• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Vengeance

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pokémon Vengeance

Get the demo (currently only about 1 hour of gameplay), and join the Discord!

Pokémon Vengeance (note that the logo is a work in progress), inspired by Pokémon Reborn and Rejuvenation, takes place in the Verdiva Region, which consists of 3 main islands:
    - Deloria Island, the island on which the player begins their journey, is lush and full of forests, jungles, and mountains (and even a volcano).
    Pokémon Vengeance

- Cryolysis Island is very cold and icy, and only consists of 1 city. It is very mountainous and not inhabited by many.
    Pokémon Vengeance

- Dritari Island is very barren except for some areas in the Northeast. Stiffcrack Desert spans throughout this island, making it difficult to build many towns and cities inland.
    Pokémon Vengeance

You, the player, start in Goldsong Village. This quaint village is on the west coast of Deloria and is known for its beautiful autumn atmosphere. You are visiting your older sister, Aria, for the first time in many years, and are away from your home and parents in Graywave City. Your family, the Knight family, is known throughout the region due to everyone's amazing accomplishments. Your mother, Artemis, was a champion for a long time until her soon-to-be husband, Lucius, defeated her in battle. Even Artemis' sister, Hestia, is well-known due to her Elite Octet status. Lucius and Artemis went on to have 3 children: Anthony, Aria, and you, the player. Anthony is known for his recent status as a Gym Leader, and he was at the top of his class at Darkleaf Academy. Aria, of course, went off to Kalos and earned her name as Kalos Queen. That leaves you. How will you earn a name for yourself? Will you live up to your family's reputation, or will you forge your own instead? How will you react when your perception of reality is shattered? How will you exact your revenge (or towards whom)?

During your time visiting Aria, a tragedy befalls your parents at their home in Graywave City. Verdiva, no longer under the protection of their champion(s), is overcome with people competing for new control over the region. Two new organizations reveal themselves after this tragedy, but their goals and practices differ immensely. Team Regal wishes to seize control of Verdiva now that the two strongest trainers are gone and the region is in disarray. Team Celestial, on the other hand, wishes to prevent people from gaining too much power, because once someone is strong enough to capture legendary Pokémon, they have the ability to disrupt the natural balance and stability in the world, which has been seen countless times in the past. Ultra Space will also be a major focus of Pokémon Vengeance, and the player will be able to explore many aspects of it along his/her journey. You and Aria must become trainers so that you can avoid the fate your parents experienced and choose how to serve justice.

Features:
    - 18 Gyms (one for each type)
    - Elite Octet (one for each stat)
    - Reborn/Rejuvenation-style Field Effects (updated and expanded, including 6 new fields as of now)
    - Choices/Actions affecting story
    - Gym Leader rematches (several)
    - Many new moves/abilities for existing Pokémon (available through tutor and hidden ability)
    - All Pokémon from Gen 1 to Gen 8 available by the end of the game (including IoA expansion)
    - Z-Moves
    - HM replacements
    - Improved Pokémon World Tournament

Let's meet a few of the characters (art is not final):

Aria
    Pokémon Vengeance

You may remember Aria from the XY anime, and yes, this is the same one (albeit some years later). She may have seemed like a happy girl with a perfect life, but there's more of a story behind her. She was born in Graywave City and was pressured by Lucius and Artemis to become a Pokémon trainer. They made her attend Darkleaf Academy until she and her aunt Hestia convinced them to allow her to go off to Kalos. Hestia set up a mentorship for Aria with a woman named Palermo, with whom she was acquainted. Aria had a lot of fun there exploring how to use Pokémon for performing, though she moved back to Verdiva after rising to the top and having nowhere else to go from there. Unfortunately, so many years later, she still isn't on good terms with her parents when they disappear, which she comes to regret.

Hestia
    Pokémon Vengeance

Hestia is a wise, modest woman who is very kind and nurturing. Aria idolizes Hestia for all the help she has given to her. Aria even moved to Goldsong Village just so that she could be near her. However, Hestia is not to be underestimated, and has earned her position as a member of the Elite Octet due to her clever and unique battling style.

Skyler
    Pokémon Vengeance

Skyler is Aria's new boyfriend, as well as your brother Anthony's best friend throughout their time at school together. He is understanding and generous, and also has a passion for music, which is perhaps a reason Aria (as a performer) was drawn to him. Aria moved in with him after living with Hestia in Goldsong Village for some time. Skyler is also the Flying-type Gym Leader of Goldsong Village.

