• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Down with the Crown (Rated M) (OOC/SU)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Welcome to the OOC/SU thread of DwtC. You can find a lot of information on the roleplay here as well as sign up sheets and info on other characters' teams. You may also use this thread to discuss things related to the roleplay.

This roleplay is run by two GMs working together, PkMnTrainer Yellow and LawOfTheLand. We have both put quite a bit of work into planning this roleplay. The roleplay is adventure themed with a side of character development and optional romance. You may also find it to be laced with some paranormal horror. It's intended to be reasonably fast paced. That being said, you should aim to have a minimum average post rate of around one post per two days.

(The IC thread has not been created yet, as the roleplay has yet to start. We are currently accepting your sign-ups! We will not be accepting any until we are ready to start the roleplay, but rather when it comes time we will choose four people to play the main characters. An unlimited amount of people are allowed to apply, however. We the GMs will not be playing any of the four.)

The Plot
Spoiler:

The Setting
Spoiler:

You
Spoiler:

The Pokemon (Starters, Wild, etcetera)
Spoiler:

The "Leveling" and Combat System
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters and their Teams
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Template
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Reserve please! I can't write an SU while at school sorry.

Dawn

Years
Fuyu, you don't need to reserve. xD This is one of those. "Everyone who wants to can sign up, and in a few days we'll decide who gets in" things.

Fuyu

Years
Just making sure you would read it XD

Name: Olivia "Ollie" Martell
Sex: Female
Your Preferred Starter: Shinx or Ralts
Appearance: Ollie is designed to surprise and terrify. Her hair is black, in a ponytail, sleek, and supposedly gorgeous. Well actually, it was dyed when she was a child, changing her unusual greyish-silver hair into black streaked silver. She isn't tall, but she is athletic, well-built for someone of her age and size. It comes from chores and drinking milk everyday. Her teeth are rather fanglike but they're just sharp. She has a golden tan and a hatred of all things normal. She has blue eyes that look lilac normally and when her emotions run high turn violet. They only look blue when she takes out her contacts. Her body is scarred from fighting against blades and, in some really odd cases, cutting firewood. Look, just don't ask. There is one in particular below her left eye. She doesn't remember where that came from.

Ollie's clothes are a grey shoulder-sleeve shirt covered by a black jacket and blue jeans. These are nice clothes. By nice I mean not ripped to shreds. Her shirt is plain, except for the slight stretch that shows her bust. Her pants are loose around her legs, but not so much that they'll fall off. Her hands are covered by black fingerless gloves, the gloves slightly armored, in case she doesn't use her staff and goes for the good old-fashioned punch in the face. Her jeans are ripped at the ends. If she was allowed, she would go barefoot. But she can't, so she wears black sneakers with an area she can clip on inline skate wheels. She likes skating over walking. Who knew? She also carries a retractable staff, usually the size of a cane, and an odd sword that can be adjusted to how sharp its edge is. But she usually keeps that in her bag, refusing to kill anyone. It's her master's and she's keeping it safe for him.

Personality: Ollie is a tomboy. She's a tomboy in the way that says physical rough and tumble but will still make herself look presentable. She's as sly with her words as a fox, able to manipulate with a few words and emotions. She prefers not to though, liking to make sarcastic quips and punch things. She's a cheerfulperson and she wants a Pokemon that displays that. Ollie loves to fight. It be in her blood. Does she care what people think? Not particularly, except for her teacher. She's intelligent, almost a genius. But when it comes to a classroom, she's lazy. It's a miracle her master taught her anything at all, let alone what he did. Photographic memory helped.

Ollie hates blades. She's used to hunting knives and maybe hatchets. But she doesn't like any kind of large blades or any of that. She could survive in the wild pretty well but she knows when to give up and go in a house. She likes Pokemon, likes them a lot. Ollie grew up with them. She hasn't had sugar in years so it makes her hyper when she has it. Ollie is also a good gymnast. The downside? She's not that powerful. Not that that stops her any. She hates dresses and loses her agility in them. When Ollie gets incentive, the change is astounding. She is serious and openly menacing, as opposed to hiding it.

