• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Almia League (Rated PG)

Years
    Name: Sylvia "Sil" Blakeslee

Type: Trainer

City and Region: Violet City, Johto

Looks: Sylvia is a short girl, exactly four feet tall. She has red eyes and purple hair that reaches her lower back. She wears it in a ponytail, and it falls over her right shoulder to reach her stomach. She dresses simply, in a white t-shirt and black jeans, with white running shoes. She wears black gloves and carries a red shoulder bag.

Backround: Sylvia was born in Violet City, raised in Sprout Tower and taught at Earl's Academy. Her parents were never around, leaving the Sages to raise her. At age ten she left for New Bark Town to recieve a starter Pokemon. Upon her arrival, the only one left was Totodile, who she was overjoyed to own. She returned to Violet City, living wih Totodile in the tower. At 14, the Sages tired of her living there without adapting the Sage lifestyle or training Totodile, so they kicked her out. She decided that she would take up the Trainer challenge, and headed out for the Gym.

After obtaining the eight Johto badges, she wandered for a while, eventually taking a train to Sinnoh. She obtained a Charmander from Prof. Oak after winning a local tournament in Eterna, and entered a Contest in Hearthome. Her Charmander won a Beauty ribbon, but Sylvia didn't care for Contests. After returning to Johto and spending a year in the woods, she entered the Johto League, losing in the 4th round.

Now, returning at age 16, she has decided to travel again, seeing the report on the Almia League. She heads out with her starter, Big Al, and her two babies, Plissken and Sally.

Starter Pokemon: Totodile

Pokemon with you: Croconaw, Arbok, Charmander

-Name: Big Al
    -Species: Croconaw
    -Ability: Torrent
    -Moveset: Bite, Water Pulse, Ice Fang, Waterfall
    -Details: Big Al was rightly named. As a Totodile, he was only 2' tall, but his ego was easily twice that size. Always sure of himself and his power, he would rush headlong into any challenge. He also rushed headlong into a Pokeball. Given to Sylvia as her starter, she quickly discovered Al's skill and personality, using them to her advantage. His favorite game is carrying her in his massive jaws, and he rarely takes anything seriously.

-Name: Plissken
    -Species: Arbok
    -Ability: Intimidate
    -Moveset: Bite, Poison Jab, Headbutt, Dig
    -Details: Plissken was sent as an egg to Sylvia. She cared for the egg, and was startled to find an Ekans inside. While he was stand-offish at first, Sil had gradually earned Plissken's respect, if not his affection. Plissken was born knowing Poison Jab, and was able to defend himself with little help. He spends most his time alone, only appearing for meals and battles.

-Name: Sally
    -Species: Charmander
    -Ability: Blaze
    -Moveset: Scratch, Flamethrower, Ember, Metal Claw

-Details: Sylvia's newest Pokemon, Sally was a prize from a tournament. She is incredibly rare, as a shiny Charmander that knows Flamethrower. Having hatched shortly before being given to Sylvia, Sally views her as a mother, and is almost never far away. Sally enjoys Contests, and earned a Beauty ribbon in Sylvia's first ever Contest.

----
    Name: Shino Ven

Looks: Shino is tall and athletically built. His skin is lightly tanned, like he'd been dipped in tea. His hair is short, black, and spiky, with a black beard covering his lower face. His eyes are an icy blue, covered by his large sunglasses. He wears black slacks, a black button-up shirt, soft grey shoes, grey socks and a red tie.

Type Specialty: Poison

City and Region: Pastoria City, Sinnoh

Applying For: Gym Leader

Backround: Shino was born in Pastoria, growing up with his father and three mothers. His father was a sailor, and taught Shino to work for a living. His mothers taught him about Pokemon, medicine, and cooking.

His father brought him a Seviper from Hoenn, and he caught a Croagunk in the Great Marsh. On his 18th birthday, his father got him a job as a ship's cook. He snuck his Pokemon on board, training them and having them help with cooking. One day, the Captain got sick, and when they discovered he had brough poison Pokemon into the kitchen, he was fired. They dropped him off in Olivine City, leaving him to find his own way home.

While travelling through Johto, he came to rest in Violet City for a while. He met a young girl who had Pokemon of her own, and gave her an egg his Seviper had fathered. In return, she gave him a Bellsprout. Using his Bellsprout, he caught a pink Spinarak outside the city. After training and battling his Pokemon in the Gyms of Johto, he departed for the Johto League. His Spinarak evolved in the fourth round after defeating a young girl's Charmander, allowing him to defeat his next opponent with it's quick Shadow Sneak.

He was crowned Champion, and offered a chance to run a Gym in Almia. Believing that this would be his chance for redemption, he graciously accepted. His beloved poison types would no longer be shunned. Armed with his venomous friends and a variety of home-made medicines, he set off for Almia, taking the boat his father works on. How proud would he be...

