• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shoto Saga

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
  • hack+title.PNG

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]INFORMATION[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Name: Pokemon: Shoto Saga[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hack Of: Pokemon Fire Red (BPR/E/V1.0)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Creator: Pokemonguy1990[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Language: English (US)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]STORYLINE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Shoto Isles Region has grown and prospered for many years, The[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cities and Towns have grown naturally alongside Nature, leaving the[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]islands in pristine condition, thus allowing hundreds of pokemon[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]species to thrive. Shoto has recently chosen to adopt the laws of the[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Indigo Plateau as their own, now known as The Shoto League Charter,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and have constructed a series of Gyms across the region, as well as[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]their own Hall Of Champions, Home to the new Shoto Elite.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Professor Redwood, Shoto's Authority on Stone evolution, Calls a[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]professor from a far away region to come and give pokemon to the first[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Trainers to officially take on the newly erected Gyms in Shoto. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Since you are old enough according to The Shoto League Charter, you[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]hurriedly rush over to the Lab, Once there you Find out that the professor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]is none other than Professor Oak of Kanto! He shows you Three poke[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]balls, each containing a pokemon that is rare to Shoto.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With your first pokemon, your backpack, and a dream, you set out to to[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]defeat the Gyms of Shoto, So you say farewell to Ginko Town and set[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]out on an adventure of a lifetime, But before you leave, Professor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Redwood warns you of a gang that is slowly tearing into the peace and[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]serenity of the Region.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]*** *** *** *** ***[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]The Rocket Story:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Several years after the fall of Team Rocket in Kanto, and Jhoto, Team[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Rocket has set up operations in the Shoto Isles under the leadership of[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]a re-invigorated Giovanni. Their evil deeds are worse than ever, and[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]they will stop at nothing to take over all of Shoto so they can execute[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]their worst plan yet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Giovanni Has sent out Recon teams to the far away lands of Kanto,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jhoto, and Hoenn in order to bring back the legendary Pokemon of[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]those lands. Giovanni Then orders the Teams to hide away these[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]legends; The birds of Kanto, The Dogs of Jhoto, and Hoenn's Creators,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]as well as other legends they have found... and created.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now that Giovanni Has these pokemon, he sets his plans into action to[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]create the ultimate pokemon by combining the DNA of all these[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pokemon and using the powers of the rare evolution stones found only in[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Shoto.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Additional Information[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This is a piece of information not necessarily needed to understand the[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]main story, just something I came up with to make a little sense of the[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]non trade-evolve concept.[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]FEATURES[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The new region of Shoto to explore[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]New evolution methods for trade-evolve pokemon[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The ability to complete the "National Pokedex"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]All new Gym Leaders, Team Rocket, and other Trainers[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]New Items[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and much, much, more...

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]PROGRESS[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maps: 5%[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Scripts: 0.5%[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Storyline: 45%[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sprites: 60-65%[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Other Stuff: 10-20%[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]MEDIA

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some of these Images may contain MAJOR spoilers for the game, including the region map & character designs, they will be marked accordingly. All sections followed by a "[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]¤ [/FONT]" contains a possible/major spoiler[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Screen Shots[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The Shoto Region [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]¤[/FONT][/FONT]

Spoiler:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Custom Trainers [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]¤[/FONT][/FONT]
    These are a few of the trainers I have personally created so far.
    Spoiler:

HELP WANTED
    if you are interested in helping with this project
    please PM me, I'm currently looking for:
    Scripter (moderate to advanced)
    Sprite inserter
    Title screen editing​

Tools I've used (so far)
    Advanced map [Lu-Ho]
    XtremeScript Editor [HackMew]
    A-Trainer [HackMew]
    Free Space Finder [HackMew]​

okay, think i got it all...phew...[/FONT]​

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • The first hack in 2011~
    Well,i really like that you use original FR tiles. I really like when people don't push ugly DP tiles right away.
    I think,however,that you should do more with the maps. They are too empty. I think you should place more arrangements such as flowers,fences,puddles,pathways etc. The worst one is, i think the fourth screen. Just put grass,flowers and anything that comes to your mind.
    I really like the region,however. I like the idea of a cementary on an island,the whole region many islands,and many others.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The maps could use a little bit of work and I love the original FR tiles. But above all I love the story. You definitely put a lot of thought into it, I'll keep my eye on this one. Hopefully the maps can improve.

Edit: Just saw the custom trainers. Very good splices, I especially like the first girl on the bottom. She jus screams "Psychic!" to me.

Pokemonguy1990

Years
  • The first hack in 2011~
    Well,i really like that you use original FR tiles. I really like when people don't push ugly DP tiles right away.
    I think,however,that you should do more with the maps. They are too empty. I think you should place more arrangements such as flowers,fences,puddles,pathways etc. The worst one is, i think the fourth screen. Just put grass,flowers and anything that comes to your mind.
    I really like the region,however. I like the idea of a cementary on an island,the whole region many islands,and many others.

Thank you, I will work on correcting the maps soon. The fourth is supposed to be a bit empty, as it is part of the Professor's Research Fields. I thought the Cemetery was a good idea, I want to keep a lot of the concepts, just make them new, different.