History: She will not admit to much, other than the fact that she was raised by her master in a small cabin in Viridian Forest since she was seven. Before this, she has little memory of, supposedly havin run through the forest or having been an outcast of Pallet. No one is sure about it. She doesn't remember being anywhere except that cabin and a dark, smelly place. Her words, not mine. There was technology but not too much. Ollie was taught to fight, cook, whittle and other things along with a basic education, including how to spy on people. She is going on a journey to find her missing master, who disappeared from the cabin not long ago. The cabin was attacked four months ago and Ollie had to flee. Desperate to escape, the young woman snuck onto a cargo plane that she thought was bound for Hoenn but instead it went to Ruula. A Team Crown plane thought they were an enemy, having come from an unusual area, so it was shot down. Ollie survived due to pure luck and desperation, practically crawling to the outskirts of Jamis Town. through her injuries. Despite the raging battle, citizens took her inside and began to fix her up. She only woke up a couple of days ago. Seeing the plight of these people she decided to help them, as her master would have wanted her to do.

Additional Quirks: Ollie recently obtained a near crippling fear of fire. She also hates the sounds of fireworks and lightning. Also, she is decent with blades but better with her staff. She doesn't want to kill anyone.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
... Huh. .-. Sure seems quiet in here. Though, I feel obligated to state this because I noticed this in Fuyu's app.

Fuyu, I don't know if you caught this, but I explicitly banned guns and while your character doesn't technically have one, she has a fear of gunshots. The thing being, the spirit of the rule was that guns just don't /exist/ here. (Because their existence would be a plothole as they'd be too effective compared to using pokemon.) ^_^;

Fuyu

Years
XD Sorry fixed it. I figured the evil people have guns XD.

Dawn

Years
Naaah. That'd raise the question of why anyone bothered spending years training pokemon when a small group of people with guns manufactured en masse could just waltz up and be like "Lolno" and end them. So yeah. Guns don't really work with pokemon unless you make pokemon absurdly resistant to bullets which is just getting into DBZ levels of power.

But yeah. I'm not going to rant on and on about that. I think you get the point. xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Shiny new RP. Must. Create. Sign-up. On a side note, this will be my first ever female character. Let the disaster begin! On the other hand, most sign-ups I've seen lately have been girls. And I mostly role-plays guys...ahh screw it.

Name: My name. Well aren't you the eager little fellow…and so cute to. Fine, fine. Clariece Alexandra Donnevell. Named after both of my grandmothers in the hopes that I would grow up to embody the grace, beauty, and respectability that both of those fine women, God rest their souls, focused their lives around. But is that the truth? Maybe my name is Bethany Leigh Clearwater: A bastard daughter of a gypsy woman and the man of high moral standing that she seduced. Ah, it is glorious isn't it? The thrill of being someone else. The risk of being caught in a lie, ahhhh. I can be whoever you want me to be, Darling. Or, whomever I want you to think I am. (Real name: Stephanie "Mask" Delilah Eddington.)

Age: 22 if I choose to be so, but who is keeping count. (22)
Sex: Sweetie, if you have to ask the answer is…oh…Female.
Your Preferred Starter: Shinx are such beautiful pokemon. My, my, what I would not…do to have one of my very own.

Appearance: Beautiful…is that not enough. Fine, but seeing is so much more fun than reading, Dear. Red, fire hair flows seductively down my back to right upon a rather particularly interesting curve of my body. Dark mysterious eyes that tell you everything you want to know as well as things you didn't even know you wanted to hear. A cute button nose that is neither too small nor too big. Just right as Goldie-Locks would say. Luscious lips surround beautiful white teeth offering a smile meant to disarm, soothe, and entice. Finishing out my facial features are an elegant neck that is surrounded by an assortment of beautiful stone and bead necklaces and cute ears that are typically hidden by a thin white and green scarf that also covers my forehead and is tied underneath my hair. Dark sun-kissed skin holds everything together in a rather irresistible package. So beautiful, so inviting. It is okay to stare, Sweetie.

