• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon: DATS Reunited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
  • "The target has been spotted just outside the suburbs of the city, near the slopes. Locals say that freak icestorms have been frequently happening there too."

A cold wind cut across the street chilling both Chris and the other man on the street bench. Chris crossed his arms to shield himself from the wind, Felix, who was standing beside them, did the same.

"You know this is a pretty big chance, right?" The man asked, looking straight ahead.

"Wow. You sound like my mother."

"You're lucky not many people are out. You could never pull this off in a big city like NYC or D.C.." The man said, taking a quick glance at the Gabumon. "See, it's things like this that make us hesitant to let you in."

Chris leaned back into the chair, putting his hands into his pocket. "Christ. What do I have to do? I mean, I've already defeated a Digimon for you!"

"With luck and help from another agent."

"Who recommended me! Not to mention all the things I've already done for you!"

"Yeah!" Felix added, turning to both of them. "Just let us in!"

The man sighed before responding, reaching into his pocket and pulling out two tickets. "Look. if you can find this rouge Digimon and bring it back, then we will send you to HQ and train you as a DATS agent. If you fail, we'll send you back home."

"No pressure then." Chris sighed, slouching even further. "Great."

The three fell silent for a moment as another cold wind cut through the streets. The sound of traffic filled the air before Felix cut it off. "Why don't you guys make any sense?" He asked the man. "I mean, Digimon like me with human partners must be pretty scarce. Why don't you just let us in?"

"You know, you should really be on a leash. Maybe you could blend in as some sort of dog." The man growled, placing the tickets back into his pocket before getting up. He reaching into another pocket, pulling out a car key and throwing it to Chris. "Just think of this as a test to see if you have the requirements. The car is in Lot-C. Meet me back at Terminal-B at the airport when you're done. Give me a call if anything goes wrong."

As the man walked down the street, Chris and Felix could do nothing but stare at him.

"I think that was a pretty demeaning comment. Is he allowed to do that?" Felix questioned as Chris stood up.

"Get over yourself." He said, walking down the street.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

"This the place?" Felix asked, stepping out of the car. The wind and snow began to pick up and was now falling constantly.

"I think so." Chris responded, zipping up his jacket and putting on his goggles to shield his eyes from the snow. They were parked in the parking lot to a ski-lodge. Despite the abundant amount of snow, not many people seemed to be on the slopes. Fighting through the falling snow, Chris and Felix made their way to the base of the mountain. However, as they got closer and closer to the sloped

"So... Where do you think this thing is?" Chris asked, bringing up his sleeve to un-fog his goggles then crossing his arms to shield himself from the wind.. "'Cause it's freezing out here. And I want to get out of this storm."

"Hey, at least you got a coat" Felix muttered, shielding his eyes with his paws.
    "Don't you?"

Suddenly, a voice rang out from the forest around them. "Frozen Wind!" Chris turned to the source of the noise, only to see a white ball of what looked like ice flying straight at him. Quickly, Felix stepped in front of him.

"Blue Blaster!" He yelled, shooting a blue beam at the ice ball. The projectile exploded in a flurry of snow and ice.

Chris and Felix turned and stood back to back, frantically looking around for whatever was attacking them. All of a sudden, the snow in front of Chris began to clear up. As it died down, Chris could make out a pale-white lizard creature. However, the creature's skin seemed to be made out of snow.

"Frozen Wind!" It again yelled, firing another blast at the two. Felix stepped in front of Chris for a second time, firing another "Blue Blaster" attack at the attack.

"That's a SnowAgumon." Felix growled, as the creature again disappeared into the snowstorm. "Their white bodies make it easier to hide."

"Wow. Really? I hadn't noticed." Chris muttered sarcastically as the two madly looked for the creature.

"Hey! I'm just trying to be helpful!"

It couldn't continue like this. Eventually, one of them would get hit, and it would be trouble for the other. Not only that, but they were beginning to get worried and argue. They needed to end this.

"You're right, Felix." Chris whispered, barely audible over the howl of the wind. "Just concentrate; calm down and watch." Both Felix and Chris fell silent as the storm around them wailed on, cautiously looking for any sign of the creature. Suddenly something caught the corner of Chris' eye.

"Felix!" He yelled, pointing to where he just saw the creature.

Felix turned as fast as he could, facing where Chris was pointing. "Blue Blaster!"

The blast cut through the storm, sending the falling snow fleeing from its path. It struck true, hitting the SnowAgumon in the side of the head and sending it spiraling backwards. The storm began to dissipate as the Digimon was enveloped in a bright light. After a moment, a white egg lay where the Digimon once was, and the snowstorm had completely disappeared.

Chris slowly walked over to the egg, picking it up. "Good Job, Felix." He said, tucking the egg under his arm and taking off his goggles. "Now… They better let us in."

"Hey, As long as I get a seat on the plane, I'm good."

