• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [IC][T]

Years
  • The Great Oscar
    Money: still broke
    Current Location: Jubilife City​

This is why I hate little kids, they're so fragile! And starlies, I hate them too. Oscar thought to himself while sitting inside the Pokemon Center. I hope he's alright though, I don't want to start my journey off with a murder! OH NO! WHAT IF HE'S DEAD! THEY'RE GOING TO CALL THE COPS! AND I RELEASED THE REAL KILLER! WHAT AM I STILL DOING HERE!? Oscar got up to leave, but at that moment the Pokemon Center doors were opened and in came what looks to be a news reporter and a camera man.

The news reporter looked around the center and spotted Oscar,"YOU!" The reporter pointed at Oscar. "I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR!" Oscar exclaimed holding his hands up. "You brought that boy in right?" The reporter asked Oscar. "Y-yeah?" Oscar replied hesitantly. "Could we get an interview with you about the boy you rescued? See, not much really happens in terms of emergencies here and basically this is the most exciting thing to happen all week. So will ya' do it?" The reporter requested.

They must not know that I was the one who may or may not have killed the kid. They think I'm a hero! Alright Oscar play it cool. Oscar nodded quietly to himself. "Alright, why not? I mean, It's not everyday that you get to see a real hero." Oscar said while smiling as smugly as he could. "Alright, let's get started!" The reporter enthusiastically exclaimed.

"Alright, let's hear your name." The reporter handed the mic to Oscar "The name's Straight, Oscar Straight. Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist." Oscar responded as suavely as he could. "Okay! Oscar here has just saved a young boy's life by rushing him from a nearby route to our Pokemon Center here in Jubilife City!" The reporter exclaimed into the camera. "That's right news lady! And I would do it again! Because that' s what heroes do!" Oscar said while smiling into the camera. "Alright Oscar, could you tell us a little about what had happened back there?"

Oscar now took a pause to think. Maybe I should tell them the truth.......... Nah **** that. "So there I was, Minding my own business, collecting some tea leaves for the elderly when I heard a cry for help. I rushed towards the source of the noise with my trusty chimchar, Kong. Upon my arrival, I saw a gang of 13 thugs beating up this little kid. Calling upon my training in the ancient art of uhhhh Canovwoopas kung fu, I descended upon the thugs like a salamence would on a flock of whismur. I defeated them all with only 6 kicks! But one thug had escaped my fury and ran towards the kid with the intention of taking him hostage. I rushed towards the thug, but before I could apprehend the criminal, he had bludgeoned the kid with a metal pipe. I smashed the thug on the pavement and rushed towards the young boy's aid. The boy was out cold, but I knew that it would be bad if I didn't get him some help soon. So I picked up the boy in my arms and ran towards the nearest hospital. I knew that the thugs were still around, but I cared more about saving the boy's life than dealing with some low-life scum." Oscar finished off his story with a smug look on his face.

"WOW! What a story! Let's hope those thugs learned their lesson, but if they didn't, there's nothing to fear because we have Oscar protecting us! Isn't that right Oscar?" The reporter passed the mic to Oscar, "That's right! If anyone wants to mess with the citizens of Jubilife, they're going to have to go through me, Oscar Straight!" Oscar proclaimed confidently into the camera. The camera man then signaled that he was finished recording.

"Great interview kid! We'll get this story up as soon as possible! I'm sure Jubilife city would want to know all about their city's new hero!" The reporter said. "Really? Yeah, I think so too. So, when do I get paid?" asked Oscar. "Paid haha! What are you talking about kid? You don't get paid for being on the news." The camera man laughed while he put his equipment away, "I barely get paid as it is!" The duo started towards the door. "You're a real character kid! Hope to see you again someday!" The reporter said as she walked out the doors.

"What? I don't even get paid? What a waste of time." Oscar sat back down on the couch in the center. Now what? Oh yeah! I'll just check what kind of gastly that kid gave me. Oscar pulled out the pokeball containing Darkrai and released the gastly. "Gas!" the gastly exclaimed, excited to see the face of his new owner. Oscar took out his pokedex and scanned the gastly, "Hmmm now let's see what kind of beastly moves you have," Oscar scrolled past the information. " You have lick and hypnosis." Oscar said, disappointment evident on his face. "Lick and hypnosis....... Lick. And hypnosis......What can you do? Put someone to sleep then lick them while they're asleep? Should have named you Pervert." Oscar said looking at the gastly. The gastly just reponded by giving Oscar a big sloppy smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Update:

Spoiler:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @IamSmart~SMRT Caught Growlithe!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Broderick Minin "Bro"
    trapinch.gif
    Shane (M) Bug Bite Superpower Sand Attack Bite Mud Slap Dig
    growlithe.gif
    Sphinx (M) Ember Roar Bite Fire Spin Leer Odor Sleuth

Bro, Why The Hill?

Pt_Items_pocket_M.png

pokedex-4.png

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Bro watched the poke'ball slowly click. He wished that it would've gone quicker, but he didn't linger too long on the thought. Instead, he went and snatched up the poke'ball and took off. He needed to get the Kricketot to a Pokemon Center.

Bro spent a full minute sprinting up the hill, before he found himself before Jublife City. It was about the same size as Opelucid, just a little more plain. Bro wanted to look around more, but he didn't have time for that. He could sight see later.

It didn't take much to locate the Pokemon Center, even in the large city. How many orange buildings are there? Not a lot, because Bro managed to find the Pokemon Center right away. Perhaps he was just lucky though.

