• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Duster grinned at Snivy and said, "Bet you guys can't top that!" She pointed at the rather large hole in the tree.
"Watch us!" Snivy said, forgeting for a moment that she didn't like this. She walked over to Commodore, and climbed up on his head. Luckily, Snivy is very light, so he probably didn't even notice the extra weight.
"Let's use the Charge Beam, Bullet Seed combo and knock that tree down!" Snivy said.
"You're really getting into this!" Bri said to her. She scowled at him.
"Anything to show Duster up, right?" Brian said with a grin. She continued to glare at him, but tapped Commodore on the side of his head.
"Whenever you're ready!" she said. Brian and Duster exchanged grins, and Brian looked at Mark to see what he thought of all this.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Commodore could barely even notice that Snivy had climbed on top of him. He distanced himself away from the tree slowly and kept his aim straight for the tree target. ["Charge beam should let each of the seeds fired surround the beam due to the magnetic force of the electricity."] Commodore said.

Mark stared at the dent in the tree made by Snype. He was amazed how powerful a team attack could work... He could get used to this whole double battle thing. "Alright then Commodore. Lets see how well ya do with this!" Mark called out. Commodore

Commodore felt the tap on his head and nodded. He began to charge up a force of electricity aimed straight for the tree ahead of them. ["Commencing attack in 3...2...1...Fire!"] Commodore said as he fired straight for the tree.

Nideous

Years
Snivy began firing her Bullet Seed a half a second before Commodore. That way the attack would have seeds flying about all over the place, not just behind it. Brian watched in awe. The combo attack had the desired effect. A rather large explosion later, and the tree fell to the ground.
"That was amazing!" Brian shouted.
"Told you so!" Snivy said to Duster, who was gaping at the power. Duster recovered quickly and began dancing around with Snivy. Snivy shoved her away, and stumbled around dizzily.
"Oops, sorry Snivy. Hey! I just had an idea! Snype using Night shade, Snivy and Bullet Seed, and Commodore with Charge Beam! My Helping Hand should help all three of you!" Duster said happily.
"This is double battle, not quadruple battle!" Snivy said, getting back to her feet.
"Well, it was just an idea," Duster said.
"Well, Mark? What do you want to try next?" Brian asked his friend. This was way more fun than he had thought! Even Snivy was getting into it!

Megaman765

Years
The tree completely collapsed from the combined attack. Mark seriously wanted to do a double battle now but, again, he had plans. Tommorow he had to be sure to find somebody to do a double battle with, with Bri as his partner. Mark cheered at both Snivy and Commodore for their successful attack.

The target was down so they would have to get a new one... Mark looked at Snype and grinned mischievously. Letting off a laugh, he whispered into Bri's ear. "Hey, get Snivy to use attract on Snype. Afterwards have Duster do what she can while he's distracted." Mark said, suggesting that Snivy and Duster work together on this one. He felt it would be fun to get back at Snype for any mischievous behavior he showed back then. He moved away from Bri's ear and laughed mischievously.

Nideous

Years
Brian frowned at this. This could end badly. But if Mark was sure...
"Snivy! Use Attract on Snype! Duster, you use Tickle to keep him down!" Brian shouted. Snivy listened to him, as he knew she would. She smiled charmingly at the Sableye and batted her eyes. She sent out some energy to get him focus solely on her, as Duster ran up behind Snype.

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked at Mark wondering what he was whispering. ["Mark... what did you tell Bri to..."] Suddenly Bri told Snivy to use attract. Snype's eyes widened. He held his hands out and shook his head as if telling Snivy "Not that! Anything but that!". Snype had a romantic personality, but he never really liked showing it. When influenced under attract, he's forced to show off that side of himself.

Snype's eyes were glowing pink as he looked into Snivy's. ["Why... hello there miss...Kehe... I must say you look lovely today..."] Snype said to Snivy, walking up to her. Mark laughed frantically at Snype. He was a completely different person when influenced by love. Duster jumped Snype from behind and began tickling him. He fell down onto his stomach and laughed like mad while he was pinned down.

["K...kehehe! G....gah!... not again...! K...kahahaha!"] Snype yelled out pounding his fists up and down from the ground uncontrollably. Mark felt satisfied that he got to do a little prank on Snype. Something told him it would come back and bite him in the ass but so far it was worth it.

