• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
  • Update 2 :

Rustboro city, the city with Devon in it!
    After some travel, Rustboro is in sight!
    I trained a bit before challenging Roxanne, She was a breeze anyway!
    Some TEam AQua grunt decided to mess with Devon, so i kicked his butt!
    I got the reward, the POkeNav.....
    Battled May, so on and so on...
    Then I went to Dewford! I couldn't beat Brawly, so I met with Steven first! Then Itrained more. After all that I couldn't beat BRawly, so I went ahead to Slateport!
    Beat MORE Aquas and beat Brawly, I used Soda's, YAY!
    Brawly = Cheat
    He always OHKOed my guys before Ao went to Lv 20

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    "Milotic, Torterra, Accelgor, Audino, Honchkrow and Chandelure!"

That's a great team, I'll get started tonight!

@Sammu: Was the intent that all 16 badges should be collected? 'cause I kinda feel like I'm abusing your exact words to skip out on half the challenge.

Also, with Accelgor and Milotic, is it okay if I just hack them in already evolved? Since I can't trade and I'm not familiar with how hacking B/W to change evolution methods goes. Obviously I'd be keeping them as last minute 'trump cards' after everyone else has fainted because frankly, they'd be overpowered for the first few gyms.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    "Milotic, Torterra, Accelgor, Audino, Honchkrow and Chandelure!"

That's a great team, I'll get started tonight!

@Sammu: Was the intent that all 16 badges should be collected? 'cause I kinda feel like I'm abusing your exact words to skip out on half the challenge.

Also, with Accelgor and Milotic, is it okay if I just hack them in already evolved? Since I can't trade and I'm not familiar with how hacking B/W to change evolution methods goes. Obviously I'd be keeping them as last minute 'trump cards' after everyone else has fainted because frankly, they'd be overpowered for the first few gyms.

Umm... well, I guess the original intent was to get all 16 badges, but I've already added you to the Champions list now, so don't feel you have to. The main aim of the challenge has been met already, given that you've used the Pokemon you hadn't had a chance to use before.

As for hacking, yeah that's fine. They would be a little on the strong side for the first few gyms, but don't feel like you can't use them. This challenge is meant to be on the lenient/fun side, so there's plenty of leeway.

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Well, okay. If you say so. In other news, I has an update! And two random ideas I may continue with or may drop. Not sure yet.

I started the game, chose the female trainer and named myself Tachi. I chose Oshawott as my starter for HM reasons. I battled Cheren and Bianca, ruining my room in the process. I went downstairs and got my x-transciever. Visited Bianca's house, where her father was worried about letting his only daughter out into a world full of man-eating coffins and ship sinking jellyfish. What an unreasonable jerk. Am I right?

I visited Professor Juniper and got my pokedex. When I left the lab, I recieved a town map from my mum. Heading onto Route 1 we got the obligatory catching tutorial and then I got to work. I hacked my team in at level five before heading to the next town.

WHY THE HELL DO I NEED A POKEMON CENTER TUTORIAL!? Ahem...I mean...Do Game Freak think the fans of their famous, ridiculously popular game series are getting dumber over time?

Anyway, after that I went out to the center of town and saw Ghetsis giving a speech. He seems pretty cool. And he's definitely not the main villain. That would be silly.

I battled N. Turtwig almost beat him, but had to switch out just shy of the final blow.

Murkrow: Achievement Unlocked: First Blood: Get the first KO.
    KO Stealer: Switch in and KO against an opponent in the red.

After healing up, I headed out onto the next route, where I recieved some running shoes and battled Bianca. The battle went fairly well...

Audino: Achievement Unlocked: Totally still an award: Be the first to faint.

Going into Striaton City, I healed up and went to the obligatory trainer school where I battled Cheren. As expected, he wasn't much of a challenge.

I went into the gym and battled Cilan. After beating his Lillipup, I realised something, I gave the 'serious' rival the starter that half my team is super effective against. Oops. Um, anyway, the battle went fairly smoothly and I got my Trio Badge.