He continued on his dead sprint, ignoring anybody who asked him to slow down. He kept going until he was just steps outside of the Pokemon Center, where he slowed down so the automatic doors could open. He continued on, heaving with each step. Nurse Joy looked at him, eyes alert.

Bro explained the whole situation to Nurse Joy as fast as possible. She simply nodded her head and took the fainted bug Pokemon. She rushed back to the infirmary.

Bro went and found a nice chair to sit in. He sat and took a deep breath. He was praying to Arceus that Kricketot was okay. Mostly because Growlithe now belonged to him and he would feel responsible. He then realized that Growlithe needed a nickname. He also needed to be healed along with Shane. Either way, he released the two Pokemon.

"Hey Growlithe, you need a name -" Bro was interrupted by Growlithe attempting to rip up the furniture. Bro quickly returned the Pokemon and groaned.

"You know what, your name is Sphinx. You don't get an option." Shane smiled at that also tried to bite the furniture. Bro then had to return him too.

Bro patiently waited for about thirty minutes, finding different things to amuse his ADHD ways. There were a lot of things to see in a Pokemon Center. From different people to paintings on the wall.

Nurse Joy eventually came out with a Poke'ball. Bro looked at her hopefully. She gave him a big smile and nodded her head.

"Your Pokemon is all better now. You can-" Bro interrupted the Nurse.

"Umm... It isn't my Pokemon. I just found it in the wild," Bro said.

"Oh, well that would explain the Poke'ball thing. I decided to put it in one of ours, but I think it should have the choice to join you. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kricketot did want to stay with you. "

"Oh, well then. How about we let Kricketot out and set out one of my Poke'balls. If he jumps in, I keep him. If he doesn't, I'll release him into the wild," Bro proposed. Nurse Joy agreed and let out Kricketot. Bro set out a Poke'ball and watched. Kricketot looked up confused. Bro proposed his idea, and waited on the bug Pokemon to make a decision...

doge

???
    Years
  • Erina Bresh // Third Time's a Charm?

"What, you still wanna battle?" Erina asked with a grin. After walking out of the Pokémon center in Jubilife, Briar had been trying to get her attention from inside his pokeball. When she let him out, he was energetic as could be, tugging on her leg and puffing his chest out.

Seeing his fiery attitude, Erina couldn't help but agree with her pokémon's idea, and besides it wasn't like she was opposed to the idea in the first place. The more experience she had as a trainer, and as Briar's partner, the better. "Guess I'll put off exploring the city for later, then." She said as she returned her Cyndaquil and headed off to Route 204, north of Jubilife.

Erina didn't have to wait long until she found a pokémon to battle. Sitting on a tree branch above, an odd looking pokémon eyed the rookie trainer suspiciously. The previous battle she had still fresh on her mind, Erina pulled out her pokédex and examined the unknown pokémon. "Spewpa, the Scatterdust Pokémon. When Spewpa is attacked, it scares its enemies away by stiffening and spreading its fur like wings."

In a moment's notice Briar was out of his pokeball and ready to battle. Erina wanted and expected to end this quickly, after all her Cyndaquil did have a type advantage here. "Briar, Ember!"

A small burst of fire was shot at the Spewpa, which dodged the attack by allowing itself to fall to the ground. As it fall, a something about its body seemed to stiffen in Erina's eyes and it seemed to take little damage from falling to the ground, despite not landing very smoothly.

"It's easier on equal ground anyways, Quick Attack!" Erina's Cyndaquil shot towards the Spewpa before it could react, and it appeared to grimace as Briar's hit landed. It seemed the battle was going to go easily in Briar's favor but suddenly the fur on the the wild pokémon's body began to bristle, and spores shot out from its mouth. They seemed to have an immediate effect on Briar, the Cyndaquil backed up and away from the Spewpa slowly, not like he was being cautious, but like something was hindering his movements, making his body harder to move. When Erina saw the sudden static appear, she knew what Briar had been hit with.

While Erina contemplated what to do, the Spewpa wasted no time, shooting a line of silk string at the Cyndaquil to further hinder his movements and then using that same type of string to escape back into the tree.

That snapped Erina back into action. "Ember! Don't let him it get away!"

Unfortunately, in that moment the paralysis had decided to strike again and caused Briar to misfire on his attack. The Spewpa completed its safe escape as the Cyndaquil's attack missed wide left.

Erina sighed, "That's the second one today…" She was about to return Briar back to his pokeball but noticed that the Cyndaquil was still in an aggressive stance, with his attention focused on something.

Although neither of them saw, Briar's Ember that had gone wide, had actually struck something, a Cottonee floating nearby, and a rather prideful one at that; it seemed to take exception towards being hit by the errant attack. Using the leaves on the side of its body, the offended, puffy pokémon sent a gust of sparkling dust at Erina's Cyndaquil. Because the residue of the strings were were slowing Briar down, the Cyndaquil couldn't completely dodged and felt a sting as half of his body was struck by the attack.

"Guess it's still too early to hang my head," Erina grinned, she was about to get down on herself over the Spewpa, but the appearance of the Cottonee managed to bring her spirits back up. "Ember!" Unaffected by the paralysis this time, Briar sent a burst of flames at the Cottonee again, this time intending to hit it.

While the attack hit and seemed to deal a fair amount of damage to the wild pokémon, the Cottonee wasn't backing down. But before it could retaliate, Briar was speeding toward the Cottonee head on. Just as he was about to make contact, and victory seemed certain, the paralysis took effect again, causing Briar to trip over himself, faceplant and slide comically towards his opponent.

