• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I was surprised when i went on to your homepage to see that you put the beta early but i am happy you did now i can continue my journey with dark rising 2 can't wait to see what different about this hack and happy early Christmas to you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Umm... not that happy anymore :|
I picked my starter and stuff but when i defeated the first galactiv grunt, after that I mean, it crashes (I can't move)
Help?
Btw im playong on myboy android emulator

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
LOVE the graphics so far and the soundtrack is amazing, but major bug after you defeat the first grunt. The game stops.

Edit: I tested if walk through walls would change anything, I skipped that first one and everything is smooth otherwise. I'm in the forest taking on the different grunts now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
LOVE the graphics so far and the soundtrack is amazing, but major bug after you defeat the first grunt. The game stops.

Ive played through the start of this twice now and haven't had that problem. Actually no problems so far at all.

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
Ive played through the start of this twice now and haven't had that problem. Actually no problems so far at all.

Ouch really? I tried again and it did the same so I skipped over that grunt with walk through walls and now the game is perfectly fine. Saw someone else had the issue but I'm playing on VBA. Fairly weird.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Umm... not that happy anymore :|
I picked my starter and stuff but when i defeated the first galactiv grunt, after that I mean, it crashes (I can't move)
Help?
Btw im playong on myboy android emulator

Same exact thing for me to, same emulator also. I'll just use walk through walls and skip that grunt.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Umm okey, but won't that affect the story??
Edit: I used it, so there should be no problems now, thanks!

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone
Like Mexile, I've also played through the first grunt twice and everything worked. But if more ppl come across this, I'll remove her.
Hope you're all enjoying. I tried guys lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
I also have the problem with this galaxy grunt. I choose Salamance for my starter. In the meantime I will traing my pokemons. :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
This game is awesome so far. I'm at the 1st gym and it has been very enjoyable. Thanks for releasing this early :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
This game is awesome so far. I'm at the 1st gym and it has been very enjoyable. Thanks for releasing this early :)

This game is awesome so far, really loving it!

Thanks. Honestly I wanted it better than how it came out, but I tried my best. I spent a lot of time on it. Also, more 6th gen sprites will get backsprites in the future.

thebluecrab

Sign Language is Handy
Years
Hey, nice! I thought you said it'd be up on the 20th. Looking forward to playing

EDIT: Please say what rom it is based in in the description

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Good work so far. I've barely started playing, but I did find one glitch (I'm glitch hunting as opposed to simply playing). It's currently possible to heal at the Pokemon Center before you get back your starter. Trying to heal with 0 Pokemon - it crashes the game. Odds are that isn't a big problem, as I doubt anyone will do that unless they're looking for trouble and/or exploring beyond the scope of most players. And I've heard of this exact glitch happening in unhacked ROMs if you use a cheat to reach a center before getting your starter.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
One little thing I've noticed (doesn't effect gameplay whatsoever though so it's not an issue) is Benga says his grandpa Alder was champ of the Sinnoh league, when he was champ of Unova.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
One little thing I've noticed (doesn't effect gameplay whatsoever though so it's not an issue) is Benga says his grandpa Alder was champ of the Sinnoh league, when he was champ of Unova.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit that right away. EDIT: Fixed.

I'll be off for the rest of the night & returning late tomorrow. I hope everyone's enjoying the Beta. Personally, I felt I could've done better in a few areas, but I'm content with the amount of work I put into it for right now. I'll begin working on beta 2 in February. I need to take a month break. I can use my free time now to invest in other activities and video games like Tales of Xillia which I never had time to play before.
I'm happy I could give you guys something fun to play til Christmas comes around. ^.^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back