The rest of what you see is hidden I'm afraid, though I can tell you what you are missing. Long powerful legs stretch down to feet that are typically barefoot. Maybe the only blemish of my otherwise perfect body would be the layer of callouses that act as padding under my feet. But just wait till you see me dance, Sweetie. Callouses will be the last thing on your mind. A thin, well-trained body that other women would kill for is completely hidden under a loose fitting emerald green dress with white flower patterns. Sometimes the worst thing you can do with beauty is to show it for free. Give a little, and then make them work. Plus, the dress is perfect for dancing. I have many. I try to keep a few on my at all times. Green for the day, red for the night. I'll let you use your imagination on what is under the dress. But Dear, it is impolite to daydream.

Personality: If you want to know that, you are going to have to do better than simply asking. (Mask, if you haven't figured it out by now, is a very manipulative woman. She has trained her mind and body for years for a single purpose: to get what she wants. So what is it that she wants? Well, that would depend on who you are and what you have to offer. But that wouldn't be a very clear answer. Things have very little meaning to her. In truth, anything other than herself really does. But how is that different from anyone else? What Mask really cares for is power. Not the power that comes from being famous or in charge of decisions that effect the lives of many. No, Mask desires the control over individuals. Each person she meets is a conquest. A game. She provides them with the delusion of who they want to be and controls them through that delusion. Her intentions depend on the person. A shy, awkward but otherwise sweet man might just need the encouragement of a beautiful woman to make him see what he truly has to offer. If he decides to shower Mask with attention and gifts through the process…is it so wrong? However, someone with lower moral standards required a different approach and a less…pleasant end.

Mask, strangely is not one to take control of situations in the normal sense. In truth, the young woman has no direction of her own. Her actions are base solely off the desires, or what she wants their desires to be, of the person she is "masking." She uses her…talents…to encourage, trick, or obtain but never determines her own final destination. She simply acts as an extension of another person. If one were to look under all the masks, they would see a scared, unsure, confused girl with little to no plans or dreams of her own. But then, who is to say that is simply not another of her masks. Some would say she is strong and confident. Other would say niave. Others would claim she was a seductress. Liar. Thief. Perfect. Lover. Daughter. Friend. Fiancé. Worthless. Good…. But which is true? Not even Stephanie is completely sure anymore.

Pokemon are less complicated though. They require less prompting than humans. Trust is more freely given. Commands are followed with faith that the trainer knows what is best. The pokemon believes in the trainer. No lying. No manipulation. No games. Maybe that is why the idea of owning a pokemon has terrified Stephanie for so long. No masks, no lies, no problem. In fact, the only way to be successful is to open up and share your life with your partner. So how does someone be themselves when they don't even remember who that person is?)

History: Eight lines my dear? Surely you jest. I have more than eight lines in any single one of my histories. But which would you prefer to hear. Daughter of a wealthy but dominate man, adducted by a pirate and held ransom? Days at sea turned to weeks and soon into love? No longer wanting to continue his life of wandering, he returns the daughter and asks for her hand? Maybe you would prefer to hear a tail of a sweet country girl who runs away from her family home in search of a better life. She comes across wealthy businessman who grows tired of the demanding, unfulfilling life of business. A perfect match? Come now, Dear. Pick which one you want to hear. They are all so exciting. (The most important part of any lie isn't that the target believes what you are saying. It is that you believe what you are saying. Mask has found that the best way to do that is to weave a little bit of the truth in with the lies. Stephanie grew up the daughter of an abusive father and a mother too kind to ask for help on a small farm in the country. One night her father was a little too abusive and her mother too sweet. Being kicked in the head by a horse is a tragic way to die. At least, that is what everyone believed. People sent their regrets to her and her father. Her father was still abusive; Mask was less sweet than her mother. Ten years old is way to young to lose a mother.

