• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen secret base friends

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Do many people here actually take advantage of the ability to fight your friends pokemon via mix and match records, then you can find them in their secret base? I find threads on grinding techniques and while fighting a mob of trainers is cool an all, getting a strong player to mix records with you would mean getting exp for lvl 60+ pokemon.

not to brag or anything, but with 8 lvl 100 friend bases to level up at completing the hoenn dex and maxing my team's level was easy. though you can only fight them once a day, it proves better than only waiting for rematches with trainers in r/s/e.

just saying, in case people don't actually know.

zephzer

Electabuzz Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2014
    That's the way I did it. The only hard part was when one my friends an I had a secret base located in the same place. I had to move so I could battle him.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I've done it, but it wasn't something I'd do constantly. A lot of the time you could probably arrange a link battle, which is more intense. However, it had it's upsides; there were people I got from mixing records that I didn't know, as well as friends that I rarely see, which was... nice, I suppose.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    yea but with linking there is no xp...

That's the way I did it. The only hard part was when one my friends an I had a secret base located in the same place. I had to move so I could battle him.

of course our friends always take the best spots lol.

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • Everytime I train a Pokemon, I always go to my friends secret bases. I thought it was a good way of training since the levels of trainers in the game were quite low. Plus it was fun owning my friends everyday and how their secret bases were unattractive compared to mine.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have a few friend's bases, however all but one of them suck. So I eventually just started mixing records with my other files so that I knew the challenge would be higher because I was always overlevel. Oh, and my base is in the best spot ever. No one had mine, but my best friend had the one next to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • This was before the days of Wi-fi, so I had a main game and started over in another copy of the game, created secret bases with those game files, and in essence battled myself, albeit with a different team in each base.

Back