• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Voting Polls Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

The Pokémon Voting Polls Rules

This is your Pokémon OVP, where all threads that do not promote discussion and/or "post-and-go" threads belong. This section is meant to be fun for everyone, but there are still some rules specific to here that should be followed.

Keep in mind that while these rules are specific to this section, all the PokéCommunity General Rules still apply (make sure you know those easy ones as well before you start posting!). In addition, the Pokémon General rules still apply unless otherwise stated.

What belongs here?

This forum is unique in that to determine if a thread belongs here, you have to do two different checks. First of all, does the thread fit into any other Pokemon-related section on the website? If the thread is about the games or anime, make sure to put it in the appropriate section before considering Pokémon Voting Polls.

After you've determined that it belongs in the Pokémon General section, it's time to look at the actual content of the thread. Does it promote discussion of the topic, or is it the kind of thread that you would post in once and then leave? Topics that belong here include:

ღ Topics that ask what you would do in a given situation
    ღ Topics where the question can be answered in 1-2 sentences (or less)
    ღ Topics that are so opinion-based that no answer can be discussed

All these threads would belong in Pokémon Voting Polls, and not Pokémon General. The line is rather thin, so if you ever aren't sure, feel free to contact one of the moderators and you can work it out together.

Give Reasons

While the questions in this section are generally not up for discussion, that doesn't mean you shouldn't back up your opinions with some explanation. For example, this reply would be against this rule:

What Pokémon would you want in real life? said:
    I would want Growlithe.

Basically, just expand on your opinions and why you chose what you chose. A good example of this would be:

What Pokémon would you want in real life? said:
    I would want Growlithe because I'm a big fan of dogs! Also Growlithe is supposed to be really loyal and it's cold where I am so a Fire-type would be nice to warm me up.

Posts that do not follow this rule will receive an infraction for SPAM.

Reporting and You!

The quickest way to get a problem dealt with is to report it. Posting in a thread that needs to be locked just bumps it to the top, which just helps the thread grow if no one is online to deal with it. If you see a problem thread, even if you're unsure, please report it.
    report.gif

Credits

Rules written by Toujours.
    If you have any questions regarding these rules, you can contact the current moderators Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers and Brendino via VM or PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back