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Loman sat in the living room, chewing away at a pizza along with Tentomon. The TV wa on and Loman was occasionally laughing at some parts, however Tentomon consantly looked confused,
    "I really don't find any of these jokes to be any good... or make any sense..." he said dully,
    "I suppose," Loman replied, "but lighten up a little at least! Relax, we went and did our job. And in the process we found another guy who can do half of the work for us!"
    "... If you want to look at it that way..."
    "Good, because I do." Loman engulfed his half-pizza slice just as his mobile began to ring, "I swear to god, if it's-" he looked at the screen and didn't need to finish his sentence, "dammit!" He held the phone to his ear, "Yep?"
    "Loman, listen carefully," a male voice spoke, "as a result of your surprising progress and ability to compklete tasks, you along with a few others have been requested to come to our HQ. I can't give specific details right now, but expect something through the post. Any questions?"
    "Yea. What the HELL?"
    The man sighed, "Just be on the plane on the 15th." Wait, that was tommorow! The man hung up.

Loman tossed his phone to the side and continued eating. Tentomon stopped and stared at him,
    "..what is it?" Loman asked,
    "Y'know most people would let me know who just called..."
    "Oh, yeh. Umm, it was DATS. Apparently we're getting a plane to their HQ tomorrow, so after this show's finished we'll get ready."
    Tentomon blinked in surprise, "Oh my. Kinda short notice huh? I advise that you prepare right now and make sure you have everything."
    "And I advise that you eat that pizza before I steal it all..." Loman replied, staring at the TV.

Tentomon was about to answer before something came through the door. The Digimon went over to inspect and found two letters with "DATS" stamped on the front of them. He picked them up and brought them over to Loman,
    "These are for you."
    "How do you know?" Loamn asked as he took the letters form him,
    "Well there are only two of us here, and I doubt someone has mailed a letter to a Digimon."
    "... you make me sound like such an idiot." Loman mumbled,
    "You don't really help yourself Loman..." Tentomon casually replied.
    Loman opened the first letter - whaich turned out to contain a ticket for one flight to Montana - wherever that was. The next letter contained a small card. Upon further inspection, it turned out to be Loman's DATS ID. He finished his pizza and stood up.

"So are we going to prepare?" Tentomon asked,
    "...Not yet, I want some Pepsi." Tentomon performed his own version of a facepalm.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Five weeks, thought Zeph. He was standing under a tree a few yards away form where the Digimon had attacked. It's been five weeks and the forest still hasn't grown back completely. The damage caused by the Digimon five weeks ago was more extensive then Zeph had originally thought. Plus the fact that his Father's firefighters had been a bit late, because neither Zeph nor Dox has been specific in the fire's exact location. Zeph still couldn't help but think of the destruction as his fault. Dox felt the same way, but not as strongly as Zeph. He was the one who was suppose to keep this place safe from Digimon. If he couldn't do that, what was the point? D walked up from behind Zeph, and placed a reassuring claw on his hip.

"I'd pat your shoulder, but I seem to be a bit on the small side," D said, making an attempting at a joke.

It did make Zeph laugh a little bit, though not much, and not for very long. D smiled and sat down in the grass, looking over the scar that was once a forest. Zeph continued to stand, staring blankly over the destruction. D looked up at Zeph, looked back at the destruction, looked back at Zeph one more time, looked down again and frowned. I wish he would cheer up, D thought. He's starting to get me depressed. Suddenly Zeph's phone started ringing. He didn't seem to notice, so D got up, reached into Zeph's pocket, pulled out the phone, walked a few feet away, flipped it open and said,

"Hello?"

"Hello?!" said some girl on the other end. She sounded sort of confused.

"Who's this?" D asked. "You sound sort of familiar."

"Well you don't sound the least bit familiar!" she said. Well more yelled then said. "This is a privet number, so unless you can tell who you are, I'll call the cops!"

D put the phone in between his head and shoulder, which was a little hard since his head was much bigger then his shoulder, put the bottom of his fist in his up raised palm and said, "Wait. I know who you are! Your Zeph's girlfriend. The one that's always yelling." Their was a short pause. Then;

"I AM NOT ALWAYS YELLING!" she yelled.

D had to pull the phone away from his ear in order to not be deafened. She screamed like that for a good five minutes before she calmed down. How does she keep her job with that kind of temper, D thought. When he put the phone back to his ear, he could hear heavy breathing on the other end.

When it stopped, she said, "Anyway, I assume you are Zeph's Digimon. D, right? I need to speak with Zeph right now. Please put him on."
    D walked over to Zeph, tugged on his sleeve, and said "Your girlfriend's on the line."
    He perked up at that. Zeph snatched the phone form D and said rather cheerfully, "Yuki?! Oh, I'm so glad to hear your voice. I've had sort of a rough day."

"Don't tell me you were staring at the forest again. You know you can't do that. Your overly sensitive," she said.

"I am not," Zeph said, blushing. "Anyway, what did you call for, you know you aren't supposed make personal calls."

He heard a cute giggle on the other end, then, "I know. I called to tell you that you should be receiving a letter along with a first class plane ticket to Montana for a…holiday of sorts. And of coarse a chance to see your girlfriend."

