• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone know a decent tutorial site

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I cant find a site that actually tells me how to do everything. I looked at the notes.html, but that wasnt much help. and the wiki isnt much help either...I really need to get this down, please help. Ive searched google all over!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Right now, I just need to know how to get the player started on a map after the intro is done. How to start up a cutscene when it goes to the map, and how to put a pokemon into a ball. I know its a little less, but thats why I asked for a site with all the stuff down and simplified.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • First of all, nobody in this forum automatically knows what program you're using, if you're using a starter kit, etc. You need to provide as many details as possible or else you won't get any help at all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Yes I am using pokemon essentials....And im saying that I just need a website with tutorials so I can get better at this. I tried looking at the notes.html that comes with it, and I tried looking at the wiki, and I searched google....I just need something to help me...

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Okay, your best bet is to learn RPG Maker XP before you even think about working on a game. You won't succeed at all trying to learn RMXP while attempting to develop a fangame.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I already know about rpg maker, not ruby scripting. but that isnt what im focused about right now.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • if you know RMXP you'd know how to start a player on the map after a intro screen or title sequence... And i dont get what you mean how to poke a pokemon into a ball? u mean catch it or like the selection pokemon scene in the beginning of the game?

Back