Pokemon Team:

Species: Seviper
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Shed Skin

Moves:

Poison Tail
    Flamethrower
    Crunch
    Sludge Bomb

Species: Toxicroak
    Type: Poison/Fighting
    Ability: Dry Skin

Moves:

Poison Jab
    Revenge
    Faint Attack
    Mud Bomb

Species: Ariados (Shiny)
    Name: Arachne
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Insomnia

Moves:

Bug Bite
    Sucker Punch
    Scary Face
    Shadow Sneak

Species: Victreebel
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll

Moves:

Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Toxic
    Synthesis

Last edited:

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Beth's calf muscles were burning; she didn't run for long distances that often, but her focus on the theiving Zigagoon gave her enough energy. She saw the Zigzagoon dive into a bush. It had to be getting tired now, and she wasn't going to let it get away!

"I've got you NOW!" she cried, bursting through the bush with full force, an arm reeled back ready to launch a Pokeball, but skidded to a stop when she found herself face-to-face with a tall boy, a mess of brown hair barely obscuring the shock on his face and a Quagsire at his side. A Murkrow was battling the Zigzagoon, who still held the Pro-pack in his mouth. There was a moment of silence as they stood in shock, and the boy said, "Who are you?"

Before Beth could open her mouth to speak, two Nidoran, a Glaceon and a Chatot came flying out of the bushes. They jumped the Zigzagoon, who was already quite weakened from battling Murkrow. Its eyes were becoming glassy and it was apparent it didn't want to fight anymore.

"That's enough!" she cried, hurling the Pokeball over the boy's shoulder. It missed its mark, but the Zigzagoon dragged itself over to the Pokeball, tapping the button with its snout, and entered it. All that was left of the battle was a slightly crumpled Pro-pack, price tag still attached.

She had actually caught her first Pokemon! Excitement washed over her as she picked up Gypsy from beneath her front paws and began to dance with her. The Chatot settled on top of her head, dancing by shifting its weight from leg to leg and spreading its wings, mimicing Beth's singsong voice.

"I did it~ I did it~... and I got my stuff back too! This is the best day EV--" She stopped short when she felt the boy's burning eyes still upon her. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I totally forgot! My name's Beth. I'm from Snowpoint, I'm a Coordinator here for the Almia league and I just arrived on the ferry and saw this smoke on the horizon but I stopped for supplies and then this Zigzagoon - WHOOSH (she re-enacted the burglary with her hands) so I came out here after it and ran into you!" she said, all in one breath, and panted slightly from the exertion.

She saw that Murkrow was watching her carefully. "Thanks for your help with the Zigzagoon! Are you here for the smoke, too? We should really take this little guy to get cleaned up, and THEN--" she scooped up the Pokeball, holding it right in front of her nose- "YOU have an apology to make! Ohh boy, you're lucky I already paid for it! I can't wait to see the look on that shopkeeper's face when we walk in there with you..." She turned to the boy. "You are coming, right? After all, you helped! Pokemon trainer extra-ordinaire! You should get half the credit! Should we go see the smoke first? What's your name?"

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Name- Alex White
    Alex is roughly 5'9", with short brown hair and dark blue eyes. He sometimes wears black rimmed glasses to see a certain distance, but otherwise prefers not to wear them.
    He wears a plain white, short sleeved shirt with a sleeveless grey hooded jumper over it. The hoodie has a black and white Pokeball stitched on the back.
    His trousers are white with a black stripe down either leg, and wears white socks and trainers. He carries a small black rucksack for his items.

Age- 17

Pokemon Team-
    Eevee (M) -

Attacks - Take Down, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, substitute
    Ability - Adaptability
    Eevee was Alex's first Pokemon, and his most trusted Pokemon. Eevee will give nothing but its best in battle, and can be quite friendly.

Ditto -

Attacks - Transform
    Ability - Limber
    Ditto was one of Alex's later captures. Although it tries hard, it can be overly nervous, and make a flawed transformation, whether that's reducingspeed, attack or not knowing some attacks. Alex decided to bring Ditto to try and boost its confidence.

Aipom (M) -

Attacks - Double hit, Agility, Swagger, Rock Smash
    Ability - Pick Up
    Alex's first capture. It loves to play pranks on anyone and anything, and looks as if it doesn't take battles too seriously, until its forced to bring out its best effort. It also loves randomly digging for items.

Smeargle (M) -

Attacks - Hyper Beam, Thunder Wave, Sketch, Sketch
    Ability - Own Tempo
    Alex's last capture before the league. He hasn't fully decided on its attack list, and has left it 'half finished'. He hopes his Gym Leader Position will bring an opportunity to learn new attack combo's for Smeargle.

Type specialty- Normal

City and Region- Goldenrod City, Johto

Applying for Gym Leader [X] Elite Four Memeber [ ]

Backround - Alex comes from a fairly rich family background. His first Pokemon was Eevee, given to him by his parents for his 15th birthday. When he felt he was ready, he decided to take on the Gym Leaders.

