• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • Pokémon: A Fresh Start​

johto.jpg

There are 0 spots open at the moment.

[ The Setting ]

The Pokémon world is animated, and Pokémon training is at its prime. The regions are bustling with kids and adults alike partaking in the activity of raising a team of Pokémon and battling other trainers, sometimes even gym leaders. Teenagers are encouraged to go on the journey, it has almost become like a necessity for growing up, especially after the law that was passed raising the minimum age a teen was allowed to go on his or her own journey. All in all, the regions thrived off of the Pokémon League.

All but one.

Johto was left out. After Professor Elm retired many years ago, there was no on to replace him, and Johto started falling in the shadow of other, more popular Pokémon training regions. Johto's teens still went on journeys, but they preferred to travel to Kanto or Sinnoh to do so. Quickly the region's Pokémon Gyms fell into ruins, Elm's old lab turned into a daycare, Pokémon Marts falling into bankruptcy left and right. The league was abandoned.

But Johto's economy suffered for it as well. The League offered a major income for a region, hundreds, perhaps thousands, of trainers from Johto or foreign regions running around, buying supplies, paying fees for their Trainer licenses and tournament entries, those were all gone. They didn't notice at first, but the region slowly sank into a recession. There was an attempt to recreate the league, dusting the old Gyms, but it was a chaotic and ultimately ineffective attempt. Before the project had been half a year old it all fell apart again.

Now, years after the last attempt, the Government decided to try again. Not cutting back on the costs they fully dived into resurrecting the Johto Pokémon League to its full glory. It took two years, building new Gyms, setting up Pokémon Marts and Centers in every town and, of course, creating a brand new Stadium and the formation of a new League Association. Most Gym leaders were contracted from other regions, with a few ex-Trainers from Johto inbetween. They approached a Johto-native Professor to be the head of Pokémon distribution, a certain Professor Sequoia residing in Blackthorn City.

The Johto Region was ready for its comeback.

[ And Now You ]

You are a teen ready for their Pokémon journey. You might be from Johto, or you might be from a different region, curious about the much-talked-about new Johto League. This might be your first Pokémon Journey, or perhaps you've already travelled another region.

Whoever you are, you will travel to Blackthorn City to begin your journey of Johto. You will strive to collect all 8 Gym badges and participate in the Tournament to become Johto's star champion.

[ The Peculiarities ]

A few things have changed from the old Johto:

-Different Pokémon. The original biomes of Johto have been a little disturbed since decades ago due to many a Pokémon being released into the wild, this makes the fauna more diverse than it's been before.

-The Technology. Obviously, as this is set some decades in the future, there's going to be some new technology. Since Johto's recession they haven't advanced as quickly as the other regions (so characters from other regions should be prepared to face technology that is, for them, a little out-dated) they will still be more advanced than you're used to.

-Cities and Towns are going to have changes quite a bit, as well as routes. I will describe each setting as we get there and give you all the changes.

-The route. Professor Sequoia's laboratory's in Blackthorne city, and from there you will advance just about backwards than what you're used to, to keep things interesting.

[ The Technicalities ]

-All standard PC rules apply, and no godmodding/bunnying.

This roleplay is rated K+.

-As the GM, my word is final, there might be some things you disagree with, and I invite you to question me and ask things, but I shall always have the final say. I also reserve the right to kick you out if you're not active enough, though I will give you plenty of warning. Getting more than one or two chapters behind will get you a warning.

-This roleplay will be done in chaptered form. Pokémon will have levels according to Bulbapedia's level list, although I might reward great posts with TM's or unusual level-ups, so strive for originality!

-The Pokémon will have a 7-move maximum.

-When catching Pokémon, end your post with the ball shacking. I will label the wild Pokémon with their rarity, and unless it's labeled as "very rare" I will likely not refuse the capture. However, the better your post is, the higher the lever, or perhaps it will receive an egg-move or useful item. Also please check with me first before attempting a shiny-capture.

-Reservations lasts for 24 hours.

-If you are inactive for over a week without giving me a reason for such, I will remove you from the roleplay without warning.

-Have fun, this is a rule.

