• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
  • I have a warp that needs the animation to go upstairs, you know when you move on it to the right it shows you walk up stairs? Well I have a warp the I want to go upstairs but it only works when I go left and has the animation of me going downstairs... a little help?

acemaster101

<<Lunar Fable &
    Years
  • I am hacking FireRed, but I want to extend the Routes like the picture below...

--------- New Area
    |
    |
    Town

The lines represent the routes connecting the areas, while the dots mean the continuing of the land. I just want to make it so when I leave Route 1X (a.k.a Route 1), I enter Route 2X instead of Viridian City. My question is how do I make it so the border warps change to where I am going?

Years
  • i was trying to use thingy32 but it gives me a run time error 9 subscript out of range if i try to open a rom and two table files and its pokemon fire red

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    acemaster101 said:
    What is the 'Adjustment' for (is it needed)?

An adjustment is where the two maps should connect, make sure the adjustment is the same for both maps you are connecting.

Django0 said:
    i was trying to use thingy32 but it gives me a run time error 9 subscript out of range if i try to open a rom and two table files and its pokemon fire red

Try other hex-editors if that one doesn't work properly. If you are working on text, A-Text can be handy.

darkmc21 said:
    When using a Hex Editor, how would I know what blank space is?

In Gold/Silver/Ruby/Sapphire blank space = 00

In Fire Red/Leaf Green using the japanese table = FF

Blank space should be all together without any other codes in it.

Last edited:

acemaster101

<<Lunar Fable &
    Years
  • An adjustment is where the two maps should connect, make sure the adjustment is the same for both maps you are connecting.

Thank you, Blazichu...I now finally know how to make my own maps and use them with the game!:P

But now I have another problem!!!

My map was deleted somehow...and I spent two hours working on it!
    The next time I opened AM (Advance Map) after I had previously made the map, it was gone.

Can anyone help me with retrieving it or at least solving the problem so it never happens again (I'd rather retrieve the map...)?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    acemaster101 said:
    Thank you, Blazichu...I now finally know how to make my own maps and use them with the game!:P

But now I have another problem!!!

My map was deleted somehow...and I spent two hours working on it!
    The next time I opened AM (Advance Map) after I had previously made the map, it was gone.

Can anyone help me with retrieving it or at least solving the problem so it never happens again (I'd rather retrieve the map...)?

Ok, In A-Map, Go to File > Map...> Save Map As... and put where you want to save your map file, then to insert Go to File > Map...> Insert, then choose the bank(to get the banks look for a bar at the map screen and change it to "Sort by Map.Bank") you want it under and then click "Create and Insert" to get your map into the rom, allow it to repoint the map for you and then save.

kamikaze watermelon

< He will OWN you!!!!!!!!1%one
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    can someone give me a link to download advancetext? (i downloaded it from a link i found here, but every time i try to open it it has an error report and i tried sendin it and it still doesn't work =(

edit: lol, i tried 5 seconds later and it worked =P

but my a-mart only seems to work with hoeen games and i'm hacking leafgreen:(

can someone tell me where to download a-mart that works with leafgreen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    kamikaze watermelon said:
    can someone give me a link to download advancetext? (i downloaded it from a link i found here, but every time i try to open it it has an error report and i tried sendin it and it still doesn't work =(

edit: lol, i tried 5 seconds later and it worked =P

but my a-mart only seems to work with hoeen games and i'm hacking leafgreen:(

can someone tell me where to download a-mart that works with leafgreen?

Make sure you have "COMCTL32.OCX" in the same folder a A-Text to get rid of that error, search google for it (just in-case if it doesn't work again).

The new A-Mart can be found here.

acemaster101

&amp;amp;lt;&amp;amp;lt;Lunar Fable &amp;amp;amp;
    Years
  • Ok, In A-Map, Go to File > Map...> Save Map As... and put where you want to save your map file, then to insert Go to File > Map...> Insert, then choose the bank(to get the banks look for a bar at the map screen and change it to "Sort by Map.Bank") you want it under and then click "Create and Insert" to get your map into the rom, allow it to repoint the map for you and then save.

So do I have to re-do the map?

It won't really matter...but thanks for the help on never allowing the problem to happen again!

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me. It'll be the difference between life and death. (Well...)

My question: In Elite Map (or Advance Map) how do I open scripts to be able to read/edit them? In Elite Map, it tells me to Ctrl+Click, but when I do that, it just acts like it's loading, then nothing happens. I haven't tried opening scripts in advance map yet. Help?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Zyph said:
    I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me. It'll be the difference between life and death. (Well...)

My question: In Elite Map (or Advance Map) how do I open scripts to be able to read/edit them? In Elite Map, it tells me to Ctrl+Click, but when I do that, it just acts like it's loading, then nothing happens. I haven't tried opening scripts in advance map yet. Help?

You could read the script in a hex-editor(as it shows the offsets), also make sure ScriptED is in the same folder as EliteMap(to read them in EliteMap) and in Advance Map you can't read the scripts, only there offsets are shown.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • Well, ScriptED is in the same folder (as it has been) and still nothing happens. Should I re-download EliteMap?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Zyph said:
    Well, ScriptED is in the same folder (as it has been) and still nothing happens. Should I re-download EliteMap?

Try reinstalling it, also you could download it again if you wanted to. Also I think your rom has to be in the same folder.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • Okay, so I downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work. Do I have to have ScriptED open?

Never mind. I figured out I had to click "View Level Script" at the top of the window. HUUUUUURR!!

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

superluigi52

Electricity fan
    Years
  • I get an error when I try to open A-text or any other programs made by Scizz.

The problem says: The instruction at "0x773f65e1" referenced at "0x773f65e1". The memory could not be "read".

How do I fix this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back