• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Battle System progress thread.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Sceptile_Master said:
For types my battle system does this. Each type has a reference number 1-17 I think they are. I noted down on pieces of paper what number each type is and then each pokemon has 2 variables assigned to it. One for type one and one for type two. If type 2 is 0 then it's no type. Then in the damage formulae I have the usual conditional branch checking what the variables are and stuff.
Just out of curiosity, how many variables do you use for one pokemon?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
About 20 or so. There is only 50 pokemon though between 2 boxes and the 6 in your part. Adds up to about 1,120 variables for pokemon.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Sceptile_Master said:
About 20 or so. There is only 50 pokemon though between 2 boxes and the 6 in your part. Adds up to about 1,120 variables for pokemon.
OMG I only use 7 per party pokemon (6*7=42) and 3 per box pokemon and 2 extra((3*6)+2*3=60, 6 pokemon per box, 3 boxes) so that is 102 variable for me almost 11 times less then you :\ .

oh well hope you can pull it off, you got a lot of varibale to use :P

Last edited:

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
@ Funnybunny,IMO if you don't use the proper dynamic values,it is not a pokemon battle system,just an ordinary sys using pokemon sprites.

Good luck with your sys Sceptile Master,look forward to playing it.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Booda Sack said:
@ Funnybunny,IMO if you don't use the proper dynamic values,it is not a pokemon battle system,just an ordinary sys using pokemon sprites.

Good luck with your sys Sceptile Master,look forward to playing it.
...a pokemon battle system is more then just dynamic values. I work around them so that nobody knows I'm not using them :P.

But keep on topic, if you want to talk about the battle system I am working on, use the pokemon champion topic

Back