• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tobias = Bonnie?!

Years
So, here is a nice conspiracy theory / exercise in debate.

At the end of XY, Bonnie says to Zygarde that one day she will become a trainer, and will come and get him. Zygarde agrees. With Zygarde (and Dedenne) by her side, Bonnie would be unstoppable. Also, Zygarde has the ability to convince other Pokémon in the necessity of some actions, and make them help him. For this reason, it seems reasonable that if the cause was just enough, neutral/kind Pokémon like Celebii and Latios would agree to cooperate with Zygarde. Darkrai is slightly more evil, in my idea, but I'm sure that with Latios and Zygarde, he would be conquerable. Zygarde knows that Ash's and his Grenninja's help in the Kalos conflict is aboslutely necessary. Now, if Ash, for some reason, would not be around Kalos at that time, then things would be rather bad. Looking back on history, Zygarde realizes that there was such opportunity, when Ash was at Sinnoh league (which many fans consider to be his best or second best (after Kalos) league). If Ash won that, he might not have gotten to Kalos at all, and that would be bad. Zygarde must make sure that Ash will lose in Sinnoh. The obvious solution is to travel back in time, register Bonnie to the Sinnoh league, and had her beat Ash. This is also consistent with Bonnie's desire to fight Ash when she will be a trainer, and fighting Sinnoh-Ash would be one of the greater challanges she could ask for. Bonnie masquarades as "Tobias", so that Ash will not recognize her when he gets to Kalos, and change his behavior, obviously.

And from there - everything is history. Bonnie/Tobias hammers Ash, causing him to lose, and move on to Unova. Why did she not intervene in Unova? Maybe because Zygarde realized Ash would have lost there anyway, and he did not need to intervene. After all, Zygarde is aware of the results of those leagues already, as they did already happen. This gives us the motivation, and a means to place Bonnie in the finals of Sinnoh league. Therefore, Tobias = Bonnie is an inevtiable fact (barring the fact that they look nothing alike, but hey, who knows how Bonnie will look like when she grows, eh?). This would imply that Tobias' team is Darkrai, Latios, Zygarde, Celebi, Dedene, and one more Pokemon. Maybe the Heatran from the opening ceremony episode? Doesn't matter really. After the did was done, it is entirely reasonable that Bonnie freed the legendaries, since holding them was no longer necessary (unless they wanted to stay with Bonnie - I guess that's also technically possible).

The only downside of this theory is that it requires a stable time loop. Other than that - you are cordially invited to attack and destroy this theory from all possible directions, but I think it will be a nice exercise in debate :}

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The only hole, as I can see in this theory is the whole "Bugsy" Argument. Tobias was clearly a guy was he not? I understand the need to disguise but to masquerade as the opposite gender? Then again... Serena did the exact same thing except she got caught doing it... and perhaps that's where Bonnie got the idea lmao. It's an interesting theory to say the least but the odds of the writers coming up with something as clever as that? Yeah about zero lol.

Years
Yeah, at first I thought most of his body was obscured, but then I checked and saw his face was clearly visible. But well - it's Bonnie in the future. Who knows how much her face will change by then lolz.

And could you remind me when did Serena tried to disguise as a guy? I don't seem to remember it now (I do remember vividly Cilan dressing up as the electric gym leader in BW...)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Yeah, at first I thought most of his body was obscured, but then I checked and saw his face was clearly visible. But well - it's Bonnie in the future. Who knows how much her face will change by then lolz.

And could you remind me when did Serena tried to disguise as a guy? I don't seem to remember it now (I do remember vividly Cilan dressing up as the electric gym leader in BW...)

XY115/XYZ22 <- Battling at Full Volume

Here's a preview image:
Spoiler:

remer

The Warrior
Years
I have a doubt about this.Weren't both the stories written after a time gap?At least it might be a year or two between the script writing of sinnoh and kalos.So,is both of them truly related.And,just a note,both the hair colour and hairstyle is different.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
The only hole, as I can see in this theory is the whole "Bugsy" Argument. Tobias was clearly a guy was he not? I understand the need to disguise but to masquerade as the opposite gender? Then again... Serena did the exact same thing except she got caught doing it... and perhaps that's where Bonnie got the idea lmao. It's an interesting theory to say the least but the odds of the writers coming up with something as clever as that? Yeah about zero lol.

What if the writers are really clever and have so many great ideas but think the fans are too basic so they give us what they give us?

Back