• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My first pokémon game cartridge broke down... :(

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
  • My first pok?mon game cartridge broke down... :(

So, when I tried to start my Pok?mon Y game up, I noticed it didn't work. I tried blowing, but to no avail. Then I noticed a little cut in my cartridge... noooooo :(

Pok?mon Y was my first pok?mon game, and I loved it a lot. And I really don't want to have to say goodbye to it. Is there anyway I can get it back without having to buy it all over again?

EDIT: AW YEAH Cracks are no match for me! It works again magically!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Nintendo Support are absolutely useless when it comes to repairing cartridges; if this ever happens, just buy a new one. They'll take it, leave it for about two months, then tell you that you need to buy a new copy of the game...at full RRP. Greedy bastards.

I had my copy of X corrupt a couple of years ago, costing me over a decade's worth of Pokemon I'd meticulously stored up...unfortunately, I wasn't quite as lucky as you were to get it working again.

Back