It didn't take long for Mask to figure out why her father was never held responsible for his actions at home. The man knew how to spin stories. She followed him to town one weekend for his usually night of drinking and listened as he talk to the rest of the usually crew. He talked of a loving family, a wife who he missed dearly, and an adventurous daughter who reminded him of himself when he was young. He laughed with his drinking buddies as he told them how the girl he claim to be her would fall out of trees, stay outside too late, or break dishes while trying to be sweet and make dinner in order to fill the gap that losing his wife had left in him. He even cried as he talked about how he didn't think she would grow up to be a proper woman because she didn't have a mother and he was good enough to do it alone. The men patted him on his back. The ladies attempted not to cry as they swooned over such a good man. Stephanie?...Stephanie stored the memory in her mind. She would always be thankful to her father for that night. For once in his life, he gave something of worth to his daughter.

Eight year goes by quick when you have a purpose. A plan. Eight years is plenty of time to find "love," or at least someone that loves you. Eight days is more than enough time to plan a getaway. Supplies. Clothes. Money. Check. Eight hours is almost not enough time when preparing a letter for the police to tell them of everything that an abusive farther had done. Eight minutes is all that it takes to anger an abusive father enough to bring out his nature. One hit. Two hits. Three hits. Floor. Three hits were all she needed. The mark was there. Eight seconds is the exact amount of time it takes for a lover to be ready to kill someone…wait, no. Kill is not what she wanted. Jail…

Eight seconds was all her father needed to beat the young man to death. He never stood a chance against the beast that was her father. Eight minutes was how long it took her to start crying upon finding out what had happened. All she wanted was for him to go to the police with her. Eight hours was how long it took the police to find out what had happened and arrive to take her father away. Stephanie watched from a distance, tears still in her eyes. It took her eight days of walking and hitchhiking to reach Jamis Town. It seemed as good a place as any other to try and start over. It had taken her eight years to become eight-teen. She was of legal age now. Old enough to legally leave her father and not need a guardian. Old enough to marry. It would take her eighty years, however, to forget the sight of the young man's lifeless body as they removed it from her house while she watched crying from a distance. The blood on her hands? It would take more than eight lifetimes to wash it off.)

Additional Quirks: I don't like bugs and I'm allergic to peanuts. Also, clowns freak me out. Keep those things away from me, and our time together will be much more enjoyable.

Huh, that was actually fun to write…if not a bit weird at points. I tried to add a bit of role-playing into the sign-up, more for myself that anything. If I get lucky enough to earn a spot, I wanted to know how she would act. Good luck to everyone. Feel free to comment or critique me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Agh. Let's get some male characters in here, dammit. X_X

(Just letting potential players know that I do, in fact, exist here.)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I can make a male character as well if you prefer to have at least one male to choose from. Surely not everyone will make a female though. But then that could possibly happen...and I shouldn't call you Shirley.

Dawn

Years
We'd love to have your app, PsychoJigglypuff.

Also, nice name. |D

Regardless. It occurs to me that there's no particular reason /not/ to let you guys submit two different apps for two different characters (You may also give your preference on which you'd like to play)

That being said, if you guys want to submit both a girl and a boy, or two different kinds of characters that's cool with us.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
Years
This one looks good, and I hope my SU looks good.

Name: Brent Buchanan
Sex: Male
Your Preferred Starter: Geodude
Appearance: Brent's black hair is parted in the front, hanging down below his temples, but never in his eyes, and down to collar-level in the back. His dark brown eyes are always looking closely at something, whether it's a person, tree, or even the sky. As a result, he looks somewhat thoughtful. Brent is clean-shaven, and his face, though thin, doesn't look bony at all. He has a high cheekbone, and deep-set eyes.

