• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite OSTs

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm gonna go crazy with this one.

My top 5 (not in order), because I can't choose.

Favorite OSTs

Self-explanatory
    Forest Interlude
    Stickerbrush Symphony
    Minining Melancholy
    Crocodile Cacophany

Favorite OSTs

Do I even need to explain?
    Aquatic Ambiance
    Northern Hemisphere
    Fear Factory
    Jungle Japes
    Life in the Mines

Favorite OSTs

Now I'll explain this. Normally people underrate the OST of this game because of course, it's going against DKC1 and 2, but I feel it's just as good. This is Kenji Yamamato at his finest imo, and while the remixes are good, they're not as good as the original (except Tree Top Rock, I like DKCR's version better), however the original tracks this game spawned are amazing and very addicting. In fact, they managed to fit with DK's concept as Miyamoto himself envisioned due to how wacky and cartoony they are, and most of all the JAZZ! (I may biased though, Jazz is my favorite.) Also something of note, but the boss themes all incorporate the instrument their respective boss Tikis took form of. That's an amazing touch of detail. (and also why Tikis > Kremlings)
    Tiki Tong Terror
    Furious Fire
    Rocket Barrel Theme 1
    Feather Fiend
    Palm Tree Grove

Favorite OSTs

Call me biased all you want, but the fact remains this was one of my favorite OSTs before I even called Wario Land 4 my favorite game. (which is after I started Hard mode) The variety this game covers, coupled with the fact most of the music are still wacky, crazy and crude to compliment Wario, really lends itself to have one of the most memorable OSTs.
    Hurry Up!
    Fiery Cavern
    Arabian Night
    Toxic Landfill
    Toy Block Tower

Favorite OSTs

I OUGHT to have had a Rhythm Heaven game in my top 5 OST. I mean, why not? Though the DS game is my least favorite of the three (Still solid though), the OST is easily the best. No, really, "easily". And I love Fever's and Tengoku's OST. The soundtrack is just fun and, well, gives a smile in my face whenever I listen to it. I That's something special. I really think the best two ways to describe the OST of this game is, as vague as both may be, "charming" and "magical". I may be exaggerating, but Rhythm Heaven is THAT special to me.
    Munchy Monk 2
    Rockers 2
    Menu 1 (Best menu music of all time? Yes)
    That's Paradise (and here's the Japanese version if you're picky about this stuff.)
    Remix 9
    And what is probably my favorite piece of video game music of all time:
    Remix 4

I'll do an honorable mention later, just to give it some thoughts.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
    I have many favourite OSTs from several games (Final Fantasy IX and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire among others), but I'll post my most played.

It's Tekken Tag Tournament's OST. What made Tekken Tag Tournament stand out among the rest of the fighters in its time is its absolutely pulsating electronic soundtrack. It's fast, full and always managed to make a match feel exhilirating and accelerated. To this day I can remember exactly how the beat goes from the back of my head. Here's one track, another, and my personal favourite.

Back