• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    "THE LETTER"
    Dear Earth Persons:
    OK. We are having a nice day. We also have a number of extremely sophisticated weapons, and unless you start broadcasting something more interesting, we will reduce your planet to a very warm object the size of a child's bowling ball.
    Regards,
    The Aliens

$$ THE END $$

I'm really curious about the existence of aliens....... Could someone tell me please....

"Could there be Aliens out there????"

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    The universe is a big place, with billions of star systems in just our galaxy alone, life out there isn't a crazy idea. If life can form on the dinky third planet of a tiny yellow star on the edge of the milky way, chances are it's forming in other places all the time, both more primitive and advanced than us.

Years
    Hello,
    I share the same opinion like Zakarii, cause it´s impossible, by such a big universe, that we´re the only one living.^^

s0n1c

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    No, simply no. I thourighly believe there is no such thing as Aliens.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    This galaxy alone contains more or less 10 billion stars, and the chance of a star having the same habitable condition such as ours is less than 10%, and in that 10% there is another 10% of having a habitable planet such as ours. I'm talking here a very small probability of having life in other star system. Nevertheless, that small percentage mean big to us. If we are able to communicate to other advanced beings(which I doubt at this present technology), we are able to conclude that there are other advanced life forms other than us. And of the billions of galaxy and of the centillion(more or less) stars there, it is almost impoosible to say that we are alone.

Ayselipera

There are three things in this world that scare the crap out of me and Aliens are one of them. If I ever saw an alien I would instantaneously crap myself.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    This galaxy alone contains more or less 10 billion stars, and the chance of a star having the same habitable condition such as ours is less than 10%...

Why? Why is the chance of some other Earth being out there so low?

I think there could be another planet with live out there. However, the chances of us finding them or them finding us I find rather low.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "THE LETTER"
    Dear Earth Persons:
    OK. We are having a nice day. We also have a number of extremely sophisticated weapons, and unless you start broadcasting something more interesting, we will reduce your planet to a very warm object the size of a child's bowling ball.
    Regards,
    The Aliens

$$ THE END $$

I'm really curious about the existence of aliens....... Could someone tell me please....

Where's the Doctor when we need him? D:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    There is no reason their couldn't be extra-terrestrial life out there. If plants can grow on other planets as well as worm-like organisms living on Mars I think it was, then there is no reason to say that multi-cell organisms are not possibly out there (yes the wormy things were actually single-celled). And as has been pointed out, water has been found therefore life will follow.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I think there could be.
    In a huge universe, who said we are the only ones out there.

But I don't believe they necessarily know we exist. They might be like us, and debating over it themselves.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years

Aliens.

They come from Planet Funk, in the Jackson Nebula.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    How the - are we supposed to know?

It is ignorant say we are the only life in the Universe and there is no possibility for other life. I believe there is other life.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Astrobiology is actually something I was thinking of going into when I get to college. Very interesting stuff. It's incredibly silly to say that there is no life out there. Maybe not other intelligent life (all though I would argue that it probably does exist), but certainly there is bacteria-like lifeforms out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_Equation

^ This equation is based on a serious of educated guesses, which states that there are probably hundreds or thousands of intelligent species within our own galaxy.

However, I don't think any aliens have been to earth (OMG UFOs!!!). Unless they can travel faster than light, it isn't feasible to travel between solar systems.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I believe that there is in fact life on other planets, but I have a hard time believing it would be as intelligent as us.

I wonder if life on other planets would function similarly to earths life forms or if it would be a completely different system...

Years
    theres a chance they exist it cant be earth is the only planet where mtiple celled orginisms live is it its a big universe out there

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    The universe is huge, their are places beyond where we could go. Places that we shall never touch down on. Not until we find the Mass Relay and warp technology forward two-hundred years. I believe that it is possible and highly likely that there is other life. It wouldn't make sense for the Big Bang to create us and only us.

The aliens may or may not be as smart as us. Theymay be a small microscopic creature, or a ginormous thing the size of a T-rex. These are one of the many mysteries that we will likely never find an answer too.

Edit:

This galaxy alone contains more or less 10 billion stars, and the chance of a star having the same habitable condition such as ours is less than 10%, and in that 10% there is another 10% of having a habitable planet such as ours.

The "aliens" may not need the same living requirements as us. It is somewhat ignorant to believe that if there was other life that we would share the same criteria to live. They could people who thrive in a gaseous planet. Or need extreme temperatures to live.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back