As for his wardrobe, Brent never goes anywhere without his sliver pendant, which he always displays proudly on the outside of his shirt. He usually wears a baggy, dark-grey T-shirt with sky-blue patterns covering its surface. Over that, he wears a black leather jacket. He wears baggy, dark cargo pants that make it impossible to judge his leg width, and always black New Balance shoes with sky-blue trim. He is neither tall nor short, but is slightly on the thin side despite his massive appetite because of his high metabolism.
Personality: Brent thinks he's something above the rest. He takes good care of his appearance, but is vain and arrogant, to the point of annoying everyone else. He loves to talk and flirt, but sometimes isn't aware that others are going along and just waiting for him to let up, although many people enjoy his company, as he knows people well and likes to make them happy. Brent can be a perfectionist, wanting to do everything just right, but in a rush will panic and create a disaster. As said above, he has a voracious appetite and will eat anything and everything he can. He generally is highly critical of others, and tends to want revenge against someone who has, at least in his eyes, wronged him. And when motivated enough, as in the above case, he won't give up until he's accomplished what he wants. But motivating him can take some work.
History: Brent's parents were a little too protective of him, and as a result, he never learned what life outside his home was like. He never was allowed to do anything his parents called "morally wrong", and as his friends matured and began to do things he at first was horrified by, it became increasingly hard to shield him from it all. Brent eventually became angry toward his parents for their trying to keep him in a bubble. They were taking everything too far, and Brent grew to resent his parents and life. But most of all, he grew to resent his brothers Justin and Paul, who were "goody-two-shoes" and good students on top of everything, and getting showered with praise from his parents, while he was fading into the background.

Becoming a dedicated rebel committed only to irritating his parents, he began to adopt a "bad boy" schtick, spraying graffiti on buildings, shoplifting, and even toilet-papering his own house for one reason: to drive his parents insane. True, it was a bad reason, but 15-year-old Brent was a bit insane himself at the time. His parents were more than driven insane, and they kicked Brent out of the house eventually, dropping him off with his aunt and uncle, Jeff and Helen, who lived in Jamis Town. In the time since, Brent has really grown into his current personality, and abandoned his troublemaker life, so everybody in Jamis Town knows him as you all will.
Additional Quirks: None, really.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Name: Elijah "Eli" King

Your Preferred Starter: Azurill

Appearance:
(I'm not the best drawer in the world, but I already had this reference picture so I might as well use it. >.<)

Personality: Eli is a stoic, serious business kind of guy. He rarely cracks a joke, even in front of close friends or family. In fact, it is extremely rare to catch him laughing, because he has no sense of humor. Still, he does have emotions, he just prefers not to express them in front of others. The only way he can let them show is if he believes no one is around, or he is just with his Pokémon.

Eli is also a strong believer in justice. He is very honest and law-abiding, so if he sees someone doing something illegal, he will not hesitate to tell them off, or stop them himself, regardless of who the person is. His belief is that all criminals should be punished to fit the severity of the crime. However, if the laws themselves are corrupt, then he will not abide by them. His morals are strong and rigid.

When faced with a problem, he uses logic and reasoning to solve them. He is not one to act on impulse alone. However, if the logical choice conflicts with his morals, he will usually side with the latter, but it depends on the issue. He often reads books if they are available, but rarely carries them around. He typically prefers non-fiction, so he can learn more about whatever the topic is, but also enjoys solving mystery novels.

He claims to be a pacifist, but he is perfectly capable of beating someone up. He only encourages fights for self-defense, but he has a pretty loose interpretation of what self-defense is. He also considers it fine for exercise purposes, as long as there is no intent to harm.

History: For as long as he could remember, he has been living with his father and older brother. He knew of his mother and sisters, but they were back in Unova. He has never visited them since he left with his father to travel the world, but occasionally gets letters from them. However, since they were constantly moving around, it was hard for all the letters to reach them.

His father never once explained why they were constantly on the move without the rest of the family. When he asked his mother through letters, she would never reply either. After several attempts, he realized it was something neither of them wanted to discuss, so he stopped asking about it. His older brother seemed to have some understanding of the situation, but never said anything out of respect for his father.

After 12 years of travel, they eventually settled down in Jamis Town. His father and his older brother both got good jobs in town, and decided to stay. They had never stayed somewhere for over 6 months, so it was quite a change for Eli. Jamis Town essentially became his hometown, considering he didn't remember his times in Nimbasa City.

