• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Comedy of Circumstances [PG 16-17ish]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Plot

It all began with people crossing the line.

This is really not half as unusual or unexpected as some make it out to be. People cross lines all the time. They are, after all, descendants of people who crossed the right kinds of line and benefited from it. They travel in the footsteps of the first primitive to tame fire, the first adventurer who made the perilous journey to the neighboring valley, and the first man to look at a Wingull and say 'I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that critter's rear'. They are pioneers, risktakers, frontiersmen. How would they know that one berry kills you where the other makes the perfect spice unless they tasted both? How could they tell that the big sign over the red button that says 'do not touch' isn't a cunning diversion? How would they know, that what seemed like a harmless gladiatorial sport could lead to the wholesale destruction of a continent?

How would they know...unless they tried?

Some were for it, some opposed it. In retrospect, it is easy to label the sides, but this is nothing more than conceit. The people who crossed the line did not do so because they were bad people. Rather, they simply acted in the only way they knew how...as people. And like people do, they were quick to find a scapegoat after the fact.

This is a story about these people, who chose to cross the line best left uncrossed, and the people who came after them and locked up their predecessors' mistakes in the closet as best they could. But it is also about another kind of people; the first people to come across their predecessors' proverbial closet and ask themselves 'Now why is that locked again? And where did I leave that key?'

Long ago, or so the fairy tales would have us believe, the world of pokémon was a veritable paradise. A happy, go-lucky utopia that knew of no borders or politics, where humans could capture and tame the beasts of the land at the flick of a wrist and carry them comfortably in their pocket. A world where adolescents could safely roam across the regions armed with nothing but their trusted pokémon companions, their wits, and whatever belongings they had happened to stow away in their backpack. Every person seemed to have their personal companion to call on, every town a nursing center waiting for them with open arms, and every bystander a piece of helpful advice or a small donation for their journey.

There were adversities, of course. Evil groups lurked in the background, attempting to exploit the innocent world for their own heinous schemes and even bringing it to the brink of disaster at times, but justice and friendship would always prevail in the end and harmony would always be restored. Then, everyone would get back together and rebuild before moving on, the bad times soon fading to nothing more than an exciting tale for the fireside.

If this mythical age ever was reality, there certainly isn't much evidence to support it now. No matter how romantic or optimistic the observer, the frigid regional union of Kanto and Johto is bears very little resemblance to the twin paradises of lore and there is certainly no mention of the dense, tropical jungles so characteristic of Hoenn, nor of how people could ever survive in the scorching wastelands of Orre, unbearable to all but the hardiest of pokémon species. Above all, the old tales speak of a fourth region, Sinnoh, placing it at the location of the Coronet Islands, a loose island chain with nothing but sea around it for miles. Needless to say, such fanciful tales are often interpreted symbolically, or - more commonly - simply dismissed as fantasy.

Confined to myths though it generally is, not everyone has been so quick to give up on the idea of this golden age. Scientific circles have long revered one particular aspect of the tales above all: data-matter conversion. The notion of breaking down an entire living organism into code, and - more crucially - reassembling it. Though often faced with mockery, particularly from their peers, several visionary scientists have devoted their lives for the pursuit of this programmers' holy grail. Most notably, Kyrene Silph, the recently appointed CEO of the world's leading technological giant, Silph Co., has displayed considerable interest in the matter. For the past few years, she and her adherents have been aggressively campaigning for rights to excavate the longstanding 'forbidden areas' around the Kanto-Johto area and particularly the Coronet Islands. These areas are considered sacred, decreed out of bounds by the scriptures of the Utopianist church, the largest and most influential religious order in the area.

By the ethos of the Utopianists, all machinery not powered by living organisms is an affront to lord Arceus, the creator of the universe, and the capture of pokémon against their will is an unforgivable sin. Needless to say, this has not helped to ease tensions between the two, and the continued friction between two high-profile factions such as this has put both the union government and its people ill at ease.

In an attempt to smooth over the issue, a grand summit has been arranged at Fortree City, Hoenn, the most politically neutral area available for this purpose. Despite the air of formal politeness, the occasion is as close to a battlefield as anything has been in recent memory, and both factions are coming in armed to the teeth. Diplomatic relations between them are truly hanging by a thread that all too many would be willing to snap, and as such, the government has placed security in the area at an all-time high in preparation.

Yet, no matter how tight the mesh, one mosquito always seems to slip through. No matter how secure the lock, someone will figure out how to break it. No matter how fleeting the chance, someone will seize on it. Lines were made to be crossed, and people made to cross them.

Setting Notes

General

As you probably deduced from the above, this is not the usual happy, go-lucky pokémon world we are dealing with. As such, there is a number of things that should be taken into consideration. You do not need to read all of it, but at the very least you should go through the general notes below and the specifics for your chosen region and faction.
    Spoiler:

The Regions

Kanto
    Spoiler:

Johto
    Spoiler:

Hoenn
    Spoiler:

Coronet Islands
    Spoiler:

Orre
    Spoiler:

Character Creation

This RP will begin at the summit in Fortree City, and all characters will be present there, be it to participate in the debate itself, to serve as security, to spectate, or simply by coincidence. For simplicity's sake, your choice will be restricted to one of the four factions with motive to be there.

Technocrat
    Spoiler:

Utopianist
    Spoiler:

Agent
    Spoiler:

Freelancer
    Spoiler:

Rules

Read them. Embrace them. Make them yours.

Spoiler:

~SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED~

HOT, BLAZING UPDATE: Oh dear, I knew there was something I had forgotten to mention. XD

Alright, you crazy peoples, here's the deal:

THERE WILL BE NO RESERVATIONS IN THIS THREAD

I'm looking for quality in profiles first and foremost, so I'm not going to speed fill my cast, unlike what most RP masters seem to be doing. Unless the profile really blows my mind, I'm not going to pass a final verdict on it until RP start time and this being the case, I really see no point in taking reservations. Everyone gets to do their thing within the same timeframe and the profiles I like the best get in: no privileges, no exceptions, no special snowflakes. At present, I haven't even laid down my closing date for sign-ups yet, so everyone just take it easy. As long as we don't get everyone trying to be on the same faction, there are no limited offer slots being filled up while you type and plan. ;D

HOT, BLAZING UPDATE, the sequel: OOC Thread up and running.

Last edited:

Kularian

Talespinner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Name: Isaac Williams

Nationality: Coronet Islands

Faction: Utopianist

Appearance:
    Isaac cuts a fairly imposing figure, standing at well over six feet in height, and with a powerful build to match. His deep brown hair is normally kept short and swept back, though it can get to his collar time and again, as he doesn't often pay that close of attention to it. When it gets long enough to annoy him, he'll get it cut, but most of the time he simply won't bother it, which explains its rather unruly state. Piercing blue eyes are just below his bangs, though normally they are paired with a warm smile, which takes the edge from them. Accompanying the smile-induced wrinkles around his mouth is a collection of stubble. Like his hair, he doesn't pay much attention to it, but manages to keep it at a trimmed level, most of the time.

Being that Isaac is something of a traveling Evangelist, his manner of dress is far more suited to travel. The most important items he owns, in his opinion, are the soft-soled boots that he does most of his walking in, though his old friends are beginning to show their age. The leather is cracking in a few places, but as long as they are still wearable, you'll see them on Isaac's feet. For the most part, his dress consists of a heavy-knit, short-sleeved shirt and trousers made of the same material. For colder climates, like Kanto, he has a trench coat of the same thick wool fabric which he can double as a blanket in an emergency. Warmer areas give him reason to wear his wide-brimmed hat, which keeps the sun out of his eyes and makes traveling a bit more pleasant.

Pokémon:

Male Machoke with the name Templar. Isaac's main traveling companion, the large creature accompanies him wherever he goes. Acting as both friend and protection, Templar has a strong sense of justice and will not hesitate to make his opinion known, usually through a display of force.

Female Ekans with the name Judgment. Isaac's first pokemon, and closest ally; the snake often coils around Isaac's neck or arm and remains motionless until needed. Much more easy going than her other pokemon friend, Judgment often is the one to calm down Templar when anger gets the best of him.

Introduction:

"Hm, what's tha' now?" Isaac asked as he lay upon a grassy bank. His hat was positioned on his face to keep out the sun, and his coat was set to the side for Templar and Judgment to lay upon. His smooth, easy-going drawl was present as always, though he made no real movement in accordance with his words.

The one who had gotten his attention in the first place was a young woman, barely twenty, who looked quite annoyed with the man. "Isaac, didn't you listen to a word I said?" she demanded, tossing a bit of honey-blond hair over her shoulder.

Reaching up with a single gloved hand, Isaac removed the hat from its position on his face. His eyes, unerringly, drifted to the woman and he smiled warmly, before giving her a wink as the smile spread into a grin. "G'mornin', Hilary." His eyes adjusted rather quickly to the sunlight, and he didn't have to squint to keep the majority of the sun's rays out.

The sun was always warmer here in Hoenn, and despite the fact he'd come wandering through of his own volition, he couldn't help but wish that the sun wasn't so bright. Being an evangelist for the Utopianists wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, if it was cracked up to be anything at all. Most who heard him speak were already converts, as those who didn't want to hear what he had to say simply left earshot, much to his chagrin.

