• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

If I remember correctly weren't the microtransactions and crap because of the publisher? I could totally be wrong about that but I remember that when they acquired the rights to the franchise they were removed.

Or maybe some other things happened. I dunno: I haven't really followed the game.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I finally figured out how to use all of the ammo that i bought and even crafted in the reloading stations in Fallout New Vegas. Feels good to finally progress through the story and also take out some aggressors in the form of bark scorpions, psycho people, and more wasteland mutants.

Now i need to figure out ways to actually farm for more materials and my character in FONV can continue his journey.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Regardless of what the Payday 2 dev did after they got the rights back, they are still terrible towards their console customers. And that's a shame, because I really enjoyed Payday 2 on the 360 with friends, but the current gen versions are garbage. To this day.

And instead of patching it, they are releasing new versions. Sigh.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I finally figured out how to use all of the ammo that i bought and even crafted in the reloading stations in Fallout New Vegas. Feels good to finally progress through the story and also take out some aggressors in the form of bark scorpions, psycho people, and more wasteland mutants.

Now i need to figure out ways to actually farm for more materials and my character in FONV can continue his journey.

Lol did you never wonder why you cant bind your sidearm to 2? It's too bad FO4 is only a quarter of the game New Vegas was...

Regardless of what the Payday 2 dev did after they got the rights back, they are still terrible towards their console customers. And that's a shame, because I really enjoyed Payday 2 on the 360 with friends, but the current gen versions are garbage. To this day.

And instead of patching it, they are releasing new versions. Sigh.

I don't disagree with above. They need to just let go of consoles since they don't do anything for them anyways and just making a PC exclusive. The only good thing console gets is that it's way cheaper to get the console version than PC version...

While I'm sure the console crowd would feel hurt for a little bit, it's not like overkill was planning on supporting the game this time either... I bet they didn't even add the Hoxton's Housewarming Party stuff...

Arsenic

Years
  • I just found out United Front Games was shut down. Thanks Squenix and your unrealistic sales goals now I'll never get a real sequel to Sleeping Dogs... but mean if it doesn't sell 8 million copies it's obviously a failure right?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • That lovely feeling when i get to play Overwatch on 60 frames per secko and i start destroying people with Reaper, Soldier 76, and the unlikely Widowmaker.

That lovely feeling when someone asked me "Hey Widow? Can you actually snipe?" and I repay our team in kind with some lovely beast snipes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I just found out United Front Games was shut down. Thanks Squenix and your unrealistic sales goals now I'll never get a real sequel to Sleeping Dogs... but mean if it doesn't sell 8 million copies it's obviously a failure right?
    Seems pretty last ditch to me. Right now Squenix really needs to recoup or they go kaput. Can't say the way they've been going about it in terms of development costs for properties they expect to help them recover goes (especially looking at all the money they're putting into FFXV's advertising), but seeing this really does put into perspective exactly how much stock the company puts into the developers it takes under its wing.

I'm not going to call it scummy yet since I don't know all the details, or most of them even, but if they really just use them as disposable limbs to leech off of until they suck 'em dry...well. I think my thoughts should be pretty obvious.

Sir Codin

I noticed we had a conversation earlier about why watch other people play games (streams, LPs n stuff).

Maddox did an excellent video on this:

1. Watch someone better than you play
    2. Listen to fun personalities
    3. Awareness of obscure games

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • While I'm here worrying about other things, BF1 is on the horizon and I keep forgetting to save money for my future game collection.

BF1's definitely on my top priority and having heard from others, the game actually is able to support lower end computers better than BF4. That should benefit people who don't have 1kUSD computers.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Played some Operations mode in Battlefield 1 last night. Got absolutely destroyed by the zeppelin. Holy smokes.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • This latter half of 2016 and in the "ber" months has been quite a roller cockster of a ride in video games.

Shadow Warrior 2 = As expected, was so great that I should definitely get it now and if physical copies do not exist in our stores, I'll demand them to get physical discs for me to buy.

Funny how two of the most polarizing review sites have given Shadow Warrior 2 some rather interesting opinions. IGN rates this game an 8.6/10, but our favorite villainous victim jerkbag in Polygon reviews the game and gives it a mere 5/10... Obviously this is Polygon whose review writers are millennial cuckbois who are.. nevermind. The more i think about Polygon, the more I remember their old Doom video.

Battlefield 1 = another game I definitely have to get since reviews for BF1 have been favorable so far, like it or not.

Infinite Warfare = Beta just came out for the consoles and people are complaining on how busted/OP sniping is right now on consoles with that aim assist, the kill streaks are not as powerful nor as influential because a lot of the maps make it too easy for players to avoid getting air bombed, and Ghost from Black Ops 1 is back... ok..

