• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Festivals

Years
  • A music festival is a festival geared towards music that is sometimes presented with a theme such as musical genre, nationality or locality of musicians, or holiday.

Do you enjoy music festivals?

What is your favourite music festival?

Which music festivals have you been to in the past? (And what bands were playing?)

Best festival line-up you've ever heard of?

* * *​

I enjoy the musical acts, and depending on the artist and the crowd, the atmosphere as well. I generally prefer going to concerts instead though, as festivals are filled with a lot of idiots who go just to get drunk instead of to listen to the music. I'd only go to a festival if there are multiple bands that I like playing there, or a band that I really like that aren't playing any sideshows.

What is your favourite music festival?
    Mine would have to be the St. Jerome's Laneway Festival, or just Laneway as it's known. Especially recently the line-up has always been really good. Unfortunately you have to be eighteen (legal drinking age in Australia) to go, so I missed out on this year's and the 2010 one, but next year if the lineup's good I'm definitely going.

Which music festivals have you been to in the past? (And what bands were playing?)
    I've only ever been to two proper music festivals (unless you count like a local music festival in Victoria which my band played at last year, but it's not really a typical music festival so I don't think it counts). In early 2009 I went to Soundwave, mainly because at that point I was still into most of the bands that play there (I saw Minus the Bear, Bedouin Soundclash, Alice In Chains, Every Time I Die and a few others). The only other festival I've been to is Groovin' the Moo in 2010, which I went to purely to see Lisa Mitchell (which I achieved front row for). I also saw Vampire Weekend (I don't really like them much but a few songs are alright), Neon Love and Silverchair (they mostly played their older stuff which was really good live, I don't really listen to them as much as I used to).

Definitely the 2011 Laneway Festival, which I unfortunately couldn't attend due to being two months too young. The artists I wanted to see the most were Beach House, Blonde Redhead, Foals and Warpaint, but there were others I wouldn't mind seeing as well like Deerhunter and Les Savy Fav. It was a one-day festival, so a short line-up, but those four bands especially made it for me. All the sideshows were at bars and stuff too, so they were over-age as well :/

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I honestly don't like going to festivals that much. They seriously wipe me out. :P
    Idiots that only get drunk? Isn't that everyone's way of having a good time at a festival? (No no, I'm kidding, but there's no way you can escape that).

I was supposed to attend Monster Energy Music as a Weapon V, which would be in five days, but tickets are sold out. The line up is Disturbed and Korn with 7Dust and In This Moment. I don't like any of them but knowing the metal community, Disturbed and Korn in the same line up is a big deal.

Favorite festival... probably Mayhem Fest. I attended the one in 2009 and only went because my sister wanted to see Cannibal Corpse. Ugh, I know, I know... Mushroomhead was there though! And Marilyn Manson. He's okay.
    I am excited for 2011's line-up because of Megadeth, Testament, and Dethklok.

I REALLY want to attend Ozzfest some time in the future. That I gotta do before I get too old for metal shows.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Love 'em, although I've only attended small short festivals (<=900 people) so far. May be flying to Slovenia in July to attend Metalcamp this year, which will be weeklong and involve 12 000 people.. if I didn't have a standing offer for free room & transportation I'd be going to Germany for Under the Black Sun.

Small fests that nobody outside of NC's heard of.

Under the Black Sun
    Samhain Black Metal Fest, which is actually held in my hometown: Krieg, Teratism, Profanatica, Kult ov Azazel, etc
    There's been many many incredible early death metal fests, but those were taking place when I was around 6.

I REALLY want to attend Ozzfest some time in the future. That I gotta do before I get too old for metal shows.

Nahhhh.. if you're in it, you're in it. It's rare when I'm not the youngest at the shows I attend around here.

Fun fact: my boyfriend's band was invited to play Ozzfest last year. It's $120,000 to play a side stage. ..They declined.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Nahhhh.. if you're in it, you're in it. It's rare when I'm not the youngest at the shows I attend around here.

No, no, like... too old for the mosh pit and stuff. Y'know, physically, har har har. I was next to a grandmother and her grandson when I saw AC/DC. That rules in my books.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I can say I still haven't gone to a
    music festival yet but I believe it's a fun
    and cool event to attend to, right?

Back