"Don't good morning me, you oaf," the petite blond woman snapped, jabbing him a few times in the side with her foot.

In an instant, Templar was on his feet, glowering at her. "Calm 'er down there, Templar," Isaac said as he sat up slowly, using the same hand he'd used to remove his had to sweep his hair back from his face. "Ain' no reason t' get in a tizzy." Turning, he glanced up at Hilary again, giving the same smile. "Now, what was it you were sayin', darlin'?" he asked, hoping to get an answer.

The woman let out a sigh that was mostly frustration, tapping her foot impatiently. "Fine. I'll tell you again, but you had better listen this time, Isaac," she said, pointing her finger in his direction. In response, he held up his hands to feign innocence. "Now, like I was saying, there's something big going down. The Technocrats and the Utopianists are going to meet. Here in Hoenn."

Any of the sleepiness that was still in Isaac would have vacated at that statement, were he a heavier sleeper. "What the hell fer?" he asked, getting to his feet. Templar, already standing, took a few steps to stand beside him and Judgment slithered up his pantleg and back before coming to a rest on his shoulder. "I ain' no diplomat, but I'm pretty damn sure that there's a dumbass idea."

The woman nodded furiously. "I know! I know it is, Isaac. What's worse is that from what I've heard from some others, both sides are coming armed. This isn't going to be a nice friendly chat. This is going to be a battlefield, Isaac!"

Pale, yet somehow vibrant blue eyes watched the girl as she spoke animatedly about the upcoming meeting. The young woman was one that Isaac had met a few years ago, and one of the few that he'd actually managed to convert. Whenever he was in town, she normally let him stay at her home, free of charge. Well, free of monetary charge, that is. Isaac helped her with manual labor, along with Templar, around the house and in her garden. It was a small price to pay for a place to sleep and free meals, as far as he was concerned.

"So…what 'zactly do ya want me t' do about it, Hilary?" he asked, scratching at the stubble on his chin. "I ain' no fighter, you know that." Though that was partially a lie; before the Utopianists, Isaac was something of a thug. It was a piece of a past he didn't like to be reminded of, and did his best to put it behind him. "What can I do?"

Hilary shook her head, blond hair dancing about her slim face. "I don't know, but you could do something, couldn't you? Maybe talk to some of the members of the Utopianists?" Isaac saw the worry in her eyes and let out a soft sigh, rubbing his forehead.

"I dunno, Hilary. Tha' seems like an awful lot o' work, an'…" he said, trailing off as he saw the glare beginning to form in her eyes. "I jus' don't think that I'm the guy to handle somethin' like this." It was a rather large responsibility, after all. Isaac was simply an evangelist; he wasn't of any high-ranking member in the church. How would he be able to convince anyone?

"Listen here, you," she said, jabbing a finger into his chest. "Would Arceus condone the spilling of innocent pokemon and human blood? That's what's going to happen, Isaac. These people aren't going to play games there; this is serious!"

With a slight grin, Isaac let his hand rest on her head, tousling her hair. She glared up at him, which only caused his grin to widen. "All righ', all righ'. I'll go and take a look-see and see if I can't stop some people from dyin'," he offered, a placating tone in his voice. "Where'd you say this whole thing was going down at?"

Pulling his hand away from her head, Hilary took a step back, fixing the few strands of hair that had gotten misplaced. "Fortree City. And I don't know exactly when it's happening, but it has to be soon. So get your butt in gear and get over there before it's already too late." She held her serious look for another moment, while Isaac simply watched, before she broke, moving to embrace him. "And come back, darnit."

Isaac chuckled, pulling her into the hug before releasing her, his hands on her shoulders. "Don' be going and worryin' yer pretty head about me. I'm an old man, after all. Go and find yourself a good man and have some kids. That'll calm that temper of yours," he finished with a grin, earning him another glare.

Turning, he motioned to Templar. "C'mon now, old friend. It's time to walk again, it seems like. Hope you ain' too tired of it yet." As he began to walk, the Machoke fell into step beside him easily, the long legs matching the strides of the evangelist with little difficulty.

When he was only a few steps into his journey, he heard Hilary speak again, calling to him. "Isaac! Your coat!" He turned to face her, the slim woman carrying the heavy leather coat with some difficulty. Giving Templar a look that told him to wait, he moved towards her, taking the trench coat from her and slinging it over his shoulder, opposite the one that Judgment had chosen for her perch. "I just…didn't want you to get cold…" she panted, already spent from carrying the heavy coat.

He raised an eyebrow at her, a smile spreading across his face. "Cold? In Hoenn? I think that ain' gonna happen, Hilary. But I appreciate the thought. Now, if ya'll excuse me, I gotta go stop a war." Giving her a wink, Isaac turned again, moving to catch back up with Templar before raising a hand in farewell. "Fortree City, eh?" he asked himself, before cracking his neck sharply. "Guess I got some walkin' to do…"

Last edited:

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    I will write a sign-up at this date: [9. August, 2009]

Reason: That is when I come home from an orchestral seminar.

I hope it's ok. I promise you a really good character, and this RP seems awsome...

I'll see y'all then :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Name: Aaron James Coggins

Nationality: johto

Faction: Freelancer,born in olivine

Appearance: Around 6 foot 3 with a large head. He has brown hair that shows signs of a bad blonde dye job.He has brown eyes and black glasses. His shirt is orange with an 01 on the back and an electrode on the front. He wears red shorts and brown sandels.He has thin arms and is very fat,around 255 pounds.he also carries a shovel with him whenever possible,because he grew up on a farm and also to defend himself

Pokémon: His pokemon are Marowak,Riolu,Jinx,Ditto,and elekid.He has ditto masquerade as his mute sister who claims to own some of the pokemon.He claims to have Jinx and Elekid while the Ditto claims Marowak and Riolu.

Introduction: Aaron walked into olivine city whilst thinking about his path in life.Normally he'd be wandering around johto doing odd jobs and training.Most people see training as a waste of time,and try to get him to give up on it.But he couldn't do that,because it would mean giving up on his dream.His dream of returning the world to the golden age of the legends.Whenever he had time to think,which he had alot of,he would plan on how to do this.But with all this time,he'd yet to succeed in thinking of a workable plan.So every now and then he'd return to his family's farm to help out so he could see them and have their help in planning.As it was,he went to town so he could sell some milk and get his shovel repaired.

Later that day,Aaron was walking back toward the farm,he bought a news paper to read on the way.He noticed an article about he impending summit.Do to his frequent traveling,he hadn't heard about the summit before.
    Aaron read aloud the article"Let's see Kanto-based corporation silph co. has called a summit with the utopianist church in fortree city."
    "Interesting" he thought to himself"Wonder what it's about"
    he continued to read"The summit will is to discuss a possible mining expidition in the coronet islands.The company wishes to research a possible source of knowledge regarding data-based technology"
    He stopped midbreath at this news and the epiphany it caused "Data-based tech? like in the mythes! that expedition could prove the legends true and finally we could get on the path to a new golden age". He knew he had to be at that expedition.He knew he had to be there at the beginnings of a new age.The only way he could do so was if he went to fortree.So,he ran home at top speed and began to gather his things for the trip.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @Kularian: That profile is...very well done, actually. Your intro is well made in terms of style and grammar and gives a good feel for the character, and your character seems very fitting both for his faction and nationality. Out of principle, I'm not calling definite verdicts just yet, but unless I get a miraculous flood of godly sign-ups sometime in the near future, there's really no way this wouldn't make the cut. It's as good as accepted, really, but ~Pending~ for now. Good job.

@jcogginsa: Yours, on the other hand...seems more than a little rushed. First off, that is one massive party of pokémon. Even assuming he had a plausible way to keep them hidden, the odds of your character even successfully managing to bond with that many during his rather short lifetime is are basically non-existent. Also, I do not see how two pokémon who aren't even built for tunneling to begin with could somehow tunnel unnoticed behind him everywhere. And how did they learn to dig anyway? TMs and HMs are among the gone luxuries too. Your introduction has much the same flaw, and your spelling and grammar is...pretty bad.

This would get a definite declined verdict in its current state, so yeah...a lot more work if you want to get in. It's ~Pending~ for now so you still have time to change it though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Okay,I fixed all the errors i could find in my introduction,raised his age by 8 years,and took out ekans and arbok

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Oh, goodness, I'm going to cry.

Firstly, this RP is full of eggs and celery goodness. Secondly, my computer spontaneously rebooted, causing me to lose... about six hours of work.

This is going to be... annoying. I promise to write back soon, though. <3

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • This is the first time that I didn't have to include a personality or history in the sign-up. I feel like my post is missing a metaphorical arm. Well, anyhow, I present you this sign-up.

-

Name:
    Frederick (Flamer) Jacobs

Nationality: Hoenn

Faction: Freelancer

Appearance: Despite what his nicknamesuggests, Flamer looked so completely harmless and easygoing that it was tangible. He was always lounging around, smiling charmingly at any girl who looked his way or just grinning insolently at the world in general. Underneath the shaggy, slightly overgrown mop of auburn hair sparkled a pair of hazel eyes, bright with mischief. Light wisps of hair graced his jaw and the skin above his upper lip to make up a strangely soft, thin beard. He was wiry, with smooth, lean muscles, and was of an average height, giving him the antithesis of an imposing figure. His skin was lightly tanned due to his constant exposure to fire, which had given him his nickname in the first place.

