• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How blind people play Pokémon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
  • As some of you may be aware, I am a blind Pokémon fanatic.
    Some of you may doubt the possibility of such a thing, but Pokémon is actually one of the most accessible video games for blind people.
    The diverse sound effects allow for a blind person to competently compeat in all battles, in game or against other players alike.
    Getting through the game can be a little difficult. The grid based movement, along with the wall-bump sound effect makes navigation possible, but still not fully accessible.
    To complete complex areas in Pokémon games, I have in the past had help from family members and friends.
    In order to complete a Pokémon game independently, I require an advanced walkthrough.
    I have received 1 such walkthrough for Pokémon Black & White, and I am wanting to ask if there is anybody who would considder writing such direction for Pokémon Emerald.
    If you want to know how this is usually done, take my Black & White walkthrough for example
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58851737/pokemon_BW.txt
    These were mostly written by another blind Pokémon fan.
    Since these games were for DS, he did have the help of tools such as PokéSav and PokéGen. These tools can be used to collect information about one's inventory, which can help one to determine whether or not the appropriate items were collected. Unfortunately similar tools do not appear to be available for the advanced generation of games.
    If anyone is willing to help write some directions for Pokémon Emerald, I would be very greatful.
    One person wouldn't have to write all of the directions. If just a couple of Pokécommunity members were to work on it, it would not be such a task.
    Unlike the directions I linked, you do not have to give information on the wild Pokémon in the area you are writing directions for.
    Trainer information is only somewhat necessary. It is necessary to insure that the player battles the appropriate trainers in order so as to stay on corse. The levels and moveset aren't required, just the Pokémon's names.

I use a program called Window Eyes to read and respond to forum posts, as well as navigate most other aspects of the web.
    It uses text to speech tecnology to speak text on my screen.
    Thanks,
    Pokemonmasteraaron

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sorry, but you can't just ask people here to make you a walkthrough. I hope you can find one with the directions you need, but you can't just ask someone to make you one. Maybe you should consider looking up videos on YouTube with really good commentary? Maybe there are more blind players that post their videos on YouTube.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back