Nideous

Years
"Why thank you," Snivy said. Then Duster pounced on him, and began tickling him. Snivy fell to the ground laughing her head off.
"Hahaha! Alright, Duster, that's enough! I think we've made our point!" Snivy said. Duster let him up and ran over to Snivy.
"Oh, Snivy! You are so beautiful in the sunlight! I cannot resist your charms!" Duster said in a decent imitation of Snype's voice. The two of them burst out laughing all over again. Brian shook his head at them.
"Well, at least they are working together," Brian said.

Megaman765

Years
["K...hehe... uh... wha?"] Snype said as he got up and recovered from the tickle assault. Duster was imitating Snype's romantic performance fairly well. He hated showing this side of himself... it was emberessing especially if it wasn't intentional. Attract was a huge weakness with Snype. If he's hit by that, he isntantly becomes a hopeless romantic. Snype blushed and walked toward the group that had been laughing at him. ["Kehehe. Now there's a move I'd like to learn. Just don't do that again."] Snype said to the girls. ["Now ya know, Attract tends to be quite a weakness of mine. Sad I know. Kehehehe.]

Mark laughed at the results. Snivy and Duster were getting together fairly well now. He kinda felt like picking on Snype more... this was too funny. Snype glared at Mark and gave off a large smile as he sat down on the grass.

Nideous

Years
"Allright, I'll leave you alone!" Snivy said. She was clinging to Duster so she wouldn't fall down again.
"I might tease you about it later!" Duster said honestly. The two of them had grown closer. Snivy was starting to trust her, and she knew it. Duster was very pleased at this.
"Alright you two, knock it off!" Brian said, "let's not injure his pride anymore!"
He turned to Mark.
"Do you think we've done enough to get out of here?" Brian asked. He was ready to hit the beach!

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe. Hey don't get any ideas Duster. You two try a stunt like that again and I'll be sure to get some payback! Hahaha."] Snype joked to the both of them. ["But hey, I can act alot more charming then Mark over there right? On second thought, you don't have to answer that question. Kehehehe."] Snype said, being friendly by putting his arm around Duster.

Mark yawned and stretched his arms out. "Haha, yeah! I'm think I'm all set. I think everyone else is still in class so I say we all go and prepare for this little trip to the beach!" Mark exclaimed cheerfully. He couldn't wait. Not only would it be a time to relax but he was anticipating his battle with Valorie. Hopefully he could at least somewhat impress her with his slight skill in battling... Commodore followed behind Mark as he handed his paper to the teacher.

"The beach huh? Have fun! Great performance in class by the way" Luana said. Mark thanked her and walked back over to Bri and the others.

"Hey, while everybody else is finishing up in their classes, Lets check out the shop in the Pokemon center and see what TM's they got available." Mark said.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
This time Selene didn't even bother to peek at Valorie out of the corner of her eyes. She preferred the direct approach...so she swung forward on her chair so all 4 legs were on the floor and turned to her side, putting her head in her hand and watching Valorie directly, a mischievous smile on her face.

As she watched, Valorie's face turned from pink...to wide eyes...to deadpan. Ha! Selene may not know Valorie too well...but she recognised that face already. That was Val's 'I-am-not-showing-any-emotion-here-nobody-can-know' face. Sel nearly laughed out loud - she could only imagine how embarrassed Valorie was feeling now - but that was never her primary aim!! She just wanted to uncover the truth about how Valorie felt about Mark, and in truth it was quite nice having a girl friend to be able to do stupid stuff like this with - not that that usually stopped her as Mark had found to his detriment, but still...girl talk and stuff.

She watched as Dratini floated the note over to her - she was trying to make eye contact with Valorie but she managed to avoid her gaze, clever! - and she caught the note before it landed on the table, unfolding it and snorting before she could stop herself.

N Well... yeah! I mean, I guess so. I've gotta look good for my upcoming battle. There's nothing wrong with dressing to impress, right? I still haven't figured out which pokemon I'm going to use...

Ohhh yeah whatever...she saw the beginning of a 'no' but Valorie couldn't lie, not even in note form. AND she was trying to change the subject...oho!! This couldn't get any better. Uncapping her pen, Selene bit the tip of her tongue as she scrawled.

Ha! Yeah whatever...people don't make an effort for a battle...unless you're taking on the Elite Four or something and obviously you want it to be memorable...speaking of which, shouldn't class be over by now? She thought suddenly, glancing up out of the window and seeing classes breaking, Everyone else is out...oh look, Bri and Mark too...you know what, I'm going to speed this up a bit.

