• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30 Days of Gaming Challenge, v2.0!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Day 9: Sad Scene in a video game that would make me play the sad violin music in a non sarcastic manner

Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC's Finale.
    Spoiler alert btw:
    Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 9 - Saddest Game Scene
    -------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • ^Not to be rude or anything but I felt that the entire relationship thing was so tacky and unneeded. Annoying even.

Day 9 - Saddest scene blah blah blah

My saddest scene is tied between Mass Effect 3 and Gears of War 3. Spoilers below obviously

ME3 - Mordin's sacrafice

GOW3 - Dom's Sacrafice

Characters I like sacrificing themselves always gets me...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 10: Overrated?

I wasn't exactly sure what to say with most games considering that I consider most games to be well deserving of their review scores, some games not even deserving of their review scores (in this context, REALLY GOOD GAMES not getting enough justice from reviewers), and some games just plainly sucking so much that they don't deserve anything else. However, one game that still kinda bothers me is this one:

Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Wait wut how?

Spoiler:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 10 - A Game That Is Overrated

Skyrim. I can't wait to get flak for this opinion.

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 10: Overrated
    Spoiler:

My answer? All the stupid 10 year old games. Why? I'm sure that can be figured out without me saying...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 11 - Gaming System Of Choice

XBOX 360. So many good hits. So much time played on it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 11: Gaming System of Choice

Disclaimer: Not my own images but still representative of my choice

Spoiler:

PC.

Why? Pretty simple. You can go swing either way. Retro or Current gen, while still having something that's essential in these times for basically whatever. Sure it can cost a fortune, but its a worthy investment. And a well built one can last several years before gaming tech decides to level up again thus encouraging updates and upgrades, which usually does take time and mroe often than not, is not a massive spike increase.

Having a great PC is like having a nice car. Its something that one can be proud off. Its something one can take care with all their heart. Its something that I can tune up to my own personal liking, at my own expense and disposition.

Also, having one makes all the jealous cucks, less than 18 year old kids who try to act like f**1ng hipsters, and even feminist nazis question why you go that far? Your answer? because YOU ARE A MANN. A REAL MANN

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 11: Gaming System of Choice

PC Obviously. I rarely ever touch anything else. Selected and assembled every part myself. Drove 3 hours to get the case I wanted.

Did I mention the HTC Vive we have here? That's a whole reason on it's own (Nintendo's got nothing on HTC)

PC does and plays just about everything I need (excluding a couple console exclusives(becoming less of a problem with that new Msoft initiative though))

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 12 - A Game Everyone Should Play

Hmm...

Spoiler:

Forza Horizon 3. This game is sooooooooooooooo good. Best in the series, and best open world racing game in a long ass time.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 12: A game every sane individual with at least normal level of IQ and even emotional q or EQ should play

If i earned a dollar AND a euro for everytime i tell people to play the Doom (Classic Doom and all of the delicious Doom mods and wads, Doom 64, Doom 3, Doom 2016) games, I should be a quadrillionare by now. But I'll be original. Obviously I've already done my previous statement already A LONG TIME AGO but for the sake of this challenge:

This is a rather challenging thing for me to say but the PSX had so many great and even underappreciated games that it would take me a LITERAL 30 Days to mention them all so I'll just stick with my guns in...

Parasite Eve
    6iAb28V.png
    Parasite_Eve_II_Coverart.png

Parastie Eve has always struck me as a game series that I should have played years ago but I couldn't. Playing it right now, I could easily recommend a couple of people to try the games out if they can get over the rather shoddy battle system the game has. But of course for what the games are worth, despite the shoddy battle system, the games have always had a rather interesting and intriguing story.

I'm sharing this today because if there's something that I would like to boldly declare in the era of HD Remasters and even Reboots, I think Parasite Eve deserves a shot at it, which is why I'm recommending others to play the Parasite Eve games to see if the games should definitely be rebooted or at least Remastered for the new generation.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Day 12 - A Game Everyone Should Play

Bioshock Infinite.

Why? Because I think it's a wonderful example of a game that has an idea and even a solid heritage and manages to present itself as a solid game when it's really just a nice narrative wrapped in design that completely misses the point (the point set by its predecessors). It's a good learning experience for as a standalone experience, better if you've played either of the previous games for the sake of comparison.

Considering the game went through development hell, though, I don't think the fault can really be put in one place. But either way, that's my pick.

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 12 - A Game Everyone Should Play

Easy, Half-Life/Black Mesa Source

The game reinvented environmental story telling as well as shooting gameplay. It's also a big reason we have WASD for buttons. My words cannot do this game the justice it deserves for being such an influential character in not only shooters but video games in general.

It's sequel is almost as ground breaking but the original edges it out just a bit, not to mention the story isn't forever stuck on a cliffhanger.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 13 - A Game You've Played More Than Five Times

Pretty much the entire Pokemon series, but I'll just pick X/Y. Played so many times to experience all of the new Pokemon.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 13: Game played more than 5 times

Not counting any purely competitive multiplayer games...

118124218365.jpg

Time Crisis 2:
    Time Crisis 2 is known to be the easiest of the Time Crisis series to play. Anyone who has a basic modicum of playing the Time Crisis series could easily do at worst, drop a few credits, and at best, do the whole thing deathless + No miss + and at 1 Credit Clear, which the latter is actually quite possible. I've played Time Crisis 2 more than 5 times in order to perfect it and the last time I did play such before any of the TC2 arcade cabinets got replaced by the newer games in the series, i was able to clear the game with only a few hits taken, due to me playing poorly in the last few levels.

Arsenic

Years
  • Day 13: Game you've played more than 5 times

Arma 3. I've played way more than 5 times. Heck I'm playing right now as I type this! Nothing like scratching that tactical military itch, especially like cool mods like the RHS series which adds a whole bunch of Russia and US factions and weapons that are in use and deployed right now today.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Day 14: Wallpaper i use because I'm such a playah

Because I'm definitely not a Reaper main in Overwatch
    Spoiler:

I often select a few depending on my current mood. I decided to have a Reaper wallpaper and that particular image as well since its different from the typical Black/Dark Grey color scheme'd Reaper wallpapers out there.

Back