His choice of Normal Pokemon was inspired by the City's Gym Leader, Whitney, who used powerful Normal Types. Alex's goal was to surpass her ability with Normal Types. Eventually, he made it to the Elite Four and barely managed to win. He was given the offer of being Gym Leader of Almia.

Alex picked four Pokemon to be his 'Gym Team' (Using two at any given time) and tries to vary his Pokemon's attacks to show the Normal Type's versatility in battle.

During the journey, Alex ended up scared of Houndooms when a pair attacked him on his second week, while he was setting up camp for the night. He was rescued by a passing trainer before anything too serious happened, but can't focus if he ever battles one. He keeps this fear a secret.

Last edited:

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    The trip on the D.S wasn't what Brendan was expecting the ship was dirty as the cabin looked like a cell and the crew looked like they had something to hide, he heading for the Port where all the trainers went, Charmander was sitting on his shoulder happily devouring a meatball from last nights so called 5 star meal, Dratini was happily swimming beside them, "Man I can't wait to get off this boat." complained Brendan.

A few moments later Brendan saw a huge plumes of smoke filled the air, Brendan wondered what it could be and his adventureous side turned on. "Hey can you guys drop me off over there?" Brendan asked to the captain, "Of course we can." The captain replied in a rude tone.

"Return Dratini." they were just near the smoke, "Ok Garbite lead the way." Brendan ordered, the Garbite led Brendan and Charmander through to the smoke, Charmander suddenly picked up his senses and rushed ahead of Garbite!

"Charmander wait! Where are you going?" Brendan demanded as he returned Garbite and dashed after his Pokemon. After sprinting for 3 minuets straight he came across 2 trainers one a a red-haired girl and another one who was a brown haired boy, and then he saw Charmander coming to him with a water stone in his mouth! "Wow so thats what you ran off for!" Brendan finally introduced himself to the 2 trainers "Hi I'm Brendan and this is Charmander my starter." Brendan went to a quick introduction with his Pokemon and finally annouced "And I'm going to be the Best Pokemon trainer and Co-ordinator in the Almia." quickly he realised he was boasting to much and changed subject and asked "So you guys are here to see the smoke? Cause I am."

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I am interested in this. If there is an elite four space left I will edit this into an SU.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    "Whaa- wa - wo waaaa ..... Smash!" Logan, riding on the back of Crobat, smashed into a large tree and tumbled to the ground. " I told you I was too heavy" Logan said to Crobat. "Well, at least we made it! Finally, we made it to the Almia region." Logan said excitedly.

Crobat nudged Logan with his wing while pointing at some black smoke coming from deep in the forest. "Fine we will go check it out!" He said. Just as Logan let Quilava out of his Pokeball, He dashed off the opposite way. "Quilava wait!" Logan yelled and began chasing after him.

"oooff!" Logan yelled as a Staraptor dove from the trees and crashed into Logan's side. The Staraptor circled around and dove towards him again." Now Raichu, use thunderbolt!" Raichu's thunderbolt sent the wild Staraptor down to the ground. "Now Raichu, use iron tail!" Just as Staraptor started to get up he was hit hard with iron tail. Logan, exited, threw a Pokeball next to Staraptor and he went inside. The ball shook a few times and then stopped.

"Yes! I caught Staraptor!" Logan released Staraptor, out of his Pokeball, and inspects his move set. "Wow, you know Aerial Ace, Brave bird, Close combat, and Quick Attack." Logan said excitedly. "Lets use you to help us find Quilava." Logan put Crobat and Raichu back in their Pokeballs and got on Staraptor's back. "Hah, i'm not to heavy for you!" Logan said. "Alright Staraptor, lets go find Quilava!" Logan and his newly caught Staraptor flew off into the thick forest in search of Quilava.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Name: David Harrow
    Pokemon Team:
    Name: Lucario – 'Maro'
    Moves: Sword Dance, Extreme Speed, Close Combat, Return
    Maro is a calm and quiet pokemon. He was raised by David from an egg and was the first pokemon David had. He is also the reason that David trains only rare pokemon. Maro is David's most trusted companion and can sometimes make a move before David says it.

Name: Shedinja – 'Oro'
    Moves: X-Scissor, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Fury Cutter
    Oro is the result of an incident with a bad trainer who mistreated his nincada. The nincada evolved into a ninjask against its trainer's wishes. The trainer was beating his new ninjask when Oro appeared out of nowhere. The Shedinja quickly stopped the trainer and would have seriously injured the boy if David hadn't intervened. Oro is now the most aggressive of David's team.

Name: Castform – 'Shift'
    Moves: Weather Ball, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance
    Shift was an interesting find. David didn't have a very large team of pokemon at the time and so was unable to prevent some poachers from stealing some Castform eggs when the parents were away. Shift was one of those parents. With the help of Shift David saved the eggs before they were sold. During that short adventure Shift became part of David's team.