Selene stood up and put the note in front of Valorie, clearing her throat. "Excuse me Sir, but classes are over now...may we break? I don't mean to be impertinent but some of us have a class to get to next period or a battle to prepare for in the period after, myself being one of those, and I don't really want to be held up beyond our timetabled session time" her voice was just the right balance of authoritative and respectful as she addressed the teacher. She noticed the other students looking at her like she'd grown an extra head, but she really didn't care.

Nideous

Years
"Sure! Let's go see what they've got!" Brian said. Snivy climbed back unto Bri's shoulder, and Brian picked Duster up. Duster grinned wickedly at Snype, and Snivy laughed like she didn't care. Brian led the way to the pokemon center shop, and grinned at what was there. All kinds of items and trinkets were on shelves. Brian was like a kid in a candy store, and was pleased by the selection. Snivy examined anything that caught her interest, and Duster jumped down and went looking for something that she smelled. Brian found his way to the TMs. As he had figured, they were way to expensive for him.
"They've got a pretty good selection, huh?" Bri asked.

Megaman765

Years
Snype jumped up onto Mark's shoulder and hit him across the side of his head. "Ow! Hey! You know you deserved that!" Snype snickered. He would have to get proper payback somehow... an idea would pop up in his head eventually. Mark returned Commodore to his Pokeball and followed Bri to the Pokemon center, all the way to the TM department. Sheesh TM prices have sure skyrocketed since the old days...

"Geez... I remember when TMs used to be alot cheaper when they were single use items... They changed it up so that you could use them as much as you want now. Because of this, the prices have skyrocketed." Mark said. The prices went up so high... 10'000 Pokedollars and up! Even for simple TM's like safeguard. What Duster needed though was some other form of offense... to go against ghost Pokemon. Mark eventually wandered off to check a few more of the TMs that were in stock. He envied the kid that got enough money from their parents to afford this stuff.

Mark thought about his own family... due to his father's gambling, they've either won alot of money, or lost alot. Mark was lended quite a bit of money but he wasn't about to spend it recklessly on TMs. There were more important things to spend this money on, such as Potions and supplies for himself. He sort of wished the 1 use variants of TMs were still available for purchase. Then maybe he would think about it a little more. Mark really wanted to get a TM for Len to use... it would be a great way to prepare for the upcoming battle.

The TM's that caught his interest were Dig and Psychic. Those would be great for Len to have on him... There had to be a better way to get such expensive TMs like this... he would be willing to share them with his friends... Mark sighed as he put the disks back into their shelves.

"See anything you like?" Mark asked Bri.

Nideous

Years
"Yeah, but nothing I can afford. This Thunderbolt TM would be a perfest fit for Duster, but being the youngest of seven brothers, I kinda have no money... Oh well," Brian said. He put the TM back in it's case. Duster ran back to him. She smelled vaguely of flowers.
"Doesn't this pokemon perfume smell great?!" Duster asked eagerly.
"Where did you get that?" Brian asked suspicously.
"They were giving out free trials! Well, that's what the human said when he sprayed it on me! You should go try it Snivy!" Duster said.
"Um, no," Snivy said, "It wouldn't suit me."
Brian shook his head at them and walked out of the store.
"So, to the beach to get everything set up?" Brian asked.

Megaman765

Years
Mark could smell the perfume on Duster as he walked back to the group. Admittingly it smelled really nice... Snype sniffed it and enjoyed the smell, eventually realizing it was Duster that was giving off the Perfume smell. ["Kehehe, You smell pretty darn nice there Duster!"] He complimented.

Before Mark walked out of the shop, he made sure to pick up a few healing items, mostly full heals, potions, that sort of stuff. Once he payed for all of the items, he followed Bri out of the Pokemart. Time to get ready for the beach now...

"Um, I'll join you later Bri. I got some stuff to take care of first. I'll go get changed and join you at the beach later alright?" Mark said to him. "I'll see you there in a bit." Mark said as he walked off. Snype waved at Bri and his pokemon as Mark walked away. He planned to meet up with Valorie and Selene before heading off to the beach. That and he still needed to get changed into his swim trunks... he hoped that everyone's classes would end sometime soon...

