• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Calculating Base Experience Yield

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
So I am trying to get the 6th gen in with the correct amount of base experience yield, however Bulbapedia and Serbii are coming up short with the values.

I was curious if there is a way to calculate these values so I can add the proper values to Pokemon.txt.

For example, Bulbasaur has a BEY of 64 and Cyndaquil has a BEY of 62. How are these calculated?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience

Skip down to "Gain Formula".

Base EXP yield is basically the value of exp you gain from defeating a Pokémon with that value at level 1, without having any exp bonuses.
In Generation 1-4 the calculation is pretty straightforward, but as of Gen 5, the amount of exp you gain is also dependent on the level of your Pokémon as well.

Anyway, Bulbapedia has the formula. Simply open up your copy of X or Y, go and defeat a Pokémon, check it's level and the experience you gain from defeating it and have fun calculating. XD

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Well, in that case, you will not be able to "exactly" calculate anything. XD
Trust Bulbapedia and/or Serebii, with the numbers they found.

If you're still unsure, use the same Exp Yield as an equivalent Pokemon.
Like Chespin=Bulbasaur, Vivillon=Butterfree, Sylveon=Jolteon or Goomy=Dratini.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Well, in that case, you will not be able to "exactly" calculate anything. XD
Trust Bulbapedia and/or Serebii, with the numbers they found.

If you're still unsure, use the same Exp Yield as an equivalent Pokemon.
Like Chespin=Bulbasaur, Vivillon=Butterfree, Sylveon=Jolteon or Goomy=Dratini.

Bulbapedia and Serebii have been updating their info and still are from my observations. I was not sure if there was a way for me to calculate it off the total XP/Growth Rate etc.

I have been using equivalents, I was just wondering if there was a formula I could use as stated above.

Thanks for the response though.

Back