Achievement Unlocked: Make it...triple?: Get the Trio Badge.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • EGGS !!
    -That stupid egg hatched into Pichu. Got miffed ,going to have to get the Tyrogue from the Dojo master in that cave.
    -Headed toward Olivine City.
    -Arrived in Olivine, did the Lighthouse thing.
    -Caught a Surf Slave Krabby
    -Surfed to Cianwood City.
    -Fought Eusine, then went to take on the gym.
    -Defeated Chuck using Avatar's Headbutt against Primeape & LadyPawnch's ThunderPunch against Poliwrath.Got the Storm Badge and the Dynamic Punch TM

TEAM REPORT
    Spoiler:

Tachikaze-Did Ariados surpass your expectations ? Because Ledian and Ariados both don't get a lotta love, yet Ledian is doing great for me :)

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • After a battle that I aced with my rival May, I proceeded to travelling beneath the cycling road. Nobody liked that place, full of paralyzing pokemon and stuff.....
    Anyway I entered Mauville and immediately trained my pokemon.
    Momo the Snubull finally evolved into the grander Granbull, Yay! :)
    After sufficiently training my pokemon, I quit training for a while and challenged the gym. The gym leader Wattson proved to be a challenge.
    I mean, my usual team would have had a Combusken there, so I had to reset my plan. The final plan came out to be: For the first few guys, use Granbull and knock 'em out real quick. then fight Magneton with Grovyle and Hitmontop. The Manectric would be fought with whatever I had left.
    But it turned better on the very first turn! Voltorb used Self Destruct! Barely damaged Momo. I call that, the useless kamikaze attack!
    Turns out that this team requires significantly more training time than usual

Afterwards, I picked up my servant (thought saying a slave is to..... harsh), Poochyena. Thought it Rock Smash

Current Team and My assesment:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Tiny update

Steel Shtuff
    -Got Fly
    -Swam back to Olivine.
    -Gave the medicine to Amphy and went to challenge Olivine Gym Leader.
    -Defeated Jasine using Avatar's Double Kick on Both Magnemites and a team effort finishing with LadyPawnch's Ice Punch on Steelix.

No team update cause I didn't do much.

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    @Kimbo: Definitely!

-blahblahblahcutblahblahblahdreammistblahblahblahlolfourthwall
    -Went to the dreamyard, couldn't take 5 steps without Bianca opening her mouth
    -OHMYGOD THE KNIGHTS THAT WANTED EVERYONE TO RELEASE THEIR POKEMON IN A POKEMON GAME ARE EVIL! O:
    -Curbstomping ensues
    -Got the C-Gear and an unskippable tutorial >.<
    -Beat up kindergarteners for their lunch money
    -Beat Cheren, the kindergarteners were more trouble
    -For some reason let a group of Team Plasma grunts pass, found out they stole a girl's pokemon
    -Beat up the grunts, returned the pokemon
    -Headed to Nacrene
    -Grinding forever!
    -Beat N easily
    -Museum tour! I bet that the only item he said is nothing special isn't a plot device, that'd just be silly...
    -Turtwig evolved in the last gym trainer battle
    -Beat Lenora. Accelgor got beaten by Herdier, which proceeded to get defeated by Milotic. Grotle got Watchog down to 1HP before fainting. >.< Audino went out and got put to sleep immediately and was knocked out before she woke up. Milotic went out and finished it off.
    -Team Plasma showed up and stole a dragonite skull

Team:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sooo I'm only gonna list Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex I have always wanted to use, if that's alright. :)

Name: Sydian
    Game: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (I'll decide once I see the team I end up with, however it will most likely be Emerald. I am able to trade between these games, so don't worry about any version exclusive stuff! I'll be able to obtain whatever you give me.)
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Number required: 6!
    Any specific requirements?: Um, all I ask is that my team be balanced and that I have something, don't care what type, that can AT LEAST use Flamethrower. It's my favorite move, therefore I gotta have it. :P

Thanks in advance! Been itching to do this challenge for a while now and now I finally have the time for it. :D

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Sooo I'm only gonna list Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex I have always wanted to use, if that's alright. :)

Name: Sydian
    Game: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (I'll decide once I see the team I end up with, however it will most likely be Emerald. I am able to trade between these games, so don't worry about any version exclusive stuff! I'll be able to obtain whatever you give me.)
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Number required: 6!
    Any specific requirements?: Um, all I ask is that my team be balanced and that I have something, don't care what type, that can AT LEAST use Flamethrower. It's my favorite move, therefore I gotta have it. :P

Thanks in advance! Been itching to do this challenge for a while now and now I finally have the time for it. :D

Give it a go with:

