• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Fakemon I drew New Links

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
  • Okay so last time the links didnt work and it got closed but this time they do work so lets do this!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Well, there is... a lot to go on about here!

First and foremost, I think you'll have better luck on your art if you have a basis to go by. For example, I can't tell what your Fakémon are based off of, at all. Fakémon and Pokémon alike are based off of some kind of object; be it a living creature or inanimate object. Try giving your ideas some sort of solid basis and you might have better luck sketching your ideas out! Also, I do NOT recommend doing any sort of art in pen UNLESS you're sure about the design. Not only does pen smudge, you have to use white out to correct any mistakes unless you have one of those erasable pens. I would just use a simple #2 pencil or a led pencil with a Pink Eraser™. That eraser is amazing if you make as many mistakes as I do when I try to draw.

Your art, on the other hand is another problem in itself.

It could use some work... a lot of work, actually. Don't get me wrong, you're probably young and there is always room for improvement! Like I said before, give your Fakémon a basis to go by and then draw them out. Once you have that done, then try and develop them to the point they actually look like Fakémon. If you're having trouble with the design, you can always use the official Pokémon as references. If necessary, you can always look at other Fakémon for inspiration as well; just make sure that your inspiration isn't plagiarizing another person. That won't end well, trust me. I also would recommend using geometric shapes to help better your anatomy. That is an area you clearly need to improvise in.... be that as it may, you have the room to improve! Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll be as good as Ken Sugimori one day, if not better!

~ Ęℓαчиıı

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • They're pretty rough and plain sketches but so far so good. Add color, shading, linework, etc. to it to make it look like what it should be. Like #2 for example (I'm sorry not to be rude but I can't read your handwriting) Like if you add color, maybe you could make it look like a log using brown. Anyways, it does need some work but give it time, a base (like what it should be) and eventually those will turn into amazing fakemon. Just Rule #1, never quit, no matter what anybody says.

~Sincerely
    PikakittenX, devout member of the Pokecommunity

Years
  • You should definitely keep trying, but when making your art and mainly making a fakemon drawing, you should plan what you will be drawing. Size, Height, colours, etc.

Years
  • You don't really need to write down a list and literally make up a plan on paper (although it would help). You just need to keep those characteristics in mind. Free-drawing or sketching is common.

Last edited:
    Back