Name: Sandslash (Shiny) - 'Hatchet'
    Moves: Dig, Sandstorm, Earthquake, Shadow Claw
    Hatchet was an unusual find. She was a Sandslash when David found her. David met her in the sandy plains of the Safari Zone. She was buried in the ground, her red spines sticking out into the sun. David only realised she was there when he accidentally stood on one of her spines. She put up quite a fight in the conjured sandstorm but when David sent out Oro, Hatchet couldn't deal any damage to him.

Name: Salamence – 'Sash'
    Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Fly, Draco Meteor
    David got Sash in a trade with another trainer. Sash was a Shellgon when she was traded and has become David's friend and chief mode of transport. She is also his powerhouse. She is usually sent out in the middle of a match.

Name: Eevee (Shiny) – 'Sliver'
    Moves: Quick Attack, Last Resort, Trump Card
    Sliver is David's most recent pokemon. He was given to David by his oldest brother who is a pokemon breeder. Sliver is the only pokemon David owns that he doesn't send into battle. Sliver is a happy and energetic pokemon. He has a very curious personality and likes to explore. His lack of experience means that he sometimes wanders into dangerous places without knowing it.

Looks:
    David is fairly ordinary as looks go. He isn't particularly good looking but neither is he completely ugly. He has black hair that he keeps cut short. His features are sharp and unreadable. His skin in slightly tanned and weather-beaten because of the travelling. David's dark green eyes are the window to his soul. His face rarely expresses emotions but his eyes show what he is feeling.
    He is in good shape due to lots of travelling. He has wider than average shoulders and has great upper body strength. He has a high endurance and spends three days a week training to keep himself in shape. David is fairly intelligent and quick at adapting, his battle style shows this. David wears a white sleeveless T-shirt and blue jeans that have paled so much they may as well be white now. He sometimes wears a half black and half white baseball cap that has a Yin-Yang circle on the front that contrasts with the colours.

Type specialty: None

City and Region: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
    Applying for: Gym Leader [ ] Elite Four Member [X]
    Background:
    David grew up being in Sootopolis City and is a very good swimmer because of it. He can hold his breath underwater for long enough to exit the city. Because of the environment he grew up around, David doesn't like either water or fire pokemon. They were in great abundance and he has vowed to never use one in his team.

David is the middle of five brothers and is at the moment, the best trainer of them. His oldest brother, John, is a breeder and sent David Sliver. John is now 25 and has a small house where he breeds Munchlax and Eevees. He also trains pokemon for a few trainers that ask him to. David's other older brother was the intelligent one and works as an intern for Silph Co. David's immediate younger brother disappeared a few years ago and has vanished from official records. David thinks he has joined Team Rocket but cannot be sure.

David's parents own a small plot of land and a farm. Their main produce was crops that flourished on the fertile volcanic soil. They have a small orchard too, which they grow berries in. They do steady trade with co-ordinators who look for the berries to make poke-blocks. David's youngest brother still works there, looking after the Tauros and keeping the Miltank healthy. He aspires to become a worker at pokecentres around the world. David is the only one who went on the proper trainer journey.

David started his journey by leaving his parent's farm at the age of 13 and swimming through the underwater entrance. He swam long distances during the day and slept on small islands on the way. He checked his direction on the way with his pokegear. He swam for about a month and arrived on the coast of Lilycove City. He spent a few weeks wandering with no pokemon. He came across an egg after about a month. From then on he sought out a town to keep the egg safe. He arrived in Lilycove city again and spent a few nights in the pokecentre.

After some time Maro hatched and sparked the light of adventure in David. This brought his love of rare pokemon to fruition. He spent two years collecting a team of three rare pokemon. With Maro, Oro and Shift David took the first few gym leader badges. By the time he won all badges his team was 5 strong. He went on to reach the final two of the Hoenn pokemon league. When he lost that match it was because his team weren't good enough. This didn't bother him and he was happy that they made it to the top 2.

He did this at the age of 17. He spent the next year working on picking up the Jhoto badges and building the strongest team he could. His pokemon were the best he had encountered and worked perfectly as a team and as individuals. He also took the opportunity to try out a contest. David found contests showy but he realised how that kind of moves could turn out to be effective in battles. With this in mind he went on to win the Jhoto League.

After that he spent a year travelling back around Hoenn, catching up with some of his old friends and family. Then David returned home to Sootopolis City and the farm. He spent a week happily relaxing at home before a letter arrived about the Almia Elite Four. He took a week to get ready for the journey before leaving. His journey continues…

EDIT - I chose not to edit the other one.

Last edited:
    Years
    ((This roleplay looks like a lot of fun! Do you mind if I join? I'd like to join as a new trainer, and perhaps a gym leader as well. I just need some time to get my profiles together. ^^))

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Chris Legget had just defeated his first opponent with relative ease. He was feeling so confident, he almost feared becoming too cocky. And so now he waits for the next challenger...
    (can we have more than one person? I think I would like to have a regular trainer as well, but my gym leader and trainer would probably never battle eachother.)