Apparently the Cottonee found it hilarious. So much so that it ignored the fact that the Cyndaquil was defenseless right in front of it and just laughed. Erina saw this as a lucky, but great opening. She didn't hesitate at all, "Ember!"

Rolling over, Briar sent another burst of flames at the distracted pokémon. The Cottonee recoiled with a cry, and this time, without failing, Erina pulled out a pokeball and threw it right at the cotton pokémon's head.​

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Sheena Krystal - Jubilife City

fennekin.gif
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png
    pokeball.png

Sheena Krystal stretched as she stepped out of the Pokémon Center, a small smile stretching across her lips. So far, her journey had been fairly uneventful. She arrived in the Sinnoh Region a few days ago and received her Pokédex from Professor Rowan. While she had done the normal thing of battling a few wild Pokémon while making her way up to Jubilife City, the teenager had not actually gone out of her way to try and catch one yet. Perhaps it was a bit of bad luck... then again, part of the reason was that the only encounters she had happened to make along the way were the common Starly and Bidoof. While Sheena had not exactly had a problem with catching common, run-of-the-mill Pokémon, she was looking for something with a bit more... pizzazz to take a spot on her team.

"Then again, part of the adventure is the hunt for something special, right Fiona?" Sheena questioned, glancing down at the Fennekin by her feet. The Fennekin let out a small whine, brushing up against the side of her leg. "I'm gonna take that as a yes!"

Pumping her fist in the air, the girl began to walk away from the Pokémon Center with Fiona close in tow. She really did not have any actual destination in mind. She was new to this region after all, and... truth of the matter was she sort of had just drifted to Jubilife by following some other trainers she had seen leaving Sandgem. Part of the girl debated that maybe having a map or something of the sort would have proven to be useful to this point. Then again, part of the adventure was getting to... wherever it was one was going. It would not be nowhere near as fun if there was something pointing out every step of the way. At least, that's how Sheena saw it... And getting there had been quite the adventure so far.

"I do kinda feel guilty about only leaving mom that note," Sheena thought, crossing her arms over her chest as she walked. "I probably should have actually told her in person... I mean, I am 17 years old. I'm old enough to make my own..."

Before Sheena had too much longer to reflect upon how she had managed to sneak her way out of Kalos and all the way to Sinnoh, the sound of her Fennekin making a small whine caught her ears. Glancing down, the trainer noticed that Fiona was staring straight ahead, her paw even pointing ahead. The new trainer glanced over in the direction she was motioning, her eyes widening at the sight before her. Standing there, staring up at Sheena with a small smile was none other than a Budew. Sheena blinked in confusion, looking around her to see a sign sticking out of the grass.

"Route 204...?" the girl read, scratching her head slowly. "Guess I was so busy thinking that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..."

Fiona seemed to roll her eyes at the girl's slip up. Sheena shrugged it off however, returning her focus to the Budew before her. She had heard good things about this kind of Pokémon... Or rather, good things about its evolved forms. It was just the sort of Pokémon she was wanting to begin a team with.

"Okay, Fiona! I think this is as good a time as any to give this catching thing a try! You ready?" Sheena questioned, giving her Fennekin an excited smile. The Fennekin gave Sheena quick nod and hopped forward. "Good response! Let's get this started!"

It did not exactly take Budew long to figure out what was going on. As soon as Fiona hopped forward, the wide smile stretching across its lips disappeared and was replaced with a more focused and battle-ready face. Without any warning at all, the Budew began to spew water out all over the surrounding area, dousing the grass and even Fiona in some regard. The Fennekin looked a tad annoyed at the fact that she was now soaked, and eagerly glanced back at her trainer, awaiting a command.

"Alright Fiona! Give it a Scratch attack!" the girl ordered.

Fiona howled, quickly charging forward with the intent of getting revenge in her eyes. Her sharp little claws took a swing at the Budew, causing the little grass bulb to let out a small whimper as it skidded back. The wild Budew did not strike back in retaliation, however. Instead, it once more began to douse the field and Fiona with water, causing the fire-fox to growl in frustration.

"This thing sure does like to get everything wet..." Sheena muttered. "I'm gonna have to get you a towel or something after this... B-But, let's stay focused for now! Fiona, use Ember!"

Fiona howled, her mouth opening wide as she spit a ball of fire in the direction of the Budew. Or rather, she tried to. For some reason, all that came shooting out of her mouth was a pathetic spark of fire that could not have even lit a cigarette if it wanted to. Sheena crossed her arms, raising a curious eyebrow at the sight.

"Um... Try Ember again?" Sheena suggested. Once more, the little Fennekin tried to spit up a ball of fire at the Budew. But the resulting display was just as pathetic as before. The trainer widened her eyes as what had been going on finally dawned on her. "Of course... It's been using Water Sport..."

The wild Budew was definitely more crafty than Sheena gave it credit for... And it was for that reason that she just wanted to catch it more. She quickly ordered Fiona to try attacking with Scratch once more. However, as she neared the Budew, it quickly unleashed a yellow, pollen-like powder all over the Fennekin. Sheena groaned as she watched Fiona's movements suddenly become stiff and strained, as if it was taking everything the Fennekin had to even take a single step forward. Somehow she did manage to scratch at the Budew, but the little Grass-type managed to hop out of the way and dodge it.

"I can't tell if this thing is super smart or super annoying..." Sheena groaned. When she envisioned her first actual Pokémon catch, this was not what she saw. Sure, she knew that the first one would not be easy, but... this was getting ridiculous. "You can do it, Fiona! Try to use Scratch again!"

