• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Types and/or Type Combinations

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
  • First off just to tell you, I'm not sure if this is in the right place. Please move it if it isn't ^^;;

Second, this is not to speculate about what will be in D/P, but rather what you think should be there, but please, feel free to chat what you think should be in there as well.

I thought I should make a thread where people could make up their own types that they would like to see, or one that they would just love to use. Also, you could make up a cool type combination that you would like to see, or think should be in the games. Doesn't matter, either way.

For me, personally, I think that there should be Light type Pokemon. Since we have Dark types, I think we should have the opposite type, They would be super-effective against dark and whatever else, and certain types like Dark would be ineffective against it.

As for type combinations, I think seeing a Flying/Electric Pokemon would be cool. It would eliminate their supreme weakness, electricity, and would probably be a really cool pokemon, anyway.

What do you all think? =D

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

A Light type would be cool and they can change all those Normal moves into Light like Flash or Morning Sun.
    I can see Cosmic making an appearance. These would be space related Pokemon like Clefable, Lunatone, Solrock, Deoxys, and Jirachi. It would be a strange type though, and hard to make appropriate weaknesses and resistances.

Tyson said:
    As for type combinations, I think seeing a Flying/Electric Pokemon would be cool. It would eliminate their supreme weakness, electricity, and would probably be a really cool pokemon, anyway.

What do you think Zapdos is, huh?

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Oh, well I just meant like a regular Pokemon instead of a Legendary, seeing as the legendary birds only make appearances in the first games, and through trading to others o.O

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • It's an insteresting theme...

And I agree with Tyson, Zapdos is the only Flying/Electric pokemon and its a legendary, so I think they made it like this because it makes him a really hard-to-beat pokemon.

I'd love to see Light pokemons, but I'd prefer a new combination, because if they make another type, it maybe a lot of trouble to make the weakness and resistances.

In my opinion, there should be a Water/Fire pokemon (I know that sounds dumb, but in any case, you know it's cool) or a Ice/Electric pokemon.

ELGONZO!!!

PS: Maybe I make a Ice/Electric or Fire/Water pokemon in my hack ;)

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • Yeah, I mean, If you thin about it, there isn't too many "new" combinations.
    Most of the coherent combinations have already been made. The only one that it's very VERY coherent that hasn't been made is Fire/Dragon ;)

Did you ever noticed that?

ELGONZO!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Here is my combination list
    1.)Bug/Dragon
    2.)Bug/Dark
    3.)Bug/Electric
    4.Bug/Fire
    5.)Bug/Ice
    6.)Bug/Normal
    7.)Bug/Psychic
    8.)Dark/Dragon
    9.)Dark/Electric
    10.Dark/Fighting
    11.)Dark/Ground
    12.)Dark/Normal
    13.Dark/Poison
    14.)Dark/Psychic
    15.)Dark/Steel
    16.)Dragon/Electric
    17.)Dragon/Fire
    18.)Dragon/Fighting
    19.)Dragon/ghost
    20.)Dragon/Grass
    21.)Dragon/Ground
    22.)Dragon/Ice
    23.)Dragon/NormaL
    24.)Dragon/poison
    25.Dragon/Psychic
    26.)Dragon/Steel

:t003:Dark Venusaur

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Personally, I would love to see a Ghost/Normal type or even a Fighting/Normal type. That would kick ***.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • From your post, this is still about dual generation games - not speculation, just wishing -, so off it goes to the Dual Generation area =3

+MOVED+

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Wow, that's a lot of combinations, Dark Venusaur ^^;

Oh, and sorry Kylie-chan, I was really confused as to where this should go, so I just picked a place and hoped ^^;;;

I pretty much told what I wanted, but I guess I COULD think of some more *Ponders on new types*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • More combinations
    34.)Fire/Ghost
    35.)Fire/Grass(very stupid but still)
    36.)Fire/Ice
    37.)Fire/Normal
    38.)Fire/Poison
    39.)fire/Psychic
    40.)Fire/Water
    41.)Fire/water(the dumbest one yet.)
    42.)Flying/Ghost
    43.)Flying/Fighting
    44.)Fighting/Normal

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    Hmm,..well:
    Dark/Fighting
    Dark/Psychic (Me: XD)
    Ice/Dragon
    Water/Psychic
    Fire/Psychic
    And...
    Dragon/Dark
    Or...
    Dragon/Ghost

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Water/Psychic=Starmie, Dragon/Psychic=Lati@s, & Steel/Flying=Skarmory...

How about sticking to ones not done yet??

...Like Dark/Ground...

Back