[ The Companions ]

Spoiler:

[ The Sheet ]

Name: [First and last]
    Appearance: [2 Paragraph Min]

Personality: [2 Paragraph Min]

History: [2 Paragraph Min]

Starter:

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I rped in Johto. Reserve me a spot. And do we start with those available starters or with the character's other pokemon (like Turtwig (starter) or Magmar (other))?

hero11

Victini Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    I will like to reserve a Spot, with Oshawott please.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • I finally found a Rp that fits my taste :D.Please reserve me a spot with Sewaddle. I'll have my SU done later or tomorrow as i have an exam tomorrow so i have to study some more :cer_shifty:.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @TiTaN.JuStIn: Sorry I forgot to put that in there, you'll be starting with just your starter, as a fresh start (see what I did there?) So it's Turtwig for you?

@Hero11: Alright, reserved you are. <b>Reservations last for 24 hours</b>.

@romdinner: That's just fine, school goes before roleplays after all, and good luck on your exams!

@Aquataris: Of course you may, as long as he/she leaves their old team at home.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • Okay. And I'll take Turtwig as my starter. Oh, I'm sorry, but could you please extend my reservation? I have exams tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, so I have to study a lot. I'll post the SU as soon as possible.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • That's alright, just submit it as soon as you can, and be sure to do well on the exams (:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @fantasykisala: Sure thing, you've got 24 hours to get your application in.

hero11

Victini Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Name: Kiro Magenta

Appearance:
    Kiro has light blue eyes and brown hair. His skin is "white" colored and he has a scar on his cheek. He wears a blue and green knit hat, like the one Dawn has. He has a small nose and a normal size mouth. He has normal length hair for the most part and has only one eye visible, as his other is covered by his hair. He also has long side burns down the sides of his ears.
    Kiro's clothes consist of a long-sleeve shirt and sweat pants. Kiro also wears a Black cloak in addition to his clothes. On the front of his shirt, it says "Rocking" and on the back it has a silhouette of a Pichu face with the word "Pichu" under it. His shirt is the colors Yellow and Red. His sweat pants are the color blue and have several water drops printed around it for the design. He wears black shoes and socks as well.

History:
    Kiro hails from the Orre Region, in Phenac City, which is where he was born and lived for most of his life. He got his first Pokémon at the age of 9 and began battling in the Stadiums. He had many friends and met more every time he battled. He eventually decided to take on the Mt. Battle challenge. Which he decided to take at the age of 11; though he failed, he kept on training. One day he went out for a causal ride on his scooter to pick up some supplies for his family. But when he returned home, he found the police force at his home. He was allowed into his home to find his family as well as none of his Pokémon in sight. The Police told him that his family was in a better place. Kiro ran away from his house in sadness, anger, and emotions he could not understand; forever changed.
    He was given his Mom's Pokégear and a Pokémon one month after he had recovered from the devastation he had to deal with. With most of his old personality gone, he proceeded to catch and train more Pokémon that he could get. And he completed Mt. Battle a year later. Now 13, he decided he needed to complete the hardest challenge in Orre, the Orre Coliseum. He trained for months and eventually was able to compete in the challenge. He completed it after several failed attempts, yet, felt no satisfaction. He kept on training even after he had completed it. Kiro became the strongest trainer in Orre. </SPAN>
    He finally turned 14 and heard about the Johto League restarting. Kiro had never heard of a League before, but he decided this was his ticket to leave the region. Before doing so, he released his Pokémon, deeming himself not worthy for their company to the region and that he needed a new start. He bought a ticket with all the money he had earned from the countless battles and took last look at his home before leaving… He arrived in Blackthorn City days later, marveling the more simple technology.
    Personality:
    Kiro used to be an over achiever. He used to not hate anything and love everyone and everything. He never took a Pokémon battle too far, and he always cares for his Pokémon. He was always cheerful and always kept a happy look on his face. He always went on with a smile on his face. Kiro loved Pokémon battles because he thought of them as way to improve himself and his Pokémon. He thought his life could not get any better.
    After the tragedy though, he drastically changed. He became depressed and developed hatred against humans who abuse Pokémon and anyone who supported them. After this, he lost almost all of his friends and isolated himself from everyone except those who he battled, and isolated himself from them after the battle ended. He began to care for Pokémon even more then he originally had and believed they deserved more than what they were given, but lived with the life set by others with regret. He lost all happiness and just lives because he says "Death seems more horrifying."
    Starter: Oshawott
    I hope this is good enough.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Name: Tobias Claire

Appearance: A tall and lanky trainer with brown hair almost to his shoulders. He is lightly tanned, with calm green eyes. He is well known to wear his orange beanie which covers the top of his head. He often wears a green vest with an orange shirt underneath. He wears his satchel filled with pokemon care kits, as well as other basic health care items.

