• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm a complete newbie to VG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Yup, like the title suggests, I'm a complete noob to the VG side of Pokemon. I don't know the stuff regarding teambuilding, EVs, IVs, and the current metagame. Can someone help me?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • It's actually really hard to build a starting team with IV's and EV's because you battle so many different Pokemon, but EV's are effort values and IV's is individual values. Effort values are stat increasers like speed, def, sp atk, etc. Say if you kill a Zubat then you will get 1+ EV and killing 4 will give you 1 stat increaser in speed. Just use Serebii.net for the calculations and Pokemon that give the most EV and IV's. Hope I helped.

Now for team building, you want to have a very balanced team and balanced moves that don't cross with each other. You don't wanna have 2 of the same type as a rule, you can but I don't recommend it. I can't help for building a team if I don't know which game you are playing. If you got any questions just PM me. Later

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Bro tips-
    Spread moves are your friends-
    Protect and detect are important-
    Trickroom is a threat you must prepare for-
    Weather is a huge threat. Be prepared-

Years
  • I am afraid this type of thread isn't allowed.

I think one of the best things to do would be to read up on some of the current meta Pokemon; looking through existing teams people have posted on here. If you have questions, ask people in the community, in Quick Question threads, that are normally stuck at the top of the board.

Failing that, I know my fair share of information on EVs and IVs, so you are more than welcome to ask me and I can show you some guides that I found really useful.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back