• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Go West Young Hilbert

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
250px-Unova.png
The Unova region is set far away from other regions in the Pokémon world. The region is just part of a large piece of land, with land extending rather far to the north and west of the region. So I ask:
- Do you think other regions exist near Unova, similar to how Johto is next to Kanto?
- What would be good/bad about making a region right next to Unova, similar to the situation in Pokémon G/S/C?
Discuss!

Also for those who were interested about seeing the land around Unova:
Spoiler:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
They must have a huge north pole.
Anyway, I look at the map and I have to say Unova probably is isolated. Wasn't it only recently settled or something? I think I heard something like that somewhere. Even then, the present regions none fit into that map, which makes me wonder whether all of them are on the other side of the globe or whether I can't see them. I can't see more regions near it unless they are newly settled like Unova was (providing that part I assumed is correct). If it were so, I'd be happy, because it wouldn't have to be big but a real frontier, with a real 'wild' area near the actual region where strong pokemon could attack you out of the blue, and you might find legends in random areas. Oh, that actualy sounds like the regions already xD but I think you guys understand what I mean. It would have to have a limit, but it would be truly trainer vs. wild or something, with you having to stock up on a lot of potions and revives, and the farther you get the stronger the pokemon get etc.
Yep, awesome.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
They must have a huge north pole.
Anyway, I look at the map and I have to say Unova probably is isolated. Wasn't it only recently settled or something? I think I heard something like that somewhere. Even then, the present regions none fit into that map, which makes me wonder whether all of them are on the other side of the globe or whether I can't see them. I can't see more regions near it unless they are newly settled like Unova was (providing that part I assumed is correct). If it were so, I'd be happy, because it wouldn't have to be big but a real frontier, with a real 'wild' area near the actual region where strong pokemon could attack you out of the blue, and you might find legends in random areas. Oh, that actualy sounds like the regions already xD but I think you guys understand what I mean. It would have to have a limit, but it would be truly trainer vs. wild or something, with you having to stock up on a lot of potions and revives, and the farther you get the stronger the pokemon get etc.
Yep, awesome.

I don't think Unova is a new settlement, as the Relic Castle was around 2500 years prior. But I do like the idea of a new settlement being built next to Unova. I think that'd make for an exciting game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
With a huge port city, and then a bunch of tiny villages vying to become the capital, and the evil team is a group of people from one of the villages, trying to get their town to become the capital :)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
With a continental arangement like that, there's no way the climate would be like ours... o_o'
I also see a repetition of Europe's outlines (Scandinavia, Iberian Peninsula, Italy,..) in both continents south and east on the map. Makes me wonder how accurate of a representation that is for the Pokémon World. I also find it hard to believe that Unova's region is to scale in that picture. You can see Castelia's piers in an area that looks to be the size of the Belgium-The Netherlands-Luxembourg. (I find it hard to believe a region would be so large in the first place.)

That aside, since this isn't a conversation about the Pokémon world per se, I like the idea of FrostPheonix of a real Wild, where few people live. There are still places on earth that aren't completely inhabited or cultivated, so it would be nice if the Unova's Inland were one of those areas. It would be credible that the main settlements were in coastal areas, where the inland (mainly because of harsher climate) was left for the Pokémon and the few cities and villages that dared venture out.

But though I think that at least some cities would be present in the middle of nowhere, considering how close the Pokémon world is with nature, it wouldn't surprise me if a big part of the land was left open.

Back