When traveling on the road, he wore a simple collared, beige shirt and faded black trousers that wouldn't restrict his movements. If the temperature grew uncomfortably cool, an overlarge brown jacket would be thrown over his ensemble. A faded brown farmer's hat was usually perched on top of his head at a lopsided angle, adding to his careless image. A dirty-brown backpack and small black suitcase held all his worldly valuables and the tools of his trade.

Pokémon: A male Houndoom named Magic. He loves doing a job well done, thriving on the thrill and satisfaction. However, he doesn't know the meaning of "rest" in-between jobs and is always constantly searching for something to do.

A female Misdreavus named Trickery. She lazes about during the day, snoozing or watching events with disinterest. At night, she lurks, invisible, in the shadows and takes a particular interest in finding hidden secrets, which suited Flamer's job of choice just fine.

A male Kecleon named Fool. He spends his time amusing himself by playing jokes on others. The Pokemon loved to show off his skills and trained hard whenever the thought came to mind. In the daytime, he turns invisible and ducks behind a nearby object whenever the party is in danger of being found over the point limit. At night, he leaves the avoidance and invisibility to Trick.

Introduction:

The chair was soft and luxurious, Flamer noted appreciatively. His own seat was crude and uncomfortable, but that was to be expected. He was being propositioned by somebody with mounds of money and derived a certain satisfaction from reminding him that he was a poor, distrusted man with a much lower status. Since he already knew that without being told, he just grinned in tolerant amusement at the fancies of all rich people across the regions. As he waited for his prospective employer to start speaking, he glanced around at the room and sniffed the musky air. It was posh, as expected, expert craftsmanship present on all the other furniture present and obscenely literate novels carefully stacked on the shelves. It was all designed to remind him that he wasn't as educated as they were; to make him feel embarrassed of his travel-worn clothing and meager income.

The hooded figure seated in the other chair watched the relaxed and smiling man with the same interest that a tap-dancing spider might incur, his elbows on the mahogany desk separating them and his chin resting on the back of his interlocked hands. He looked so... cheerful, and rather simple. Of course, those were the qualities that he was chosen for, but he didn't even have the dignity to look serious. He was usually hired as a spy, his harmless looks and nature aiding him in sneaking around under full view. Apart from being a tool to be used by the wealthy, he was a traveling performer - an acrobat and magician with a fiery theme. When even that failed, he took to petty thieving. He owed his life a hundred times over to his nimble fingers.

"Mr Jacobs," he finally said, his voice as smooth and flowing as honey. The man looked at him, his grin widening.

"Oh, it's you again. What do ya bloody want this time?" Flamer asked jovially, his voice anything but smooth and flowing. Last time, he'd been sent to retrieve some ledgers from some other rich man. He had been paid well and had a pleasurable month, eating and resting to his heart's content.

"Are you aware that there is a meeting at the summit in Fortree?" He asked pleasantly, face shadowed and indiscernible under the hood. Flamer shrugged.

"Well, yeah. Big news on the roads," he explained. People were wondering about what they could find in the forbidden areas; whether you could really turn solid things into numbers and contain them.

"What's your view on this debate, then?" The hooded man asked. In actual fact, Flamer already knew who his employer really was, but he didn't have to tell the guy that. He shrugged again.

"Yes, no, doesn't really matter to me either way," he said.

"Well, I am interested in the outcome. Don't worry," he said, seeing the look on Flamer's face, "I wouldn't have a Freelancer participate in a debate. No, I just want you to watch and, if possible, prevent any... accidents." He said meaningfully. "Mr Jacobs, I am a man of the times. We must keep moving forwards and advance to the future. Sometimes, to do that, you have to take a look at the past. Mr Jacobs, I hope that the Technocrats win this debate. However, I do not wish to meddle this time. All you have to do is watch the proceedings carefully and gather as much information as you are able to."

"On what?" He asked.

"Everything. Report to me at the end of your little adventure."

Flamer looked thoughtful for a moment and, with another shrug, committed himself to the job. "How much?" He asked.

"That will depend on what you have to tell me. But," he said, "as a show of goodwill, I will pay you a small amount in advance." He conjured a bag of coins from somewhere under his cloak and tossed it towards Flamer, who hefted it and smiled at the dull clinking noise it made.

"You're being bloody generous today," Flamer said, pleased.

"I believe that you have some way to travel. You should get an early start in the morning," he suggested. The Freelancer sighed.

"Alright, but can you be gentler next time you bloody kidnap me?" He requested. The man said nothing, but gave him a curt nod of dismissal. He turned and walked out of the room, noticing good-naturedly that there were no small, valuable items lying about conveniently. His employer wouldn't trust him to find his own butt, and that suited him just fine.

Walking out of the room, past several corridors and out of the building, he spotted his Pokemon, waiting for him. Magic was, of course, practicing his fire moves while there and Fool was nowhere to be seen. He called them over, smiling widely.

"Listen, folks, we're going to Fortree," he told them. "And we better get cracking."

Last edited:

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • Sign-Up Sheet

Spoiler:

((Well, this is it. I really really hope this is good enough; but Alter Ego, if you want me to change or add more detail to anything, please tell me :D I could've squeezed a couple of other ideas, but I think I'll save 'em and use them on my beggining posts; if I am accepted. Again, I hope you like it. ))

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @Kularian: Ah, y'know what? Screw it. I'm not going to decline this anyway, so I may as well make this official. Your character is hereby ~Accepted~.

@Cirrus: Trust me, hun, I know your pain. Been down that road countless of times myself. Hope you get your hard work restored soon and without too much excessive pain. ^^

@jcogginsa: ...you know, when I say you need a lot of work on your profile, I'm talking a bit more than ten minutes of edit. While your excuse has gotten better, that team is still seriously disproportionate. As in, I don't see a person in this day and age seriously taming and managing to support that many pokémon and you have given no explanation whatsoever to how he's pulling that off financially. Your introduction is also very flat and impersonal, and gives very little information on what kind of person your character is. The paragraphs look scrunched up too; please paragraph those properly. This is still sticking firmly in the declined territory. Again, allow me to emphasize: you need to improve it a lot. ~Pending~

@Sweet_Dreams: Now this character concept I do like, and you have your illegal excess convincingly covered. A scoundrel-like freelancer makes for an interesting addition to the cast too, especially given how we'll get a Technocrat backup supporter type for the same price. His employer sounds like just the kind of political meddling I was hoping to see too. Yep, this is ~Accepted~.

@Diegoyayi: The character himself...I do approve of. In terms of detail, personality, and writing skill, this sign-up more than meets the criteria. There is, however, one big violation of setting details.

Pokéballs do not exist.

So yes, you are allowed to have that whole team, but you need to transport them around and make room for them the old-fashioned way.

So yeah, aside from that little detail it's lovely, but you're going to need to change that bit before I can accept this. ~Pending~ until then.

And with that sorted out, two pieces of news. First off, we now have an OOC Thread. General OOC chit-chat, blabber, questions etc. should go there from hereon out.

Second, I think it's about time I made my own sign-up.

Name: Theresa Aegisfield, Theta by preference

Nationality:
    Johto

Faction: Agent

Appearance: Standing at around 1,6 meters of height with a lithe, wiry frame, Theresa - or Theta as she prefers to be called - looks rather less imposing than her fellow agents at first glance. Her hair is pale brown, reaching to about shoulder length while free, usually tied up into a pair of messy tufts at the back to keep it from getting tangled and her complexion is of the usual fair variety typical of her home region. Any closer inspection makes it obvious that she is far from your average civilian, however. No matter the occasion, Theta always seem to have at least a couple of injuries to show. A bruise here, an impression on her skin there, a mending cut, a half-healed scar...the only permanent part of the pattern is a large scar running vertically down the middle of her right eye, vanishing in beneath the eyepatch she dons, and of course there is also the typical barcode tattoo, imprinted on her right forearm. Despite her rather painful-looking circumstances, Theta is nearly always seen with a smile on her face, the remaining, light green eye bright and alert.

In clothing, Theta is fairly plain and utalitarian like most agents, usually donning thick-soled shoes, trousers and shirt, a crop top in warmer weather, possibly a scarf or pair of more weatherproof boots in cold, all of them in reserved colors. To help handle her Skarmory, she also has a pair of thick, tough leather gloves and shoulder pads for use.

Pokémon:
    Skarmory, Octillery, Shedinja

Introduction:

They called it Circumstances.

On paper it was the Tri-Continent Area Domestic Security Agency, but in here, beyond the concrete and iron, the fences and code locks, it was just Circumstances. Their targets? Victims of Circumstances, naturally. His face scrunched up in distaste. Bet someone in here had had a whole bundle of laughs thinking that one up, the sick bastards.

And speaking of bastards...

"Are the security measures to your satisfaction, senator?"

He merely glared in response, offering a sullen nod towards the rather taller man traveling by him, the smile on the other's bony face like the grin of a skull. Francis Ironholm. Department head. He had talked like none of this was any big deal. Just come over, Reeves old chap; have a look around and tell me what you think needs improvement. Like a pair of colleagues catching up on old times together. Hah, as if. He knew what this was about, he knew how this wretch of a man operated. Terrorizing him to silence was what this whole thing was about, and that's what had made him decide to take Ironholm up on his offer immediately.