Pokémon World Tournament:
    The Pokémon World Tournament will take place in Jadeburn City, and will be available starting after only 3 badges. It is going to be a tremendous part of the game, and hopefully can be as entertaining as possible. All levels will be set to 50, irregardless of whether the player's Pokémon are above or below that level, which allows the player to have fun at any point in the game. The player will register trainers in a device known as the Tournament Pager throughout his/her journey, and you will see this starting right after you get your first Pokémon. The Tournament Pager will be used to register all trainers, including ones from other regions (which there will be quite a lot of). This means that they can all be found somewhere in-game, though many will only appear on certain days of the week. You can participate in the Pokémon World Tournament with anyone registered in the Tournament Pager, though more formats will be available as you register more trainers, progress in the story, and meet other requirements. I plan to include many different tournament formats, and here are some I already have planned (each of these formats will also have choices for either single battles or double battles, and either partial team or full team participation, but the Field Effect will be randomized unless otherwise stated):
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Pokémon Vengeance

Map Sample (Route 1 - North):
    Spoiler:

New Fields:
    Spoiler:

Note that this game is being made with Pokémon Essentials. Here's the full credits list:
    Spoiler:

Please let me know of any questions, thoughts, feedback, or suggestions you all have!

Last edited:

wkduffy

Banned
    Years
    • HE
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Very interesting! I'm always glad to see more games with the field effects system.
    I have experience working with Reborn and Rejuvenation's scripts, so let me know if you need someone to help you with the development side of things or if you just need someone to hammer out events and the like.

The new fields have a lot of potential and I'm excited to see what you make with them. Will be keeping a close eye on this one.

BM8

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Man, this game looks sick. I can't wait till it comes out! It looks like it has so much features, incredible! Is there a possibility you will drop a demo (in the near future) or still lots of work to do?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Man, this game looks sick. I can't wait till it comes out! It looks like it has so much features, incredible! Is there a possibility you will drop a demo (in the near future) or still lots of work to do?

Thanks! I was thinking that maybe I could put up a small demo (like maybe 1-1.5 hours of gameplay) just so people get a feel of what the game's like. I'll put up a poll to see what people think.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh shoot, the question got cut off and I don't think I can edit it now...

I think the answer choices should clarify what it's asking, though.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just posted a link to the demo. I'd be happy to hear any feedback, suggestions, or thoughts about it so far! Also let me know if there are problems with the download, as I haven't uploaded anything like this before.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just added a bunch of information about the improved Pokémon World Tournament, so check that out. Let me know of any other cool ideas for formats, or how the existing ones can be improved (or removed).

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    I tried the demo. it's really good :D
    the different-colored shiny ledyba I found was a surprise.
    the lab section was perfect. not sure about the plot/characters, I started skipping the dialog at some point, I'd consider making it shorter, or dividing it to smaller sections.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I tried the demo. it's really good :D
    the different-colored shiny ledyba I found was a surprise.
    the lab section was perfect. not sure about the plot/characters, I started skipping the dialog at some point, I'd consider making it shorter, or dividing it to smaller sections.

Thanks for trying out the demo, and I'm glad you liked it! I used shinies from Reborn/Rejuvenation (because they look a lot cooler), but I've also tried out a couple shinies myself, though I'll probably change some of them later on. I see what you mean about the dialogue being too long. I think I'll cut it down in a lot of places, because it's probably best not to give away too much about the characters when first meeting them anyway. The places that come to mind are the first meeting with Aria in the hallway as well as meeting Skyler downstairs. Do you think the dialogue is fine in Hera's house and the lab? I think these areas aren't quite as bad, but I can cut them down a bit, too.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    it wasn't bad, but it felt weird, how excited she was about going on an adventure, while her parents' fate is unknown.
    from what little I didn't skip with Hera and the lab, the dialog was great.

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
  • Heyo! Angie here!
    This game seems to be so cool. I really love the idea behind the plot and the new additions! New abilities, the pokemon, new megas... This will be so awesome when it's done! I also really liked the Terrains stuff from Reb/Rej so I hope this is just as good, if not better.
    I'm downloading the Beta right now, so when I'm done I'll come here again. :)
    I really hope you all can make this into something complete for more people to pay attention to it, really! Good luck on the making of this and to all the team, you're all amazing!
    I'll be waiting here until you finish the game, so please let me know if you need to spread the word about it :D

Ciao, Angie out!