Fiona did just that. She turned to take aim at grunting as she managed to run foward and take a swing at the Budew. The attack was not going to go uncountered, however. As Fiona moved to attack her opponent, the Budew opened up the top of its little sprout and began to pull in a small, green ball of energy from the Fennekin. As soon as the Budew finished its attack however, it was met with a pair of claws scratching across its body.

"That's it! Now, while your close up use Ember!" Sheena shouted.

Fiona tried her best to use the said attack, but her body started to look a bit stiff once more. In fact, she somehow managed to stop in the middle of her attack, her mouth wide open as she tried to spit fire out at the Budew, but simply could not. The Budew did not waste this opportunity, however. Once more, it began to drain away some energy from Fiona. It was not a lot, but if Fiona was going to have this hard a time fighting the Budew then this battle was either going be endless or just end badly for Fiona.

"Fiona, Psywave! We need to try to finish and catch Budew!" Sheena shouted.

Fiona grit her teeth, struggling to lift her head up and face the Budew. Suddenly, her eyes snapped wide open, a blast of psychic energy beginning to blast out of them. The Budew let out a whine of pain as its eyes snapped shut, trying to shrug off the attack. Seizing her opportunity, Sheena grabbed an empty Pokéball and tossed it at the wild Budew...

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @IamSmart~SMRT caught Kricketot!
    @doge caught Cottonee!
    @Carnivor Chie caught Budew!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

• Mireille Birkshire
    Another visitor for Professor Rowan

220.gif
    72ztaIr.png

This didn't look well. Where on earth could I have left Truffles's PokéBall? It must be somewhere around here. That seemed a good start of the day, Mireille hadn't even started her Pokémon journey yet and had already screwed things up. Well, that wasn't today, actually. She packed all her stuff yesterday, but only realized now that she needed Truffles to get in her PokéBall. Not the weirdest thing to forget, if the Swinub is normally able to just walk around freely through the house and its surroundings. Okay, right. Why did I start this again? She knew in fact the answer to that question pretty well. Her Dad used to be a Pokémon Trainer in his younger years and thought that Mireille should follow his footsteps. But then they moved to a new region and Mireille had to get used to the new place for quite a while and it never came to becoming a real Pokémon Trainer... until now. Her fieldwork biology project demanded studying Pokémon from different areas than just the few nearby. Combining that with training Pokémon goes terribly easy and gives a good company too, so why not?

Finally Truffles's PokéBall was found, at the bottom of one of her drawers. Gotcha! "Truffles! Where are you? We're leaving." Truffles scampered from the kitchen to the stairs. "Oh, there you are, girl. Were you begging for food again?" A growl sounded to confirm this. "You already had breakfast this morning. We must leave now, we have an appointment with Professor Rowan."

After Mireille closing the door behind her, she whistled through her fingers. The sound was responded by a bird Pokémon raising from the forest next to her house and landed on his favored spot on the lawn. Itaru looked just as carefree as always. Mireille stroke the Fearow on his neck. "Ready for a flight, Itaru?" The bird spread his wings and raised his head, showing his readiness. Mireille called Truffles in her PokéBall, climbed on Itari's back and took off.

It was nice Dad let her borrow Itari for trips like these. Because the passage through the Ravaged Path is blocked by some rocks, cycling to Jubilife City has a shortest route going via Eterna and Orebough, which takes way to long. In the air Floaroma and Jubilife lie just adjacent to each other.
    They flew over the largest city of Sinnoh and landed on Route 202, the short route connecting Jubilife with Sandgem Town, the latter being this trip's destination. Mireille dismounted and thanked Itaru for the ride. Itaru stroke his beak over Mireille's shoulder in way of greeting goodbye, stepped four feet backwards and rose into the air again, heading back towards Floaroma.

Mireille walked to Sandgem town and immediately enjoyed the nice atmosphere the small village had, just like Floaroma. The slight difference is that the flower scents were replaced by sea air, but she found that nice as well. "Go, Truffles!" The Swinub immediately got out of her PokéBall and happily ran a circle around Mireille. "Good to have some more space again, right?" Mireille said to her pet and patted her on the head. "Now let's find Rowan's laboratory." In such small town, finding the only important building wasn't a hard job. Mireille read the sign again. "Rowan's Lab" it said. Yes, it must be here. She opened the door and entered the building, followed by Truffles. A blue haired girl introduced herself as Dawn, professor Rowan's assistant. She led Mireille further and introduced her to the professor.

"So you're miss Birkshire? Nice to meet you. Here, these are some forms you need to fill in order to officially become a Pokémon trainer." Rowan said while handing some papers to Mireille. Mireille took the time to read through everything and signed them. "Here you go, professor."
    "Thank you. And here is your PokéDex, a device able to store data of all Pokémon you have encountered." Mireille accepted the PokéDex and checked what is had to say about Truffles.

Swinub, the pig Pokémon.
    It has a very sensitive nose. It can locate mushrooms, berries and even hot springs buried under ice.

"I knew about the berries and food, but it looks like you can even find hot springs. That might come in handy sometime." Truffles jumped enthusiastically. Mireille thanked professor Rowan and was about to leave the lab, but was stopped by Dawn running after her, showing five PokéBalls in her hand.
    "Mireille, these are for you. We give those to each starting trainer to catch the first few Pokémon."
    "Oh, thanks. I'll use these wisely."

