• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pangaea Region

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This looks really interesting and I've been wanting to join the RPs on this website :3 Hopefully, if there is still space, I can write up a character by the end of the week :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I'm sorry SwiftSign, for now all the spots or taken or double-reserved. If you want I could let you know if a spot does open up the future C:

Overworld sprites might not be such a bad idea, though for now I'll keep it for when it gets to that (this is prettier haha). I'll definitely keep it in mind though.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Here's my sign up :D

Name: Carlos Fierro

Appearance: Carlos stands at 5'9" and weighs 145 pounds. His body is well built, a majority of his appendages being well toned. The muscles are more visible on his lower body. His skin is a tone similar to those of the Mediterranean. His hair is thick and an average colour of brown. He styles it similarly to a mop. His eyes are a dull brown colour, and his nose is similar to that of your average seventeen year old male. His lips are rather thin, and they are home to the sparkling white teeth Carlos possesses.

Carlos can often be seen sporting a plain green t-shirt, with the circular collar being white along with a pair of black, skinny jeans. His feet are usually covered by a pair of white socks, which in turn are covered by a pair of green, high-top converse. He also has a one-strap, black backpack which carries all of his supplies. In times when athleticism is needed, Carlos exchanges his jeans for a pair of white, sporting shorts and his converse for a pair of white running shoes with a black trim. These extra clothes are held within his bag.

Personality: Carlos is a highly spirited and determined youngster. He has strived to be the best at everything he has attempted. He experienced mainly successes, especially in sporting aspects, which has lead to him becoming somewhat arrogant, overconfident and cocky. In recent times, Carlos has become more irritating to those who are around him as he has currently decided that it would be a good idea to gloat about his achievements at any given opportunity. Carlos also attempts to be the joker in the pack, as he thinks that people will like him more if he makes them laugh. As a result, he often offends people to make his friends laugh. Carlos believes that he is more deserving of praise than anyone else, and whenever anyone else receives plaudits he often comments about what they did wrong. This is an example of Carlos putting others down in an attempt to make himself better.

Despite all his confidence and success in sport, Carlos isn't the brightest tool in the shed. He often makes stupid and reckless decisions which he often highly regrets after. His attitude is that of someone who lives in the now, and doesn't think out any of their actions- however these decisions often backfire on him. He thinks that nothing bad will ever happen to him, despite all the injuries and trouble he has previously inflicted on himself. This shows his poor ability to predict future circumstances and risks, a trait he has shown reluctance to improve. He often says that; 'There's no point living without surprises!' He is a person who takes life for granted, and also shares this feeling with many other things in the world including Pokémon and his friendships. However, he is a very strong believer in karma, so he always goes out of his way to do good deeds, another questionable decision.

History: Carlos was born into a lower-middle class family in the Orre region, more specifically Agate village. Carlos barely spent anytime with his father as his father was often working as a local farmer to provide for his family. Carlos's home was very traditional, with his mother doing a majority of the housework. While the rest of Carlos's siblings would rather neglect their mother, Carlos would often assist her in doing the housework. As a result, Carlos and his mother built up a truly strong relationship. As a child Carlos showed very good athleticism and when he wasn't helping his mother or at school, Carlos's father ensured that he would participate in every sport available in the village. At first, Carlos was reluctant to get involved, but once he began he obtained great joy from them. He was especially successful when it came to running and football. Carlos then began to spend less and less time with his mother in order to play sports.

When he turned sixteen, Carlos ran away from home without warning. He head to Pyrite town and got involved with a gang. He began to steal, fight and even assault people to impress his new 'friends.' He was eventually caught by the local police force, and was let off with a warning. However, this didn't stop Carlos, in fact he now thought he wouldn't get in trouble and would just be let off with another warning, showing his naivety. Not too long after, Carlos and five others broke into a house in the north of Pyrite town. Before they could begin taking items a man ran into the room and confronted Carlos's gang. Before Carlos could react, one of the boys in the gang darted towards the man and stabbed him in his chest. The man then let out a shout of pain, and a young child could be heard calling for their father. Carlos couldn't move as the rest of the young males fled, but was dragged out of the house by a fellow gang member. After that moment, Carlos left Pyrite town to return home after spending a year in Pyrite.