Torkoal (Flamethrower)
    Starmie
    Grumpig
    Swalot
    Rhydon
    Banette

Hope it's ok that you don't have a Fly Pokemon - you can always pick up a Taillow and keep it just for Fly purposes if you need. Enjoy!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thanks! I usually don't have a Flier anyway, so it's no big deal. Question though, since Gulpin is so far away, is it alright to use other Pokemon I listed up until the point I can get the team I'm assigned? I mean, I could trade over an egg or two since everything is so far off, but it's a bit of a hassle. So yeah, is it alright to use, say, Zigzagoon, Makuhita, and Slakoth for the beginning up until I can get a Gulpin?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Thanks! I usually don't have a Flier anyway, so it's no big deal. Question though, since Gulpin is so far away, is it alright to use other Pokemon I listed up until the point I can get the team I'm assigned? I mean, I could trade over an egg or two since everything is so far off, but it's a bit of a hassle. So yeah, is it alright to use, say, Zigzagoon, Makuhita, and Slakoth for the beginning up until I can get a Gulpin?

You might as well just switch in Linoone for Gulpin in that case :)

Years
  • N-Ice Men
    -Headed into Mt Mortar.
    -Whilst in their King Ted evolved into Ursaring.
    -Arrived in Mahogany, healed, trained a little,did story stuff.
    -Caught Red Gyarados (HM Slave)
    -Did the Team Rocket Base.
    -Mom sent me a Moon Stone
    -Evolved Avatar into Nidoqueen.
    -Took on the Gym
    -Defeated Pryce using King Ted's Strength on Seel and Dewgong and LadyPawnch's Hidden Power on Piloswine.Got the Icy Wind TM and the badge.

Next Part I should catch 2 new team members.

TEAM REPORT
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Name: Rafael
    Game: Emerald
    List of Pokemon that got away: Pikachu, Eevee, Ditto, Dratini, Wailmer, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple, Ralts, Abra, Shroomish, Nincada, Nosepass, Azurill, Skitty, Zubat, Aron, Meditit, Minun, Plusle, Numel, Wynut
    Number required: 4
    Any specific requirements: Surf and fly please

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Name: Rafael
    List of Pokemon that got away: Pikachu, Eevee, Ditto, Dratini, Wailmer, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple, Ralts, Abra, Shroomish, Nincada, Nosepass, Azurill, Skitty, Zubat, Aron, Meditit, Minun, Plusle, Numel, Wynut
    Number required: 4
    Any specific requirements: Surf and fly please

Try it with... Pikachu, Aron, Azurill and Zubat. Hopefully you can obtain the Pikachu through trades, otherwise you have to wait till the Safari Zone... if that's not OK then switch Shroomish in for Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Wait can i still evolve them?? And is it ok if I hack my starter so I get Pichu as my starter instead???

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Wait can i still evolve them?? And is it ok if I hack my starter so I get Pichu as my starter instead???

Yes and yes :) You can evolve and hack as much as you like. This is a pretty lenient "challenge" - it's really designed to give you an opportunity to clear out your PC boxes of all those Pokemon you never got round to raising.

Years
  • Kiss a Dragon
    -Went looking for team member #4.
    -Turns out Remoraid is only in this game via a swarm ! So can I be given a new team member for the elite 4 please.
    -Made my way through Ice Path, so I can get Waterfall and Jynx.
    -Caught my Jynx, called it Valance. (Holly Valance-Kiss Kiss remains the greatest music video EVER!)
    -Arrived in Blackthorn, then travelled all the way back to Goldenrod City.
    -Did the Radio Tower story line.
    -Defeated Silver (forgot about this fight) using King Ted's Strength against Sneasal, Feraligatr and Golbat, and Mud Slap against Haunter and Magnemite.
    -Continued on the Rocket Radio Tower Story Line.
    -Completed the Story Line, went to get Tyrougue.
    -Need the Blackthorn Gym Badge to get Tyrogue, so went to take on the Black Thorn gym.
    -Defeated Claire using Valance's Ice Punch against Dragonair #1,Kingdra, Dragonair #2 and Dragonair #3.
    -Did the Dragons Den quest stuff, got the Legend Badge and DragonBreath TM.

TEAM REPORT
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Normally I update sooner, but oh well. Here we go.

RSE_PokemonRangerM.png

Player: Mark
    Badges: 3

Spr_3e_264.gif

Cameron / Linoone (m) lv. 32
    Headbutt, Secret Power, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes

Spr_3e_324.gif

Alphabet / Torkoal (f) lv. 28 @ Exp. Share
    Ember, Body Slam, Protect, Smokescreen

Meant to get rid of Smokescreen for Protect instead of getting rid of Curse. :( Anyway, we're on our way to Fallarbor Town.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back