Years
    Sylvia had enjoyed the ferry ride to Almia. It was relaxing and calm, and she stepped into the new land excitedly. Sally was perched on her shoulder, holding on tight. Sil looks around the small town, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells.

"Char!"

Sil looks over at Sally, wondering what has the little yellow Charmander's attention.

She is looking at a broken store window, which a girl leaps out of, chasing a Zangoose. They run past her, not noticing her. A boy soon runs after them, and Sil sees smoke coming from the forest.

Sil stands speechless, confused by the fast pace of this country.

"This place is gonna be AWESOME!" She rushes after the people into the woods, emerging into a clearing where they all are facing each other.

"Oh. Hi! What's goin' on? I'm Sil!"

*pop* "Croconaw!"

Tuxedo Clank

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    ooc// I have noticed a few people who have the kind of RP style that I dislike. Single paragraphs and even a couple one liners. The RP host hasn't been online since June 9th. Seeing as most people have joined regardless, most of them seem good RPers. This all leads to me assuming I can join. Also on the first post I believe it says there is no limit to the number of RPers in this. As long as they are competent then I have no problem with them.

bic//
    David leant on the edge of the ferry. He watched the sea passing by. The waves made him feel calmer. The speed of the ferry made the water break around it causing wave interference around the metal hull. Sliver was curled around David's feet, letting the wind blow his silver fur around. David picked up Sliver and held him in one arm. The Eevee lifted its' ears and was suddenly alert.Almia was just a few moments away. The land was clear and unspoiled. Everything looked natural. David smiled. This would be new.

The ferry landed and David got off. The port city was packed. David lowered Sliver to the floor and gave him a stroke. "Stay near me and don't get lost. Just call if your having trouble." David said. Then he set off. The crowds were almost suffocating and David considered letting Sash out just to avoid the crowd. He decided against it, not wanting to cause panic. He looked down to make sure Sliver was with him and for a moment felt a feeling of dread. Then he caught sight of a silver shape winding playfully through the forest of legs.

Eventually David made his way out of the crowds, Sliver dancing energetically around his legs. David grinned at the his newest pokemon. Then a sound caught his attention. Someone was battling nearby. David stopped and thought for a moment. Then he pulled out a pokeball and opened it. A red beam resolved itself into a Salamence. "Alright Sash, to the sky, we're going to find that battle." He said, jumping onto her back. Sliver jumped up onto Sash's head and padded into a comfortable sitting position. Then Sash took off.

They flew a few feet above the treetops. David let Sash fly herself. She would be able to locate the battle quicker than he would. It only took about a minute when Sash ducked her head and dropped into a gap in the forest canopy. David stood up on her back as she slowed in front of a group of people. The battle was over. "Hello, what's been happening?" he said folding his arms.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Beth had just put her Pokeballs away when she heard rustling in the bushes. Adrenaline still pumping, she dropped her bag and swung to face the foliage she had burst forth from earlier and was shocked to see a Charmander, with a boy with a red bandanna trailing him.

"What the--"

They had barely made eye contact when yet another trainer entered the clearing a few feet away, clad in punk attire. His Quilava looked on with fierce eyes.

Gypsy made a small mewing sound and cowered behind Beth, startled by the sudden crowd of trainers. Beth was feeling a little anxious herself; she glanced around at the trainers. Some she recognized from the ferry. She felt Gypsy bristle; more were coming.

A bright-eyed girl stomped through the brush, a shiny Charmander at her side, looking slightly startled at the widening circle of trainers, before introducing herself brightly. "Hi, I'm Sil!" she exclaimed, but the group's focus was on the brush. Finally, they turned in unison in time to see a stoic, tanned boy emerge, trailed by a shiny Eevee.

There was a long, awkward silence as the group stood exchanging wary glances.

"Hello," began David quietly, folding his arms over his chest, "what's been happening?"

"That's a good question," Beth replied with an air of amusement. "I'm Beth, by the way."

She cleared her throat. "I guess we're all here for the smoke, right?" she asked, looking around the circle, searching their eyes for a reaction. "I was tracking down this Zigzagoon --" she held up the Pokeball -- "because he made off with my purchase from the Pokemart."

Tucking the supplies into her bag, she suggested, "I wanted to bring the Zigzagoon to the shopkeeper to apologize -- and to assure him he won't be ransacking the place anymore. Have you guys had a chance to stock up? We might want to hit the Pokemart before we head out there -- maybe the shopkeeper will have a map of the forested region with landmarks... or at least, a little advice about what to expect."

She looked to the sky. "If we're going to find out what the smoke's all about, we might as well go together. Strength in numbers, considering we don't know the region very well. What do you guys think?"