Reeves threw in an extra level of polite neutrality to his expression as they came to a halt behind a particularly well-locked door at the end of the corridor. He was no frightened little housewife, the likes of which this man robbed of their children; he wouldn't be so easily cowed. The recruitment policies were bad enough, but this...this latest decision was just too much. The girl was 21, barely even a woman, and they were planning to send her out for the nastiest outing of crowd control in recent memory? It was insanity.

Grin away while you can, he would have liked to tell the director currently preoccupied with punching an access code into the panel, I'm going to break up this whole little empire of yours, starting here.

"Now senator," Ironholm continued as the last of the locks clicked open, "Just to remind you, the pokémon within are trained and will obey my agent's commands, but I would still request that you refrain from antagonizing them in any fashion, for your...personal safety, you understand. Kindly stay within the bounds of interviewing the agent, as we agreed."

"I assure you, director." Reeves replied with icy formality, "I have no intention of causing a confrontation of any kind."

"Very good, then." the director replied, pushing the heavy door open, "In that case, please follow me."

Reeves had expected a small, spartan room, no windows, only one exit, steady electric lighting, a desk with some chairs, but instead he found himself faced with the glare of the noon sun, blinking a little as his eyes adjusted to the light. They were in a small yet surprisingly pleasant courtyard. Though the walls towered sheer and high on all sides, complete with a wire mesh far up ahead, the well-trimmed lawn and the garden path gave the place a friendly touch, a spartan fountain bubbling away merrily at the center. And there, resting in the shade of the oak in the corner, was the girl. Clad in a rather unflattering ensemble of loose-fitting trousers and shirt, both grey, with her gaze locked at some discernible thing in the canopy above her, she looked every bit like what he had expected to see based on her file. An innocent child in cruelest part of the adult world.

"Theresa Aegisfield?"

Dropping her actual name was already pushing it, he knew, but it had clearly caught the girl's attention, her face turning towards him.

...and offering only a blank look from her one good eye and a clean view of the eyepatch. Somewhere in Reeves's mind's eye, the name he had dropped kept on falling, screaming and flailing until it struck bottom with a sickening 'splat'.

For a few awkward moments, the two stared at each other, the girl's single, vividly green eye not even blinking and eventually forcing the senator to avert his gaze. The canopy above her rustled faintly. Ironholm said nothing, but he knew the wretch was enjoying every moment of this.

"...agent Theta?" the senator ventured at last, taking a few hesitant steps towards the female, tentatively reaching out a hand, "This the first time we meet, I believe. I'm senator Reeves, it is a pleasure to-"

He barely had the time to even glimpse it, the flash of sharpened steel and glint of yellow eyes that descended on him with a metallic screech. He fell on his back, raising both arms up in his defense and shutting his eyes as the talons closed in on him, and then - just as abruptly as the assault had occurred - it was cut short by a single, throaty noise. With a nonchalant flap of its wings and a small, metallic squawk in response, the metal-plated bird turn around and swooped down on the girl's shoulder instead.

Even though he slowly lowered his arms again, the senator kept on staring, eyes wide, heart still beating wildly in his chest. It took him a few seconds more to compose himself, and to notice the hand that the girl was offering him and seize it.

"That..." his mouth opened and shut rapidly, his throat felt dry, sweat streamed down his spine in rivers, "...that was..."

"Gammel was just saying hello, you know." Theta replied calmly, "He is very...affectionate."

Reeves kept on staring, his eyes travelling from the girl to the massive, vaguely avian pile of sharp plating resting on her shoulder, then back to the girl, then to the bird again, then-

"...you had something to talk about with me, mister senator?"

"Ah, that's-"

Reeves took a deep breath, forcing himself to calm down and meet the girl's gaze. This was ridiculous. He was used to talking down massive congregations, sparring on equal footing with the world's leading politicians, how could a young girl and a bird make him feel so unsettled? So...frightened?

It was then that he noticed it, his eyes widening once more, his finger pointing dumbly ahead, "You-your shoulder..."

"My shoulder, sir?"

"It's-you're..." he pointed feebly at the streaks of read slowly welling out from where the Skarmory's talons had cut through the all too thin shirt and into the skin, "...you're bleeding."

"Heh."

"Heh."

"Heh."

At first, the senator did not know quite what to make of the strange, throaty noise, the heaving of the shoulders and chest. Was it some kind of pained groan? Was she getting delirious? All he could think of was the trickle of blood running down from the Skarmory's talons. Noticing the genuinely bemused smile on the other's face, however, a revelation suddenly struck him. That awkward noise, had that been...a laugh?

"Gammel just wants some affection, sir." the girl replied, expertly stroking the bird on the small patches in between the sharp armoring, the creature letting out a metallic, almost purr-like noise in response and contentedly nuzzling against her cheek, "He is very...affectionate."

"But your shoulder..."

"...that is just a circumstance, sir." Not even a muscle on Theta's body twitched in response to the pain as she offered him a genuinely unbothered smile that sent a fresh shiver down his spine, "Circumstances can be altered. Please, do not worry about it."

"I-I see..." Reeves reached into his pocket, procuring a handkerchief from it and dabbing fervently at the sweat clustered all over his face. He had brought along an entire notebook of questions, clever and thorough probings of the girl's credentials and past. The troubles with her family back at home and their consequent 'accident', the practice session where she had lost her Ninjask, the accident that had claimed her right eye, all of it had been written, worded, and planned carefully in advance and yet...standing here face-to-face with the girl, the unyielding stare of the solitary eye, never intrusive yet always present, and the Skarmory perched on her shoulder like some grotesque mockery of a pet Pidgey, his clever words all stuck in his throat, huddling together as if afraid to come out into the light. He licked his lips, he fumbled with the notebook, but the seconds kept ticking away and no questions came out.

Finally, the man whose presence he had almost forgotten saw fit to break the silence with a discreet cough.

"I hate to interupt, senator." Ironholm remarked calmly, "But we are running out of interview time. Perhaps...a brief demonstration of agent Theta's skills would help you with your decision? It would only take a few minutes of your time, I'm sure."

"I..."

"Service with a smile and a snap in our step." Theta chimed in, offering him another chilling smile, "That is our policy, sir."

"...alright." Reeves fought back the shudder at being trapped between these two, putting on a brave face as best he could, "Let's-let's do that, then...let's see it."

"Very good." Ironholm replied, "This way then. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Oh, and Theta? Try to keep it clean, if you please. Senator Reeves is a busy man and the spray does get rather hard to wash off at times."

The senator swallowed, hard, searching in vain for even a hint of humor in either person's expression as they guided him towards another door leading out of the courtyard, one of them on each side, like guards leading the condemned to his execution.

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • ...... OPENING AGENT FILES

Name: Solomon Gunnar

Nationality: Sinnoh (Coronet Isles (Was abducted before being influenced))

Blood Type: A Positive

Appearance:

Height- 6'2
    Weight- 212 lbs
    Build- Muscular
    Natural Eye Color- Blue
    Natural Hair Color- Black
    Usual Hair Style- Ponytail
    Usual Attire- Agent has an interesting taste in clothing. Instead of the regulation suit and tie, or the also popular camo Solomon has taken to wearing civilian clothing that he puts his own style into. A white tank top is worn underneath a gray long sleeve jacket on the shoulder of which has a cubone skull and crossbones(This shirt was apprehended from a criminal). Ironically the skull and crossbones is in the same place as his barcode label. For pants he wears long black cargo paints reaching down to his feet which are covered by white sneakers.
    Other Appearance Details: Although he has an impressive stature the way he holds himself is reminiscent of his routes; laid back and relaxed. If it suited him, appearance wise he could fit in with any group of average citizens. His isn't sharp in the sense of jaggedness but instead is softer around the edges.
    Pokemon:
    dpmfa469.png

Species: Yanmega
    Name: Scout
    Specialties: Bred and trained to be used as a mount in the sky and to work as a efficient scout as well as a proficient battler.
    Relationship with Agent: Works as a colleague and partner, was trained to be a complete professional and nothing more.
    dpmfa306.png

Species: Aggron
    Name: Tank
    Specialties: An advanced close range fighter, it has an extreme level of strength and endurance, a complete power house.
    Relationship with Agent: Bonded with each other since birth, as every member of Solomons family had been with a different Aron. Recruited along with Solomon after showing extreme determination to remain with him, even going to the lengths of chasing down the recruitment vehicle and attacking it. During a task the two try to stay as professional as possible but they are the closest things either have to a friend.
    dpmfa307.png

Species: Meditite
    Name: Karma Specialties: Graced with a natural agility and strength as well as innate psychic powers. Still in the process of training but shows great potential.
    Relationship with Agent: Because said Pokemon is still in the process of training it has taken up the relationship of master and pupil with the agent. The most important lesson it has yet to learn is professionalism.
    Opening Agent Log......

This had been my first break in years, the first moment I was permitted to sit in silence and be off the clock. My colleagues or Pokemon or whatever you wish to label them were all busy on separate tasks. Whether it be weight lifting, doing drills, or merely meditating each was completely wrapped up in their tasks. I on the other hand was doing something I hadn't been able to do in peace for months... Reading.

