• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon DarkGrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Nice Hack altariaking! I can see that you're quick on giving updates
and I love it!

Nice tiles you're using! And the graphics too, gotta love them!

Wish you good luck with this hack! :D

This is cool! But could you maybe no use my nickname in the credits and use my real Username :)
thanks, changed the name now lol

in general does not convince me the graphic environment,
I like the new sprite, I like to see an environment
more suitable

Ok.

WOW this look really awesome. but turtwig and starly looks like clowns :D
I don't see the resemblance, neither turtwig nor starly has a red nose.

Update!
DarkGreyRuby_06-4.png

New grass.
DarkGreyRuby_05-4.png

2 new trees.
DarkGreyRuby_04-4.png

Another new menu frame.

Credits to Alistair, Zein, Wesley FG and Jaizu.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Update!

DarkGreyRuby_69.png

A new Starly sprited from seiyouh from WAH!
DarkGreyRuby_70.png

A new fakemon sprited by Samson!

Those Sprites are amazing! Love that Koala bear sprite! Turt's basksprite is soo better than the original one!

Ok. I haven't inserted new music yet so you'll have to wait for the beat.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not too great a mapper, especially with cities, but I'll probably go back and edit all the maps later anyway.

Here are some new indoor tiles, credits to Alucus, Kyledove, Speed and ScareX.
DarkGreyRuby_01-3.png

Um there's a small mapping error in this screen! See, the counter shadow should be below it, not above it! Just compare it to other object's shadows and you'll see what I mean!

I would love to help with spriting and mapping, but I just have barely any time as it is...
But I could help you name some fakemons and towns if you'd like...

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Those Sprites are amazing! Love that Koala bear sprite! Turt's basksprite is soo better than the original one!

Um there's a small mapping error in this screen! See, the counter shadow should be below it, not above it! Just compare it to other object's shadows and you'll see what I mean!

I would love to help with spriting and mapping, but I just have barely any time as it is...
But I could help you name some fakemons and towns if you'd like...

Thanks, I fixed the error now :)

Here's an update.
DarkGreyRuby_03-5.png

DarkGreyRuby_01-5.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-5.png

DarkGreyRuby_04-5.png

bladewarz

Starting post right now xD
Years
i dont said they have red nose but they look weird... But anyways they are my 2 favorites pokemons so nvm how they look... i just like them.. updates are cools :). Uhh? a mysteries egg? i wonder what should it be..

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
i dont said they have red nose but they look weird... But anyways they are my 2 favorites pokemons so nvm how they look... i just like them.. updates are cools :). Uhh? a mysteries egg? i wonder what should it be..
They look fine to me, you might need glasses.

wow i really love the overworld sprite and how there are sinnoh pokemon in this.
Thanks, but that I should be capitalized.

Update:
DarkGreyRuby_05-6.png
DarkGreyRuby_05-6.png

DarkGreyRuby_07.png
DarkGreyRuby_08.png

DarkGreyRuby_01-6.png
Professor and dialogue still to be edited...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I just wanted to start off by saying that the transparency kind of messes up the screens. :( also this probably won't be nearly as long as my last few tl;dr posts ;;

Your story is presented in an... interesting way, to say the least. I'm not so sure whether it helps or hurts you, but it sure is different. Your new sprites aren't bad, although I question some like Turtwig's backsprite and Starly's frontsprite because they're not really sprited the same way as the rest of the sprites. Some of your tiles I really like (like the beach tiles) and some of them I really don't (like the bridge tiles). I do like your Hero OW and sprite though, they're pretty nice. :3

I'd watch the videos but i am tired/lazy and it's almost midnight so I have to wrap this up pretty fast. I hate to be so generic/etc but yeah I suck anyway. If you need any clarifications on anything I'm here. Good luck.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
DarkGreyRuby_08.png

I think I said somewhere else about... Ah yes, Block Background is wrong, as the sign is on top the hero.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I just wanted to start off by saying that the transparency kind of messes up the screens. :( also this probably won't be nearly as long as my last few tl;dr posts ;;
Yeah, I'm really bad with CSS so...I don't know how to fix that 0_0

Your story is presented in an... interesting way, to say the least. I'm not so sure whether it helps or hurts you, but it sure is different. Your new sprites aren't bad, although I question some like Turtwig's backsprite and Starly's frontsprite because they're not really sprited the same way as the rest of the sprites. Some of your tiles I really like (like the beach tiles) and some of them I really don't (like the bridge tiles). I do like your Hero OW and sprite though, they're pretty nice. :3
Thanks, the Turtwig and Starly were sprited by a completely different spriter, so that's maybe why they look different compared to the others. Yeah, some of the tiles will most likely be changed. Thanks :)

I'd watch the videos but i am tired/lazy and it's almost midnight so I have to wrap this up pretty fast. I hate to be so generic/etc but yeah I suck anyway. If you need any clarifications on anything I'm here. Good luck.
thanks lazy >:|

DarkGreyRuby_08.png

I think I said somewhere else about... Ah yes, Block Background is wrong, as the sign is on top the hero.
Yeah, I fixed that now, lol.