When he arrived back in Agate village, he seen that the murder of a man in Pyrite town inside his own house had taken place was all over the news. This made Carlos sick to his stomach. How could he have been part of such an evil act, and why did he give up his family to join the gang in the first place? However, Carlos acted as if he was oblivious to the news on the male. He spent all of his time with his family, eager to make up for time lost. One month after Carlos returned, his mother became violently ill and was taken to Phenac city for treatment, where she was accompanied by both Carlos and his older brother, Andrés. Carlos spent all his time with his mother while Andrés spent a lot of time out socializing with the locals. One month later, Carlos's mother took a turn for the worst. Carlos then went looking for his brother, and when he did he confronted him. Andrés defended his behaviour, however Carlos was having none of it. Not too long after, the hospital sent the bill to Carlos's home in Agate village. The bills were outrageous and the family couldn't pay them. Carlos was then unable to stay around his mother without breaking down in tears. Carlos then overheard two locals talking about the Pangaea region, and how Professor Cypress was giving away Pokémon. He decided this was his opportunity to earn money via. battling and send it to help contribute to his mothers medical bills. He set off to Pangaea after bading his mother farewell.

Starter: Algyem

What did the Greeks not wear?: Toga's, like a boss!

Roleplay sample: Just a quick sample from when I used to RP on a different site..
    Spoiler:

Let me know if any changes are needed :D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Turk - You're very accepted, I like how he is a man with a mission, or, well, boy haha. Welcome to the roleplay.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Thanks Swan, I'm assuming the roleplay has already started as there already a few posts. I'll get working on my first post soon.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Oh yes it has, though it's a roleplay that'll run on your pace C:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Name: Rebekah Argent
    Nickname: Argent, Silver, Bekah (she prefers either Argent or Silver because it was her nickname growing up especially with her silver hair, but she does respond to Rebekah or Bekah)
    Appearance: The first thing you make out on Rebekah is her sparkling silver hair. It is unusual, especially with her black-haired parents and black-haired brother. Because of that silver hair she was soon called Silver, or just called Argent (which actually does translate to Silver). And what adds onto her 'glowing' form is her extremely pale skin. Fit for someone living in the north, she resembles a spirit. It doesn't help to have stark blue eyes added onto that. So, some people consider her a unique human being based on those specific parts of her appearance alone.

And along comes her outfit. With ten years of living in Snowpoint City, the coldest location in Sinnoh, Bekah is extremely hardened to temperature, meaning, she is very rarely phased by changing weather patterns. She wears a basic white tank top most days, and on top of that is her jacket, a dark navy blue that even adds onto her long and flared black pants.
    Rebekah's hair is not long at all – a cropped brilliant and glittering silver, and she usually likes to keep it that way. Several strands of her hair fall down on the top of her head, giving it an almost messy appearance. But Rebekah couldn't care less – she likes her 'iconic' and eye-catching hair just the way it is.
    Personality: Rebekah is a hot-headed and challenge-bound young adult who has always dreamed of becoming a trainer, however hasn't had the chance to for her entire life. Because of not being able to become a trainer at ten years old, Rebekah became withdrawn. She is known to snap at times when people treat her with disrespect, or even when she believes they mean something else than what is really meant. Though, if the latter happens, and she realizes it, she is quick to apologize and ask for their forgiveness. And because of not becoming a trainer when she hoped to (and having to wait eight years to even get away from her doting parents) Rebekah does not take lightly to when people try to steal/take away her Pokemon. She has grown up believing it is a person's right to own Pokemon, especially if the Pokemon chooses to be with them. So, when she is faced by people like this, Rebekah gets angry, and she isn't a peach when she is angry. There's a reason that fire is the opposite of ice; Rebekah may seem like a great girl from a land of ice, but when you get her angry, you release a blistering rage that resembles blazing fire. And she isn't quick to be released from this rage, unless comforted by her Pokemon or people close to her. When in battle, prepare for a determined challenger, who won't give up until she thinks her Pokemon are in too big of a situation to get out of (aka becoming seriously injured/out of their level league). She is level-headed opponent, not too confident and not too less confident. She is pure-hearted in the middle, and prefers it that way, which makes her a difficult opponent to read. This has come to many years studying up on Pokemon as well as watching local gym battles in her home region of Sinnoh.

