• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Newsletter Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

ROM Hacking Newsletter Team

Introduction

Yeah, me and Vrai are reviving the RHN as a newsletter once again. This time, though, everything's going to have to be perfect; we're only taking a couple of the best for each position. A few reviewers, a couple reporters and an interviewer; there's only so many slots to fill up. But you guys all know what the RHN is, so let's get on with the show.

Guest Articles

Someone we feel would be nice to include, is someone who isn't on the team can write an article for us. Tips and tricks, Reviews and Reports are the only guest contributions we take. Interviews are only done by the given team. Well, if you have done one PM it to all off the current RHN owners and we will decide on whether it is good enough or not.

Open Positions

Reporters – One position.
    Interviewers – One position.
    Tips and Tricks Informer – Hmm.. We might allow a really good person another spot. We don't know atm.
    Note: Team members beside the owners, can only hold down one position. Unless you have proved to us to be incredibly reliable. It's only so we know you guys aren't overburdened, okay? ;D

Application Form

Code:
      [B]Name:[/B]
      [B]IM Address:[/B]
      [B]Wanted Position:[/B]
      [B]Proof Of Work:[/B]

Current Team

Alice. - Everything
    Vrai – Everything
    Pokepal17 – Tips and Tricks
    Abnegation – CSS Guy and Reviewer
    Thrace - Reporter and Tips and Tricks
    Surf - Reviewer
    Thethethethe - Reviewer
    colcolstyles - Editor
    Chibi Robo - Graphics Guy

Contact Info

Alice. - [email protected]
    Vrai - [email protected]
    Pokepal17 - [email protected]
    Abnegation - [email protected]
    Thrace -
    Needs confirmation on being here.
    Surf - Needs confirmation on being here.
    Thethethethe - Needs confirmation on being here.
    colcolstyles - [email protected]
    Chibi Robo - Needs confirmation on being here.

Conclusion

Well, we hope you join and enjoy the forthcoming ROM Hacking Newsletter.

Last edited:

Logan

Years

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years

Because we have Gavin.
    Have you seen the template I sent Vrai?
    That's really not fair when you consider this:
    "No we don't need another accountant, even if you're much better than the one we have now, even though he's not as good."

I'm in no way saying I make better CSS, but a chance to show you what I can do would be fair.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Pokemon Colossal Version is a releteively new hack to the scene and seems quite interesting, The story seems well thought out and original. The tiles are very good and so the OWs, most of the time - a good hacker would walk away from a fakemon hack, but this says otherwise! The fakemon in theis hack are original and very good standard with an amasingly low amount of flaws!The only minor downfall of this hack is that it seems all the hard work is being put into the tiles! I will review further when a beta is released but until then I will rate this hack, at a 8.5 (Very Good)

Here - I just made a review for Pokemon Colossall
    Please tell me that it means I am in :)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Does it have a screenshot gallery? I bet not.
    But, still, that was a terrible excuse.

It?
    Fine. Show us what you can do and we'll see.
    If it really means that much to you lets see your templates and prove why you would deserve the position more.
    Don't be arrogant. Such a thing as manners go a long way.
    I'll leave it down to Alic. & Vrai to decide who they want to make the thread.
    O don't see what difference it makes but I'm perfectly capable.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Does it have a screenshot gallery? I bet not.
    But, still, that was a terrible excuse.

As far as I'm concerned, no place at the moment is really set in stone. CSS editor isn't a spot that only Gavin can have; he (and any other position, I guess) can have competition. So, you can go ahead and make a template and all that, and we'll compare it with Gavin's and we'll see what comes out, okay? Let's just try to.. keep the tone down here a bit. Okay?

Pokemon Colossal Version is a releteively new hack to the scene and seems quite interesting, The story seems well thought out and original. The tiles are very good and so the OWs, most of the time - a good hacker would walk away from a fakemon hack, but this says otherwise! The fakemon in theis hack are original and very good standard with an amasingly low amount of flaws!The only minor downfall of this hack is that it seems all the hard work is being put into the tiles! I will review further when a beta is released but until then I will rate this hack, at a 8.5 (Very Good)

Here - I just made a review for Pokemon Colossall
    Please tell me that it means I am in :)

You're going to need to fix up your grammar and spelling. Also, you didn't really go into any detail with the review at all; to me, it just seems like an abundance of generic comments put into one big paragraph. Perhaps talking about specific things you liked/disliked about the hack (I mean, not "I liked the tiles!" but "The tree tiles were some of the best I've ever seen, but the grass tiles weren't so good.")

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Name: Michael
    IM Address: [email protected]
    Wanted Position: Interviewer
    Proof Of Work: Well, at the moment, no. But I could fake-interview one of you to show you proof.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Pokemon Colossal Version is a reletively new hack to the scene and seems quite interesting, The story seems well thought out and original, and The tiles are also very goods, most of the time - a good hacker would walk away from a fakemon hack, but this says otherwise! The fakemon in this hack are original and very good standard with an amasingly low amount of flaws!The only minor downfall of this hack is that it seems all the hard work is being put into the tiles, It seems that almost all of them are replaced - which isnt a bad thing but may mean that other things arent having as much effort put into them!Also, it all seems a bit too Heart Gold/Soul Silverish, yet the Soul OW is pathetic compared to the standard of the actual HG/SS games! I will review further when a beta is released but until then I will rate this hack, at a 8.5 (Very Good)

Is this any better?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Name: Michael
    IM Address: [email protected]
    Wanted Position: Interviewer
    Proof Of Work: Well, at the moment, no. But I could fake-interview one of you to show you proof.

You can go ahead and interview me. I'll show Alice. the logs afterward, though, so no bad jokes, okay? :D

Logan

Years
    Pokemon Colossal Version is a reletively new hack to the scene and seems quite interesting, The story seems well thought out and original, and The tiles are also very goods, most of the time - a good hacker would walk away from a fakemon hack, but this says otherwise! The fakemon in this hack are original and very good standard with an amasingly low amount of flaws!The only minor downfall of this hack is that it seems all the hard work is being put into the tiles, It seems that almost all of them are replaced - which isnt a bad thing but may mean that other things arent having as much effort put into them!Also, it all seems a bit too Heart Gold/Soul Silverish, yet the Soul OW is pathetic compared to the standard of the actual HG/SS games! I will review further when a beta is released but until then I will rate this hack, at a 8.5 (Very Good)

Is this any better?

Hmm.. It's a nice effort and I can tell you're determined to get in, but sorry dude. It's not quite what we're looking for, both grammar and quality wise. Here is a tip for you though, look about improving yourself. Take a while though dude, then when you think you're good enough keep sending in guest reviews. And if you have enough accepted we'll probably ask you to join the team. So yeah, think about it. ^_^

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    oh, Okay No hard Feelings. I really liked the old News Letter so I Would Still Like to Help, I can do Tips and Tricks
    Here is one quick tip of my mind:
    When Making at map First make sure everything is Just grass In sted of just editing one house and replacing in with a road, doing this will prevent your map looking like the map you edited.
    Also, When you think you are done with the map go to grid view and make sure to of the same blocks are not touching if they are replace them with flowers this will fix the empty space problems I see most maps having

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I'm glad to see this is returning. ^_^

I think I might apply for a reviewer, but I don't have a review written right now. I'll start working on one though. If not, I'd love to write a guest article once or twice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back