Mireille stood outside again. So now I'm an officially registered Pokémon trainer. The only thing I did was signing some papers, but I feel different that yesterday. Where should I head next? Quickly after she decided to go to the beach, Truffles showed her detest of large amounts of water and kept at distance from the shore. Mireille took off her shoes and started reading a book while her feet were continuously overflowed and by the water, moving a little backwards every now and then, as the water is slowly getting closer. Truffles entertained herself digging in the sand behind Mireille.

In the afternoon, Mireille got approached by a boy asking: "Weren't you that gal that landed here this morning on that cool big bird Pokémon?"
    "Yes, that's me. However the bird is my Dad's. I'm just a beginning trainer."
    "Really? Then I can win! I challenge you for a Pokémon battle!"
    "Consider your challenge accepted."

Years
  • Kai Manning

current location: Route 204
    badges: 0
    objective: ??? (get tough)

Ani403MS.png
    Fiker
    male.gif

A Day in the Jubilife

Huff. Huff. Huff. Kai had only ridden up Route 202 a couple times before. It was steeper than she remembered. And windier. If it weren't for all these dang traverses—she shook bangs and sweat from her eyes and glanced over her left shoulder. Fiker was keeping up determinedly, breathing hard but keeping good form. Yep, she had raised a runner! She was watching him proudly and not looking where she was going, and she realized her mistake when she saw his eyes widen and he cried in alarm. Facing forward again, she only had a split second to avoid colliding with a youngster, which nearly wore out her breaks and sent her skidding out in a forced turn. When the dust settled she was in a heap with a scrape up her left arm and along her jaw. Her shinx ran over, tail straight up and sparking, and made anxious rumbles as he licked her. Kai coughed hollowly and rubbed dust from one eye as she looked for the kid. "You okay?"

"Alright mister, our eyes have met, and you know what that means! Time to battle!"

"... What?" Kai stood and dusted herself off before picking up her bike—seemed like it was fine.

"When two trainers' eyes meet they are destined to battle!"

" Kid, I just flew off my bike, I'm not really—"

"You've got a pokemon, haven't you?" He cried enthusiastically, pointing at Fiker.

"I mean yeah, but we don't really—"

"Then let's go, Starly!" He threw a pokeball, and a starly flew out of the red glow. "Starly, use quick attack!" The starly looked at Fiker and didn't seem to want to attack, but obeyed its trainer.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" Before Kai could react the Starly flew at Fiker and got in a hit. "We're not ready! I haven't even che—" she was interrupted by a flash as Fiker used discharge without notice. "Fiker! You too?" The shinx looked at her defiantly. This was the point of their journey, wasn't it?

"Starly! Tackle!"

"Uh okay, bite it!" As the Starly made contact Fiker clenched his jaws onto its wing. Both sustained some damage, but Starly looked more exhausted. "Alright Fiker, next time charge up your bite!"

"Starly, tackle again!" This time when they collided Fiker used thunder fang, and the type matchup was too much for Starly.

"Huh, you beat me this time, but you just got lucky, having an electric type against my flyer. That thunder fang is pretty strong."

"... Right," Kai said, keeping a poker face. Planned it all along.
    "Good match! See ya around, mister! And next time watch where you're going, I had to walk out right in front of you to get your attention."

Kai watched the youngster walk away with a confused look on her face. "He meant to get in my way?" she asked, turning to Fiker, who twitched his ears indifferently. "Well, good job, partner! First battle won!" she said with a grin. He let off sparks and flashed a few times as if to say 'I'm all riled up!' "Whew, well I guess we can get back on our way to Jubilife. Oh... gross," she said, wiping at her chin and looking at the blood on her fingers. "Eh, it'll scab, right? Let's go!"

---​

In Jubilife, Kai made a beeline for the most important building there: the Trainer's School. She could hold her own in hand to hand combat, but she had no idea how to pokemon battle. She didn't even know what moves Fiker knew. Sitting on the small stool had her knees bent up nearly to her chest, she seemed a giant pouring seriously over books at the comically low table. "Mister, why are you all bloody?" asked a boy sitting across the table. "She's not a boy, are you, Mister!" said the girl next to him, slamming her hands on the table as she stood and glaring intently into Kai's eyes. "I know because you have blue eyes and boys don't!"

"Um, that isn't true—"
    "Hah, told you so, Christine!"
    "Shut up, Harrison!"
    "No, I am a girl, it's just that—"
    "Told you."
    "Boys have blue eyes too, sometimes, it just depends."

Both school kids eyed her suspiciously. She eyed back, warily. "Got any books about the moves a shinx might know?"

"Battle me and I'll tell you, no need for a book." Kai looked over her shoulder at a woman with pretty brown hair.
    "Oh! Are you an aroma lady?"
    "I'm actually a teacher here," she said, smiling."But you can call me Taylor. I am a bit of an aroma lady, when I'm not at work. Let's have an assessment test of your shinx, shall we?" They took Fiker's enthusiastic growl for a yes.

---​

"Alright Cherubi, come on out!" The cherry pokemon quaked unhappily when it saw Fiker. "Your shinx seems to be quite intimidating!"

"Yep, he's a tough guy!" Kai said proudly, and Fiker's fur crackled with electricity as he puffed up proudly. "Okay, so he should just give it everything he's got?"

"That's the idea!"