But besides her quick triggers, Rebekah is actually a pretty easy-going girl. If you get past her initial personality quirks, like her hot-headedness and her challenge-bound mind set, you may make a good friend in Rebekah. She cares deeply for anyone she considered her friend or family. Especially her Pokemon – she tries hard every day to give each of her Pokemon the attention she thinks they all deserve, and also does the best to give them the healthiest lives she can, and ones they want to live.
    History: Rebekah hails from the Sinnoh region, originally living in the cold north land of Snowpoint City. For the first nine years of her life, Rebekah was in school, learning everything she needed to know about Pokemon. She wanted to become a trainer, as if her whole life depended on it. And living in Snowpoint City, she always wanted to start with an Ice type. Her parents had made plans with a local Pokemon expert to be taken out to obtain her first Pokemon in the outskirts of Snowpoint City on her tenth birthday. However, as her tenth birthday came, a history-breaking snowstorm swept through Snowpoint, and the Pokemon expert that was going to take Rebekah to go catch her first Pokemon canceled due to the weather to a day when it would calm. However, Rebekah had grown too impatient with wanting to get her first Pokemon.

Rebekah decided she wanted to venture out on her own in the snowstorm to find her own Pokemon, equipped with an empty Pokeball, and bundled in half a dozen coats to protect her against the weather. As she ventured out, it was pretty clear that this was not a good thing for her to be out. But when she turned to head back home, she couldn't see her way – the blizzard was too powerful and too thick. And because of her being so small, the blizzard was able to catch her and the force knocked her straight into one of the snow-covered trees, knocking her out cold.
    She woke up two weeks later in a bed that was unfamiliar, and bright sunny skies outside. Her head seemed to have a little man jack-hammering away at her skull, but she knew she wasn't in Snowpoint. That was the truth.
    She was brought back to Snowpoint City by a wild Sneasel, at the doors of the gym, and her parents arrived, immediately knocking the Sneasel aside and running Bekah out of the city. They ended up in Sunyshore City, which was a town that could take care of her with her head injury. She had a very major concussion as well as several cracks in her skull that left her bed-ridden for several months.
    Rebekah felt she had ruined her journey for herself, and now they moved to an unfamiliar place and away from all her friends. What was worse was that her parents told her that she would not be going on a journey anytime soon.
    Eight years have passed since then, and being eighteen, she no longer had to be 'controlled' or under the care of her parents. So, she decided she wanted to travel to the region discovered twenty-nine years ago, called Pangaea. She felt it could be a brand new start for her, and especially being away from her parents who continuously believed she still was not ready to become a trainer, even after eight years that her friends became trainers.
    Starter: Venonat
    What did the Greeks not wear?: Togas
    Roleplay sample:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - What an interesting character, you've been accepted and may now post in the IC thread.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to post until Tuesday as I will be on a trip with some friends. Hope this won't be an inconvenience for the rest of you. As soon as I get back I'll get down to writing. See you soon! :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Just wanted to say:

Royal - Loved your battle with the Trapinch! Was realistic (well... for imaginary creatures battling) and balanced ^^.

Meganium90 - Bee is so cute awh ^-^

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • I hope it's alright, but I'm going to refrain from posting until the next chapter is up, as I don't think I can do much more without overstepping the boundaries. Sorry.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • The next chapter is up now.

If you want to remain on the first chapter that's also entirely fine. This roleplay is designed to go at your own pace, I will simply post the next chapter when some people are ready, and when they are amde of course.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Well he's already got Mega Punch, I'm pretty sure I read that Bribe comes right after!

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Just wanted to let you know that I won't be posting until the next chapter as I feel I've nothing more to do on the Via.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • That's fine, it should be up in the next couple of days. May I ask that you stop using that colour for your posts I'm using a very light theme.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll do my next post now. I was waiting for Mammoth to get back to me on something... but oh well. Jade needs to be silly some more. :)

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • Alright I'll stop using the white font colour for posts on your roleplays. It's just that I'm using a dark theme and it looks rather nice.

Back