Nideous

Years
"Moron! Doesn't he know that there are dressing rooms at the beach!" Snivy said. Duster waved to Snype as they ran off. Brian shrugged and walked down to the beach by himself. He guessed he would be the first one there. He walked as fast as he could into the dressing rooms and changed into his swimming trunks. He came out again, but before he could run down and jump into the water, Snivy stopped him.
"Go put your clothing into your bag! Honestly, who leaves there clothes on the floor like that!" Snivy said. Brian grinned sheepishly and went back in. He emerged a moment later, shoving a sock into the bag. He had his shoes in one hand and his towel in the other. He was ready to go! Snivy had already walked down to the beach, and was laying on her stomach, letting the sun wash over her leafy tail. Duster had waited for him, and the two of them raced each other into the water. They splashed around, laughing and having a good time, when Brian saw him. A Buizel swam lazily past them. Brian's eyes widened. He had been hoping to see some cool pokemon, and here was a Buizel within arms reach!
"Hey! I'm going to catch that Buizel!" Brian called out to Snivy. She opened one eye to watch as Brian splashed as fast as he could to the shore. He pulled a pokeball out of his bag and hurled it at the Buizel. The Buizel leapt out of the water and swam to shore.
"You'll never catch me like that! Go ahead, give it another try!" the buizel said, throwing his pokeball back.
"You've forgotten already? You have to battle him first," Snivy said lazily.
"Alright Snivy! You're up!" Brian said. Snivy sighed, but he wanted her to battle, so battle she would. She walked over in front of Brian. The Buizel leapt into the air and swung his tail, blasting a Sonic Boom at Snivy.
"Dodge it and use Bullet Seed!" Brian yelled. Snivy nimbly jumped out of the way and sprayed the buizel with her machine gun-like seeds. The buizel took the hit, and rolled in the sand. He got up painfully. Brian just remembered then that Grass type attacks worked well against water types like buizel. But buizel wasn't done yet. He ran towards her with a Quick Attack. Brian was only able to stand there as Snivy got hit. She flew into the air, and landed in the sand a few feet away. She shook the sand off of her and got to her feet. This Buizel was fast.
"Vine Whip!" Brian said. Snivy Sent out her vines to knock the smug look off his face, then stared in shock as he dodged the attack.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice closed her book as other students began to scatter. Class was really over already? It was sort of disappointing that on the second day, Alice had learned nothing. She was expecting to have learned a few interesting things, but she only learned that tardiness was constant here. Alice picked up Jem, stood up and walked down the hall. Looking to the left, she saw that there were stairs. Perhaps this led to more classrooms? Alice looked forward again and saw Mark walking alone, and he seemed to have something on his mind. Jem leapt out of Alice's arms and ran in front of Mark, blocking his way.

"Vulpix!" he exclaimed. Alice realized as she walked over that she had been planning to follow Mark and Brian, but she didn't even know where they were headed. "So Mark, where are you going?" she asked, not very pleased with sounding so nosy. She walked over next to Jem, and he crawled up onto her shoulder and looked at Snype.

Megaman765

Years
Mark stopped in his tracks when a famiar Vulpix got in his way. It was Alice's. She asked where Mark was going. Well, no point in keeping a secret.

"Oh, I was actually going to pick up some stuff back at my Dorm and meet up with two friends afterwards. We're all heading to the beach! You wanna come?" Mark asked her. "I'm mostly going to see if I can find some food or any other beach stuff to bring along. Hey if you got anything on you that would be good for the trip that would be great! That is... if your willing to tag along with us..."

Snype looked at Jem, recognizing her back from the cafeteria. He simply gave off a large Smile. ["Kehehe. Hiya Jem! What do ya think about going to the beach with us?"] He asked.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
So he was going to the beach. It would be sort of like an in-school vacation... thing. "Sure! I could catch a water Pokémon," Alice replied. "Umm let's see... I think I had an umbrella and a ball somewhere." She had brought those items when she read in the brochure that there was a grand beach at the school. Not sure if she'd need them, she brought them anyway. "Sorry for not having any food," Alice apologized.

"I'm willing to go, but only if nobody gets my tails wet!" Jem joked. He wanted to help Alice catch a water Pokémon, but he wasn't fond of the water part. Which was pretty much the whole point.

Megaman765

Years
"Oh! That works then! If you got anything else feel free to bring it along!" Mark said, excitedly. "Don't worry about the food problem too much. I'll handle that part. I'm sure I got a few stuff at my Dorm. I might as well change into my bathing suit while I'm there as well. But hey! Great! More company!" Mark was really excited. I bit more excited then he should be when he's going to a beach. Heck, he's only been at a beach a few times so maybe this was normal behavior.

Snype chuckled at Vulpix. ["Well, as long as ya don't stay close to the water. I'm sure all of the sunlight over there will be good for ya though!"] Snype said.

"For me, I actually promised to have a battle with this girl over at the beach. So I'm really looking forward to that myself." Mark continued.

Back