Zeph paused for a moment, then said, "Wow! Really? I've always wanted to see Montana."

Zeph heard what sounded like stuff falling, then, "What about me!?"

"I was just joking. Of coarse you're the main thing," said Zeph. "Truthfully, I'm not really a big fan of Montana. Why their?"

"You'll find out when you get here," she said. "See ya!"

"Hey! Wait…She hung up," said Zeph. He looked down at D. "Well, looks like were going to Montana, good buddy." D smiled.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    Rufus stood outside of the airport, ahead of him was a snowy field that stretched all the way until a forest and eventually the mountains. A road spread down Rufus's flanks. The air was cold, crisp, and thin. In addition, the sky was blue and clear, with the morning sun barely hanging over the mountains. For an airport, it was practically deserted, pretty much the only people inside were the passengers of the plane Rufus just got off of, the staff, and several dozen or so passengers that were already boarding the next plane. About seven planes including the one Rufus just got off were scattered on the airfield, only two were currently in use. Rufus was wearing a black hoodie and jeans as the only protection from the nipping frost. His only protection from the icy pavement below was a pair of leather boots with thick soles and woolen innards. He was carrying a large sports bag in one hand, and a small backpack on his shoulder. Rufus looked around to make sure nobody else was around, and then unzipped a portion of the sports bag. Tsukaimon did not hesitate to poke his head into the light.

"Look, I'm sorry about breaking the promise so soon, I would have rented a car and we would have drove over here if I could, but having to go to into the middle of the mountains doesn't help much to be honest." Rufus apologized, "And besides, I bet it's warm in there, you get to sit on a hot water bottle all day long." He continued, Tsukaimon did not answer. Rufus believed he was sulking, but the fact that he never a sight like the mountain ranges of Montana had mesmerized him. Rufus sighed, and reached into his pocket, taking out a Nokia brand phone. The only name in the contact list was labeled "Darren Stones" with the D, A, T, and last S all capitalized; a precaution against first glances. The phone was in the envelope as well as the tickets, so Rufus assumed that when Cole told him to call him when he arrived, he meant with this phone in particular. Rufus pressed the call button and waited as the phone dialed the number and began to set up the connection.

"Feeling chilly? If so then you're in the right place." The answering voice said.

"Well, I could say that I took the wrong plane and landed in the Antarctic, but that's beside the point. What do I do next?" Rufus asked, as a plane roared over his head and landed on the runway in the airport behind him.

"Before we take you in, you need to make a little detour. Take the next bus to Trent Village near the Avalanche ski resort. The bus comes every half hour, so you won't need to wait too long. You should get off at the town's main square. You will need to go to the Ski Center in the main square, can't miss it; it's the one with the skier and snowboarder silhouettes on either side of the door. Call me again when you get there, since the drive takes a while, and watch your step, the snow is only just beginning to melt it's getting icy and slushy on the roads. Apart from that, enjoy yourself." Cole explained, and then hung up. Rufus sighed, ever since Rufus began working with, or working for, Cole, he was quite a hypocrite. One moment, he would be complaining about Rufus's fast-paced way of jumping into things. The next, he often jumped into the important things without letting Rufus get a chance to get a say in. Rufus put the phone back in his pocket and looked to the right. Almost right on schedule, a bus appeared within eyeshot and slowly moved closer towards the airport. Tsukaimon finally ducked his head in as the bus drew into the bus stop and opened its doors with a hiss of its pistons. Rufus climbed up the steps and scanned the interior. It had seven rows of four seats, two on each side. There was also a long pole running down the ceiling on which handles hung down like hanging nooks at regular intervals. At the front of the bus, there was a section cut away, with a window showing the bus driver; a middle-aged man with a moustache and graying hair, wearing a uniform and a scarf, a cup of coffee sat steaming in a holder. The driver took a sip from this cup prior to talking to Rufus.

"You come a lil' late ta be catchin' the skiin' season. Snow's meltin' up real soon now." He commented, with a very heavy American accent.

"Heh, I'm not here for the sport. I have a cousin who's holding a reunion on this strip of land he owns near the ski resort. I'm meeting him at the nearby village for some drinks before the rest of the family arrives." Rufus explained, fabricating the story almost on the spot.

"He ought ta be takin' ya to Ol' Ben's place. I'd say the ol' dog has the best whisky in the whole state. I might pop on ov'r there once my shift ends; a dollar is more than enough fer a round or two." He commented, putting some emphasis on the dollar. Rufus saw this as an indication on the bus fare, so he handed him two dollars through the opening in the glass.

"I'm not really into strong stuff to be honest, so here, take two and knock yourself out." Rufus said, then turned and walked towards the back.

"Thanks mate" the driver called from his tiny cell in the front. "Can't wait ta see the rest of yer family; ya seem like a cheery lot." Rufus stayed silent as he took a chair near the back He put the backpack between his legs and the sports bag on the seat next to him. Rufus then reached into the bag and slowly stroked the hiding Tsukaimon inside. The bus waited around the airport for a while longer, making sure there were no other passengers needing to get on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back