It was a good book, in fact it was my favorite book, so it is needless to say that I was more than frustrated when a man in a suit decided to curtail my reading of it. "Agent Gunnar I wish to have a word with you." The balding man said in a commanding voice.

"One second, just allow me to finish this chapter please." I responded with as much politeness as my patience could allow. The man obviously worked for the government... I hate the government. Thanks to them I have no idea who I honestly am, I don't know my family or even where I come from, essentially I have been robbed of my identity. On top of that I am a slave to their will. I've been forced to murder, sometimes even innocent people for these stuffed shirt bastards. In the end without the agents the government would be nothing, and yet we are the underlings... They forget that in a game a chess the pawns are the most important piece...

"This is urgent Gunnar I have no time for your little reading." I clicked with my tongue and each of the Pokemon placed under my care relinquished their tasks and surrounded the suited man. He began sweating and looked nervous, how amusing. "...G-Gunnar..."

"Relax sir, they are quite friendly I assure you." I placed my book down on the desk beside my cot and examined the man who requested my audience.

"Make them leave me be!" The man yelled at me. I merely laughed and clicked with my tongue again. The man pulled out a clothe and dabbed his head lightly soaking up the sweat it had accumilated. "It's mighty hot in here isn't it?" He said and I merely shrugged. "Gunnar we are on the brink of civil war here... You and your fellow Agents are all that the unified government has to keep the peace and prevent an all out slaughter. We are sending you to the front line to act as a barrier between the two, effectively a peace keeper." The man tucked the sweat clothe back into his suit pocket.

I couldn't help but laugh and pick my book back up. "Whatever you say sir, it would be a pleasure to serve my country!" I said in a mocking tone. He didnt seem to pick up on the sarcasm.

"Fantastic, you are doing a great service to your government and in so being an effective agent, I know you wont let me down!" He let a nervous smile escape his lips and the only response I could give was a grunt. He was being way to personal than a government official should be...

"God I hate new guys..." I yawned as I flipped the page.

...Closing Log

.....Closing Agent Files

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @Diegoyayi: Forgot to check the OOC thread before this. For SHAME. Well, you've cleared out your setting contradiction, so it's all good now. ~Accepted~

@Umbrus: Ooookay...

First off, no Kyrene in your intro please. I will be playing her in an NPC capacity and have plans, none of which involve a Glameow or a personality the likes of which you are assigning to her here. Kindly switch her out from some lower tier boss.

Second, your character...is frankly far too young to be at the level of Silph co. management that you seem to be implying he's at. A person of that age would be a total rookie or a summer intern; certainly not anyone important enough to warrant an audience like that with the CEO. Having a Porygon-Z is also rather too much for that age, especially with all the implied research he has done at some imprecise point in time.

Third, your grammar is pretty iffy, particularly with the quotes and paragraphing. Please clean that up.

Fourth: I'm still finding that introduction kind of...lacking. Sure, he has the little exchange with his colleague, but there is still basically nothing to go on for your character's past, especially since it seems implied that he's both studying the biological side of things (pokérus and pokémon species relations) AND the technological side (dubious disc data); those would be two quite different subdivisions, adding another layer of implausibility to his age.

I do like seeing a technocrat sign-up, but the quality still leaves quite a bit to be desired. Fix these things up please. ~Pending~

@♣♦TimelessParadox♠♥: It's a pretty cute idea layout-wise, but I'm missing a general overview of your character's appearance, so please include that. The intro...well, I would prefer to see it in third person, but quality-wise it's quite nice. Possibly expand a little on why he hates the government people too? That bit piqued my interest, so I was sad to see there wasn't anything more mentioned about it. It looks fairly solid as is, but I'm going to wait out that apperance expansion at least. ~Pending~ for now.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Workbot v3.1.4, execute.

...loading 08%...
    ...loading 17%...
    ...loading 33%...
    ...loading 46%...
    ...loading 51%...
    ...loading 64%...
    ...loading 75%...
    ...loading 82%...
    ...loading 98%...
    Loading completed.

This means I'm going to continue working now. Shameless placeholder, gaah.

DOUBLE-EDIT:

I'm going to put my partially completed SU up for a bit so that I don't lose anything.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    My sign-up

I hope it's good enough =D

Name: Nicholas "Nico" Holguin

Nationality: Johto

Faction: Freelancer -Student

Appearance: Nico is rather short for his age. Standing at only 5'9" his friends and relatives often poke fun at him for his height. Due to his dreams of being involved in the government and leading he has taken measures to ensure that he looks like someone who can take charge. Therefore, he works out regularly in order to make up for the lack in height by adding muscle to his figure (often with Poliwrath helping out). His black hair is kept short and neat occasionally gelled up a bit. His bright blue eyes shine with a youthful energy.

Due to his dreams and his parents' advice "You never know who you're gonna meet out on the street", he watches his appearance and tries to look presentable. Normally he will be wearing a long sleeved shirt, usually a light shade of blue or green, with brown slacks and suit coat. On cold days in his school in Johto he would normally wear a
    sweater as well, but when not he wears a matching tie. Hanging next to his waist is a black canvas messenger bag which he usually carries his schoolwork and notebook in. He also uses it for important documents. Due to the warmer climate of Johto, he won't be wearing the sweater. In fact, the weather change is so much for him that it won't be too long before the coat's gone, the tie's loosened, the sleeves are rolled up and his first few buttons are unbuttoned, that is if he doesn't meet any influential people he wants to impress.

Pokémon:
    Arsenios the Poliwrath - Nico has had Arsenios since he was 9. He received him as a gift from Mrs. Allen. Poliwrath is a very loyal pokémon and won't hesitate to defend Nico.

Introduction:

"So I trust you've been well, Nico?"

"Superb, actually," Nico replied to Mrs. Allen. The lenses of his dark sunglasses gleaming in the sunlight as he looked around his new environment. A nice sandy beach, a warm environment, the smell of the sea, and who could ignore all the beautiful bikini-clad young women at the beach. He had indeed missed quite a trip when he declined
    to vacation with his friends during their most recent break from school. After careful consideration he had turned down the opportunity for one to visit Mt. Silver. "And yourself?" he asked politely.

"I'm all right. Been better..." the stout elderly women replied. "Getting old is not fun, Nico. Although there are some benefits. Lilycove City is nice to live in. So much warmer than Goldenrod, so much more relaxed too."

"Yes it is," he replied, watching some swimmers lounging on the beach. "I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here, once I'm done with business of course," Nico said patting the canvas messenger bag at his waist. He gave a slight smile of amusement as he thought how it was now literally a messenger bag.

"Now, what business exactly do you have at this summit?" Mrs. Allen asked. She spoke so casually yet Nico suspected this was just another attempt of the old widow's to start preaching to him.

"My dad wants me to deliver some papers to one of his old colleagues. Just some notes and comments on research, stuff like that."

"Why can't he do it himself?" she asked. Nico sighed. She already knew the answer, and yet she insisted on asking.

"He's sick and can't travel."

"Yes, the lord Arceus is swift and just in his punishment of those who go against his will," the old woman proclaimed.

They continued forward in an awkward silence, Nico not wanting to speak to her now. This woman would stop at nothing to convince him that his father's work was evil and he should stay away from it. What truly bothered him though was that in a way, she could be right. His father was a "former" technocrat who was often gone to Saffron City for months at a time during Nico's youth. He had worked with artificial Pokemon and it was speculated that his sickness had been caused by continued exposure to the electromagnetic waves produced by groups of Magneton.

Tired of the silence, Nico decided he should end it. Unsure of what to say, he merely brought up the trouble on the boat trip. "There was quite a storm that hit during the ride here. I was joking to Arsenios that the storm would sink the ship and he'd have to swim the rest of the way pulling me along."

Mrs. Allen grinned and turned around to look at the Poliwrath that had been walking a few paces behind them, taking in the sights. "Well I'm sure he could have pulled it off easily. My, Arsenios, you sure have grown. I remember when you were just a little Poliwag just recently hatched. Ah, I remember the look on your face when I told you, you and all your little friends, that you would each soon have a Pokemon." Nico remembered very well. It was part of the kind old woman's plot to creat Utopianists out of all the neighborhood children. "Nothing makes the great lord Arceus happier than seeing humans bond with pokémon," she had said taking them all to the pokémon. breeding ranch just south of Goldenrod. "How long ago was that, Nico?"

"Eleven years, Mrs. Allen. What a wonderful eleven years it has been too. Arsenios makes me thankful to you every day."

"Oh don't thank me, Nico. Thank Arceus for making it all possible," the old woman replied as she turned her head to speak to the Poliwrath once more. "And how have you been, Arsenios? Last time I saw you, you were still a Poliwhirl. And I see you've gained quite a bit of muscle since then."

Arsenios instantly perked up at the compliment and there was a noticeable jump in the confidence as he walked with a slight swagger. He took the time to flex an arm showing off the thick blue mass of muscle, eliciting a slight chuckle from the old woman.

"So easy to flatter... and such a show off too..." Nico muttered shaking his head with a small smile.

Mrs. Allen slowed down to a stop right in front of a basic house. Like most of the houses on the street, this house had a light blue paneling along the ouside. As the trio walked in, Nico heard a faint ringing sound. Nico looked around and noticed the simplicity of Mrs. Allen's house. There weren't many decorations, just a couple of
    photographs of her and her late husband, a painting of the ocean, and of course a painting of Arceus.