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Logan, and his newly caught Staraptor, dashed through the forest in search of Quilava. "There! Go after him." Logan shouted. Staraptor swooped down to Quilava. "Quilava return" A red beam shot from the Pokeball and collided with Quilava and absorbed him back into his Pokeball. "Alright Staraptor, head for the smoke." Staraptor shot off toward the smoke. "There is nothing to be afraid of." Logan said to Quilava, still in his Pokeball.

Just then Logan spotted a large group of people in the forest. "Staraptor, over there!" His Staraptor flew within feet of the group and then got on Logan's shoulder. They both hid behind the bush and listened. They heard, "Hello," began David quietly, folding his arms over his chest, "what's been happening?"

"That's a good question," Beth replied with an air of amusement. "I'm Beth, by the way."

She cleared her throat. "I guess we're all here for the smoke, right?" she asked, looking around the circle, searching their eyes for a reaction. "I was tracking down this Zigzagoon --" she held up the Pokeball -- "because he made off with my purchase from the Pokemart."

Tucking the supplies into her bag, she suggested, "I wanted to bring the Zigzagoon to the shopkeeper to apologize -- and to assure him he won't be ransacking the place anymore. Have you guys had a chance to stock up? We might want to hit the Pokemart before we head out there -- maybe the shopkeeper will have a map of the forested region with landmarks... or at least, a little advice about what to expect."

She looked to the sky. "If we're going to find out what the smoke's all about, we might as well go together. Strength in numbers, considering we don't know the region very well. What do you guys think?"

Logan excitedly emerged from the bush and yelled "I'm in!". Everyone jumped back startled. "Whoops, I didn't mean to scare you." Logan said. "But i'm here for the smoke too and I want in."

Years
    Character app!

Name-​
    Quilla Itzel Gafnit
    Starter Pokemon- Totodile
    Pokemon with you- Drifloon, Ghastly, Gardivor, Slowpoke
    Type: Trainer

Looks- (Picture soon!! I just need to finish drawing it) Stands 5'2" tall and boasts a "pear" shaped frame, as she is awkwardly skinny everywhere but her hips. This is perhaps exaggerated by her clothing. Quilla wears a strapless, highlighter yellow jumper; the bottom part is like shorts, which are poofy and rounded and come to a tight drawstring close a few inches above her knee. The neck of the jumper rides just below her collarbone. On either side of the neck of her jumper, there is a plastic, cartoon-like skull sewn on: one boasting a happy face, and the other a sad one. There are in memorial of two pokemon she loved as a child. Around her waist a neon pink and neon teal belt, which are too loose, ride awkwardly on her hips. Her hair is mostly gathered up in a poofy yellow hat that matches her jumpsuit, but her bangs are left loose. Two of them are long enough to fall a few inches above her shoulders, while the rest are either tucked or pinned back. Her hair is a vibrant neon purple color, the sort that seems as if it would look wild under a blacklight. Three small brown freckles are apparent under her right eye, arranged in an upside down triangle. Various other odd blotches of freckles can also be seen on her neck, shoulders, and legs, though the pattern is never consistent. Quilla's eyes are rounded and somewhat large; they are a tame, pale blue color. She also wears a pair of opaque tights that match the color of her hair, and over them a loose pair of "Drifloon shoes"; a pair of light-as-air sneakers that are colored to resemble a Drifloon, complete with a yellow X on the front of the toes. Each of Quilla's wrists are weighed down with bangles of various widths and neon colors; the only thing that they have in common is that they are for the most part too loose on her skinny wrists.

City and Region- Violet City, Johto

Backround- Quilla is the sort of girl who will often be underestimated by others due to her clueless and naive nature. She is easily distracted and flustered, but very optimistic about the world and her future. She is a fiercely loyal ally to have, and although her clumsiness can often be a burden, her ability to notice and think up the most random things can often come in handy.
    Quilla was born in Violet City, and spent most of her days there with her Father, Issac Gafnit. Her Mother, Melanie Gafnit, vanished when she was very young without a trace. Only Issac seems to have an idea as to where she could have gone, but he pretends not to in order to protect his young and hopeful daughter. Issac, a retired trainer himself, spends the majority of his time inventing new kinds of shoes to market to young trainers in the hope of supporting himself and his family. However, financial troubles left behind by Quilla's mother are piled against him and keep him constantly in debt. Ever the faithful daughter, Quilla waited to become a pokemon trainer in order to help her Father at home before finally insisting upon becoming a walking advertisement and saleswoman for his designs. While few have heard of the Gafnit shoe brand, the few that have swear to it for it's unique and cute designs and outstanding comfort.
    As a child, Quilla had few worries other than not being supplied with the same comforts and expensive toys as other children. She happily grew beside her Father's Growlithe and Umbreon, the two pokemon commemorated on her clothing. Her mother's absense did not shake her for long, as many believed it would; in fact, she came out of the experience with more optimism and cheer than ever before. However, she did develop a number of quirky habits due to her Father's lax parenting, such as painting her Pokeballs with nail polish when she tires of one color. Quilla has never given up on the hope that, one day, she will find her Mother and be able to impress her with brilliant Pokemon.