Well here's a small preview of the first gym and some new sprites:
DarkGreyRuby_01-7.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-6.png

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I love that Pinsir sign!
Are all gyms have related signs like that?
Don't really like that Riolu sprite, sorry... in my opinion Pt/HGSS sprite is much better! ;)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I love that Pinsir sign!
Are all gyms have related signs like that?
Don't really like that Riolu sprite, sorry... in my opinion Pt/HGSS sprite is much better! ;)

Yeah, all the gyms will have statues based on a Pokemon from the type they use.
Ok, but I'm honestly trying to use less of the official sprites and more custom ones :|
What don't you like about it though and I'll try and fix it?

Here is an update!
New Pokemon Centre tiles:
DarkGreyRuby_01-8.png

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Yeah, all the gyms will have statues based on a Pokemon from the type they use.
Ok, but I'm honestly trying to use less of the official sprites and more custom ones :|
What don't you like about it though and I'll try and fix it?

Here is an update!
New Pokemon Centre tiles:
DarkGreyRuby_01-8.png

Well about the Riolu sprite, it's pose is just unnatural, it looks as if it's trying to dance, and it's not working out!
Try to make it in this running pose:
attachment.php

Pretty cool animation, huh?

The Pokemon centre looks great! I suppose there won't be any more marts, right?

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Promising Hack

Promising hack Delivers with pre-footage pictures

I am happy to see this is a ruby hack, another reason i got the rom ( I got it in reality to, just to note that) This hack looks promising, i like how the fakemon comes along, keep in mind that too many fakemon can change the overrall quality of each fakemon, try to variate, other than that, i am looking forward to this, and hopefully it will deliver :)
Good process so far, and good luck with this hack :)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Well about the Riolu sprite, it's pose is just unnatural, it looks as if it's trying to dance, and it's not working out!
Try to make it in this running pose:
attachment.php

Pretty cool animation, huh?

The Pokemon centre looks great! I suppose there won't be any more marts, right?
Yep, but if I'm being honest, it's because I ran out of space to insert a mart and also I wanted another palette :P

And Blaziken FTW!
Promising hack Delivers with pre-footage pictures

I am happy to see this is a ruby hack, another reason i got the rom ( I got it in reality to, just to note that) This hack looks promising, i like how the fakemon comes along, keep in mind that too many fakemon can change the overrall quality of each fakemon, try to variate, other than that, i am looking forward to this, and hopefully it will deliver :)
Good process so far, and good luck with this hack :)

DarkGreyRuby_01-9.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-8.png

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I like the electric bug thingy!
I think it will be a great addition, but I notice that there are a lot of bug fakemon in your hack..., not that there's anything wrong with that!
If you want some concepts for dragon fakemon, let me know! ;)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I like the electric bug thingy!
I think it will be a great addition, but I notice that there are a lot of bug fakemon in your hack..., not that there's anything wrong with that!
If you want some concepts for dragon fakemon, let me know! ;)

There aren't really too many bugs, but there are a lot of bugs shown because the beginning few towns are very forest like.

Some minor updates

DarkGreyRuby_38.png

DarkGreyRuby_41.png

DarkGreyRuby_40.png

DarkGreyRuby_39.png

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Big super special awesome update!
DarkGreyRuby_01-13.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-12.png

DarkGreyRuby_03-12.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-14.png

DarkGreyRuby_03-14.png

DarkGreyRuby_04-14.png

DarkGreyRuby_01-16.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-15.png

DarkGreyRuby_03-15.png

DarkGreyRuby_04-15.png

DarkGreyRuby_05-7.png

DarkGreyRuby_03-16.png

DarkGreyRuby_01-17.png

DarkGreyRuby_02-16.png

DarkGreyRuby_05-8.png

DarkGreyRuby_04-16.png

>_< I ran out of space to insert a game corner tile but now that I know how to use palette 12 it's ok =D

Also, if anyone has any ideas for any sidequests or extra features, I'd love to hear them =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back