• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Create-A-Hero [Submissions] Week 2: Overwatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Note:
    This "format" I am using is free for everyone to use. Just feel free to refine and even provide your own CSS with this "Format" I'm using for the post, and I'll be more than happy to beautify my thread entry ;)

NEW UPDATE: After much deliberation, I've decided to revamp my hero idea's primary weapon from a Double Barreled Shotgun type into a more "High Tech" Fully Automatic Shotgun type. Full Auto shotguns aren't in overwatch yet, and let my updated Hero idea be the first!

Also, to aid in navigation, certain CODES have been placed. These codes can be accessed by simply using your browser's "Find" option (CTRL+F for windows)
    I. Overview -> ##OVRVIEW
    II. Lore and Story -> ##LORDE
    III. Summary -> ##SUMMARY
    IV. Weapons and Skills -> ##WEAPSKILL
    V. Voiceovers and audio cues -> ##THEVOICE
    VI. Gameplay Description -> ##GAMEPLAY
    VII. Updates and Future plans ->> ##STUFF

OVERVIEW ##OVRVIEW
    Name: Jacob
    Full Name: Jack Colbert Irons
    Type: Offense
    Base health: 235/235
    Spoiler:

(These are placeholder images. A MUCH IMPROVED version of this overall Hero splash will be done in the near future)

Lore/Story ##LORDE
    "I don't sell policy, I sell power. I am a superpower for hire!"
    (I absolutely suck at writing lore for now)

Spoiler:

SUMMARY: ##SUMMARY
    Jacob is a short ranged marksman who uses his signature shotgun the "Crowdsourcer" to deal superior damage with the potential to chain massive amounts of kills through the use of his other abilities and advanced movement tech. However, despite the immense power of said weapon, the Crowdsourcer's main drawback is that it fires 2 shells at once, forcing Jacob to reload for every shot he makes. However, Jacob has abilities to mitigate the Crowdsourcer's weaknesses as well as a handful of gadgets courtesy of Pandora's supplementary weapons division.

Weaponry and Abilities ##WEAPSKILL

Passive Ability: Moving Forward
    Jacob gains additional movement speed as he moves, capping at 20% more Movement speed after 4 seconds.

Additionally, at Maximum Speed[/U, Jacob can jump into walls to Wall Run on them for up to 6 seconds.

Jacob gradually loses his bonus movement speed from Moving Forward upon being idle or standing still for 5 seconds.

N0sYk13.jpg

Weapon: The Crowdsourcer
    Type: Fully Automatic Shotgun
    Damage: 4-14 per pellet
    Number of Pellets fired per shot: 10
    Total Damage: 40-140 per shot (40 Minimum Damage, 140 Max damage)
    Ammo Clip Size: 8
    Rate of Fire: 500 Rounds per minute
    Reload Time: 1.25 seconds

Notes:
    When fired, the 2 shells loaded in the chamber are fired at once, then the weapon is reloaded. At 4-14 Damage per pellet, and with 20 pellets fired from both barrels, the maximum damage dealt by the Crowdsourcer is at 80-280 damage provided that every pellet hits the target. Each pellet can deal even more damage via a headshot.

NEW UPDATE! UPGRADE COMPLETE! - Jacob now has a Fully Automatic Shotgun!

Alternate Weapon Fire: Grenade Launcher
    Type: Explosive Projectile
    Damage: 100 Minimum, 200 Maximum

Notes:
    - Grenade Launcher has an internal cooldown of 9 seconds after firing.
    - The grenade type can be changed with Differentiation
    - The Grenade launcher deals more damage depending on distance traveled. At the furthest possible distance, the grenade can deal up to 200 damage.

Ability 2: Short Term positioning
    Jacob dashes a few feet into a direction he's moving towards to, as well as automatically reloading the Crowdsourcer. The cooldown of Short Term Positioning can be reduced for each pellet that hits an enemy hero.

Notes:
    - Base Cooldown: 17 seconds
    - Cooldown reduced for each pellet hit -> 0.5 seconds
    - Short Term positioning DOES NOT instantly reload The Crowdsourcer's Alternate fire. Only the primary fire is instantly reloaded.

