• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PtGT] Volume 40 Cover Design

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
PkYRt.png

Should your art be featured on the cover of a magazine...or a manga?

Volume 40 Cover Design

As Volume 39 comes to a close, I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next volume to come out, volume 40. While it may not be out for a while, that's no reason we can't have a cover for it already! Let your creative juices flow and design us the best Volume 40 cover you can think up.

Rules, Man

Whether you're unsure what to do or are raring to design, read the rules!

1. One entry per user please!
2. The page can either be entirely hand-drawn or done using other images and Photoshop. However, if you use Photoshop and the images aren't your own, please link to the source.
3. Cover dimensions are generally the shorter side at 71% of the longer side. For example, some sample sizes would be 710 x 1000 or 498 x 700.
4. Don't make any covers smaller than 355x500. Any smaller than that and the detail becomes hard to see.

Timeline

This contest will run the entire length of the PtGT, which is reprinted here for your convenience. All times are in Eastern Time.

September 23, 12:00 AM
to
September 26, 11:59 PM

The judging will be completed by Friday, September 30.

Judging

There will be three judges for this event: moments., Machu Pichu, and Loki.. The judging will be three scores out of 10 averaged together for maximum fairness! When entering, keep in mind these factors:

-Originality
-Style
-How the cover would look on an actual manga

Prize

Of course, there will be an emblem for the one that wins!

6bDwq.png

Grand Designer
Are you sure you're not a mangaka? You blew us away with your Vol. 40 cover during the PtGT!​

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Okay, here's my entry: [link]

---

Just kidding. That was a 30-second draft. The finished version is
here and it took me six hours.

I used Manga Studio Demo Version and then finished it in Paint. I don't have a tablet and can't afford one either, so I drew it all on my mouse-my wrist aches. I would have put the Japanese letters in, too, but I couldn't be bothered in the end. :x

Sorry if the dimensions are weird.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well, since the entries are now closed, and there was a grand total of 1 entry, I think I can safely say that the winner is...

Truality!

Sorry about the lack of competition :( But congratulations, regardless of competition I still think your cover is really good! That Rotom especially is super accurate and cool-looking. :3

Back