P.s: If you need any other opinions whatsoever about the plot/game mechanics, I'm always open for it! Also, I may or may not have posted the exact same thing on the recruitment one bc I didn't notice it wasn't the main post :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Heyo! Angie here!
    This game seems to be so cool. I really love the idea behind the plot and the new additions! New abilities, the pokemon, new megas... This will be so awesome when it's done! I also really liked the Terrains stuff from Reb/Rej so I hope this is just as good, if not better.
    I'm downloading the Beta right now, so when I'm done I'll come here again. :)
    I really hope you all can make this into something complete for more people to pay attention to it, really! Good luck on the making of this and to all the team, you're all amazing!
    I'll be waiting here until you finish the game, so please let me know if you need to spread the word about it :D

Ciao, Angie out!

P.s: If you need any other opinions whatsoever about the plot/game mechanics, I'm always open for it! Also, I may or may not have posted the exact same thing on the recruitment one bc I didn't notice it wasn't the main post :(

I'm glad you like the ideas behind the game, and thanks for showing your interest! We're making steady progress, so I'm excited to see how the first real release turns out. We've already made so many crucial edits to the content in the demo I posted that it almost feels completely different lol. I also really like the fields mechanic, and I'm in the process of updating them so that they have even more interactions with moves/abilities/items. Check out the Field Effect Manual for all the changes as of the demo's release (as well as the new fields).

If you have any suggestions after playing the demo, I'd be glad to hear them, and I'll keep in mind that you are up to give input on plot/mechanics.

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
  • I'm glad you like the ideas behind the game, and thanks for showing your interest! We're making steady progress, so I'm excited to see how the first real release turns out. We've already made so many crucial edits to the content in the demo I posted that it almost feels completely different lol. I also really like the fields mechanic, and I'm in the process of updating them so that they have even more interactions with moves/abilities/items. Check out the Field Effect Manual for all the changes as of the demo's release (as well as the new fields).

If you have any suggestions after playing the demo, I'd be glad to hear them, and I'll keep in mind that you are up to give input on plot/mechanics.

Heyo! I'm back after playing the demon. I mean, I think it was over? I stopped at the Combee situation bc there were no honey trees left, so I assumed that was the ending point for this one.

First of all: This game is legitimately BEAUTIFUL. The tile-sets used in here, alongside the music, made this look like a VERY realistic Pokémon game. The pacing of the game, even if just for that small area, was good. There were some grass tufts here and there that allowed the player to grind up a little. There was even a trade in-game already! Btw, I love Kiki, best boy w/ pickup! The story was really good, by the way. Even if it was just a clip of it, it made me really feel sad for the protags. Learning all that cool stuff in Aria's room and picking up items along the way was also very nice.

I think the best part for me besides the choosing starters, was reading Aria's diary and see how she went from being cheery and naive in the beginning to melancholic and mature to the contemporary time. It made me feel really sorry to know she fought with her parents and now she wants to go on a journey. Not only that, but the scenery is amazing. All those autumnal leaves and the yellow grass with pumpkins all around the place... it made me really feel like it was a seasonal town. Very cute and cozy indeed.

Now for the starters... I love the way you can quickly choose one and soft reset to get good ivs/nature without any dialogue, but I also love the machine. To think that you can remind everyone of Mystery Dungeon... truly iconic. I loved that quiz, because I was looking for Sobble w/ wonder skin, so machine was easier. That way I figured it out Sobble's "code" real fast and got good nature and ivs, after that it was piece of cake. I wanna see later if there is a spreadsheet for all the possible outcomes, since I feel like it would be a good thing to have for people who wanna quickly use the machine. In the end I had a Drizzile and Kiki with me, lol

Also, with the progress you guys have done till now, do you think it's too far-fetched to make a doc? Like, if there's more stuff added besides the Terrains, y'know? I don't wanna pressure anyone into making something like this, it's just that a doc is REALLY useful, since it helps people to search for what they want more easily. Not only that, but I think it shows more devotion to the project, since docs can take up time and all that, so it'd be a good thing to add if possible. I recommend. (and totally not bc I wanna know where bounsweet and g.ponyta are so I can plan my team up ahead lol)

