• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30-Day Gaming Challenge part...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Day 9: Saddest game scene - I couldn't think of any so I'm just gonna go with Noctis and Luna's bitter-sweet wedding scene. I won't spoil it for people but when I realised where it was taking place and what had actually happened I was depressed for days lmao

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character

Day 7 - Best couple

Day 8 - Best OST - 3 way tie

Whole OST

(almost) Whole OST

Whole OST

Day 9 - Saddest moment

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 10 - A game that is overrated.

Fallout 4. Another buggy glitchy mess by Bethesda, on the same engine they have been using forever.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • oh hey I didn't know this was a thing so I'll start from the beginning I guess...

Day 1 - Very first video game. I don't know which one was the first because I've been gaming from such a young age, so I'll probably go with the first Zoombinis game.
    Spoiler:

Day 2 - Your favorite character. Other than Overwatch and Pokemon, I don't play that many games with characters as I play grand/4X strategy. So, despite all the HATE Overwatch seems to be getting from the day 10 question, I'm going to go ahead and say Zenyatta because I just love how chill he is. I'd probably put Grovyle from PMD Explorers at a close second though.

Day 3 - A game that is underrated. I'll go ahead and say Crusader Kings 2. Even people who I've met who play Paradox grand strategy games tend to prefer Europa Universalis 4, but idk why. I guess I just prefer playing as a ruler and their dynasty and how much more personal that is than playing as a country.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game. Same as above I guess? Not that I feel guilty about playing the game, but maybe about sacrificing those prisoners to the Devil. Or seducing the king's wife. (did I mention the GOT mod for this is also fantastic?)

Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were). Again, I don't play that many games with characters, but I did have a go at Horizon: Zero Dawn when my dad got it for his PS4 and Aloy seems like a pretty cool character so far. (Or I could choose my answer to #2 again and be a floating robot monk...and who wouldn't want that?)

Day 6 - Most annoying character. Again, from one of my dad's games, so I haven't played much of it at all, but most of the characters in Mass Effect: Andromeda before the visual patch. Especially Addison (even with the visual patch - "my face is tired"? gtfo)

Day 7 - Favorite game couple. Most of the games I play either don't have couples, or I haven't discovered them yet, or I can't remember them.

Day 8 - Best soundtrack. Civ IV and Civ VI, especially the future themes in Civ VI. That reminds me, I should probably play more Civ VI, I haven't played it in ages.

Day 9 - Saddest game scene. The only scenes in anything ever that have been able to make me cry are the scenes in every PMD game where the human has to leave their partner. Especially Gates, where you had to spend time playing as your partner while the human had gone back to the human world.

Day 10 - A game that is overrated. I'll go with Minecraft on this one. Used to play it with my brother but now it just bores me tbh.

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 10 - A game that is overrated

Heh, take a guess. Overwatch.
    Maybe I could be wrong, but I really don't see what's so special about it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 6 - Most annoying character
    Any of your "Companions" from X/Y, except for your rival who was slightly better.

Day 7 - Favorite game couple
    I don't know their names rip xD I think they were from FF 8 or 9 though.

Day 8 - Best soundtrack
    I haven't heard many tbh, but maybe S/M, ORAS, or Undertale/

Day 9 - Saddest game scene
    Pretty much any death scene of a character I like. I won't spoil, but FFXIII-2.

Day 10 - A game that is overrated
    any mobile game. I hate mobile games, except for FE heroes and sometimes pokemon go

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • wow I was way off and no one said anything. Let me fix it

Day 11 - System of choice

Watchable in 4k

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Day 9 - Saddest Video Game Scene

Well, easily when Tricky gets captured by the Sharpclaws and you have to rescue him.
    Balled my eyes out as a kid over that. Seriously though, the PMD games are emotional as hell,
    but also OneShot made me a little teary-eyed in places.

Day 10 - A Game that is Overrated

Imo it'd have to be Pokémon. As much as I love the franchise, it is hyped way above its actual quality as a game/repeating series. It's bland, linear and very repetitive,
    with a storyline that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Except for the Gamecube games.
    Namely Colosseum and XD. They did improve vastly on a lot of Pokémon's shortcomings,
    and really stand leagues above the other games. But yeah.

Day 10: A game that is overrated

League of Legends

56d10a2152e62091121b8d24.jpg

What no! Okay maybe a little, but toxicity aside it's actually a really good game.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character
    Any of your "Companions" from X/Y, except for your rival who was slightly better.

Omg YES I forgot how annoying those companions were. Especially Tierno, like, no-one cares about your stupid dance moves.

Day 11 - Gaming System of Choice. As a player of grand/4X strategy, nothing comes close to PC. 3DS is nice from time to time too, but I don't play that nearly as much as PC. Haven't got a Switch yet, I'm waiting for Splatoon 2 and also I need to get a job :3

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice.

Of all time? The XBOX 360. Just slightly above the GameCube. Ever so slightly.

Years
  • Day 10: A game that is overrated - Overwatch, genuinely can't believe they sold it for such a high price for what the game was at launch.

Day 11 - Gaming System of Choice - I've been an Xbox fanboy for years so it's Xbox One at the moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back