Walking into the living room, Nico put down his suitcase and dropped his bag in a corner. Mrs. Allen politely motioned for Arsenios and Nico to sit at a medium sized square table.

"Nico, if you wouldn't mind, please remove that thing from your wrist."

"It's just a watch Mrs. Allen. It has a few extra features, but it's just a watch.""

Mrs. Allen merely smiled and answered, "Well you won't need it in this house." She pointed at a large decorative clock hanging on the wall. Nico sighed and pulled off the watch, stuffing it in his pocket.

"You won't rest until I'm a Utopianist will you? Well let me just say I don't see it happening anytime soon."

Mrs. Allen laughed. "Well can you blame me for trying? You're a smart likable young man and I wouldn't be surprised to see you in an influential position in the union a couple of years from now. Can you blame me for trying to make sure you have some values when you get there? Now if you'll excuse me, I will be right back. I'm going to go get
    Julia. We had three straight days of rain, so she's been out dancing in the sun all day," she said and walked to the back of the house.

Nico smiled and sat up straight in his chair. "Well, I suppose that makes sense. I mean I'm not sure I'd be that influential in the union but-"

"Poliwrath?"

Nico looked up to see Arsenios staring at him with an expression that said, "And you say I'm easy to flatter?"

Mrs. Allen walked back in with Julia her Bellossom. The two sat at the table with Nico and Arsenios. "Well Nico, I'm guessing you've had quite a tiring trip. Why not shower and get some rest? You leave for Fortree City early tomorrow."

"Oh already? Before I forget, Mrs. Allen I want to thank you for providing me with a place to stay and for buying my bus ticket for me. I brought enough money to pay you back for the ticket," Nico replied.

"Oh it's all right Nico. You don't have to pay me back at all," she replied with a sly smile. "You see, I didn't buy you a bus ticket. In fact, the tickets for buses to Fortree have sold out due to the upcoming summit. Instead, I signed you up to hike up to Fortree on foot with the local church."

Poliwrath grunted in surprise and Nico was speechless as he stared into the old woman's smiling wrinkled face and gray eyes wondering how he could love and hate someone so much at the same time.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    *Wipes brow* Well,staying up 'til one am might not have been worth it for a RP sign-up, but I feel accomplished. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.~

The only thing I am not particularly fond with is the intro. :/

Name:
    Enakai(eh NAH kaee) "Kai" Faron

Nationality: Coronet Islands

Faction: Technocrat

Appearance:Despite him being a scientist, he still is quite an imposing figure, a whopping six feet tall and a broad-shouldered frame. Whilst he used to be a dark, heavy tan, it is now a fair, light tan. Big brown eyes are welcoming, just so is alluring smile. Jet black hair is gelled up into a faux hawk, the overall length being slightly longer than usuall(If you can't picture it). A set of teeth always look like they have just been brushed, how white they are is simply stunning. On both of his ears he has his lobe and helix pierced. The lobe earrings happen to be a cubone club, and the cartilage ones are plain studs any one's eyes, but he could swear that they look like a kabuto. Hanging around his neck is a sharpedo tooth, bound with a crude, thin rope.

As for attire, when he happens to be working he wears a loose white labcoat that hangs down to his knees. Beneath this he wears a long sleeved black t-shirt. Instead of wearing stiff pants in the lab he has chosen some rather comfortable gray sweats. Not only are the more comfortable, but they are also loads warmer. A pair of soft fluffy slippers keep his feet warm. An islander at heart, when he goes to warmer climates, he wears things that are light and breezy. A pair of gray cargo pants, and a light gray tank top are really all he needs. Instead of his usual slippers, he wears a pair of sandals that allow the breeze to blow through his toes.

Pokémon:
    A metang has be assigned to help Enakai around the lab and protect him in the case of anything going wrong. He has resorted to calling him Exodus. Unlike most of the scientists, Enakai has formed somewhat of a bond with his. The man has realized that the creature is a sentient being capable of thinking its own thoughts and feeling what it needs to feel.

Introduction:
    As much as he longed for a vacation, Enakai knew that the trip to Hoenn was not one. It however was the closest and at the same time the farthest thing to a vacation that he would be getting. Yeah, he arrived a few days early, but that was so preparations could be made. But no one would notice if he took a few hours off to just enjoy the sun. Propping up his own umbrella easily, he couldn't help but let out a dignified titter at the people who came from Kanto or Johto failed miserably. Yeah he didn't live in Hoenn but it was more or less just like the Coronet Islands.

"I found you! Wake up you lazy oaf!"

Enakai didn't awake until the man had kicked him in the side. Waking with a groan, he rubbed his side. "Ow, no whaddya do that for?" he questioned groggily, scratching his head.

"Mr. Faron! You didn't come here to vacation, we are setting up for the summit, now get off your lazy ass and come with me!" The brunette was flailing his arms in anger. Expecting his subordinate to follow orders he began to walk back off towards the summit area, and then stopped. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, Mike-" Enakai began but was cut off but the voice of his superior. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"I am not your pal, so do not call me Mike, call me Sir, or Mr. Bartold!" Mr. Bartold demanded admiration in an authoritative voice.

"Sir, yes sir!" Enakai teased. "Sir, I need a few minutes to pack my things, please continue on without me." Enakai sighed. He wanted nothing more than to be rid of the man's presence. The man bugged him, he was strict in his way of work one mishap and he threatened to get you fired.

"Okay, but if you are not at the designated area by two p.m. sharp, then don't expect to keep your job much longer!" Mr. Bartold stormed off to the area of the summit.

Enakai grabbed his towel and tossed it over his shoulder, looking back as he did. In the depths of the water he noticed a boy struggling, he looked no older than ten.

That night was forever embedded in his head, he and his brother was in the process of becoming men. As custom in his islander tribe, they had to stand a silent vigil and feed the whole tribe. They paddled a canoe out in the ocean, determined to bring back the largest catch ever. The fishing was great in about six hours they had caught enough to the feed the whole tribe. It really wasn't that large of group, at tops a hundred people. The boys young and foolhardy hadn't noticed the sharpedo swimming in the distance and continued their fish. Enakai's brother, Akau sliced his finger on fishing wire and washed it off in the ocean, despite what he was told. The shark's senses told it to get the blood, so it did, and toppled the boat. Using all his strength he managed to climb on to the top of the boat. Looking around he saw his brother drifting away. In any outing to the sea you were taught to keep hold of your paddle. Slowly he paddled as close to his brother as he could without being pulled in the strong currents and reached out for him. Their fingertips touched and the shark dragged Akau underwater.

Enakai's instincts told him to try to help his brother whilst at the same time yell for help, but his pride told him to remain quiet, for he dare not break the vigil. Tears streamed down his face as he watched his brother mercilessly torn to pieces. Hours later he returned to the small village with only a meager amount of fish. The test of manhood was still passed, but he went hungry that night

Enakai's instincts told him to jump in after the boy, they told him to save him. Tossing his stuff down he bolted out to the edge of the beach and jumped in the water. When he got close enough he grabbed the boy's arm and pulled away from incoming sharpedo. As he neared the shore he muttered, "It's okay, Akau. I got you." Tired from the swim he collapsed/ The only thing that brought him back to his feet was that he had to be at the summit area. Without any time to waste he ripped the umbrella from the sand and scooped up the towel. Walking to the streets he tossed his things in the back of an old jeep and then hopped in. He placed the keys in the ignition and the car made a low rumbling noise.

The drive to the area wasn't that of a long one, half an hour at most, but checking the time he would still be late by at least ten minutes. Tears fell from his eyes, and in a feeble attempt to keep them back he nearly crashed into a tree, Taking a deep breath after it, he continued towards the site. As he pulled up he saw a flurry of men setting things up here and there, and of course Mr. Bartold impatiently waiting for him. The moment he pulled to a stop Mr. Bartold's nagging began.

"Mr. Faron! You are late as usual! I swear to you, this is the last mistake you shall ever make under the name of Silph. You are officially fired!" Mr. Bartold had a stern look on his face.

"But come on! I saved a little boy's life! He was going to die!" Enakai protested.

"There were others who could have saved him. Don't bother you have been terminated."

At that moment Adelaide Robinson walked by, "Mr. Bartold, you are not in charge of terminating employees. So I suggest you return to directing your subordinates to set-up." With that she walked off.

Mr. Bartold was fuming, "Oh aren't you lucky! If she only knew half of the things I was firing you for." His thin lips were curved into a wicked frown. "Make sure that crates of weapons are accounted for and then bring them to Sid over there."

"Sir, I think that there are better ways to resolve this! We don't have to resort to violence." Enakai tried his plea once more, but again in vain. Even if he had convinced the man that stood before him that violence was the wrong way to go, there is no way he could change the belief of every single person in the company.

"Let me tell you something. Without war, their cannot be peace. In order to win you must be willing to do what others are not. Let me ask you, are you ready to do what those neanderthals are not? If you aren't then I am afraid you chosen to pursue the wrong path joining Silph CO.

"I am sir. I shall go attend to my duties right away." Enakai's eyes stayed glued to the ground as he walked over the camp. He raised them only when he heard the familiar cry of Exodus. "Ah, you startled me" he said. "Would you mind helping me out?"