"Alright buddy, just do whatever you want, I guess."
    Electricity began accumulating around the shinx in a crackling ball, causing it to glow yellow. "That looks like charge, a move to power up electric type moves."
    In a flash he loosed it in a radiating ring from his body. "And there's discharge, a special type electric attack. Cherubi, use morning sun." The cherubi glowed slightly as she regained energy from the sunlight coming through the windows. Next the shinx used bite (Kai already knew the name of that one), thunder fang (learned that from the trainer on 202) and ice fang, something Kai had never seen before. Taylor's cherubi healed up between attacks using morning sun, and the assessment was a success. Kai thanked Taylor for all her help, and took her advice of heading up to route 204 to catch some more pokemon for her team, after stopping at the pokecenter to patch herself up in addition to her shinx,. Kai winked at the kids as she left. Christine stuck her tongue out.

---​

"What a day, huh! My legs are sore already!" Fiker agreed appreciatively as the pair strolled along their familiar route 204. "Is it time for lunch do you think?" Kai checked her poketch, which had been on her wrist for years and had certainly seen better days. It's a real credit to the company that it was still functional. Satisfied that they gone far enough to break for lunch, she fished around a saddlebag and pulled out a plastic container with rice and seaweed in it. She scooped some into the lid and put it down for Fiker and dug around the bag for a spoon. The two sat in front of their food with their eyes closed for a moment, then tore in, gulping down food unceremoniously. They belched in unison, then Kai poured water from her bottle into her emptied dish for Fiker. He finished the water and licked up any stray rice grains, and Kai put everything away.

"Okay! Time to stretch!" The pair busily went through various stretches, but Fiker stopped suddenly, ears pricked as he stared into the tall grass nearby. "Oh?" Kai said, standing. The grass shook, and a sewaddle crawled out. Its eyes widened when it saw Fiker's grinning face. "What a cute sewaddle!" Kai said happily, and went back to stretching. Fiker had other plans. The sewaddle gulped, but readied itself to fight. To get the upper hand, it attacked first with a bug bite. "Oh-ho, a feisty guy! Okay Fiker, use thunder fang!" The sewaddle squirmed in alarm, but resisted the attack. It wiggled away and turned back to shoot off a string shot. Fiker stumbled in the goo and tripped. "Discharge! We don't want to hurt it too bad with an ice fang, given the type. Let's try to catch it! I like its spunk." Fiker seemed annoyed, but gave a look to Kai that indicated a grudging respect for the sewing pokemon. The sewaddle took the zap pretty well, and charged forward with a tackle. Fiker's mobility was compromised by the string shot, but the sewaddle seemed to be able to walk across the sticky silk; it crawled all over Fiker's struggling body, exchanging bug bites for discharges. Both pokemon were starting to get exhausted, and the sewaddle seemed to be having a hard time focusing its eyes after all the zaps. "Okay! I'm gonna throw the pokeball!" With a huge windup and probably more force than necessary, she launched the pokeball at the fighting pokemon.

[Pokedex Entries]
    Ani403MS.png
    Ani396MS.png
    Ani420MS.png
    Ani540MS.png

File:Ani420MS.png

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @Snarkisshark caught Sewaddle!

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Welcome to Jubilife!
    IOYRstc.png
    turtwig.gif
    litleo.gif

Dan was amazed by the size of Jubilife city. He was used to the small town of Celestic, and Jubilife seemed to be the opposite. Sky scrapers almost kissed the clouds, and every path was paved. Buildings went as far as Dan could see. He felt a small rush of excitement, as the huge city was new for him.
    It took him mere moments to get lost.
    "Ehm, ma'am, can I…" The woman ignored Dan, and went on without even acknowledging him. "I'm sorry to bother you!" he yelled. The streets were crowded, and the lack of good signs confused Dan more. He was sure he passed the same boutique three times now, but it seemed to be next to another shop each time. After half an hour of more stumbling around and bumping into people, Dan decided to go inside a small corner shop. It was run by an incredibly old woman, whose head barely stuck out above the counter.
    "Can I help you?" She asked, with a voice that sounded like it was rusting.
    "I'm looking for directions," Dan answered, "A pokecenter or a hotel would be handy to find."
    The old woman shook her head. "No service if you don't buy anything, young man."
    The looked around awkwardly. He scanned the store quickly, but there really wasn't anything he needed in this store. "I… I don't think I really-"
    "No service is you don't buy anything!" She slammed her hand on the counter. She stepped away from the counter, and came to Dan. Her head barely came above his hips. Two hands firmly put themselves in his back, and she started pushing him. Strong, the woman was not, as Dan barely moved.
    "I'll buy some water then," he said.
    The woman kept pushing him, and said: "That's not enough. Any expense should be more than 500 pokedollars."
    Dan sighed. He stepped aside, and the woman almost fell over. He walked up to a rack and grabbed a six-pack of bottled water.
    "That will be 500 pokedollars!" The tiny elder said. She grabbed a map from under the counter, and showed it to Dan. "And 1000 pokedollars for the map!"

Dan had visited the pokecenter. He was really glad his license made it free, because he didn't really have much money left after that old ha- ehm, lovely old lady let him out of the store. He was on his way to the trainer school now, and he managed to find it without getting lost. He did take the wrong turn thrice, but nobody would know that. He didn't plan on enrolling at the school, but he hoped to find someone to battle. He really wanted to let his Turtwig experience a real battle, and it wouldn't hurt to see what Litleo was capable off.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Mark Vens
    Pokemon Dollar: 3500
    Current Location: Jubilife City

Training Squad

Mark decided to just avoid the trainer, he turned his body around, turned his head down and began walking past him. He approached the woman in the counter, the woman asked, "Hello there, what do you need?". Mark faced the woman, "I would like to adopt the pokemon, if you don't mind" responded Mark.