He wears bandages on his hands and fore arm to hide burn scars received at a young age, revealing only his fingers. He wears the typical dark blue jeans, with a pocket specifically made for holding pokeballs.

Personality: Calm and soft spoken, Tobias doesn't think much of himself. He gets nervous in large crowds, and avoids speaking to people he doesn't know well if he can. However, he can sometimes be very talkative around people he trusts. He'll do nearly anything for someone he cares about.

Despite his calm nature, he is very protective of people (and pokemon) he cares about. He can go from being calm to being angry should his friends be threatened. His pet peeves include large crowds and loud people. He enjoys camp fires and jazz, however.

History: At a young age Tobias's father had a terrible drinking habit. Despite his mother's best efforts to keep Tobias and his father apart, his destructive father had scalded Tobias's palms and lower arms with boiling cooking water before being dragged away by police.

This scalding water left visible burn marks, so Tobias has chosen to wear bandages. He and his mother moved to Fallarbor town in Hoenn. They lived there until they could afford to send Tobias to the Johto region; at the age of 17 to begin his first pokemon journey.

Starter: Drifblim

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Ally Whindin
    Appearance: Ally has light brown hair with a light pink streak through the front of it and her hair is normally up in a high ponytail but when it is down it goes to her mid back and it is slightly wavy. Her light brown eyes are hidden by brown oval glasses. Her body build is average but a little on the smaller side. Her weight is 140 lbs and she is 5'4". Her hips are one of her better features and her bust is B 36.

Her belly shirt is light pink with black flowers along the neck on the left side, with long sleeves. She is wearing black pants that go to her ankles which show off her legs. Her gloves are elbow length and fingerless, pink and black stripes. She wears pink tear drop earrings and a pink bracelet that is interlocking. Her shoes are pink high heels and have a black bow on the side of them.

Personality: Ally is a quiet girl that normally doesn't get upset because it takes a while to upset her. She always has a smile on her face and loves making friends with anyone that she can. She tends to see the good inside of everyone even if no one else can. She is normally though of as a push over because of her kind and caring personality but she will put up a fight if she has to. She loves playing with pokemon and raising them because they always seem to bring the best out in people. Her main pet peeve is people abusing their pokemon or only picking pokemon because of their stats.

She loves spicy and sour foods along with pizza but she hates chocolate because it puts her to sleep. She loves cute pokemon or pokemon that look cool, such as Joltik and all of the eevees, but she hates ugly pokemon such as Purugly or ones that are worthless such as Magikarp. She loves the colors pink and black and doesn't really hate any color. Under pressure she will defend her pokemon with her life to make sure that they aren't hurt, also she will go off on someone if they upset or anger her enough and she is no longer soft spoken.

History: Ally grew up in Unvona until she was ten when her family moved to the Johto region because they wanted some place that was a bit quieter. They raised her to love pokemon as they had a pokemon day care center in the local town. She spent most days playing with pokemon and helping out at the daycare center. One day, she went to Blackthorn city to see the Professor Sequoia and she decided to choose Joltik out of all the pokemon the professor had to choose from. She was so happy to have her own pokemon and decided to tell her parents about it.

Her parents where happy when they found out that the professor had given her a pokemon of her own. She asked if she could go on a journey with her pokemon so that she could learn more about them. She plans to become a professor or a breeder after she goes on her journey to beat all of the gyms and the elite four.

Starter: Joltik

((Hope this is ok.))

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Hero11: There are quite a few things I don't like about your character. He has a high-Gary-Stu factor with him losing his parents for no apparent reason, going on to become the strongest trainer in his region and he's just too angsty, that's just not very believable. And a month is quite a short time to recover from the death of ones parents, especially for a kid like him. Also I'd like you to refrain from describing things as "normal". Normal is relative. For example my idea of normal male hair would not be long enough to cover the eyes.