POKEMON:

TOTODILE
    Type: Water
    Nickname: None
    Ability: None
    Moves: Ice Fang, Rage, Water Gun, Tackle
    Totodile was Quilla's first Pokemon. He is as hyperactive and fiercely loyal as Quilla herself, but is quite the prankster and uses her short attention span to play tricks upon her, such as "Getting lost" and allowing her to panic in search of him.

GHASTLY
    Type: Ghost
    Nickname: Shadoule
    Moves: Curse, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Bite
    Quilla is afraid of Ghastly. The only reason that she caught him originally was because he popped up in a dark place and frightened her so badly that she hurled the first item she could find at it-- a pokeball. Feeling guilty for imprisoning a Pokemon that she did not want, Quilla decided to take care of and attempt to befriend Ghastly. However, he is stubborn and disagreeable and views himself as considerably more intelligent than his incompetent trainer.

DRIFLOON
    Type: Ghost/Flying
    Ability: None
    Moves: Astonish, Constrict, Shadow Ball
    Drifloon is very absent minded and tends to just sort of float away and get stuck in trees. Drifloon is very emotional and can be easily upset by such mishaps; it often needs a boost of self-esteem.

GARDEVOIR
    Type: Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize & Trace
    Moves: Psychic, Double Team, Confusion, Teleport
    Gardevoir joined Quilla's party due to a motherly urge. She felt sorry for Quilla when she encountered her running through the forest hysterically looking for her hiding and absent-minded Pokemon. Because of her helpful nature-- and her own loneliness, as the Gallade which she loved was taken away by a group of villains-- Gardevoir secretly assisted Quilla in finding her pokemon, then got in a battle with her to see if she was worthy of being her trainer. She accepted defeat happily, and now sees Quilla and her pokemon as her own family.

SLOWPOKE
    Type: Psychic/Water
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Moves: Surf, Confusion, Yawn, Slack-off
    As with most Slowpoke, this one is not the brightest knife in the drawer. It wouldn't even mind that the analogy just used to describe it didn't even make sense. Slowpoke is very friendly and loves to meet new people and eat new food. He enjoys laying in the sun, but often gets himself lost either following something interesting or trying to make sure that Drifloon does not get lost (which just ends up with both of them being confused.)

Last edited:

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    Michiko could hardly believe that Archie was able to drag her to ride a ferry all the way to the Almia League. Part of her wanted to take to the skies on the back of her Charizard, but she knew too well of Archie's fear of the fiery beast. This was just one thing she never understood to well about him. How could he chose a Charmander as his first Pokemon and be afraid of its final form? She turned her attention back to the sea suddenly seeing a plume of smoke from where she stood. She knew they were close to Almia, but didn't anyone else notice this at all? She caught sight of Alterio who had fallen asleep at her feet.

"Hey Alterio," she said. "Catch a look at this."

Alterio blinked open his golden eyes. He yawned, stretching and got to his paws, turning his attention out to sea to see what his trainer was looking at.

"Re!"Alterio gasped at the plume of smoke. <Woah!>

"We better show Archie. He would want to know about this."

"Umbre..Umbreon?" <But..where will we find him?>

Michiko smiled and winked at her Pokemon. She knew Archie too well to know where the best places to find him. She lead her Umbreon to the other side of the ship to where a table sat with different sorts of food. She spotted Archie's Espeon, Helaku, staring at her trainer in embarassment as he began to demolish the food in a matter of seconds. Alterio called out to her, catching the Sun Pokemon's attention and quickly raced over to them.

"Hey Archie!" Michi yelled. "Can you stop stuffing your face for five minutes?"

Archie took a bite out his slice of pizza. "Let me just finish this one."

"EspeEspeon..." Helaku muttered. <That's his fifth one...>

She looked up as her Trainer walked towards them, wiping his hands on a towel. Sometimes she wondered how he could possibly eat so much. Before he could open his mouth, Michiko grabbed him by the wrist taking him back to the other side of the ship. Her pyschic abilities told her what she was about to show them was greatly important.

"See that smoke over there," Michiko stated. "Something bad is happening in the forest in Almia."

Archie studied it for a moment. "There's nothing we can do about it. Besides, we'll be landing soon and we can check it out then."

"Or..."

"Or what?"

Michi didn't reply, pulling out a Pokeball from her bag. Throwing it over the ship, it opened relasing a white energy. The Pokemon emerged to be her Charziard, Dragon. The Pokemon yawned, stretching his wings. He then turned his attention to his trainer who nodded at him. He knew this command well and got to the side of the ship letting her jump onto his back. Alterio followed suit.

"Michiko!" Archie growled. "What are you doing?"

"Going to explore, duh!" she teased. "Are you coming or are you staying with your food?"

"I'm not riding that monster."

