• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alter Ipse Amicus OOC

Fera

Arsenal for English Premere
Years
  • Here is the OOC Thread. Here you can coordinate actions with each other and just talk about the roleplay. Information is also stored here about characters.

Alter Ipse Amicus

Plot:

It was once said that the world was kept in tremendous harmony. It is believed that in the beginning of all things several pokemon were given the task of governing the earth. These pokemon protected the world from the greedy hearts of men. As the world aged, humanity matured. The more mature the human race became the less these pokemon needed to intertwine themselves with affairs of the earth. Over time the appearances of these pokemon became less and less common. Reality faded to myth, which became folklore, which turned into legend. These 'legendary' pokemon were not only given the power to correct human error, but they were to given the right judge the human character.

Most of the human race lived their lives without the knowledge of these creatures. However, some of civilization's greatest villains found proof of their existence and tried to use bend their powers for their own will. Each time their efforts were thwarted but not forgotten. First it was the struggle between Team Aqua and Team Magma that created a disturbance with the pokemon Groudon and Kyroge. Years following in the mountainous region of Sinnoh the ultimate transgression transpired. A man by the name of Cyrus tried to destroy the current world and create 'the perfect world'. In doing so he called upon the powers of both Dialga and Palkia. His plan, like the ones before him, failed. However, this attempt to create a new order revealed how impure and nefarious the heart's of humans were.

The legendaries, or so the humans have named them, have grown restless with man's polluted hearts. They, themselves, are not perfect. They have made the mistake of judging the human race for only a few of men's actions. They have grown weary of men's selfishness, greed, and evil spirits. They have determined to eventually destroy the human world. These once legends have evolved to folklore, which eventually became reality. Hundreds of reports of legendary sightings spread across all regions of the world. Only did a recent discovery give hope to the fearful world. There had been a prophecy made that predicted everything that had happened. It also told of a way to prevent the destruction of the human race.

This prophecy presaged that a very select group of humans would be born, they would be called the Al'ci. These humans would be born with two very important traits, one physical and one ingrained into their personality. The Al'ci would be brought to earth with the purest hearts of all humans. Although a human heart cannot be completely pure by itself, the Al'ci's sense of morality puts them above all humans. Also when they were born; they would be bestoed with a mark. This brand would be called their Fal'cia. This marking would connect them to one of the legendary creatures. However, this connection did not start completely open. Another part of the prophecy stated that they Al'ci would have to raise a party of creature capable of matching that judges power. Only with a mutual respect for one another would this connection become free flowing.

The completion of the Fal'cia would allow the Al'ci to stop the destructive powers of their partners. It was predicted that if the Al'ci were successful in their venture then they would spare the earth of obliteration. After sparing the earth its gruesome fate the Al'ci would resume keeping the earth in order with their legendary counterparts.

Members:

(User-Character-Legendary.)
    Pokemon

1) Fera - Katherine Vermaelan - Ho-oh
    Vulpix, Totodile

Spoiler:

2) Grey Fish - Cain Rojizo - Mewtwo
    Nidoran, Poliwag

Spoiler:

3) CyBeastSaber -
    Luna Fanelius - Lugia
    Eeve, Ralts

Spoiler:

4) Strikit - Fyora and Darin Roschel - Latios and Latias
    Snorunt, Growlithe

Spoiler:

5) Charzeon - Melinda Artemisan - Rayquaza
    Ekans, Munchlax

Spoiler:

6) EmoBill - Kristian Reid - Darkrai
    Shinx, Nincada

Spoiler:

7) Collie - Aki Tomoyi - Moltres
    Ekans, Ekans

Spoiler:

8) Feign - Patrick Umbrae - Giratina
    Riolu, Gastly

Spoiler:

9) ChrisTom - Thomas Fernto Mamoru - Mew
    Togepi, Abra

Spoiler:

Current Reservations:
    Unavailable

Pending:
    Blue Trainer
    Lord Selphy (If Blue Trainer Doesn't Respond.)

Last edited:

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
  • FIRST POST!!! (damn people be slooooow :P)

anyways, @strikit, I was wondering if you'd be able to sprite my character for me as well seeing how you already made some of them :nervous:,
    and yup, that's it, my post will be up as soon as I hear from you Fera :)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Not to be nitpicky (in fact I'd like to put in a sign up sheet still), but the Latin is incorrect. It is not a full sentence, as you are missing a verb.

It literally translates as:

The other itself the love

If you were saying "Love your other" you would say:

Alium tuum ama

Yeah I'm taking Latin XD :P

EDIT: lol just doing my reading

"A friend is an alternate self"

Would be: Amicus est alter idem

the "ipse" in this case is reflexive, it's like saying "You yourself..." "Te ipse..."

Latin is an awesome language nonetheless. ;)

EDIT2: And mine is up as well. XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was just wondering if I could switch my two Zubats to two Ekans instead? I have realized that, no matter how I love them, Aki doesn't want to work with the Zubats. (I need to really set my foot down on my characters one of these days...but for now, if it's alright, I'll try to give him what he wants).

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'm guessing the original post is a little bit older than the post she accepted you in, in the RP topic. Because this one too, has to be approved, so it would have been most up to date, when she had originally typed it.

Fera

Years
  • To Feign... I didn't conjugate the Latin. I actually just looked through Latin phrases until I found one that fit. So I apologize if it isn't correct...

Everything will be caught up today, again I was working yesterday and lost a lot of it due to the pokecommunity maintenance.

This post is not up to date... so don't worry.

Also I posted on the main thread yesterday but for some reason it didn't bump the thread. So you can check that out.

Sorry for my unannounced absence... I was visiting colleges in Indiana and got stuck in the airport when a spring blizzard pounded my home state...

Also to answer Emobill's question on the other thread about romance. It is allowed just keep it within certain limits. This roleplay is mostly about character development over actual pokemon.

CHECK OTHER THREAD

Anyone who was accepted into the roleplay has been edited into the last post. It looks as though I havent posted but I have. So take a look. I will be editing this page today and hopefully posting tonight.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha, no need to apologize. So we're just waiting on others to finish joining now?

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
  • hey fera... i sent you a pm a while ago regarding my first post, and i'm still waiting for your reply. i for any reason you didn't get it, i will gladly send you another one, it is just something i'd like to clear up first :D

and... yup! that's it :P

Fera

Years
  • Sorry Grey Fish just responded to it.

Feign, yeah I have the second post almost completed... I am just giving some people some time to get their characters to the rest of us. I'll give them another day or so.

Fera

Years
  • Alright after a long time... The roleplay is now pretty open. Characters can mingle and do pretty much anything you guys want them to. I will give blutrainer a little bit longer to respond. Thanks for waiting.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    My schedule might be a bit hectic for the next two weeks, but I think after that it will be fine.

Otherwise, I'll try to get a post in, at some point.

Back