• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is the most challenging RPG for nintendo 3ds?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I feel like pokemon x and y are not challenging at all. I don't need to use strategy at all. I feel like this
    game is suit for casual players.

Name me hardest RPG turn base for 3ds plz

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Your best bet would be to wait until the next Dragon Quest game comes out on the 3DS or go for a MegaTen game though with MegaTen's they tend to get really easy at the end since you become crazy powerful. Most Square Enix rpgs are really easy with a few exceptions i.e. Dragon Quest.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    This post can never be overthrown.
    I heard that Shin Megami Tensei IV is quite casual compared to the previous game (Strange Journey). Is it more difficult than Etrian Odyssey IV though? Even Strange Journey was easier than the DS EO games.

How about Fire Emblem Awakening? It's a tactical RPG, and it's very challenging if you're at least playing Hard difficulty Classic mode (lots of people make the mistake and start with Normal, that's actually Easy mode).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I heard that Shin Megami Tensei IV is quite casual compared to the previous game (Strange Journey). Is it more difficult than Etrian Odyssey IV though? Even Strange Journey was easier than the DS EO games.
    From what I heard, SMTIV is actually even harder than EO.
    I plan to purchase both after getting 3DS so I'll try to compare.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I have the first Etrian Odyssey and I still haven't managed to beat it yet. I've played the demos for Millennium Girl and IV and it feels like it's been nerfed down a little bit from the first game. Then again, it could be the demo. Haven't played SMT since Devil Survivor so I have nothing to stand on. Heh.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I have the first Etrian Odyssey and I still haven't managed to beat it yet. I've played the demos for Millennium Girl and IV and it feels like it's been nerfed down a little bit from the first game. Then again, it could be the demo. Haven't played SMT since Devil Survivor so I have nothing to stand on. Heh.
    Well... Atlus games are Atlus games =D They can never be easy =D
    In fact, there's no easy Atlus game =D

Yukari

Everybody's opinion will be different. (Or not) Honestly though I haven't played any RPG's on the 3DS yet...

Back