• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hexath'locke Challenge: Season 2: Pokemon Ruby

TortimerTheGrey

The Digital Sage of Gaming
Years
The Hexath'locke is simple.

It is a Nuzlocke variant that spans six main-series Pokemon games. It adheres to all of the rules of a traditional Nuzlocke with a couple of unique clauses thrown in.

The basic principle is that a Nuzlocke run is intended to add challenge to the game but also to make you care about your set of pixels, via nicknames, drama etc. What could make you more attached to your team than going through trials of fire and then coming through to do it again? How much more heartbreaking would it be to lose your Kanto starter three generations later in Sinnoh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:
You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area (route, city, cave etc.)
You must nickname all acquired Pokemon.
If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be boxed in 'Heaven'.
When beginning a new generation you may transfer up to two (2) of your former surviving team members.*
Transfers can be selected from surviving 'Hall of Fame' team members from ANY previous generation
Transferred in at same evolution as previous generation (Blastoise remains a Blastoise) but @ 1/10th of its previous level, rounded down (i.e. lvl 55 -> lvl 5, lvl 68 -> lvl 6).
Will only know species base moves.
*If you survive to the sixth generation there is an exception to the transfer limit that allows you to transfer all of your surviving starters.

For each Pokemon you transfer into a game you must forfeit 2 routes of potential catches (Determined by a RNG before start of that generation).
Legendaries are fair game assuming they are your first encounter in the area.
Some additional clauses may be used to enhance the game play. (Dupes, Shinies etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this run is going to be one continuous story-arc I am going to be playing the games in a more likely chronological order:

Kanto (FireRed) > Hoenn (Ruby) > Johto (Heart Gold) > Sinnoh (Pearl) > Unova (White) > ???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a lot of existing content for this LP already so I will post those here and then update with individual updates as they continue. Thanks and let me know what you think!

The Hexath'locke Challenge: Season 1: Pokemon FireRed

Spoiler:

The Hexath'locke Challenge: Season 2: Pokemon Ruby

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TortimerTheGrey

Years
Hey Everyone! Here is Episode 17 of Season 2 of the Hexath'locke! Only one more episode left in this Season!

The Hexath'locke Challenge S02E17: Pokemon Ruby: Victoopolis Road

TortimerTheGrey

Years
Today marks the FINALE of the Hexath'locke Season 2! Come watch as Tortimer takes on the E4!

Season 02 Episode 18 - The Ever Grande Finale:

Back