• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • This looks cool ima play it and i hav a question if u dont mind answering how did u change the attack animation?

It's really hard to do on your own and takes forever. We got them from someone else.

I have a question,
    How far can we play in v1.2

You get to the southeastern portion of the Orange Islands. You could wait a little bit for the next beta to come out, where you will be able to play the whole southern half of the Orange Islands. We're making a lot of changes in the game code so you might not be able to transfer your old save files.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    are you going to have special events were pokemon like charizard leave so he can have the new pokemon from johto? or will you just have a level cap so people have to use new pokemon in new regions

also will pikachu follow you everywhere? will his level be reset when you enter johto region?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • are you going to have special events were pokemon like charizard leave so he can have the new pokemon from johto? or will you just have a level cap so people have to use new pokemon in new regions

also will pikachu follow you everywhere? will his level be reset when you enter johto region?

1. Don't ask about the level cap. We will deal with that issue later.
    2. There will be no Ash's Charizard.
    3. Pikachu will not follow you.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Small Update: The Tristeza desert has been made into the game and there's a mysterious cave located in the center of the desert. What's the secret inside the cave? Please check the screenshot below to see if you get some clues. Enjoy the upcoming new year's ceremony, everyone!

screenshot13.png

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Really nice update! :D The DP item screen is far better then the one I made. XD
    How large is the Tristeza desert?

Well it's not a fairly large desert, but definitely not a small one. The tiles suck a little bit considering I don't have a perfect tileset for desert maps(the cactus looks like green bushes, lol).

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Well it's not a fairly large desert, but definitely not a small one. The tiles suck a little bit considering I don't have a perfect tileset for desert maps(the cactus looks like green bushes, lol).

Their Cactuses O.o Lol Yeah you need some different tiles for that lol

Are you gonna upgrade the game graphically or keep FR tiles and such ?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Their Cactuses O.o Lol Yeah you need some different tiles for that lol

Are you gonna upgrade the game graphically or keep FR tiles and such ?

Well I'm kind of waiting for Moose's update for the tileset, but it's gonna take some time for him to complete it. I may have to stick with the FR/LG tiles for a while but I promise the graphics will look quite different someday.

EJames2100

Years
  • Well I'm kind of waiting for Moose's update for the tileset, but it's gonna take some time for him to complete it. I may have to stick with the FR/LG tiles for a while but I promise the graphics will look quite different someday.

I'm not that fussed, I'd say get the Graphic side done quick, Just so you don't have to redo a hell of a lot of maps when the change comes later :P

That sucks X_X (the tile thing).
    Would it be bigger then the desert route in RSE?
    Also, I noticed that in the bottom right screenshot, the crack in the wall / door thingy should be up another tile.

Ah yeah, Just seen that lol

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • That sucks X_X (the tile thing).
    Would it be bigger then the desert route in RSE?
    Also, I noticed that in the bottom right screenshot, the crack in the wall / door thingy should be up another tile.

Well, I don't think it's gonna be such a large desert considering the area of Mandarin island itself is not that huge. I will try my best to make the desert better when I have the tiles.

I'm not that fussed, I'd say get the Graphic side done quick, Just so you don't have to redo a hell of a lot of maps when the change comes later :P

Ah yeah, Just seen that lol

Thanks, I will. I appreciate your kind comments on Pokemon HOF thread and please check out the next beta in mid-January!

Btw, I'm glad the announce that Bubblewrap has joined the Pokemon HOF team as a spriter. Now I'm more optimistic about the future of Pokemon HOF project.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • EJames2100, saying that won't make me go any faster. You know how long spriting takes. I'm trying to combine a lot of different people's tiles to make thematic tilesets, so it'll be a while.

However, two tilesets will be released in the beta after this one. They will be the Don Patch Standard and the Saurav Standard.

EJames2100

Years
  • EJames2100, saying that won't make me go any faster. You know how long spriting takes. I'm trying to combine a lot of different people's tiles to make thematic tilesets, so it'll be a while.

However, two tilesets will be released in the beta after this one. They will be the Don Patch Standard and the Saurav Standard.

I know that, Just expressing an opinion, No point rushing it, going at an easy pace will make them even better than possible rushing.

Cool, I look forward to the new Beta :)

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • looks like it's making some great progress :3

Though I have one tiny complaint about the cave in the center of the desert; it doesn't make sense to have green bushes around it, if it's in middle of a desert? Perhaps if they were a cactus plant, but those are seen in regular climates. Eh, just a random note xP

Anywho~ I love the Daisy sprites <3 She looks awesome. Keep it up~

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • looks like it's making some great progress :3

Though I have one tiny complaint about the cave in the center of the desert; it doesn't make sense to have green bushes around it, if it's in middle of a desert? Perhaps if they were a cactus plant, but those are seen in regular climates. Eh, just a random note xP

Anywho~ I love the Daisy sprites <3 She looks awesome. Keep it up~

We don't have enough overworld tiles. Fortunately, the maps will be updated after we release the next beta. After that we will be using Don Patch and Saurav tilesets.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Update time: After the mystery of Tristeza cave has been settled, \PN discovers a secret hideout. To his surprise, Team Rocket is back(but where's Giovanni)! It might explain why more and more people are losing their Pokemon on Mandarin Island. Please follow \PN's journey and see what the new team rocket look like. The screenshot can be viewed below:

screenshot14-1.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like it, but ONE thing. The rocket, I'm assuming, is the one that says 'Intruder observed! Wtf, small child?'? Anyway, I don't like the 'wtf' part. Personally, I think you should put 'what the ****' instead or leave it out entirely. And by ****, I don't mean to censor it, just that I don't want to cuss here. Actually put in the cuss word or whatev, but just don't put 'wtf'. xD Anyway, that said, yay! I like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back