• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I set weather conditions for battle while using MAWS weather animations?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2018
    Hey,

I guess the title is pretty straightforward. How do I set weather conditions for battle while using MAWS weather animations? Is there a line or two of code / options that I can put into an event that pretty much says "set the weather condition of this battle to Rain"? I essentially want to be able to set the weather for a battle without having to use the default rain and snow animations (but instead use MAWS weather animations). Thanks.

Years
  • I have been playing around with MAWS lately and here is what I have found.
    $game_screen.weather(1, 25, 40, 0) - Rain

The about is an example of rain. each weather script will start with "$game_screen.weather"
    the number (1,25,40,0) are found in side the script editor.

the first number is the Type
    the second number is the Power
    the third number is the Hue
    and the fourth number is the Variation

if you go into the script editor you will see the first number (Type) is set to 1 which is rain. but if you want to make bubbles instead you would need to find where it says Type=(number) #Bubbles and use that number as your Type.

I haven't played around with the middle 2 numbers yet, but by messing with to colors in the script editor I was able to change the Variation for the color brown in the leafs to pink.
    Decimal Code (R,G,B)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2018
    I have been playing around with MAWS lately and here is what I have found.
    $game_screen.weather(1, 25, 40, 0) - Rain

The about is an example of rain. each weather script will start with "$game_screen.weather"
    the number (1,25,40,0) are found in side the script editor.

the first number is the Type
    the second number is the Power
    the third number is the Hue
    and the fourth number is the Variation

if you go into the script editor you will see the first number (Type) is set to 1 which is rain. but if you want to make bubbles instead you would need to find where it says Type=(number) #Bubbles and use that number as your Type.

I haven't played around with the middle 2 numbers yet, but by messing with to colors in the script editor I was able to change the Variation for the color brown in the leafs to pink.
    Decimal Code (R,G,B)

Yes, I understand that portion of it. But how do you use these animations (instead of essentials defaults) while still having the effects of rain, snow, sun, etc. in battle (how can I script this or set this before battles)?

Back