The maps could use a little bit of work and I love the original FR tiles. But above all I love the story. You definitely put a lot of thought into it, I'll keep my eye on this one. Hopefully the maps can improve.

Edit: Just saw the custom trainers. Very good splices, I especially like the first girl on the bottom. She jus screams "Psychic!" to me.

it seems keeping the FR tiles was a good idea, and i've put about 4 weeks of thought in to just the story, I'm glad you like it. Again, I will be doing some major map revamping asap. I will make sure they improve.

Funny story, all of the sprites are actually made to look like friends and family of mine, I decided to give spriting a try, and although i did splice them, i think i did pretty good.

Version Five

Restarted entire hack. :(
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    The above two statements are true, I love how you kept original tiles because I really don't like it when people start using D/P tiles in FR, and they don't even look very good. Your custom trainers sprites are very good, better than anything I could ever do.

I absolutely love your story, but don't you think if your in a new region you should have a new antagonist team? But, that's just my two cents.

I really can't wait to play this hack, and as the others said, I really hope the maps improve, if they do I'm sure this hack could be popular. :)

Pokemonguy1990

Years
  • The above two statements are true, I love how you kept original tiles because I really don't like it when people start using D/P tiles in FR, and they don't even look very good. Your custom trainers sprites are very good, better than anything I could ever do.

I absolutely love your story, but don't you think if your in a new region you should have a new antagonist team? But, that's just my two cents.

I really can't wait to play this hack, and as the others said, I really hope the maps improve, if they do I'm sure this hack could be popular. :)

Thank you,

As far as the new team, i never gave it much thought. I'm still early enough to make the change. I will give that some serious consideration, Thank you.

I'm sure this hack could be popular.

wow, That just boosted my ego a couple notches. lol, I'd love for this to gain decent popularty, that's the kind of thing i've neede to hear.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • Seems like a nice hack. A few thing you could work on is the mapping a little bit, but mostly the sprites. They're essentially just recolors and sticking trianer parts on eachother. If your going to do it that way, at least do it so much that it's not even noticable. :P

Pokemonguy1990

Years
  • Seems like a nice hack. A few thing you could work on is the mapping a little bit, but mostly the sprites. They're essentially just recolors and sticking trianer parts on eachother. If your going to do it that way, at least do it so much that it's not even noticable. :P

I do need to work on those, they were tests that i've done, but I've grown akawardly fond of them. I'm going to try and improve upon them, once i figure out a few current issues i'm experiancing

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The amount of potential in this is extraordinary. I feel like the original tiles are good because they draw away from the emphasis of the flashy graphics and fakemon that have become increasingly popular, and instead force people to admire the mapping and storyline. Keep up the good work.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'm with everyone here on original tiles. It's more natural than trying to spruce up a hack with goregous tiles as a sellling point. Okay, there are a couple here, but those are worthy of such things.
    Anywho, I LOVE the story. Stone-based evolution, huh? That's something I definitely have not heard in a hack before, and that my good sir, is originalilty. The region is looking nice as well.
    Also, improving on your mapping skills is a surefire way to making this hack stand out, like what xoax and others have said. This could possibly be Hack of the Month sometime this year if you have the dedication and commitment.
    Good luck man and Happy New Year! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    This looks good idk if you thought of this but if your making a cementery you should add the ghost pokemon there. Hopefully the cementery looks evil outdone zombies walking around lol

I will check this hack for sure

Goodluck

sigeru

Graphic artist(wannabe)
    Years
  • The storyline is really well established and it is great. From my experience good storylines usually lead to a very popular and sucessfull hack.
    In addition I got to complement your decision to use the original tiles (like many already mentioned).
    Many people do not realise it, however the Fire Red tile are done by the professionals and has a immense amount of effort into it. In other word Fire Red tiles are very high quality,therefore good.
    For the trainer sprites I recommend to do more carefull shading, and anti-alising.
    Also your trainer sprite with the red shirt(8th sprite) is out of proportion.
    The arm is too long and the leg is um..... too bulky I guess?
    The sholder is a little too wide as well.
    The trainer sprite with blonde hair and ripped jeans has such long legs!

Pokemonguy1990

Years
  • The storyline is really well established and it is great. From my experience good storylines usually lead to a very popular and sucessfull hack.
    In addition I got to complement your decision to use the original tiles (like many already mentioned).
    Many people do not realise it, however the Fire Red tile are done by the professionals and has a immense amount of effort into it. In other word Fire Red tiles are very high quality,therefore good.
    For the trainer sprites I recommend to do more carefull shading, and anti-alising.
    Also your trainer sprite with the red shirt(8th sprite) is out of proportion.
    The arm is too long and the leg is um..... too bulky I guess?
    The sholder is a little too wide as well.
    The trainer sprite with blonde hair and ripped jeans has such long legs!

Thank you, I never really gave thought to new tiles, i just really like the vibrance of the FR/LG tiles, it's how i pictured all pokemon games to be, simple and bright.

Thank you fro the tips on the Sprites, Those are the first one's i've made (ever) and altohugh i'm proud of them, i know they're far from good. give'n they are mostly splices, I was focusing more on the look alikes to my friends/family that they are based on. I will work on those.

thank you for you tips, and the compliments.

Back