Modern Warfare Remastered = Basically the complete opposite of the IW beta. Obviously people love this because its CoD4 from the get go, from the perks, weapons, maps, mechanics, and even the oddities such as attaching a Red Dot or Silencer on the AK47 decreases its damage (30-40 default to just 20-40). Unfortunately of course the most universally hated perks such as Martyrdom, Last Stand, and the ever wonderful or devlish Frag X3 and Special Nade X3 are back as well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Are Polygon's reviews even any good? At least based on their ratings I say they should just drop the numbered system and go on a recommendation basis. It's pretty often I see that they have pretty low scores for things that are otherwise praised, but I can't say much for or against them because I don't really read their reviews. Or the reviews of any major sites in recent years.

Do people still put stock in Metacritic or did that die with 2015?

Sir Codin

Polygon is notorious for letting ideology and incompetence get in the way of their reviewing and articles.

I put more stock in IGN than Polygon or anything owned by Vox Media. Just look at what happened with Rock Band 4 and DOOM

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I have three XBOX One Infinite Warfare beta codes that I can hand out to people. One per person, first come, first serve.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Polygon's review of Shadow Warrior 2 in a nutshell:

HURRRDURRRR game feels like it should have been in 1997 dhausduasdhaiushdaiusdasd. This game is sexist. this game should have been left in 1997....

Heck, I didn't really check the profile of the person who made the Shadow Warrior 2 review until i read in the comments section that a woman made a review. I don't mean to sound anything but this is what i expected. Then again, considering how Polygon is full of reviewers who can't tell the difference between an honest and informative game review to a blog, REGARDLESS IF THEY ARE MALE OR FEMALE Mind you, I'm not surprised. Heck, even if a male reviewer from Polygon did their own Shadow Warrior 2 review, the verdict for the game could have been the same, again regardless of SEX and Sexual Orientation. So it doesn;t matter if this is a reviewer who's a chick that likes flirting and kissing with other chicks or a dude that likes being on the receiving end of the big **ck booty bang bang, as long they are from Polygon and pretty much molded by Polygon, they'll act that way.

But the real big sin for me with the Polygon review of Shadow Warrior 2 was that there was no CLEAR AND THOROUGH explanation on why the reviewer didn't find the gameplay appealing. It was just full of idealogical bullcrap and mixed feelings. There was no explanation on how the game works and what makes or breaks the game. Nothing. It was just an opinion or a tumblr tldr post handcoated to look like a review.

The comments in Polygon's reviews are always amazing to read. Many of the comments are far better reviews than the review made in the site. And then there's going back to the whole Story vs Gameplay bullsh*t that always ends up sneaking its way into things. And then there's the whole "This was okay back in the 90's but not today" idealogies that really just never seem to f**king leave the system.

One thing that i do agree upon though from the other reviews of Shadow Warrior 2, the writing and the jokes are kinda.. well.. yeah. But corny jokes and lame puns aside, that doesn't really stop the game. Yes Shadow Warrior 2 isn't absolutely perfect but it still gets the job done especially with how it differs so much from its predecessor, i mean the Borderlands style of Shoot-n-loot but minus the wannabee Call of duty controls (because everyone's tired of that bullsh*t) but simply the smooth controls from the Shadow Warrior reboot? Hell yeah! After all, you don't go into Shadow Warrior or any game that sells through its gameplay coated with Blood, ultraviolence, and supermurder expecting a story that "enriches the mind, deepens the thinking, widens the worldviews" and other unimportant artistic bullsh*t that makes me want to grab my Super Shotgun and my BFG and tell these millenial techbloggers a 100 meter lecture on what makes video games enjoyable in the first ***king place while I torture them through repeatedly shooting them close to their feet so they could dance while learning from my lecture.

On the other hand, IGN's review of Shadow Warrior 2 was a lot more reasonable. At least the reviewer actually took time to explain some of the good, great, and even poor things that the game has. Some of which are in common with the concesus of SW2's other reviews. Considering how I still can't forgive IGN for some of its own atrocities in the past, I'd definitely put more stock on IGN's reviews than Polygon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Well, what I want from review is that it should actually not critic them based on feelings, but based on what on the game has and it's pros and cons, then make a conclusion about it. If they make the game review that is just like " Uh, this is suck" and there's no elaboration about why is it suck though, that is no good.

Arsenic

Years
  • I just played the VR game "Accounting". I just... I cannot even formulate a thought about how to express what I went through...

Yukari

I still can't help but feel like VR is a gimmick that has been really overhyped.

Of course if it is all that grand I still can't see when using a VR headset so I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • That's actually a pretty fair assessment. VR is still in its infancy stages and a lot of developers are just getting used to the quirks of developing for it. So, yeah, it's understandable that it hasn't really made any substantial splashes; what with all of the shovelware and experimental games. But, most people can see the potential and that's why there is such a craze for it. Because it can only get better as the hardware advances and more folks get accustomed to it. So, in a couple of years, I'm sure VR can eventually blossom into its own beautiful thing, just that time isn't now, lol.

PSVR, on the other hand... It's cute for what its worth. But, that's not the direction that I'd want VR to head down. The whole 1080p screen being stretched over 100° between two eyes is going to be an issue, as you can only fit so much fidelity in that space. And, the non-existent roomscale is a real bummer, as that's one of the driving points about VR, even if it's still limited in regards to the Oculus and Vive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back