• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
How do you think Pangoro manages to use the leaf in its mouth to sense enemy movements?

Master Shifu taught this one kind of Pokémon well. Trust me.

pkmin3033

519 - PIDOVE

600px-519Pidove.png

"This very forgetful Pokémon will wait for a new order from its Trainer even though it already has one."

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him, stop that pigeon now! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Pidove! The standard Normal/Flying-type Bird Pokemon for the fifth generation, Pidove resembles a pigeon, a bird more affectionately referred to as a rat with wings. Not quite in the top percentage of all bird Pokemon, Pidove is notoriously stupid, noisy, and found in flocks everywhere...just like pigeons. Such a Pokemon is perfectly suited to our loveable protagonist Ash and, unsurprisingly, it was the first Pokemon he caught in the Unova region, being a cornerstone of his team until it ultimately evolved into Unfezant. It has had several minor appearances in the Unova anime because, of course, pigeons are found everywhere.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Pidove! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you like Pidove in comparison to past Normal/Flying types? Did you use it?
  • Would you eat Kentucky Fried Pidove?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I actually really liked Pidove when Black and White first came out and I liked it even more when it started appearing in the anime. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of its evolved forms.

Would you eat Kentucky Fried Pidove?
Of course not, have you ever tried Pidgeon? There's a lot of bones in it and the effort to eat it just isn't worth it. I also don't think a fast food restaurant would be able to keep any of its minimum wage workers if they had to de-bone Pidoves.

Adam Levine

Years
Did you like Pidove in comparison to past Normal/Flying types? Did you use it?

Although we needed a pigeon Pokémon so bad (Pidgey is NOT a pigeon), I found Pidove to be kind of pointless. Sure, it's cute, but boring. I have used it, mostly because I needed something that can learn Fly.

pkmin3033

472 - GLISCOR

472Gliscor.png

"This very forgetful Pokémon will wait for a new order from its Trainer even though it already has one."

Stone by day, warriors by night. We were betrayed by the humans we had sworn to protect. Frozen in stone by a magic spell for 1000 years. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Gliscor! In the early days of the DPPt metagame, a horrifyingly versatile nuisance by the name of Lucario was born...and thus was Gliscor born, to counter everything it could throw at it barring an Ice Punch (which it often couldn't use due to being outsped) and knock it out with a well-timed Earthquake. Times have unfortunately changed since then, with the advent of Mega Lucario, but Gliscor still looks rather terrifying and remains a useful Pokemon. The evolved form of Gligar and one of many fourth gen evolutions of older Pokemon that requires a specific item that will probably never be used to evolve any other Pokemon, Gliscor can learn six moves with a high critical hit ratio, more than any other Pokemon. In the anime, Ash's Gligar would ultimately evolve into Gliscor and, in typical Ash fashion, he let it go. It later returned, however. Paul also captured a Gliscor - which was formerly Ash's Gligar's boss of sorts, being the head of the pack - and Bertha would also use one when she appeared in the anime. Hers was, naturally, the strongest.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Gliscor! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Would you like to see Gliscor get a Mega Evolution? If so, how would you design it to make it relevant in the current metagame?
  • Ash's Gligar and Paul's Gliscor never actually battled against one another after Ash's Gligar had evolved. If they had battled again, who do you think would have won?

Adam Levine

Years
Ah, yes. My fifth most favorite Pokémon.

Ash's Gligar and Paul's Gliscor never actually battled against one another after Ash's Gligar had evolved. If they had battled again, who do you think would have won?

Considering the fact that Ash's particular Gliscor is FREAKING SHY, and Paul's wasn't raised well (I guess), maybe Paul's...out of fear that Paul might abandon it.

pkmin3033

209 - SNUBBULL

600px-209Snubbull.png

"Small Pokémon flee from its scary face. It is, however, considered by women to be cute."

Ohhhhh YES. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Snubbull! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Snubbull! An odd Pokemon that can't quite seem to decide whether it wants to be scary or cute, for some utterly bizarre reason Snubbull is classified as a Fairy Pokemon, despite the fact that it clearly takes inspiration from the bulldog, the most un-fairy type of dog there is. Perhaps solely because of this it was given the Fairy typing when Generation VI rolled around. Snubbull's main claim to fame in the anime came in the early Johto Saga, where it became a running gag for one to follow Team Rocket in the hopes of permanently latching itself to Meowth's tail. It was also one of the first second generation Pokemon introduced through Pikachu's Vacation, the short that played before Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Snubbull! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What did you think of the Snubbull running gag in the anime, when compared to other Pokemon running gags like Jigglypuff? Would you like to see Madame Munchmoney's Granbull return?
  • Do you think Snubbull really warranted being given the Fairy typing based solely on the fact that it's classified as the Fairy Pokemon? If you had to give Snubbull a different classification, what would you give it?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The first time playing Gen 2, i think Snubull was one of those pokemons that caught my eye, since it looked like a bulldog. Definitely something memorable to me. And when i finally got my snubull and let it grew into a Granbull, i was quite surprised with the drastic change of appearance.

To be honest, i never really liked the idea of giving Snubull a fairy type. I thought it was just so out of context since it doesn't look like a fairy-ish creature, nor it looked way too feminine to be one. I just thought that its original typing was already okay. Gamefreak plz.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
What did you think of the Snubbull running gag in the anime, when compared to other Pokemon running gags like Jigglypuff? Would you like to see Madame Munchmoney's Granbull return?

Snubbull's running gag (Do not kill me) is for me better than Jigglypuff's. Why not, it will make old viewers go watch again.