Lastly please be sure to separate paragraphs properly for easy reading. I'll give you one chance to revamp your sign-up if you wish, though mind that I would like to see a bit more fleshed-out appearance-section as well.

@DJYosh: Sure thing, you're reserved for 24 hours.

@fantasykisala: You're going the right way, I'd just like you to flesh out the sections a little more, give some more insight. I'll give you some leads for each section.

Appearance: First thing is just a tip, try to get your sentences to flow more. In this section it feels like you're listing things more than discribing them, you can combine features into sentences. For example "Her eye color is light brown."and "She wears brown oval shaped glasses." could become "Her eyes are a light-brown colour, shown behind a pair of brown, oval-shaped glasses."

As for specificity, how long is her hair? What does her shirt look like, is it a t-shirt, or one with long sleeves? And what kind of pants does she have, shorts? Or capris? Don't just rely on the image, you need to tell me about your character.

Personality: Are there things she dislikes? Pet peeves she has? Maybe describe how she acts under pressure?

History: The only thing here is that she receives her Pokemon from Professor Sequoia in Blackthorne City.

hero11

Victini Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Ok, I'll try again. But I'll need some time to develop the character more. I'll try to make it better as quick as I possible for me.
    Also, I am completely rewriting his history and personality, and editing his apperance.

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Could you please reserve Meowth for me? :D EDIT: Here's my SU. :)

Name: Isobelle Tyrone

Appearance:
    Isobelle is a petite young woman, due to all the time she spent swimming alongside the young Pokemon bred by her parents, which she sees as the best form of exercise for anyone. As a result, her skin has an obvious sun influenced tan, due to all the time she spends outdoors. Her hair is a light brown colour which stops just below her shoulders. She prefers to keep it out of her face in a pony tail. Her hair colour is similar to her brown hazel eyes. She also prefers a natural approach when it comes to makeup - wearing none. She has never like the idea of caking on layers of foundation - it would all come off in the water anyway.

One will frequently find Isobelle wearing a white top with the sleeves stopping around her elbows combined with faded blue denim shorts which cut off well above the knee. She prefers jandals but pulled out a decent pair of walking boots which have a earthly colouring, encasing her feet up to her ankles for the trip to Blackthorn. She has two piercings in her ear lobes, one hole filled with a small navy blue jewelled stud and the other with a small silver stud in the shape of a Pokeball. She also carries with her a navy blue backpack which only has one opening with a zip, in which she has packed all the essentials, including a dark purple rain jacket, a blue knitted sweater which has small gold clasps on the left shoulder and a pair of dark navy blue trackpants with a white stripe running up each side of the leg which are more like tights in appearance than anything.​

Personality:
    Isobelle is usually seen as a reserved but helpful person, always offering a hand in a quiet manner. She is a contrast to the bubbly personality of her younger brother Mathey. From having spent a lot of her time with her brother, she is empathetic to younger children, suggesting to her parents that maybe once she had finished studying she should be training as a teacher or something similar. Despite being somewhat reserved, she has a lot of confidence in herself and her abilities, which should not be confused as showing off. She knows her limits but has confidence in herself, enough that she will not be afraid to speak up if her morals are being violated.
    Whilst she has a lot of confidence, she does not succeed at all she tries her hand at. She is often a little forgetful and sometimes interprets things wrong. The one thing she is consistent with however is her school work. One would call her quite intelligent, with the ability to pick up new concepts with ease. Her preferred subject is science, in particular, biology and evolution.

Isobelle can be extremely stubborn however, which is one of her obvious faults. Her stubborness is, admittedly, what made her father talk her into Pokemon training, seeing that she no longer had any desire to work for their breeding center (see history). He also knows that it is this trait that will help Isobelle get through the next few months of training.
    Isobelle's love for water type Pokemon surpasses any other type. From birth, her life has revolved around the type, her favourite being the Poliwhirl species. She is totally confident with being in the water and is also fine with being around Pokemon, unafraid of the immense powers they potentially hold.​

History:
    Isobelle, also referred to as 'Belle' or 'Izzy', the latter of which she does not prefer, grew up on the island of Cianwood. The Tyrone's, which consisted of her two parents, Isobelle herself and her younger brother Mathey, inherited their family's tradition of running a Water type Pokemon breeding center. It was a common practise in this part of the region, with Cianwood being an island itself and the infamous Whirl Islands being so close. Water was everywhere and so where the Pokemon.