When Team Crown came into power, he immediately loathed them. They took over and changed the whole region, kicking out the officials and taking away many of the people's rights. One couldn't even send a letter without it going through Team Crown first. They abused their powers, becoming a tyrannical force not to be messed with. Eli couldn't stand such despotism.

He became involved in a protest, a peaceful one, but things soon became violent in the town. The Team Crown members had very strong Pokémon, and many of the townsfolk were overpowered. The former league members were doing their best to fight back, but more and more of the Crown members flooded the town. Even though Eli wanted to help defend the people, he had no Pokémon of his own to do so. Or at least, not yet…

Additional Quirks: He has a soft spot for anything adorable. He will automatically like cute Pokémon more than others. He is also extremely ticklish on his belly, but few have found out.

I hope this is okay. If you need me to change anything, let me know. o3o

Dawn

Years
I'm liking our recent apps. I do however want to get a few more before we start deciding. If I may ask, do any of you have any questions? (This also subs as me asking who is still on the ship)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Evolution, like leveling up, will work as a plot device, but it won't happen during a fight. Recall the incident in the anime when Ash's Charmeleon got so ticked off at a pesky Aerodactyl that it evolved into the mighty Charizard just to take to the skies and fight it head-on.

Also, remonstrating the rule about HM moves: They don't count against the four-move limit, but they don't give those out to just anyone. A Pokemon must first be trained in the proper techniques for using the move as it is to be applied in the field. Recall the Farfetch'd that cut down trees in Ilex Forest to make into charcoal.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Name: Luca Ekkehardt
Your Preferred Starter: Shinx -> Spheal
Appearance: When people look at Luca, they all laugh. His mouth is bigger than he is! Topping off at 145 cm, people tend to underestimate the kind of punch that Luca packs. Granted, he is very small, but he doesn't let that get in his way. To compensate for this, he trains his body everyday. Rock hard pecs and abs are the forefront of image along with solid arms a little too long for him, but he uses that reach to his advantage; most people wouldn't expect a runt of 145 cm to have a reach of a man 20 centimeters taller. Legs rippled with muscle are used to hauling around his hefty(in accordance to his height) 55 kg frame. Although he has muscle, the muscle isn't all too prominent.

Tired gray eyes reflect the confidence and pride that is bubbling deep inside him; yet they also reflect something else, a quaint sadness. A window, straight to the soul, are they not? Bits of platinum blonde hang down over his eyes in a sort of fringe, the rest of it sitting just on his shoulders. When he gets up in the morning, he uses a little bit of gel to put his hair up in a psuedo long-haired fauxhawk.Thin, platinum blonde eyebrows are pretty much only noticeable in direct light. His chin is sharper and more angular, rather than square or round and flat; although it isn't of either extreme. His skin, relatively flawless, lightly tanned by the sun. Stunning white teeth fill in the spaces of a crooked grin, asymmetrical to the rest of his astounding beauty.

Hanging around his neck, is a pair of tactical-grade goggles that are designed to filter as much light possible, yet still give one the clearest view possible. Rather than a shirt, Luca just wears a slate gray turtle-necked vest, with a metallic looking surface. Loose fitting dark green nylon cargo shorts are more than useful with the various pockets that house whatever he needs. These are held in place by a loose brown belt. A pair of heavy duty, gray hi-top sneakers are tied tight to his feet.

Personality: Proud and arrogant to the core, Luca isn't afraid to knock others down so he can shine. He isn't a sadist by any means, he doesn't find joy in the suffering of others, but he believes it is better them than him. Isn't it, after all, survival of the fittest? In relation to this, Luca won't go out of his way to mow down innocent people, he only takes down those who get in his way. That is to say, he isn't a bad person, yet on the contrary, he is not a good person either. If there is something he can do to give himself an advantage, he will do it in most cases, the exception being innocent people getting caught in the aftermath. That is the one thing that Luca doesn't find acceptable: involving or otherwise harming innocent people in things they wouldn't normally be a part of.