Ability 3: Diversification
    Jacob can switch between 2 different grenade types for the Crowdsourcer's alternate fire:
    -> High Explosive
    -> Smoke Grenade

Notes:
    - Diversification can be activated in the middle of combat, provided that the player can switch grenade types fast enough.
    - High explosive is the default payload or grenade type that the Crowdsourcer carries
    - Smoke Grenades cover an area with a cloud of red smoke that briefly slows enemy heroes caught in the cloud, and blurring their vision for 3 seconds (BLOODY SCREEN! SO REEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!)
    - Smoke Grenades' area of effect radius is increased by the distance traveled.

Ultimate Ability: Capital Assets
    Voice lines:
    "Read the Waiting Launch Orders!" (Player and Enemy)
    Friendly Jacob - "We need Backup!"

Jacob summons two combat AI Drones, Apollo and Artemis. Apollo is a fast flying attack drone that bombards enemies with Machine Guns and Heat seeking Missiles while Artemis is a protector drone that always hovers by Jacob while providing him with an anti ballistic shield that reduces incoming enemy damage. Artemis is protected by a thermo shield that protects it from all forms of damage until its shield is depleted while Apollo is vulnerable to enemy fire. Apollo will prioritize enemy heroes that have been shot by Jacob.

Apollo (Attack Drone) voice lines:
    Friendly
    Spotting enemy hero - "Incoming hostiles"
    Attacking enemy hero - "Sector locked in!"
    Eliminating enemy hero - "Everybody's got to die sometimes"

Apollo stats:
    Health - 200/200
    Damage: Mini Hellfire missiles - 30 x 2, Gatling Gun - 8 per hit

Hostile:
    Being spotted by Apollo - "Targeting Systems Primed!"

Artemis voice lines:
    Providing Anti Ballsitic Shield: "Buckle Up sir!"
    Being damage by enemy hero: "Me? You sure?"
    Being damaged continuously: "We're hit! WE'RE HIT! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! Just kidding!"

Artemis stats:
    Shields: 500/500
    Health: 300/300

Artemis Anti-Ballistic Shield -> 150 Extra shield health for Jacob

Notes:
    - Capital Assets drones are desummoned when Jacob is killed.
    - Damage dealt by Apollo does not generate ultimate charge for Jacob
    - Artemis will only provide the Anti Ballistic shield to its master, Jacob. Should there be other Jacob players around the field, the other Jacob will NOT get Artemis' shield. as of the latest patch, ALL modes are limited to only one hero per pick. ggty Blizzard.

VOICE OVERS AND OTHER AUDIO CUES: ##THEVOICE
    General Voice Overs
    Hero Selected:
    "Its time to show you knockoffs how things are done!"

Mid Game Swap:
    "These idiots can't even do their jobs right."

Respawning:
    "I'm lucky to be STILL alive"
    "This is worse than the company meetings"
    "I don't know what's worse, dying, or getting fired"

Using Abilities
    Short Term Positioning towards enemy heroes:
    "Bring it!"
    "How about a face full of lead?"

Short term positioning away from enemy heroes:
    "See ya!"
    "I'll kill you later!"

Spotting enemy heroes:
    "Dumasses incoming!"
    "Shoot those bastards down!"

Spotting enemy snipers (Hanzo/Widowmaker/Ana)
    "A sniper's over there.."

Spotting Turrets (Thorbjorn/Symmetra)
    "Hostile junk pieces ahead!"

Kill Quotes:
    General
    "Nothing personal, I'm just better than you"
    "I'll be personally writing down your obituary"
    "I've claimed your estate. Don't worry about it"
    "Pandora won't be covering any of your insurances that's for sure"
    "That's one less dumba** to worry about"

Killing Overwatch Members (Soldier 76, Bastion, Tracer, Reinhardt)
    "Just cleaning up the trash" (General quote against all members of the original Overwatch team)
    "Too bad you couldn't rewind a few years ago, when you were still relevant" (Mocking Tracer)
    "It's obvious who's the deadliest soldier around" (at Soldier 76)
    "Definitely grabbing these new schematics" (at Bastion)

Killing Reaper:
    "You should stay dead, it helps" (Jacob making fun of Reaper in general)
    "Its quality over quantity!" (Jacob's Super Shotgun vs Reaper's dual shotguns)

Killing D.Va:
    "We had a sponsorship in reserve. Guess that will be talked about during the corporate meeting (Reference to Sponsorships in general, Imagine D.Va having a Pandora sponsorship?)

