• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Discussion [New Prime Loot: Titan Souls!]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Are there any Twitch viewers or even streamers here? How does it compare to YouTube Gaming? Do you prefer catching streams live or do you like watching vods/let's plays more? Tell us about your favorite streamer(s), or talk about your own experiences streaming!

And as noted in the title, Twitch is giving away copies of Oxenfree to people with Twitch Prime, so be sure to download it if you're interested/have this perk.

Last edited:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I've streamed a bit in the past, did a full Dark Souls playthrough om stream together with machomuu. Had some people that'd join me regularly to watch my progress. I'd say it definitely somewhat added to the gaming experience, not so much to the game though. Also beware of people who like to do backseat gaming, because that in turn might ruin the experience.

One thing I've noticed about streaming is that it can become very tiring, having to split your attention to your audience and having to interact with more than just the game. I'd also say that (depending on what your reasons for streaming are) you shouldn't care too much about setting a goal for hitting a certain amount of viewers and/or followers, because that can easily drag your motivation down and make it a pretty bad experience alltogether when you don't meet the goals you've set.

Regarding viewing, it really depends on the streamer really. I've only been subscribed twice in total. I noticed that I generally favor the streamers that have interaction with audience than to the streamers that haven't. I'm not saying those streamer are bad, but I don't see a reason to watch a livestream if the streamer isn't trying to pull in their audience. Currently I don't watch any streams regularly, though.

I'd also like to highlight Sp4zie, not sure if there's more people out here that know him, but I've been a fan of him for a while now (even rocking that merchandise (a nice rubber bracelet)) but I don't actually ever watch the streams. I'm way more fan of just watching the stream highlights and youtube content at my own leisure.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm a current streamer. I only stream on weekends for now until i gain a bigger audience. I stream from twitch and youtube when I can through restream.io. I've als streamed 2 years in a row for extra life gaming charity in november and will be doing it again this year as well.

as far as who i watch, i love team vinesauce mainly vinny joel and imakuni. I watch GeePM too but he's currently off the team, but I still watch him too. i can't say really which platform i like better and I do enjoy LPs too from people i watch. all around a fun time.

I'll be streaming later tonight.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Twitch definitely still has more of its perks such as the more obnoxious and/or entertaining community that at times actually help increase the views if you know how to handle em. I mean, all of the League of Legends streamers that I watch and know of pretty much have handled them.

Also, its so entertaining just watching an entire wall of reactions made up of either POGCHAMPS, LUL Faces, and other amazing emotes when a really funny or extremely outstanding play is made.

Aside from League streamers, I also watch some variety gaming streamers.

Oh and once my machine is set up, I'll be doing some trial streamings myself, mainly playing League to showcase my boostedness as a Jungle main, as well as some variety games.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    That wasn't a stream.

That was a massacre.

****ing bridges

( ?? ?? ??)

And re: interactivity, definitely - in the past I didn't like watching livestreams and preferred catching the vods/highlights when they came out too, because I could pause, get up, do other things without missing any gameplay. But lately I've been obssessed with watching this Hearthstone streamer DisguisedToast, and it's actually been really fun catching him live because of how much he interacts with chat. He usually gets between 10-20k viewers too, but it doesn't stop him from reading chat as much as possible, answering questions and yesterday, he even opened MS Paint and played a few rounds of pictionary with us, lol. I also recall randomly throwing out a suggestion of "do a magic trick" one time when he was bored of the game, which he saw and actually immediately put on a blazer and made a coin disappear on stream. So yeah, that amount of interactivity makes it worth watching live. :P

Also, its so entertaining just watching an entire wall of reactions made up of either POGCHAMPS, LUL Faces, and other amazing emotes when a really funny or extremely outstanding play is made.
    Ah yes, how I love Twitch chat. is a personal favorite.

I'm a current streamer. I only stream on weekends for now until i gain a bigger audience. I stream from twitch and youtube when I can through restream.io. I've als streamed 2 years in a row for extra life gaming charity in november and will be doing it again this year as well.

as far as who i watch, i love team vinesauce mainly vinny joel and imakuni. I watch GeePM too but he's currently off the team, but I still watch him too. i can't say really which platform i like better and I do enjoy LPs too from people i watch. all around a fun time.

I'll be streaming later tonight.
    And to all of you who stream/plan to stream, reminder that you're always welcome to make a Let's Play thread here. :) I've actually been thinking about talking to a dev and asking if they could find a way to make embedding Twitch streams possible too, if you guys would be interested in something like that.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I like it! I like watching streams from time to time, mostly of games I don't play but find engaging to watch (LOL or any other similar game, Smash). I tend to watch a stream or leave one playing in the background when I'm feeling a bit lonely, because it gives me the feeling that I'm around people and engaging with them. Unfortunately that only helps at the moment itself and it makes me feel more lonely afterwards, so I tend to not do it much. I still like the format though, I like that it allows engagement with the audience and yes, Twitch chat is the best thing. TPP: Red is what introduced me to Twitch, by the way.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I haven't made a stream/KP thread yet since I wanted to rack up more than the minimum post count to make a thread. I don't want to look like someone who joined just to be able to self advertise lol, because that's not wh i joined these forums

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Got modded on my favorite streamer's channel today!! Super excited about that, aaaaaaa

And in other news, I put this in the VG deals megathread but I'll mention it again - Twitch Prime users can download Titan Souls for free until the 24th, and it looks like a pretty cool old-school Zelda-inspired kind of game. And if anyone plays Path of Exile, they're also giving away some cosmetic effects starting tomorrow.

Back