• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So apparently Fletchling and Rhyhyorn can make a computer work...

Years
  • I am watching now XY for the first time, and I got to the Master Class episodes in XY&Z 19-20. In the start of the competition in XY&Z, they show everyone who watches it on TV, like Tierno and Trova, Pansy and her sister the gym leader, Prof. Platane, etc, and among others we also see the Fletchling and Rhyhorn that belong to Serena's family watch it on a laptop. This would have been fine, but Serena's mom is actually watching the tournament in live, and is attending the venue. Also, in epsidoe 20 she actually admits that Fletchling and Rhyhorn are at home alone.

Ergo, we are left with the logical conclusion that Fletchling and Rhyhorn together are intelligent enough to open up a laptop and be able to watch Serena through it. I find this incredibly hilarious.

(I am watching it in Japanese and don't know the proper English dub name for things, so if some term seems unfamiliar it is due to this reason)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually, I must admit, from that description, I'm surprised that Rhyhorn is even ABLE to open a laptop, let alone press the keys to use it, intelligent enough or not, without crushing it to pieces, knowing just how much it weighs.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I am watching now XY for the first time, and I got to the Master Class episodes in XY&Z 19-20. In the start of the competition in XY&Z, they show everyone who watches it on TV, like Tierno and Trova, Pansy and her sister the gym leader, Prof. Platane, etc, and among others we also see the Fletchling and Rhyhorn that belong to Serena's family watch it on a laptop. This would have been fine, but Serena's mom is actually watching the tournament in live, and is attending the venue. Also, in epsidoe 20 she actually admits that Fletchling and Rhyhorn are at home alone.

Ergo, we are left with the logical conclusion that Fletchling and Rhyhorn together are intelligent enough to open up a laptop and be able to watch Serena through it. I find this incredibly hilarious.

(I am watching it in Japanese and don't know the proper English dub name for things, so if some term seems unfamiliar it is due to this reason)

Let's see if my memory of who is who is accurate(may not be hah). Tierno keeps his name in English Dub while Trova is Trevor if memory serves since Sana(aka Shauna) is competing. Pansy is Alexa with her sister Viola and finally Professor Platane is Professor Sycamore in English Dub. It is kind of interesting that two Pokémon can operate an Electronic device with no human apparently around but who is to say a neighbor didn't drop by to turn it on for them as a favor or something?

Also I must commend you for taking the time to watch the Japanese Dub since I've found it to be better than English and certain parts make way more sense in the native Dub, Take for instance the infamous Dance Episode or XY105/XYZ12. Serena's reaction in English Dub seems so out of place whereas in Japanese it makes a tad more sense. Plus the Japanese Dub is privy to more OST usage and other extra scenes that we simply don't get in English.

Years
  • Well, their house does seem a little bit isolated from other people. And since Serena's mom didn't mention any neighbors, it is safe to assume that they didn't stay there for long (otherwise, she wouldn't have stated that Rhyhorn and Fletchling are all by themselves). So even if they were helped setting up the computer, it is still mildly surprising that they didn't destroy it by accident this entire time... (the computer is shown just lying on the grass...)

And watching Anime in the Japanese dub is the only logical thing to do. It is well known that dubs tend to take a large liberty with many things, and it is hard to evaluate the anime based on the dub. In fact, I don't find anything unusual about Serena's reaction in the dance episode, so that I don't really understand what are you talking about. So maybe it was all just natural in the dub?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well, their house does seem a little bit isolated from other people. And since Serena's mom didn't mention any neighbors, it is safe to assume that they didn't stay there for long (otherwise, she wouldn't have stated that Rhyhorn and Fletchling are all by themselves). So even if they were helped setting up the computer, it is still mildly surprising that they didn't destroy it by accident this entire time... (the computer is shown just lying on the grass...)

And watching Anime in the Japanese dub is the only logical thing to do. It is well known that dubs tend to take a large liberty with many things, and it is hard to evaluate the anime based on the dub. In fact, I don't find anything unusual about Serena's reaction in the dance episode, so that I don't really understand what are you talking about. So maybe it was all just natural in the dub?

Serena's reaction in Japanese makes sense. My point is her reaction in English Dub. Seems out of whack or out of place for such a scene based on the dialogue. It's not just XY/XYZ with regards to the Japanese Dub being better. Take the first season and the Eevee Brothers Episode. Musashi calling Kasumi "flat chested"(referencing the Beauty Pageant Episode earlier in the Season) is such a burn that calling her anything else(which we sadly got in English Dub), pales by comparison.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    The dumbest pokemon can be pretty smart. The fact that most pokemon can understand human language and respond accordingly is pretty impressive.

Back