Killing Pharah:
    "Don't worry. I won't tell your mother" (Please don't tell my momma quote often referenced by people who died. I dunno just roll with it)

Killing Winston:
    "Even with your boosts you couldn't even win!? Such a shame" (Boosted Monkey reference lul Xinpls)
    "I hope that wasn't in anyway captured by some random smuck with his smart phone" (Harambe reference)

Killing another Jacob:
    "Dealing with software piracy is one thing but this!?"
    "We need new management policies" (DRM and service reference)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY DESCRIPTION ##GAMEPLAY

When one thinks of playing Jacob, one has to think of making risky business deals. High Risk, High Reward. That summarizes what playing Jacob feels like as he battles with and against Overwatch.

Jacob's gameplay is all about positioning with the Crowdsourcer shotgun. It is key for Jacob to know the strengths and limitations of said weapon. The Crowsourcer's immensely high damage output of 4-14 x 10 damage per pellet (40 min, 140 max) along with a rather devastatingly high fire rate for a Full auto shotgun is limited by the weapon's small clip size of 8 rounds. The short range of Jacob's crowdsourcer also limits the effective damage distance in which Jacob can at. This is off-set with The Crowdsourcer's alternate fire, the underbarrel Grenade Launcher, which discharges a high explosive grenade by default to deal with targets at longer ranges. Alternatively, the Grenade launcher can also launch a highly toxic smoke cloud that deals minor damage to enemy heroes but more importantly, blurs their vision while reducing their movement speed, making them open for a quick kill if they are unprepared.

To further offset Jacob's limited damage range, other than the Crowdsourcer's alternate fire, Jacob has numerous ways to get close into danger. Jacob's passive ability 'Moving Forward' enables him to move faster after running for a certain amount of time, which also enables him to wall run, allowing him to get into areas that other heroes may not be able to. Jacob can use this advanced movement tech to aid him into flanking enemy targets or getting close into enemies to be take them out. However, Moving Forward's movement speed bonus decays after a few seconds when Jacob stops moving. Keep that in mind.

Aiding in Jacob's is his potential is with his other skill in Short Term Positioning. Short Term Positioning not only allows Jacob to dash into a short distance, it also allows him to instantly reload the Crowdsourcer. Additionally, enemy heroes hit by the Crowdsourcer's pellets also reduce the cooldown of Short Term Positioning, allowing Jacob the potential to repeatedly deal damage and be quite slippery and nimble as long as he is hitting enemies. Should Jacob be able left alone in a teamfight, Jacob has the potential to single handily win a teamfight as he keeps blasting enemy heroes with the Crowdsourcer along with Short Term Positioning's instant reload perks.

Ultimately with Capital Assets, Jacob can summon two of Pandora's mighty combat drones in Apollo and Artemis to provide extra fire and life support should things go overly hectic for Jacob and his team. Apollo is a fast flying attack drone that hunts down enemy champions with near impunity while Artemis is a protector drone that provides Jacob with an anti-ballistic shield to reduce incoming enemy damage. These combat drones are tied with Jacob. If Jacob is somehow killed in action, the drones will go haywire and will crash and burn. Should the two combat drones be destroyed first, a small portion of Jacob's ultimate charge is refunded.

HERO MATCHUPS and COUNTERS:

VS Offense Heroes
    - Jacob is designed as the ultimate enforcer. No offense/DPS hero cannot match Jacob in a gunfight should Jacob get close to his maximum damage range. However, due to Jacob's short range, he can get punished by his opponent if he misses a shot. Pharah is a particularly decent counter against Jacob because of her access to higher ground.