Michi rolled her eyes and ordered Dragon to fly off towards the plume of smoke. In a few heartbeats they were racing away from the ship, approaching the island faster than they had earlier. This was the excitement she needed, not some stupid ship that took all day to reach its destination. She suddenly heard a cry behind her. Glancing back she saw Archie following behind her on his Pidgeot, Sarika. She smirked as they came to their side.

"What made you come?" she asked.

"You're not leaving me behind," he replied. "I care for you too much to let you run into the trouble by yourself."

The two trainers stared at each other for a moment in awkward silence. Their Pokemon exchhanged glances, rolling their eyes in annoyance. They knew what their Trainers were hiding and it'd be better off if they said something already.

"You know...like a sister."

"Right..." Michiko looked up as they became closer to smoke. Below them she saw a crowd of people in a clearing. Her curiousity got the best of her. "Land over there Dragon and we can take it from there."

Dragon let out a soft growl, declining in the sky. Once they landed, Michi returned him to his Pokeball; Archie did the same with Sarika. They made their way towards the clearing hearing a voice saying something about the smoke. She pushed a couple of branches out of the way enabling her to enter the clearing. She saw a boy jump out from the other side startling the group which made her giggle which caught everyone elses attention afterwards. Archie appeared at her side with their Pokemon at their feet.

"I'm sorry for us intruding," she said. "But we're here for the smoke too. I'm Michiko, but you can call me Michi. This is my Umbreon, Alterio."

"Umbreon!" Alterio said smiling. <Greetings!> He caught sight of the shiny Eevee which sparked him some interest. He wondered if this Eevee ever went through the same experience that he had once as a baby Pokemon.

"Uh..and I'm Archibald, but I just go by Archie," Archie added. "And this is my Espeon, Helaku."

"Espe," Espeon chimed. <Hello.>

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Alex stepped off the ferry with anticipation, excited at the prospect of running a gym here. The opportunity to face many prospective trainers was sure to boost his skills.
    Around his belt were Alex's four chosen Pokemon. Eevee, Aipom, Ditto and Smeargle. Simple enough Pokemon to run his Normal type gym. Although they should pose a challenge to trainers, Alex hoped to bolster the confidence of his Pokemon. Ditto in particular, who felt that it held Alex back and nearly lost him the league at numerous points.

Alex saw smoke in the sky, wondering what was going on. Perhaps he should investigate, seeing as he was gym leader after all. Too bad he didn't bring Tauros or Pidgeot. Then he would reach the location in no time.
    Well, if I'm gonna run, I might as well let my Pokemon get some exercise. Alex decided, taking each of his Pokeballs and throwing them into the air.

The Pokeballs expanded and released each of his Pokemon in a flash of red light. His four Pokemon looked around the area, figuring they had reached Almia.
    "Hey guys, how 'bout a race?" Alex asked with a grin, catching his shrinking Pokeballs. "First one to that forest over there is the greatest human - or Pokemon - ever."
    His Pokemon chirped in excitement as they lined up, facing the forest. Ditto transformed into Eevee in order to have a chance of keeping up. Alex took his place on the line.
    "Ready... Go!" Alex called out, dashing forawrd. His Pokemon followed suit, easily keeping up with Alex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    Form-
    Name- Zap Breaker
    Age- 17
    Pokemon Team-

Luxray

Pikachu

Jolteon

Electabuzz

Ampharos

Looks- Zap is short and buff. He has spiked yellow hair. He wears a yellow t-shirt and orange pants. He also wears white sneakers.
    Type specialty Electric
    City and Region- Pueltown, Almia
    Applying for- Gym Leader [x] Elite Four Memeber [ ]
    Background- Zap found his star Pokemon, Luxray, as a Shinx back when he was eight. It's tail was stuck under a tree. He rescued it and took care of it until he was old enough to become a trainer. It still has a scar on it's tail to this day. Zap spends most of his time training him.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Chris stepped off the ferry excited to start plans for his new gym. The few battles he had on the ship had left him feeling cocky. As he walked through the crowd, brainstorming new ideas for his gym, it became aware to him that there was smoke in the distance. He took out his Poliwrath, just in case the smoke ment a forest fire. He then heard a battle going on, and saw a salamence flying toward it. "The battle sounds intense, doesn't it Poliwrath? They would probably make great opponents for my gym, don't you think? Too bad I can't fly over there..."

He became startled as a Zangoose flew behind him, followed by an angry girl. "Holy--!!! Well, you don't see that every day!"

Chris then started to head toward a hotel, where he could live momentarily while making plans for his new gym. "hmm... lets see, it should obviously have some sort of puzzle...

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
    Years
    well im getting back in this rp

as i was at a while ago

timmy and treecko hopped on the ferry that was going to almia treecko looked out from the deck at the water treecko spots a huge wailord swimming in the ocean(hey treecko what are you doing )says timmy treecko points at the wailord (is that what you were staring at treecko its huge ) says timmy surprized

Back