• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were You Ever a Weeaboo?

Jessze

nerdin' around
    Years
    Honestly, I AM a bit of a weeaboo/otaku, but I'd hate to be too arrogant about it o.o I can't even really pronounce half of what they say that well.. And even though I'm finally getting the hang of their sentence structure, I wouldn't dare try and repeat their phrases xD That just sounds.. embarrassing. Japanese is a really pretty language, I wouldn't want to blemish it with my freakish American accent, lmao.

I probably could've become a weeaboo at some point if some of my friends weren't actually Japanese though xD It's more than embarrassing when you try to repeat what they say, and end up sounding like a toad croaking lmao. It's just not worth it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    But only a part of it, and there's so much more of the Japanese culture. And you know what I mean. P:
    Nope, I have no idea. I'm not knowledgeable in Japanese culture =D
    <sarcasm end> xD
    I was just saying =) Because many people actually exclude anime from Japanese culture =)

And even though I'm finally getting the hang of their sentence structure, I wouldn't dare try and repeat their phrases xD
    That's what I was doing through first episode of Mahouka =D

Jessze

nerdin' around
    Years
    Speaking and grammar are easy, kanji are the most problematic part of Japanese =D
    Try it and you will see =D

Too true, too true x] Honestly, the spoken language IS extremely easy once you understand how the language is structured [though pronunciation probably takes a while], but yeah. The written language is just like.. A labyrinth xD I tried self-studying it once and gave up within about an hour @___@ Unless I really want to move Japan, I really do not think it'll be worth it, haha.

That's what I was doing through first episode of Mahouka =D
    xD Lol, yeah. Honestly I'm not trying to be very ambitious with learning Japanese. Being able to understand what's being spoken in Japanese is going to be the limit for me, since I get too embarrassed trying to speak it anyway, lol..

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I'm not and I hate them. I like Japanese culture but I'm more interested in asian culture and I also despise learning japanese because in primary school we had to learn it and our teacher was evil.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    No, but I know lots.

I recently discovered that my friend Tom's girlfriend Georgia is a weeaboo - and a yaoi fangirl to boot (though she does like het too). She's obsessed with Gravitation and has written yaoi fanfiction and draws yaoi constantly. Strangely, she's also into bara - then again, she hangs around with a lot of well-toned lifesavers.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I recently discovered that my friend Tom's girlfriend Georgia is a weeaboo - and a yaoi fangirl to boot (though she does like het too). She's obsessed with Gravitation and has written yaoi fanfiction and draws yaoi constantly. Strangely, she's also into bara - then again, she hangs around with a lot of well-toned lifesavers.
    There's no weeaboo girl that isn't yaoi fangirl =D

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    There's no weeaboo girl that isn't yaoi fangirl =D

Even funnier is that Tom has recently revealed that he likes yaoi. He's considering cosplaying as Shuichi while Georgia (or Gigi, as she prefers) is going to go as Ryuichi. The scary part - Tom's going to be wearing the yellow jacket and the midriff-bearing top and hotpants. Luckily, Tom has the body; he's thin as a rail. He's already got a pink wig. (The funny thing is, Tom has an older brother who came out as gay a few months ago, but he's not as effeminate as Tom. Tom identifies as straight, but he's extremely campy.)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Even funnier is that Tom has recently revealed that he likes yaoi. He's considering cosplaying as Shuichi while Georgia (or Gigi, as she prefers) is going to go as Ryuichi. The scary part - Tom's going to be wearing the yellow jacket and the midriff-bearing top and hotpants. Luckily, Tom has the body; he's thin as a rail. He's already got a pink wig. (The funny thing is, Tom has an older brother who came out as gay a few months ago, but he's not as effeminate as Tom. Tom identifies as straight, but he's extremely campy.)
    Eh... with this your location shouldn't NSW but NSFW o.O

Back