• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love is blind?

Years
Here's one of my philosophic poems. Deep thought about a deep feeling.

Love is blind

Love is blind?
It sure is!
Or would be,
If that would matter at all.

But does it really?
Isn't it the truth,
When the shiny light
Brightens everything around it,
And thus,
The formerly so dark,
So shadowy creatures
Once begin toturn their backs
From the grip of evil,
And by the shiny light,
They forced to close their eyes,
And see that richness inside,
What they always ignored,
When they believed,
That they see "clearly"
In their real world?

And is that blindness
A foolish belief,
Of an unaware adventurer,
When he's about to face
His impending destiny?

Or is it an action,
That the satisfied child does,
When after a long day,
Knowing his safety,
Travels to the heaven of dreams
In the arms of his caring mother.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Love. You have quite an interesting piece. It got me thinking a bit, especially after I read it for the fifth time. I guess I can't really look for more in this poem. It looked fine, except there are a few typos here and there.

Love is blind?
It sure is!
Actually, right here, I thought the exclamation point was off. I mean it looked out of place in comparison to the overall theme of your poem. Then again, now that I think about it, love has downsides and upsides. It gives you joy, happiness, depression, etc. It's so many emotions into one. It's so complicated isn't it?

The formerly so dark,
So shadowy creatures
I thought that the bolded so was a bit unnecessary. So-dark is kind of... well... weird, I guess. Sorry I used "weird" for a lack of a better word. I think if you just took out the bolded so, the flow would be easier.

Once begin toturn their backs
And I think this is a typo. It should be two words, "to turn".

That they see "clearly"
In their real world?
Something funny happened with "clearly". I see some kind of double-comma punctuation mark, and it's odd. Sorry, had to say it.

Overall, I liked it, especially the last stanza. It conveys feelings as well as questions and that's always a good thing with poems.

Back