VS Defense Heroes
    - Jacob's main issue is range. Hanzo and Widowmaker, who are sniper type heroes can poke out Jacob should he is not able to get his movement speed boost from Moving Forward to activate.

VS Tanks
    - Jacob's fully automatic shotgun is particularly effective at dealing damage against tanks however, The Crowdsourcer is offset by its rather weak damage per pellet compared to a similarly existing hero in Reaper.

UPDATES & FUTURE UPDATES & Important notes ##STUFF
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    HELL YEAH! Finally the supposed Hero idea thread that was meant to be. Also, i had help with a good friend to come up with this hero idea for Overwatch : D

Name: X9 aka MVX-9
    Full product name: Mighty Variable X series - #9
    Role: Offense
    Health: 200/200

Lore:
    (COMING SOON)

Also, images such as splash art and ability icons, also coming soon.

Weaponry and Abilities:
    Passive:
    Variable Weapon System

- Killing enemy heroes grants X9 an additional weapon system. X9 can have 1 special weapon at a time but can collect as many special weapons as he can. Special Weapons can be swapped over at the spawn room

Offense Heroes - Heat Seeking Plasma Rockets
    Defense Heroes - Cyro Grenades
    Tanks - Riot Control Shield
    Supports - Vampiric Drones

Additionally, Special Weapon Cells are generated when an enemy hero dies. The kills do not have to be X9's for the Special Weapon cells to spawn.

Note:
    The "kill" does not necessarily have to be X9's final blow to count in getting the special weapon from the enemy hero.

Passive 2: Shock Absorbers
    X9 can jump into walls and suffers no movement speed penalties after jumping or landing from tall heights.

Weapon: Plasma Blaster
    X9 fires bolts of plasma energy that deals a small amount of area of effect damage. X9's Plasma Blaster runs with an energy system. Overheating results in the Plasma Blaster needing to recharge. Reloading instantly recharges the Plasma Blaster into normal temperature.

Damage: 30 per direct hit. 1-14 splash damage based on distance.
    Projectile type
    Rate of Fire: 10 per second (600 RPM)
    Reload Speed: 1.9 seconds
    Headshot: Yes

Alternate Fire: Charged Shot
    Damage: 50 to 150
    Headshot: No

X9 can charge his plasma blaster to fire a powerful concentrated burst. Depending on how long the charge is, the damage, projectile speed, and area of effect of the Burst Shot is increased.

Weapon 2: Special Weapon System
    Cooldown: 0
    X9 can use Special Weapon systems gathered from eliminated enemy heroes. X9 Can swap between his primary plasma cannon and his Special Weapons.

Ability 1: Power Slide
    Cooldown: 7 Seconds
    X9 can body slide for a considerable distance. X9 can fire any of his weapons while sliding.

Ability 2: Targeting Sensor
    Cooldown: 4 Seconds
    Damage Amplification: 15%
    Projectile Speed Increase: 100%
    X9 can lock on to an enemy hero, increasing his weapons' projectile speed and damage against the marked target.

Ultimate Ability: Ultimate Armor
    Duration: 20 seconds
    Health Regenration: 5% of X9's total health per second

X9 fully heals half of his maximum health and draws both his Plasma Blaster and his Special Weapon at the same time. Under the effects of Ultimate Armor, X9 gains increased Weapon Energy and Health Regeneration. Additionally, Ultimate Armor also activates X9's shoulder mounted cannon which uses his Charged Shot, which is fired in tandem with X9's Plasma Blaster. If used at critical health (at 30% health or lower), Ultimate Armor fully heals X9 instead.

When Ultimate Armor is activated, X9 automatically activates his Targeting Sensor to all enemies within his line of sight.

Notes:
    Ultimate Armor can be activated even if X9 is disabled via stuns, sleeps, or other forms of Crowd control.

Voice Overs:
    Hero Selection:
    "Weapon Schematics Online"

Respawning:
    "Its not over yet"
    "What are we fighting for!?"

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • To anyone who has trouble cooking up their hero ideas, feel free to give me a shout if you need anything. Remember, don't think about balance! Its an idea after all. Balance is a post mortem thing in idea creation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back