The woman reached for one of the drawers and took the papers out, she passed a paper to Mark and gave him a pen. "Please sign here, and here" the woman said as she pointed at the paper. Mark placed the pen in his right hand and began to use his signature in the paper, a few seconds later, Mark placed the pen down and brought the paper to the woman. The woman placed the paper back to where she took it out.

She took one of the pokeballs and went over to Mark. "Congratulations, you are now the owner of Togepi". she said as she puts the pokeball in Mark's hands. "Togepi huh...".

Having five pokemon, he decided the perfect job for them to do. Training. But he didn't want to forget what he always does. "Time to meet a new friend, come on out everybody!". All of Mark's pokemon were sent out, they all responded with their names, except for the new pokemon. Mark took out his pokedex and identified the pokemon, "Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokémon, A proverb claims that happiness will come to anyone who can make a sleeping Togepi stand up".

Everyone, say hello to our new friend said Mark as he placed Togepi in front of him. His pokemon looked at Togepi with a smile, they called out their names except for Shinx who was looking away. "Alright then, I got an idea on what your name should be. Happi! he said looking at Togepi. Togepi closed it's eyes while smiling, "Togepi". Mark returned all of them back to their pokeballs except for his Squirtle and went over to Route 203.

Mark arrived in his rocky destination, he walked over to a field filled with rocks and sent out all of his pokemon. Alright guys, here is our training field, i'll test your strength".

His first pokemon was Squirtle, "Teltoise, hit it with Hydro Pump and then use Rapid Spin!". Squirtle fired a strong blast of water into the rock, he sprang over to it as he went inside his shell and spun inside, causing damage to the rock. The rock broke into pieces and Squirtle stood back.

His second pokemon was Bidoof, "Alright Dave, I want you to use Icy Wind first, then launch your Superpower". The wind turned cold, a gust flew over to the rock and froze it, Bidoof used his mighty force to shatter the rock. Bidoof then took a break.

His third pokemon was Shinx, "Here goes nothing, Flashy, use Ch-". Mark was cut off when sparks came off of Shinx, charging him. Shinx let out a large lightning which broke the rock into two. "I guess your done... You... Can have a break" said Mark as he sighed.

His fourth pokemon was Growlithe, "Okay now, Growly, heat up the rock with your Flamethrower, then strike it with your Iron Tail!". Flames came out of Growlithe's mouth and heated up the rock, his tail glowed gray as he dashed over to the rock and hit it with it's tail. Growlithe sat down to rest.

His fifth pokemon was his new Togepi, he brought her to a small rock and said, "Take it easy, ok? Well, use your metronome". Togepi's tiny hands swayed and swayed, a blast suddenly came from the sky, destroying the small rock alongside some of the rocks near it. It shocked Mark and his other pokemon, Togepi looked at Mark with a smile. "Good job... You can have a nice and long break now" he said as he scratched his hair.

The training took them all day, Mark and his pokemon didn't have the time to go back to the Pokemon Center, therefore making them camp out in the rocky field.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Welcome to Jubilife!
    IOYRstc.png
    turtwig.gif
    litleo.gif

The inside was filled with people. Dan guessed there were at least 200 people walking around the school. He walked up to the counter, dodging the groups of school kids that walked through the lobby.
    "Ehm… I heard we could battle here?" He said, "I don't know if I'm at the right place?" The lady behind after the counter was pretty, with long brown hair.
    "You are at the right place, don't worry," she said, smiling, "just fill in a sign up here, and follow the hallway to the end." Dan received a piece of paper, and quickly scribbled down his details, in his squiggly, terrible handwriting.
    "Do I take this with me, or, ehm, do I, well, leave it with you?" He said. The girl just smiled and pointed towards the hallway. Dan awkwardly smiled and almost tripped when he tried to disappear into the hallways.
    "You're so smooth, Dan," he said to himself. At the end of the hallway was a big door, and the word 'arena' was printed above it in thick black letters. The door was opened automatically, and it opened to a stairwell that spiraled to a lower floor. The basement was a big training ground, with around 8 battlefields. A big burly man walked up to him.
    "Hiya kiddo!" Dan was hit by a big hand, with a lot of force behind him. "You look like you want to battle!" He pushed Dan towards one of those fields.
    "Colin, I found you a partner!" The big man yelled to a boy apparently named Colin at the other side. Colin was a lengthy kid with red curly hair, and wore a school outfit a size to small.
    "I'm Colin," he yelled from the other side of the field, "nice to meet you!"
    "Nice to meet you too," Dan yelled back, "so, now we just battle?"

"Yes," the big man said, now standing at the side line.

Dan's Turtwig landed on all four, and showed he was ready for action. Colin sent out a Cubone.
    "Turtwig, use razor leaf." Razor sharp leaves shot out, hitting the Cubone with full force. Not a second later, a bone hit Turtwig from behind. Turtwig lost balance, and fell flat on the ground.
    "Use absord!" Turtwig drained the ground pokemon's energy. The Cubone walked towards him, seemingly getting weaker with every step. He grabbed the bone that lay next to the Turtwig, and started hitting him on the head. Turtwig returned inside his shell, without stopping the draining of energy. The Cubone started hitting harder, and shook the shell with every hit. Leaves started shooting out from every side in the shield, catching the Cubone of guard.
    "Turtwig, use absorb again!" This time the draining was too much for the Cubone, and it fainted.