Nowadays, there are only a handfull of breeding centers left who specialise in this type. With the current economic situation Johto was facing, the Tyrones were barely able to keep the center going. No one really had use for quality bred and raised Pokemon anymore. Isobelle's mother stopped working for their breeding center and started working long hours in the Pokemart instead, to try and make ends meet. Both Isobelle and Mathey tried their hardest to find the odd job around the city but there wasn't much the seventeen and fourteen year olds could do.

Whilst Mathey moped about the lack of Pokemon infants bred at their parents' center, Isobelle funnelled her frustration into her studies, taking on the opinion that the center could no longer be truly saved and flourish once more like it did when she was younger. Although it was only a couple of years ago that she'd wanted nothing more than to take over the center from her parents, she decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Isobelle had never even considered Pokemon training until her father suggested to her she apply for the new intake located in Blackthorn city. Hesitant at first, Isobelle was quickly tiring of spending so much time with her head in a textbook and so she agreed to her father's idea. Whilst her mother had to maintain her job at the Pokemart, Isobelle and her father decided they'd take the trip to Blackthorn together, with her father's Poliwhirl for company. As nervous as she was, Isobelle was intrigued by the idea of training. Although she'd frequently assisted her parents with nursing new born Pokemon and getting them accustomed to human contact, not once had she ever participated in a battle. It wasn't really her thing. Or was it?​

Starter: Meowth

Last edited:

Teawanee

Fire-Type Trainer
    Years
  • I was wondering if there was any way I could get a vulpix as a starter? If not, thats ok, i'd just really like to have vulpix if i could.

hero11

Victini Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    I tried my best for this.

Name: Kiro Magenta

Appearance:
    Kiro has light blue eyes and his hair color is Black. His skin is "white" colored and he has a scar on his cheek. He wears a blue and green knit hat, similar to the one Dawn wears. He has a small nose and a medium size mouth. He has medium long hair with only one eye visible, as his other is covered by his hair. His hair also has a medium thickness to it.

Kiro's clothes consist of a long-sleeve shirt and sweat pants. Kiro also wears a Black cloak in addition to his clothes. On the front of his shirt, it says "Rocking" and on the back it has a silhouette of a Pichu face with the word "Pichu" under it. His shirt is the colors Yellow and Red. His sweat pants are the color blue and have several water drops printed around it for the design. He wears black shoes and socks as well.

History:
    Kiro comes from the Region of Unova and was born in Nimbasa City. His childhood hero was Todd Snap, and this eventually leads Kiro to become a Pokémon Photographer. Of course he battles and owns Pokémon on the side, but his main goal is to take Pictures for anyone willing to hire him and pay him. His parents support him and his choice. He started when he was 8, and has been called a child prodigy at photographing.

Now he is 14 and his skills have grown. He still isn't the best photographer, but he got hired by Unova's newspaper companies and news sites to head to Johto and photograph the place and its new league. Kiro originally objected to doing this due to him having to compete in the league and having to take non-Pokémon pictures , but they persuaded him by informing him of the new Pokémon there. Reluctantly, he agreed. They paid for his flight to Johto and got him over quickly. They told him to start in Blackthorn City to pick up a starter Pokémon. After his arrival, he headed to Blackthorn City.

Personality:
    Kiro is a kind and caring young man, as well as brave. He cares for all Pokémon and all people, good or evil. He will help any Pokémon, no matter how big, small, wild, or reluctant. He prefers to settle things peacefully and sees violence as a last resort. His brain always tries to find creative ways out of things. He also believes in a no secrets policy and will revile big secrets to people if needed.

He is also brave and courageous. He will approach a bunch of legendary Pokémon head on to get Pictures that he needs. He will never back down when he is asked to do something unless it is against his morals or what he normally does. He knows right from wrong, and when he does something wrong, he feels extremely guilty for it.

Starter: Oshawott

Back