Luca has a huge resentment towards Team Crown. He was already, from the very first day he became known of their existence to pick up a weapon and fight back. You might be able to say that he was a little too over-eager. But that's just how he is; rash and headstrong. He isn't afraid of anyone, and won't stand for any injustice done unto him. Compulsive and spontaneous, Luca rarely ever thinks a situation through. Things can go pretty awry when he rushes in, weapons spinning, but he doesn't care, that makes it more exciting. He is always looking for the next challenge to complete, or obstacle to overcome, it's all about getting stronger. What's the point of fighting back if you aren't strong enough to do anything? That's what he believes, the strong should fight and protect the weak, where as the weak should just stay out of the way. Although he probably talks up his ability too much, it isn't all imaginary, he is quite a grand-battler. He fights more on instinct, and tends to be able to evaluate combat situations with military grade precision and speed.

History: Luca wasn't always the hot-headed arrogant youth that he is today. In fact, he used to be rather timid and awkward. Being the only child of a rather affluent military father, Felix Ekkehardt, he spent plenty of time bouncing around the various cities and towns all across the world, wherever his father was stationed. Wherever they were grounded for the time being, his family assets were set into giving Luca the best life that he could get. This cheapened him, he never learned to achieve anything of his own merit. He always expected it to be handed to him.

When the family was stationed in Jamis town, Luca's mother, Zella Ekkehardt, finally put her foot down. For whatever reason, she seemed to enjoy Jamis town a lot more than ever, a smile that was gone from her face for many years, finally began to show back up. She was tired of her and her child being dragged around by her husband's work. Zella's unwillingness to follow her husband wherever he was had caused a bit of internal strife among the family, and it began to fall apart. In the month's before his father was shipped to a different outpost, things went south. His father was rarely home, and when he was, the faint scent of alcohol could be smelled on his breath. The feeling of abandonment he felt by not only his wife, but his son, not wanting to be with him was expressed through rage. Not even the explanation that they wanted to be with him, but didn't want to be with his military career soothed this anger. His father would turn to violence towards his mother, and when she wasn't around, towards Luca himself. One night in particular, he was off his rocker, and brought home a few of his mates that he met at the pub. He declared that he was ditching his military crew for something better, Team Crown. As he made an advance towards Zella, Luca stepped in the way, gripping his fathers arm. "Don't lay a hand on her." He threatened the man who, in his older age and drunken state, was not at the best of his ability. It was met with the laughter and mockery of how much of baby Luca was. Hot tears ran down his face, he, however, was all but ready to give up. Instead of fear bubbling within in him, this turned to anger. Using the techniques his father had taught Luca himself, he managed to wrestle the man out a window, and ultimately crippling him for life.

The anger that had once dominated Luca's father, now dominated him. Anger raged inside of him, for no apparent reason. He was beginning to act much in the same way that his father was. He didn't care about anything, nothing mattered. 6 out of 7 nights he wouldn't return home, and when he did, his knuckles covered in the blood of kids who crossed him. This took more of a toll on his mother than anyone else, for she had always hoped Luca would be an act to follow. Upon realizing this, Luca spent months disciplining imself, learning to control his anger. His mother was the most important person to him, and the last thing he wished to do was upset her. Luca improved his issues greatly, but the damage was done. The gap that had formed between him and his mom never fully closed, the relationship they used to hold so close, now thrown on the ground and stepped on. This has made Luca somewhat weary of what life is to bring him, but he is ready for it nonetheless.

Additional Quirks: Luca's father trained him in hand-to-hand combat, yet he added his own spin on it, making it more free flowing and effective. He tends to focus on making impact, rather than the force of the impact. He wouldn't, however, throw a punch that would have no effectiveness.

His father also, with his vast wealth, made it possible for Luca to study battling, and in few rare situations, participate in them. Through this, he developed a knack for battling and adapting to the situation as needed. The down-fall of course, is his cockiness. He often bites off more than he should, making for a tough chew.

Dawn

Years
To clarify, evolution will probably be determined by how far one is in the plot. That or people can just ask for it to happen at a specific time and we'll consider it. |D

Back