• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Y team???

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'm getting Pokemon Y either tomorrow or in 2 days. And I'm stuck on what Pokemon I want in my team. So far the only for sure ones I'm getting are.
    Greninja (Water/Dark)
    Charizard (Fire/Flying)
    And Lucario (Steel/Fighting)
    I'd like help with the last three, I'm not completely sure what Pokemon are best in the Kalos dex. And please, don't recommend a type I already have in those three. Thanks.

Edit: No legendaries please, they make the game far too easy.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I would say use Trevenant or Gourgiest. I used Trevenant in my X version (caught as a phantump) and he was a good physical attacker for my team. If you go with Gourgiest, you have one of 4 sizes to choose from, all have different stats depending on what one you get if you get one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I would say use Trevenant or Gourgiest. I used Trevenant in my X version (caught as a phantump) and he was a good physical attacker for my team. If you go with Gourgiest, you have one of 4 sizes to choose from, all have different stats depending on what one you get if you get one.

Alright. They're grass type correct? Because I always forget to grab a good grass Pokémon then it always comes back and haunts me.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I haven't trained a goodra yet. But yeah I heard that it was good.
    If you're looking at having one of the new fossil Pokémon, either one would be fine to have. Of course you can find some of the other fossil pokés (only ones version exclusives are the Kanto fossils in Y and hoenn fossils in X; the others can be found in both games (the old amber is in both games too)).

If your looking for a fairy type, I'd personally would recommend either mawile, sylveon or Gardevoir. I'm in the process of training all 3 and they're all pretty good in my eyes. I also heard that florges is good. (I just remembered mawile is part steel, so you can ignore that one since Lucario is part steel.)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • You don't have to select all six Pokemon for battling. In fact you have perfect defensive synergy with just the four Pokemon. For the other two slots you can use HM slaves (Pokemon that use HM moves) such as Bidoof or Fletchling. They may be the same typing as the Pokemon you have already, but unless they're at a high level you don't need to battle with them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I forgot all about Sylveon, I'll try him out for a bit when I get it. I'll probably just have the 6th slot as an HM slave like Boilurn said, at least until I find out who my 6th slot will be. I like having a full party instead of 4-5.

Back