• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Mega X & Y [Not Being Worked On]

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
Years
  • H4aCOQ4.png
    5Y6qaMx.png

Based On: Pokémon X & Y
    Most Recent Version: 0.2
    Length: 3 Badges
    Updated: 21 June 2021​

UPDATE: This hack is no longer being worked on. I may pick it up later.

Synopsis
    Pokémon Mega X & Y are hacks that change just about what you'd expect. Encounters are changed to include every Pokémon*, movesets are updated and changed, as well as the Pokémon themselves. You may be asking yourself why you should play this hack in particular. Well, the one thing that really sets this hack apart is double battles. More specifically, their predominant employment throughout players' journeys through Kalos. If you enjoy fighting two-on-two, then this is the hack for you. Moreover, the inclusion of double battles increases difficulty, so stay on your toes!
    *Please note that some of the features mentioned are not fully implemented yet, as the current version is not complete.

Features
    Double battles replace almost all single battles
    A brand-new set of tracks to listen to
    Increased difficulty
    An increased level curve
    Updated and modified learnsets
    Changed Pokémon stats, types, abilities, and held items
    Changed wild encounters
    Item changes
    Increased shiny rate to 1%
    Decapitalization

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    Spoiler:

Download
    Version 0.2

Old Downloads
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Kaphotonics for making pk3DS and png2bclim
    Lglaplante for giving a tutorial how to add custom music to X & Y
    PlatinumMaster for discovering how to add custom music to X & Y​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Saw this one from your signature in the Pokemon XD page. Looking forward towards its progress.

By any chance, have you got a Discord server (for discussion and such)? If not, that's cool!

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • I would make one, but I'd end up never using it, so no unfortunately :/

Also, thanks for checking out the hack!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    Interesting hack. I've been wanting to play again the XY games and found your project.

Can't wait to play until you finish it! :D

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • Interesting hack. I've been wanting to play again the XY games and found your project.

Can't wait to play until you finish it! :D

I've been quite prolific lately as a result of lots of free time. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • Shiny rate 1/20? Hmm. maybe it is a good idea to increase it a bit? Such a rate is not a bad thing, but I think we'll be buried under a pile of shinies=3

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • Shiny rate 1/20? Hmm. maybe it is a good idea to increase it a bit? Such a rate is not a bad thing, but I think we'll be buried under a pile of shinies=3

After testing a bit I would have to disagree. The player (or at least I) does't really go in the grass much, so 20 encounters is more that you might imagine. I got to Santalune City before seeing the first one. However, if this is really too much for most people I will increase the rarity of shinies. Maybe 1/50? Let me know your thoughts :)

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • After testing a bit I would have to disagree. The player (or at least I) does't really go in the grass much, so 20 encounters is more that you might imagine. I got to Santalune City before seeing the first one. However, if this is really too much for most people I will increase the rarity of shinies. Maybe 1/50? Let me know your thoughts :)

1/50 sounds like a good plan. But if other players will encounter not that many shinies I'll have to go with the crowd =) I just spend too much time in he grass=D

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • 1/50 sounds like a good plan. But if other players will encounter not that many shinies I'll have to go with the crowd =) I just spend too much time in he grass=D

Perhaps I could make a patch to change the shiny rate. This would be fairly simple to do, and will hopefully cater to everybody's taste. I plan to make the 1.0 release very tailorable with as much customization as I can feasibly include, while keeping the core of the game intact.

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • The new update is here! This one goes up to the second fight with Korrina. Many changes have been made to the section before Viola, so I'd suggest restarting if you played 0.1. As you play, please keep your attention on the difficulty and let me know if any parts didn't feel like a real challenge, or if they were too brutal. You can post your responses here or message me. Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hope I'm not necro'ing the thread, this looks really fantastic! Are you intending to continue development of it? Hacks like this have really given me a newfound appreciation for XY and having it be fully double battles is a refreshing change as well.

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
    Years
  • Hope I'm not necro'ing the thread, this looks really fantastic! Are you intending to continue development of it? Hacks like this have really given me a newfound appreciation for XY and having it be fully double battles is a refreshing change as well.

Are you still doing this hack rom? How's the progress doing? :D

I took a bit of a hiatus, as I was having issues with getting some of the custom music to loop properly. Seeing people actually interested in my hack is really motivating, so maybe I'll focus on getting the battles done, and then I'll do the music later. I'm currently working on Ramos (Grass Gym). The next version will go to Valerie (Fairy Gym), followed by the full 1.0 release. I also plan to edit the post game, and I will use the "Sushi High Roller" restaurant to add final boss battles! Please look forward to future updates! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The new update is here! This one goes up to the second fight with Korrina. Many changes have been made to the section before Viola, so I'd suggest restarting if you played 0.1. As you play, please keep your attention on the difficulty and let me know if any parts didn't feel like a real challenge, or if they were too brutal. You can post your responses here or message me. Thank you!

Hey, haven't checked out the game after playing a bit on 0.1. I will hopefully be able to play 0.2 soon. And good luck on your work/hack :)

Back