"Metang!" The Pokemon moved up and down to show that it meant yes.

"Okay, lets get those crates moved over here okay?"

Enakai walked over to the metal box and picked it up, it was little heavy, but he could handle it. Placing it its designated spot he walked back over to see that there was none left. Exodus had taken care of everything. "Well, well, aren't you the strong one" he teased. It was followed by a pat on the creatures head.

Exodus let out a demure titter as he began to zoom around in circles to show that he was excited. The creature then used psychic to lift its master onto it. Being the little energetic guy he is he flew around the camp. Enakai barely being able to stay on.The iron claw Pokemon stopped dead in its track when Mr. Bartold stood in its path.

"As usual, you are slacking off.." Mr.Bartold said crossly. "Did you even move the weapon crates?"

"Yes sir!"

Last edited:

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • For Alter! I hope it's not too long. I also didn't give too much away just in case. :3

Name: Julian Swift

Nationality: Hoenn

Faction: Freelancer

Appearance: Jullian stands about 5'6" in height, and is a little on the skinny side. When it comes to filling the stereotypical role of an attractive, young woman, some men may say she is lacking. Her breasts are not obnoxiously over sized, and there are almost no notable features of her body. People do however, notice her eyes, which are deep, dark blue in color. Eyes are the one feature which Jullian finds note worthy about herself. Many comment on how lovely they look. Most find them to be the prettiest and most 'unique' hue of eye color they had ever seen.

The profession' she currently has is an assassin working with a small group of thugs on the streets of Kanto- It would be foolish to see her in bright clothing. She has already been blessed at birth with a dark tone to her skin and long, black hair that does not stand out. Her usual clothing consists of sleek black sweatpants- she feels jeans are too restricting- and a black tank top, or a black long-sleeved shirt for those harsh Kanto nights. Sometimes on those colder nights, she will also be wearing a small black beanie. For obvious reasons though, she does not wear one too often.

Pokemon:

Houndoom:

Julian's first obtained Pokemon. After the death of her parents in a horrid car crash, a messenger Starly came to Julian's hometown one day, bearing a letter. It was from her childhood friend, who had recently moved to Viridian city. He knew about the incident and that Julian was quickly running out of money, destined to be homeless. He offered her an assassin and thievery job in Viridian, as part of the organization which he had joined when he first moved there. At first, she didn't want to except, but bills were piling up and the money she owned was decreasing rapidly, so she eventually accepted.

Before her perilous journey to Kanto, she went to an underground shop one night and illegally purchased a mangy looking scrap of a Pokemon, who was being sold by a homeless guy whose pet just recently had pups. Only a helpless looking Houndour at the time, it was the only Pokemon she could afford and have just enough money for them to travel to Kanto. So together they traveled, and on the way they trained. Occasionally Julian would receive more messages from carrier Pokemon, informing her of what to do to get ready for the job ahead, and where to go when she finally got to Viridian.

Murkrow-
    Jullian's second obtained Pokemon. Murkrow was persuaded to join Jullian's group after being brought down by Houndour. She'd convinced the defenseless Pokemon of a great apportunity that awaited them in nearby Kanto, and had made Houndoom communicate for them of what awaited for them in the city of Viridian and how prosporous and free their lives would all become. Murkrow wasn't fully convinced at the time, but intimidation by the newly evolved Houndoom and it's persuasion was just enough for it to agree to tag along. It didn't take long for Murkrow to bond with the too and begin to trust them. It soon agreed that the life they shared was indeed very... appealing.

Intro:

Mr. Yamada shuddered and pulled his trench coat closer to his body as a violent gust of ice cold wind blown through the back alleys of Viridian city. Random papers on the ground scattered, and the small fires of the homeless wavered dangerously, threatening to go out.

People watched with curious eyes as Mr. Yamada walked briskly down the street, holding his arms close to his chest. When he turned the next corner he walked a bit more, then stopped.

"Finally, nobody here.." He breathed an exasperated sigh of relief and opened up his trench coat a little. He reached inside it and pulled out what looked to be a fine bottle of red wine. He shook it around a bit, watching the red juice slosh around the glass sides of the bottle. Sighing once more, he carefully placed the bottle back inside his trench coat and continued walking, this time at a slower pace. The only sounds were his footsteps and him whistling softly to himself.

Thck

Mr. Yamada stopped whistling. His head turned sharply behind him towards the sound, even though that night was so dark he could barely see the back of his hand. He waited in that position for a minute or so, not daring to move. Nothing.

He let out a small sigh and continued onward at a brisker pace, whistling nervously.

Thck pd pd

Immediately he stopped again and turned toward the sounds. His whole body was quivering from fear, hands clutching protectively at the glass bottle held inside him. He waited a few moments more, not daring to move, not daring to breathe. At first there was silence. Then, all at once, the whole alley seemed to have exploded with sound.

Thck Thck tap tap tap
    Pd pd pd pd pd pd pd

Mr. Yamada turned tail and ran as fast as he could, his breath coming through his mouth in short gasps. He rounded a corner and skidded to a halt. In front of him red, glowing eyes were suspended in the air about a foot from the ground. He found he couldn't move, and the glass bottle began to slip from his grasp. Almost instantly, the eyes disapeared, and Mr. Yamada felt the bottle leave his hands as a pair of large bird talons took hold of the bottle and, quickly but gentle so as not to crush the glass, pulled it from his hands and set it on the ground a few meters from where Mr. Yamada stood, terrified.

"Sorry Tekeya Yamada, but you're days of thievery are.. over."

As soon as the final word was spoken, the knife came down. Before he could even utter a cry of surprise, Mr. Yamada felt a sharp pain as his throat was slashed open. He fell to the ground and writhed in pain, blubbering something incoherent as blood poured out from his mouth and neck and onto the ground, staining it a dark crimson. His body gave one final jerk, then he lay still. The moon was out now, making the red liquid in the glass shine and glitter off the bottle. Julian quietly bent over and picked up the glass bottle. Reaching in her pocket, she pulled out a small can of liquid. She unscrewed the cap to the can and started spreading the liquid out on the now dead body of Mr. Yamada. She put the cap back on the can and put the can back in her pocket after most of the area on his body was covered with the liquid. Taking out a match next, she looked at her Murkrow. "Time to go." She whispered. Murkrow looked at her intently, and then proceeded to flutter up on her shoulder. Julian gave one last look at the body before lighting the match and turning around to walk away. She lit the match, threw it behind her at the body, and began praying silently to herself.

"Ah, you're back I see." rumbled a deep voice.

Julian stepped through the doorway into a small, dark room. At one end stood a desk with a computer chair pulled up to it, where the owner of the deep voice sat. She walked in front of the desk. Her face showed no emotion, but her moves were cautious as she carefully placed the bottle of wine on his desk.

The room was too dark to see the man's face, but his voice sounded pleased as he picked up the red bottle and sloshed around it's contents a bit. "And you even brought me a present.." Julian said nothing. She stared ahead, expressionless, waiting for the leader to give her her next mission. The man stopped abruptly and placed the bottle down. He opened up a drawer in his desk and took out a newspaper and manila folder. "Ever heard of this?" he rumbled, sliding the newspaper and folder out in front of him for Julian to look at.

She squinted in the dim light. "A convention at Fortree? Between the two biggest factions in the world?" Her eyes widened. She fought to keep her expression neutral, forgetting that her face was well hidden by the darkness.

"Hm.. yes." The leader sat back in his chair, tapping his fingers lightly on the edge of his desk. "You're next mission is to go there. Go there and kill the two heads of the factions, by any means possible. It may even be easy enough to just stage the deaths to make the two factions blame each other. Both of them are going fully armed with high tensions; it shouldn't be too difficult to get either one going." He leaned forward and took the newspaper from Julian. He then handed her the manila envelope. "Your directions to the convention are here. So are the possible procedures you may take in order to get this operation started." He leaned back again. "Now go. And don't make me disappointed."

Nothing else was said. Julian nodded her head once, then headed out.

Julian walked silently through the forest of Viridian, trying to hold back her rising frustration. Her fingers pressed against her forehead as she shut her eyes tight. "I don't think I can take much more of this." She confessed to Houndoom, who was walking beside her.

"Krow..." She turned her head to her Murkrow, who sat upon her shoulder. It's expression was that of understanding.

"Arck!" Her Houndoom chimed in; a determined look on his face. Sympathetically, he lightly nudged Julian's side. His eyes glittered with a fiery sense of hope.

Julian sniffed a little. "You're right guys, we can't give up. This is our job now, our life. This is how we survive! We'd be out on the streets without this job! We have to continue living..." She looked down at her feet, a troubled look on her features.

"Arr arf!" Houdoom jumped beside her.

Julian looked at Houndoom, then up at the sky in the spaces between the trees. "One day.. we'll have our own lives to live. However we want to live them. We'll overcome society and the government. One day..." She gazed up at the stars as the trio headed forward on their journey to Hoenn.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @Cirrus: Your workbot needs a manual adjustment I think. It's still not working. u_u

And yes, token expiry is of the devil. Do keep at it, though; you'll break through eventually.

@TowerWinder: A genuine civilian for the mix? And one with political ambitions to boot, I do approve. The intro is well written, and the Utopianist recruitment lady was a nice touch too. Yep, this is definitely ~Accepted~.