Do you think Snubbull really warranted being given the Fairy typing based solely on the fact that it's classified as the Fairy Pokemon? If you had to give Snubbull a different classification, what would you give it?

Nope, his Fairy typing just sucks man. Give it Dark and Fairy? TBH, that would be OP.

Adam Levine

Years
Do you think Snubbull really warranted being given the Fairy typing based solely on the fact that it's classified as the Fairy Pokemon? If you had to give Snubbull a different classification, what would you give it?

Even though Snubbull seemed like it needed a buff, I found the fact that it was a fairy to be ridiculous. Just give its classification the "Fairy Dog" Pokémon and we'll be alright.

pkmin3033

267 - BEAUTIFLY

267Beautifly.png

"Despite its looks, it is aggressive. It jabs with its long, thin mouth if disturbed while collecting pollen."

I can't believe it's not Butterfree! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Beautifly! One of Wurmple's fully evolved forms - and typically the one people wanted - Beautifly is, as it's name would suggest, a Butterfly Pokemon, sharing that classification with Butterfree. Beautifly is by far the moodier of the two however, and will even go so far as to suck the fluids from other living creatures that disturb it. Because, as any vampire will tell you, blood is the nectar of life. Beautifly was one of May's main Pokemon in the anime, netting her several contest wins, and being called upon so often that it actually made her Torchic jealous. Sinnoh Elite Four member Aaron also had a Beautifly, which he reunited with after abandoning it when it was a Wurmple...a reunion that didn't do either of them any good at Cynthia. Because pretty won't stop a Stone Edge to the face.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Beautifly! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Beautifly vs. Butterfree - which is the superior Butterfly Pokemon?
  • Beautifly is loosely based on a swallowtail butterfly. Are there any other butterflies you would like to see receive Pokemon adaptations?

Years
Beautifly vs. Butterfree - which is the superior Butterfly Pokemon?
Nothing against Beautifly, but Butterfree all day everyday.

Beautifly is loosely based on a swallowtail butterfly. Are there any other butterflies you would like to see receive Pokemon adaptations?
I'd like to see an owl butterfly Pokemon. They've got some of the neatest markings on their wings, and I'd love to see how that could be adapted into the Pokemon universe.

Adam Levine

Years

I guess I'll pick Beautifly for its more amazing design. Also Butterfree looks a little more like a humanoid than a butterfly.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
The real answer is Vivillon.

Beautifly is loosely based on a swallowtail butterfly. Are there any other butterflies you would like to see receive Pokemon adaptations?
I don't much about butterflies but if they include any new ones in Sun and Moon, I just hope it's not Bug/Flying type.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years

Butterfree because it is more useful.

I do not know but please make it a butterfly that can learn Fly.

pkmin3033

78 - RAPIDASH

078Rapidash.png

"Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it."

Charlieeee, we're going to Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain, Charlie! Charlieeeeee~ Today's Pokemon of the Day is Rapidash! A Pokemon that likes to run really, really fast - often to the tune of either Always by Erasure or Battlefield by Blind Guardian, depending on your taste - Rapidash has the distinction of being the favourite Pokemon of the Kanto Chairman of the Pokemon Fan Club, which means you'll end up hearing about it one way or another if you want a Bicycle...at length. A rather low-key Pokemon that has had very little in the way of video game usage (despite having reasonably good stats and movepool for lower tiers) and anime appearances, Rapidash is probably best known as that one flying horse in the first opening of the anime, as well as the Pokemon Ash used to win a random race in the first season.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Rapidash! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Back in the first generation, Rapidash was generally regarded as one of the fastest known Pokemon. Five additional generations on, which Pokemon (if any) do you think would beat Rapidash in a race?
  • How would you design a Mega Rapidash?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I can honestly say that both Rapidash and Ponyta are the two first gen mons that I am most indifferent towards.

I was kind of disappointed that Platinum in the manga had one since that meant another Pokemon didn't get the spotlight.

Adam Levine

Years
Sometimes I get too weirded out by Rapidash. It's naked...I think.

Back in the first generation, Rapidash was generally regarded as one of the fastest known Pokemon. Five additional generations on, which Pokemon (if any) do you think would beat Rapidash in a race?

Ninjask, Deoxys, Accelgor, Scolipede, Infernape, Yanmega, and Greninja, just to name a few.

(Dangit, you went with a Charlie the Unicorn reference)

pkmin3033

524 - ROGGENROLA

600px-524Roggenrola.png

"The hexagonal-shaped hole is its ear. It has a tendency to walk in the direction the sound is coming from."

I love Roggenrol, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby~ Today's Pokemon of the Day is Roggenrola! A weird little rock with a gaping hole in it which seems unassuming until you realise that the hole is it's ear, Roggenrola served as the Geodude of the fifth generation - you encountered it a lot, and you couldn't kill it in one thanks to its Sturdy ability making it useless for quick training. Thankfully it doesn't get access to Selfdestruct at all and learns Explosion at Level 40, so it could have been worse. With the lowest total base stat of all rock-types, Roggenrola is quite a fragile little thing...so, naturally, Ash caught one in the anime. It would later evolve into Boldore and became slightly more useful. All of it's other appearances have been small cameos.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Roggenrola! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How did you react when you found out the hole in Roggenrola's body was actually its ear?
  • How do you suppose Roggenrola eats, or sees, or speaks?

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
How did you react when you found out the hole in Roggenrola's body was actually its ear?

I...I... I don't even... Why...

How do you suppose Roggenrola eats, or sees, or speaks?

It doesn't need to eat; it's a ROCK. It doesn't need to see; it already has a giant ear. It doesn't need to speak; it's still a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back