• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Silent Dove

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Okay time for a new poem...I've had a sudden urge to write them lately O_o; I didn't notice until I was done but theres a lot of coincidental ryhme ^^l

The silent dove

The beauty of the silent dove
    Was like something sent from above.
    A sign of wonder and miracle.
    Showers of beautiful love were sent down,
    My heart was at peace for once,
    After all life had come full round.

The night came with the ones seeking to conquer your free soul
    Those horrid men wanting you in a hole.
    A soul such as yours,
    That should be allowed to be freed
    Was now stuck and cut like a weed.
    Beauty left those eyes as the tears came
    Tears were full of pain and fear.

Then one day,
    The dove fell silent
    It?s beauty now gone,
    The world in tears
    Tears of fear that were to come?​

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Jorge, you're really good at poetry! ^.~ Yesh, it is quite addicting once you start. <3

Now, this poem was really nice. It had a sad air about it, but still came with a good flow and meaning to it.

This poem makes me think of both naivete and innocence. For you are naive to the world until you learn the true meaning of death and hatred.

You are innocent until you hurt and hate others yourself. Your once lively and childish personality are drained from your body, as your wings are clipped and you crash to the hard earth where people judge you, and expect more from you than you could ever provide.

This poem was soooo good! ^^ Me likes! Me likes! XD *glomps Bunny* I hope to see more poems by you soon, Jorge! ;D

~Kelsey

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Thanks guys ^^ I actually thought the flow to this one was rather off compared to what I usually do...Or I'm just not thinking straight XD And you more or less got the meaning of the poem Kelsey ^^

Years
  • This is the first time that I have read one of your works. But I gotta say I'm pretty impressed... its really good. Keep up with the excellent poems. ^^;

Back