Colin's next pokemon was an Oddish.
    "Oddish, use Acid!" Purple liquid sprayed over Turtwig, drawing out a scream from the turtle, fainting it.
    "No worries, buddy," Dan said, "you did great." He sent out his Litleo, who he used in battle for the first time now. The pokemon ran around the field, incredibly excited, and completely clueless to the situation.
    "Litleo, use ember!" The Litleo spit out small embers, but they landed nowhere near the Oddish. A little flame burned on the battlefield, as Litleo received an Oddish to the side, toppling him over. He got up and started running around, grabbing the leaves of the Oddish in his teeth, dragging it with him. The Oddish used Acid again, but its uncomfortable position made it impossible for him to hit the Litleo, and instead, the poison dripped unto the field. The fire pokemon dropped the Oddish, and curiously looked at the puddle of purple poison. It stuck its tongue in it, and immediately pulled away from it, running around with a face that screamed disgust.
    "Litleo?"
    It kept on running, no regards for its trainer nor its opponent. After a second or ten it seemed to have figured out that the Oddish was the cause of the burning feeling on its tongue, and it jumped towards it, using ember again.
    "Welp, you just do you," Dan said, while his Litleo fired small embers at the Oddish, until the grass pokemon couldn't handle it anymore, and fainted.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Inventory
    -PokéBall ×5

Mireille Birkshire
    Back in known territory

220.gif

Mireille quickly stood up, exited by the chance to test her skills as a trainer. The boy detached a PokéBall from his belt a called for his Bidoof. Truffles was still occupied by digging a hole in the sand and Mireille had to call the Swinub by her name to make her notice she was needed for a battle here. Back on the surface, Mireille gave the first command of the battle, to use Mud Slap. Mud splashed in the Bidoof's face partially blocking its sight. "Bidoof, use Tackle!" was the counter move proposed by its trainer.
    After the Bidoof rammed into Truffles, she responded by Biting the beaver Pokémon. The latter tried to hit another Tackle, but estimated the Swinub's location wrongly and hit the beach sand at full power, making an easy target for Truffles to finish it with another Bite. Wohoo! First victory! Then it appeared the kid had a second Pokémon, a Pidgey.
    The second part of the battle didn't last very long. The Pidgey opened with a simple Tackle attack, dealing a good amount of damage to Truffles. Mireille could notice it, Truffles didn't have much energy left to keep on battling. Pidgey, I've seen those a lot back in Johto. The bird is normal/flying, which means it should be weak against an ice type attack. "Truffles, use Powder Snow!" A wind of snow flakes circled around the Pidgey, which fell down and was unable to stand up again.

The boy gave a shout of disappointment with his loss when he recalled his Pidgey. "How could I lose two versus one?"
    "Even when I only just started as a Pokémon, my Swinub and me have been together for thirteen years now, meaning our bond is really strong, that helps too. But I'm sure you'll get there point too and be much stronger than me when you reach my current age." Mireille answered, patting the boy on the head. They greeted each other goodbye and Mireille headed back to Sandgem Town.

Mireille entered the Pokémon Center and walked towards the desk. "Hello, can my Swinub be healed, please?"
    "Of course. But you need to call it back into its PokéBall first, otherwise the machine wouldn't work."
    Mireille nodded, looked for the PokéBall in her bag, recalled Truffles and handed the Ball to the nurse. The machine made some bleeping noises, some lights flashed and it was done already.
    "Your Swinub has been restored to full health." the nurse said and handed Truffles's Ball back. "We hope to see you again."

Those last words stuck in Mireille's head. 'We hope to see you again.'? Weird. Do they want our Pokémon to get hurt? Probably because they'll otherwise lose their jobs. Or maybe it's just some standard slogan they have to say. Mireille kept thinking about that for a bit when she walked further and before she completely realized it she already stood in Jubilife City. Those are really close. Now I wonder why I've never visited Sandgem before.

Jubilife wasn't Mireille's favored type of city, too big. Flats showed up everywhere and the streets were as crowded as always. Luckily she was familiar with the city already and could find her way, meaning not having to wander about through the whole city to actually find where's she's going."Okay, there's a lot to do here. Where shall we go?" asked Mireille. Although she directed the question to Truffles, she particularly asked it to herself.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Chapter 3: The Oreburgh Gym!​

After taking in the incredible city of Jubilife, it's time to go to Oreburgh. Oreburgh is the city on stones, laying in a valley, and filled with minerals. It thrives on their mining industry, led by Roark, the Oreburgh gym leader.

Objectives:
    Reach Oreburgh City, and get the Oreburgh gym badge.

Optional Objectives:
    Explore the Oreburgh's gate lower floors.
    Take a tour in the mines. Don't go in unsupervised though, they are very dangerous!

Routes:
    Route 203
    A rocky route that connects Oreburgh and Jubilife. The route is very peaceful, and has a very natural atmosphere.
    Pokemon:
    Zubat, Abra, Shinx, Kricketot, Starly, Cubone, Ralts, Lotad, Seedot, Spewpa, Wurmple

Oreburgh Gate
    A small cave on top, the Oreburgh Gate is a big cave network, with lots of space to get lost in. The top floor is small, but the lower floors are great places to explore
    Pokemon, Floor 1:
    Geodude, Zubat, Psyduck, Roggenrola
    Pokemon, Floor 2:
    Zubat, Woobat, Geodude, Roggenrola, Aron, Machop, Onix, Shellos, Barboach

Route 207
    A route filled with grass and dirt, divided in half by a very steep hill, that's not climable.
    Pokemon:
    Phanpy, Machop, Ponyta, Phanpy, Gligar, Stantler, Larvitar, Sawk, Throh

Back