• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The weird tree at-- wait, what are you doing in Hoenn!?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • 185.gif

After completing Emerald and FRLG, you have access to Pokemon from Johto, which at the time were very scarce and difficult to get ahold of, especially without the aid of Pokemon Colosseum. So, did you like the variety of Johto Pokemon that were given to you in these games? Are there other Pokemon that you wish made an appearance in these games in favor of some that we got? Do you think they fit in well to the surroundings? All this and more if you have anything else to add! Discuss, discuss! :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, I really liked the out-of-the-dex Pokémon that were available to us after the E4, especially the Johto starters in Emerald, which we could get by completing the Region Dex. I thought that they ought to put in many more Pokémon from Johto and Kanto, and in FR/LG, I really liked the post-game since we could go to new places filled with new Pokémon. That might've been one drawback in Emerald. Also I loved Larvitar in FR/LG, oh the cutie! (Not so cute Tyranitar as well)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • With Emerald, I think the Johto Pokemon we got in the post-game Safari Zone were pretty neat. Miltank, Mareep, Houndour...neat stuff! And the Johto starters too! I know people complain about only getting a diploma for your efforts on completing the Pokedex, but Emerald was the first game to give a good prize for it (unless you had Colosseum and the ability to trade, then it felt useless haha).

I think FRLG got the better Johto stuff though, like Sentret, Togepi, and Larvitar. I don't recall ever using them in post-game or anything though lol. It's been a long time since I've beaten FR or LG so I'm probably forgetting some other Pokemon.

But yeah, I think it was a good addition and they fit in pretty nicely, especially where they were added in Emerald. Cause you know, the Safari Zone is supposed to be for rare Pokemon that can't be found elsewhere. Makes sense, ya know? :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I liked how you were given access to them. Although I had the Gamecube games, it was annoying to have to play through them over again to get certain Pokémon. I feel like you should get an Eevee in Emerald, seeing as you can evolve it into Espeon and Umbreon there. I feel that putting them in the Safari Zone was a smart idea, seeing as they were foreign Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    I liked them bringing in Johto Pokémon, it gave us something to do after the E4, other then the Battle Frontier of course. Too bad they didn't give us Eevee though, it's such a great Pokémon! And getting the starter trio from Johto after completing the Pokédex is a reasonable reward, although I haven't bothered to complete it.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Bringing the Johto Pokemon was a nice thing. I liked it and it was one of the many reasons I bought Emerald. Now, I own both XD and Colloseum as well, so it wasn't such a big deal for me, but it was still nice to have a Smeargle. Although, that "strange tree" in the Battle Frontier surprised me abit. :P

Back