Besides all of those good points, there's something that I think could maybe be changed, even if it's for the sake of easiness.
    1. Maybe change the surprise trainer battles? Or give some pointer to be honest lol; I walked in a house and saw two people playing. I talk to the first and they say something random. I go talk to the other and Boom! battle. It was easy to me because I had a sobble w/ water gun, but it may have been difficult to grass starters, y'know? :( Same thing with the geisha and her cotonee tbh, My sobble could only die at that moment lol. Not saying you have to scrap them off, just maybe put them a bit far ahead. People are used to breeze through the first town, so it may come as shock? Idk, it's on you to be honest.
    2. The pokemons of some npcs. I get that they were purposefully low level to allow the player to go through w/o problem, but I remember fighting a Sylveon and a Sudowoodo, the latter which had hammer arm lmao what! It may be a bit overwhelming for people that didn't grind in the beginning and had to face same level but higher stats pokrmon like them.
    3. Something in the beginning said about not being able to access menus, saves and stuff like that... Could you elaborate on that just a bit? I got confused bc I thought that it'd be limited on the game so I had to restart it two time lmao

Other than those three, the demo was too short to point anything else. Well, not like it'd have much to disagree with, since besides these, the game was pretty much awesome. Like, really, I loved playing just this half hour of the game. It's so well made and you can clearly see that the team put a lot of thought when they made it. I have to say I'll be waiting here promptly for the next version, like I said bf. But please also know that you can't push yourselves too too hard for this. Do it, but have fun doing it instead of just wanting to get the job done :D I'd rather see you guys all well and ok than seeing the complete game...

Is there gonna be discord for it? If there is lmk, I'd like to personally accompany the development of the game! Along this, if there's ever a need for beta-testing, do know I'm available for it! I'd love to help you all as much as possible, even if it isn't as useful as sprite artists and designers... I wanna help! That's all!

Sorry for the long rant :D I tend to get this way with stuff that marks me... lol

Ciao, Angie out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Heyo! I'm back after playing the demon. I mean, I think it was over? I stopped at the Combee situation bc there were no honey trees left, so I assumed that was the ending point for this one.

First of all: This game is legitimately BEAUTIFUL. The tile-sets used in here, alongside the music, made this look like a VERY realistic Pokémon game. The pacing of the game, even if just for that small area, was good. There were some grass tufts here and there that allowed the player to grind up a little. There was even a trade in-game already! Btw, I love Kiki, best boy w/ pickup! The story was really good, by the way. Even if it was just a clip of it, it made me really feel sad for the protags. Learning all that cool stuff in Aria's room and picking up items along the way was also very nice.

I think the best part for me besides the choosing starters, was reading Aria's diary and see how she went from being cheery and naive in the beginning to melancholic and mature to the contemporary time. It made me feel really sorry to know she fought with her parents and now she wants to go on a journey. Not only that, but the scenery is amazing. All those autumnal leaves and the yellow grass with pumpkins all around the place... it made me really feel like it was a seasonal town. Very cute and cozy indeed.

Now for the starters... I love the way you can quickly choose one and soft reset to get good ivs/nature without any dialogue, but I also love the machine. To think that you can remind everyone of Mystery Dungeon... truly iconic. I loved that quiz, because I was looking for Sobble w/ wonder skin, so machine was easier. That way I figured it out Sobble's "code" real fast and got good nature and ivs, after that it was piece of cake. I wanna see later if there is a spreadsheet for all the possible outcomes, since I feel like it would be a good thing to have for people who wanna quickly use the machine. In the end I had a Drizzile and Kiki with me, lol

Also, with the progress you guys have done till now, do you think it's too far-fetched to make a doc? Like, if there's more stuff added besides the Terrains, y'know? I don't wanna pressure anyone into making something like this, it's just that a doc is REALLY useful, since it helps people to search for what they want more easily. Not only that, but I think it shows more devotion to the project, since docs can take up time and all that, so it'd be a good thing to add if possible. I recommend. (and totally not bc I wanna know where bounsweet and g.ponyta are so I can plan my team up ahead lol)

Besides all of those good points, there's something that I think could maybe be changed, even if it's for the sake of easiness.
    1. Maybe change the surprise trainer battles? Or give some pointer to be honest lol; I walked in a house and saw two people playing. I talk to the first and they say something random. I go talk to the other and Boom! battle. It was easy to me because I had a sobble w/ water gun, but it may have been difficult to grass starters, y'know? :( Same thing with the geisha and her cotonee tbh, My sobble could only die at that moment lol. Not saying you have to scrap them off, just maybe put them a bit far ahead. People are used to breeze through the first town, so it may come as shock? Idk, it's on you to be honest.
    2. The pokemons of some npcs. I get that they were purposefully low level to allow the player to go through w/o problem, but I remember fighting a Sylveon and a Sudowoodo, the latter which had hammer arm lmao what! It may be a bit overwhelming for people that didn't grind in the beginning and had to face same level but higher stats pokrmon like them.
    3. Something in the beginning said about not being able to access menus, saves and stuff like that... Could you elaborate on that just a bit? I got confused bc I thought that it'd be limited on the game so I had to restart it two time lmao