@Meneur d'enfer: Yesyesyes finally a technocrat! Ahem, yes, profile. The concept of an islander gone techoncrat is...interesting, definitely, and quality- or detail-wise I see no problem with this profile except for one setting bit.

Yes, they are coming in armed, but the summit is formally a peace congress. Smuggling in firearms, sure, but setting up barricades? Yeah, the government folks would have their heads on a platter for that one. XD

Edit that, please. It's a subtle, pretending-it's-not-there kind of conflict-to-be. ;D

Once that has been fixed, you're in, but until then this sign-up is ~Pending~.

@Neko64: Okayso...

...we've already talked through the overarching character concept here, so you know I'm quite fine with that bit. However, there are really two details I'm concerned about.

First off, purple eyes? I know we all want our quirky appearance traits, but that sort of thing...can't be entirely healthy, and I can't say I really see a reason for why she has that color. Could we possibly have something a bit more ordinary on that front?

And second, small thing, but...for an assassin organization, that is a very vague kind of order to give. Maybe order a specific killing or something instead? Kind of a trifle, I know, but I thought I'd bring it up.

~Pending~ for now, but not a lot to go.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I hope this character works in some fashion or another. Took a while to finalize the concept, but due to my flexible nature I am more than willing to change anything that needs to be changed in order to get a spot.

Name: Ivan Rendell

Nationality: Born in Kanto, but currently resides in Lilycove City, Hoenn

Faction: Utopianist

Appearance: Ivan has a standard appearance typical to that of men of his era and region, meaning he doesn't stand out in crowds, a trait he rather enjoys. He stands at about 5"9 with a thin yet capable body weighing in at about 180 pounds. From head to toe, his features make him appear like any other male with few remarkable or special features. At first glance, his most notable features are his long legs and arms each with their own level of muscle tone, suggesting that he is more than skin and bones but also giving his body odd proportions. His skin, while naturally white as a sheet, has a light tan making look actually healthy instead of ghastly.

Looking at his head and face, Ivan carries a young bright expression on his face, however his face remains hidden to the world due to his long, shaggy hair that covers his ears and neck and manages to protect his eyes with its long bangs. His hair has an odd coloring to it, with blonde strands covering a brown base, almost suggesting he hasn't spent his entire life in the tropical world of Hoenn. Ivan's eyes are an emerald green with a certain shine that reveals an innocent soul underneath them. His face is fairly youthful and clean, with no blemishes and appears to very smooth. He sports a single piercing, a sliver loop on his left ear lobe. This was a spur of the moment activity and Ivan often forgets it is there.

Ivan's clothes are fairly unoriginal and do anything but make him stand out. Due to Hoenn's tropical climate, Ivan's clothes have adapted in order to keep him from suffering from heat stroke or public embarrassment. To cover his tanned chest, Ivan wears a deep blue T-shirt with abstract white designs to add some character to an otherwise plain shirt. There appears to be no real style or purpose of the designs and are little more than random lines and words to designate the brand of T-shirt. Ivan's lower body is protected by the same brand of unoriginal glory as a pair of grey khaki shorts have been picked to dress that particular region. The shorts are long enough to reach down to his knees and contain an unusually high level of pockets to hold random objects such as children's playing cards.

Ivan holds himself in low regard, preferring to keep low and out of sight with his eyes centered to the ground he walks on, paying no attention to the world in front of him. He tends to walk casually and calmly, making sure to not seem hostile or aggressive, as he believes being passive is the best first impression. He always has a solemn expression on his face and speaks calmly in most situations unless emotionally stirred which rarely occurs except in the most intense scenarios. Ivan has a single additional accessory in the form of a pair of sunglass built in the sports style with ebony black lenses. He learned to wear them constantly due to the experience of fighting Hoenn's sun.

Pokemon:
    Umbreon- Female. Nicknamed Umbry. Ivan's first and most trusted Pokemon.
    Taillow- Male. Nicknamed Bluebird. Ivan's second Pokemon obtained through taming some birds that docked outside his house.

Introduction:

"Hey Ivan! Once you're done with stocking those shelves, get over here. I gotta talk to ya 'bout something pretty important," a voice called. Ivan sighed knowing exactly who it was and what the poor soul wanted. It was his ever loving manager, and by loving, it was the type of love that scolded his every movement. Ivan reached into his cart and finished the final placement of the various products he was on duty to restock.

Ivan made his living working at the supermarket, since it was of the few jobs he could actually find that didn't involve farming which was a trade he wasn't experienced with having done minimal farm-work during his tour of Hoenn. The job itself composed of simple labor: Stocking shelves, receiving shipments from any suppliers, selling goods, and numerous duties that will not magically do themselves. Ivan personally did not mind the job as the money was good and was enough to make ends meet. Picking himself off the ground, Ivan pushed the empty cart to its resting place and slid across the floor to the meeting room where his manager and one other associate were chatting with each other. "Took ya long enough, Ivan! Billy get out of here and man the register. I don't expect that the people will graciously drop the right amount of money on the floor and leave." Billy nodded and darted out of the room, slamming the door on his way out. Ivan remained standing as his manager sat down on the table, and motioned Ivan to take a seat himself. The manager was middle-aged at best, though his appearance made him appear far older, due to his graying hairs and fine design of facial hair.

"What is it that you want, sir?" Ivan said in a quiet, slightly nervous tone.

"Relax, boy. I ain't gonna be yelling at you today. I just have a little job for ya," he stated reassuringly. Immediately Ivan calmed down, but his physical status didn't drastically change as a result of the circumstances. He remained solemn and quiet, refusing to make direct eye contact.

"Job, sir?" he replied, trying to use as few words as possible.

"Not much of a talker are ya, boy?" his manager laughed. It was the first time, Ivan ever saw the old man smile. He slowly looked up and removed the hair from his right in an attempt to look the man in the face. "Alright, here is the deal. I have a friend in Fortree City and it be his birthday tomorrow and I want you to deliver this package to him for me. I know its not official business, but as you know we got lots of supplies coming tomorrow and I have to be watching the store. I also know that you have the best knowledge of how to get around these parts with you being a traveler and all. Plus you got those Pokemon. Most of these 'associates' of yours never bothered to befriend any Pokemon despite being fellow Utopianists, like ourselves."

"That's.....true....I guess," Ivan muttered. He took a slight pause before mumbling the next part of his question. "When should I, well you know, leave tomorrow?"

"Good question me boy! I want ya to take the package now and leave bright and early tomorrow. I want him to get the package early especially because of the business that is gonna be hitting the city." Ivan was a bit confused but simply nodded and cautiously grasped the package from the table. "You can take the rest of the day off. I recommend ya get some sleep so you can actually wake up tomorrow," the manager chuckled as he allowed Ivan to return home. Ivan scurried out of the room as his suddenly loving boss motioned the "shoo" command.

Ivan shifted through the aisles and exited the supermarket with a high level of stealth, and before he knew it he had left the building only to be blinded by the afternoon sun. Thats a bit bright for me, Ivan thought to himself. He released a deep sigh and continued on, knowing he had a long hike from the market to his apartment building on the outskirts of town.

Upon reaching the building, Ivan forced himself to climb the large amount of steps (this is what happens you live on the 10th floor and refuse to use elevators due to your beliefs). "Why bother even putting a elevator in the complex? Its like teasing half the people who live here?" he groaned under his breath. After combating his inner demons that love to complain, Ivan arrived at his door, shuffled his eyes around and managed with little effort to actually enter his small but functional apartment, complete with a kitchen and two bedrooms. After placing the package destined for delievery on the following day, a small black creature crawled its way over to Ivan. "Hey Umbry. I missed you, girl," he stated as he knelt down to pet his loyal companion.

"She missed alright. Ever since I walked in, all she has been doing is staring at the girl." Ivan jumped out of fear since he didn't expect a disembodied voice to be in his room. "I see you are still a bit jumpy. You need grow out of that." After recollecting his wits, Ivan scanned the room to see a single figure sitting on his couch. It was a young man, only a few years older than Ivan himself. His hair was fiery red and he frequently claimed it was natural. His skin had a fair color despite his outside activity. The man had a strong wide build and stood at an impressive 6"2 making him a frightening individual to say the least. However, he had a kind-hearted face which made him all the more confusing.

"Adam. What are you doing here? I thought you were still at Mossdeep." Adam is Ivan's "roommate". Adam has made a name for himself as a freelancer, willing to pratically any job as long as it pays. Adam discovered Ivan when Ivan was struggling outside Lilycove, after Ivan suffering after a terrible lay off from his former. Offering a roof over his head and some food, Adam took Ivan in. Since then, the two lived together with Adam more or less doing jobs 75% of the time leaving Ivan to have the place all to himself.

"Eh, the job in Mossdeep was canceled considering my employer ditched me for some summit thing."

"Summit thing?" Ivan questioned almost immediately.

"Yeah, something is going in Fortree City tomorrow. A big political gathering. Its over our heads since I just don't give half a crap and you seem just as apathetic as myself."

"Well....actually....I am going to Fortree City tomorrow," Ivan mumbled with to any regular ear would sound inaudible.

"And why is that? You becoming political or something?" Adam laughed.

Ivan forced a chuckle before replying: "No..its nothing like that. I am just running an errand for the boss."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back