Other than those three, the demo was too short to point anything else. Well, not like it'd have much to disagree with, since besides these, the game was pretty much awesome. Like, really, I loved playing just this half hour of the game. It's so well made and you can clearly see that the team put a lot of thought when they made it. I have to say I'll be waiting here promptly for the next version, like I said bf. But please also know that you can't push yourselves too too hard for this. Do it, but have fun doing it instead of just wanting to get the job done :D I'd rather see you guys all well and ok than seeing the complete game...

Is there gonna be discord for it? If there is lmk, I'd like to personally accompany the development of the game! Along this, if there's ever a need for beta-testing, do know I'm available for it! I'd love to help you all as much as possible, even if it isn't as useful as sprite artists and designers... I wanna help! That's all!

Sorry for the long rant :D I tend to get this way with stuff that marks me... lol

Ciao, Angie out!

Thanks for trying out the demo and for all this helpful feedback! I'm glad you liked the tilesets, but if you thought the maps were good before, you'll be happy to see how we've changed them. I will probably add a new picture of one of the maps once it is finished up, but I'll give you a little sneak peak of Goldsong Village's current state:
    Spoiler:

Aria's story for the beginning part of the game is being changed because someone made a good point that her decision to go out on a journey after not wanting this for so long was too spontaneous and a bit nonsensical. I also think I'll limit the revealing of her backstory in the diary a little because I don't want it to give away too much, and I think it's important for the player to figure out some of it on his/her own on their adventure. (I know the player is Aria's sibling, but I think it would make sense that not everything is known about her considering that she was away from the player for so much of her life.)

As for the starter selection, I didn't even know that the quiz was a thing in Mystery Dungeon lol (I've never actually played these games). I'm not sure why using the machine would make resetting for a starter easier though, considering that it's like the regular selection except with more clicks. The only difference between just choosing a starter and using the machine is that the machine has a higher shiny rate. I'm not sure if I want to create a spreadsheet for the machine quiz because the point of that is not for you to get the exact starter you're looking for (this is what the regular selection is for), and I think that's part of the trade-off of using it (I guess using fully random doesn't have any advantages over personality selection though).

I think a document with Pokemon/Item locations would be doable, so I'll definitely consider this.

As for the difficulty of the trainers, I've significantly nerfed them (especially the ones on Route 1) because this is probably the top complaint I've received so far. I actually don't think I nerfed the bug catcher too much though, as he's pretty easy if you have another Pokemon besides just your grass starter. I think it's not the end of the world if you lose an optional battle like that, and it's easy to go back and battle him later if you are having too much trouble at the beginning. However, I'm not sure I want to just remove trainers from the houses. I think it's nice to have a bit of risk when talking to NPCs in houses as well, rather than just having the chance to get something from them or having nothing happen at all (there's also the monetary reward for defeating them).

For the saving/menu stuff, I didn't want to say too much there because I didn't want to break the immersion too much, and I plan to have these be described in more detail as they are actually implemented. Basically, don't worry about that until it's talked about again in-game. I just wanted to give a subtle warning about this in the beginning.

I'm happy you enjoyed the game so much. I made this demo pretty much by myself (except for the public resources other people provided online), and I think the game's moving in a much better direction now that there's a team to back it up. If you want to accompany the development of the project, I think maybe it's best that you join the discord (invite code "JVuBg4X") and I can talk to you more about it from there.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Here's a bit of a mapping update, since I posted this a little while ago on the game's thread on Reborn's community page:
    Pokémon Vengeance

This is the second half of Route 1, and the final obstacle before reaching Darkleaf Town.
    Also spooooky, Halloween...

Anyway, enjoy the map!

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Looks amazing! I'll be following closely. Hopefully theres a demo soon!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Looks amazing! I'll be following closely. Hopefully theres a demo soon!

Thanks! We actually already have a very small demo already released if you want to check it out (at the top of the main post). We're working on fixing many of the problems in this demo, many of which have already been resolved to be implemented in the next version, but hopefully you can still enjoy it in the original state.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Hello, first I want to say that I really like your game :) the story, the graphics, it's so beautiful. I have a little question, I am stuck with the Combee don't know what to do ? Is the demo ends there maybe ?

Back