• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firwood Asylum [PG-16/17 Possible]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
It's typical of modern society, that when people become mentally disturbed to a certain point, they are taken to a facility, where they are protected from others, and themselves, and kept in confinement, either for the rest of their lives, or until they are deemed mentally stable, and released. However, what happens to the people who are insane, and have abnormal abilities, sch as strength, magic, or telekenesis, for example?

Enter the Firwood Asylum. This facility is maintained in several dimensions, with technology advanced to terrifying levels. They are the ones who "care for the mentally disturbed individuals who posess paranormal abilities." They maintain the strictest level of security upon their patients, keeping to the basis set by the founder of the asylum, Diviath Firwood. Capture teams are regularly sent out at reports of the mentally disturbed who posess paranormal abilities, and are brought back, usually to completely customized methods of captivity, and extensive therapy in order to cure the supposed problems of the individual.

In this roleplay, we start out as either our own characters, or other characters from fictional works,. brought here because of supposed mental problems. However, we must find a way to do the impossible, and escape.

I will not provide a specific sign up, but instead, I leave you to describe your characters as you choose. However, I ask three things of you.
1: Use common sense, your character can have paranormal powers, but they can't be on the level of deity's, for example. Just try to be reasonable in everything.
2: A reason you're here. You can't just say you were the victim of a misunderstanding. There needs to be a reason that you're being held in an asylum for the mentally disturbed.
3: Assurance that you're compitent enough to participate in this roleplay. A few need not provide this, but for the most part, I will need a sample of your roleplaying abilities.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Name: Jim Kirkwood
Race: Human (rumored to have giant blood in him)
Problem: "Mentally unstable"/telekinesis (Which equals psycho)
Description: Jim is an astounding 7 foot 7 inches. His height also comes with a strength unmatched by no buddy except giants and the strongest of dwarves. Jim's scared face and wicked gray eyes scare most people (if not all races) away from him, furthering the image of a psycho. He normally wears leather breeches, and prefers to go bare shirt and bare foot. His hair is messy and mud clotted, and seemingly transformed from the healthy rich black hair of his youth to a grizzly gray.
Personality: Jim Kirkwood is as far from a psycho as that rabbit over yonder (*points to defensely cute bunny*), although his ugly and intimidating appearance would speak otherwise. Jim is good natured and does well to listen to others advise. He grew up a rich child until he started having "problems", which involved people mysteriously dieing or disappearing after they pushed him to the brink of anger. His parents shund him and threw them out on the streets. Not feeling any anger, only acceptance no one has been hurt since. He was adventually captured when he figured out he had telekinesis, and started using it to better the hunting village that he helped found. When the people of his village found out they thought him crazy and exiled him. Which prompted his captivity.

I couldn't think of anything else to put, since you didn't list a form. I hope this simplistic one does the trick. If not I'll modify. (RP sample coming soon!)

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Name: Ranma Saotome
Description: Ranma, an amazingly talented martial artist was cursed on a training strip to an infamous training ground. As a result, whenever he is splashed with cold water, he becomes a female version of himself, and the effect is only reversed with hot water. He posesses several unique techniques, as well as great adaptability.
Appearance: In his male form, he has dark black hair, kept in a pigtail, and piercing blue eyes. He has a slim, fit, and tall build.In his female form, things are much the same, aside from being much smaller, with bright red hair. His cursed form is exceptionally well built, which has caused her trouble in the past.
Reason for imprisonment: He was placed under here because of "delusions" of his masculinity, and his refusal to accept his curse, maintaining that he has to find a cure. The treatment for such is of course, customized to him, in order to gethim over these "delusions"
Other: If you want any more info, check out the ranma section at www.animeinfo.org

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
Name: Rian Mirage
Ability: Creating Illusions (To create illusions, Rian must be able to see the area he is to create the illusions at)
Reason for Captivity: He claims his family was killed by ghosts, though witnesses clearly state they saw him killing his family.
Appearance: Dark hair loosely tied behind his head by bandages, bindings over his silver eyes, somewhat slim stature
Personality: Rian is, in actuality, somewhat "mentally disturbed". Being that he was taken into confinement when he was ten years of age, he retains a childish facet to his personality. Though he does not anger often or easily, once he decides he dislikes something or someone, he may have difficulty changing his attitude toward it. While he may not clearly display it, Rian is unexpectedly comprehensive and, when needed, a quick thinker.
Roleplay Sample: Er, the sample may be seem slightly violent, though I tried not to make it too much so . . . I will edit if needed.

"Rian, what have you done?"

Sitting and trembling on the wood floor directly within his front door, Rian slowly turned as he heard the question. An eerie, crazed smile was fixed upon his features, though tears ran freely across his face--as though attempting to cleanse him of the abundant red fluid that seemed painted across his face and that dripped from his shaking hands. As the child turned, the crowd of people viewing the scene from the sidewalk recoiled in horror. Staggering to his feet, the smile faded from the youth's features as he continued to cry--unable to remove the gruesome image from his mind of his family's demise.

Rian's bluish silver eyes attempted to focus on the man who had questioned him. "I-I . . . my family . . . ghosts . . . they d-did it," the boy stammered, reaching a crimson-soaked hand toward the man.

The fear in the man's eyes grew to a crescendo as he moved a few paces back, his expression terrified and incredulous. "What are you babbling about?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"They-they . . . " Rian glanced over his shoulder toward the carcasses of his family that lay in the front hall of his house, as though still in disbelief of their deaths. Suddenly returning his gaze to the crowd of onlookers, he seemed to snap. "Stop staring at me! Just stop!" The child fell to his knees, clutching his head as he cried, "N-not my fault! The ghost's fault. All the ghost . . . "

Swiftly degrading from hysteria to a broken whimpering, Rian seemed fully unaware of the flashing red lights and approaching sirens that signaled the end of his freedom.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 25, 2009
Name: Envy
Description: Envy is an evil evil creature brought about by messing with alchemy a homculas with the ablity to change form
Appearance:His usal apearance is a 16 year old boy in what apears to a black body suit with green hair but as his unique ability to transform into any one
Reason for imprisonment: what else could you do to a homculas with the ability to trasform besides killing it which is almost impossible the most prevelent reason why he has been imprisoned {with great difficulaty i might add } is cause he cares only for one thing destruction ..

RPG sample : Celibi's garden

Last edited:

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
Years
Name: Blitz,
Appearence: Blitz looks like a normal 17 year old boy, He is 6ft 3, Blue eyes, Brown hair, Blitz has quite a lanky figure, But is suprisingly tough
Personality Blitz is userly quite and keeps to himself, He is good at planning things out, When he's not angry that is, When he is angry he is known to have glowing red eye's, He only6 has to stand there to defete his enemy
Power: Blitz has the power to create destruction out of rage, he is best known for his ability to create canon balls in mid air, Whitch ofcourse fall to the ground making terrible effects
History: Blitz doesn't have a proper name, He was given the name blitz due to his outrages attacks, He has no memory of his perents because he wa left on the street at the age of 1, He was then found by a group of gangsters who planned to put him up for randsome, When they discovered his powers they dicided to keep him and bring him up to be part of their gang
Reason for imprisonment: His rage!
Sample rp:

--

"Blitz you need to stay here, We don't need you, YOur power will be too much" The leader said as he headed for the door

With that said the leader found himself surrounded by hundreds of small circling lead balls about the size of the ping pong ball,

The leader knew that if he didn't let him come blitz would drive everyone of those balls toward him

"Fine you can come, Just don't get mad!"The leader said

They both left the hideout with 5 other members of the gang

It was onjly a bank robbery and blitz wasn't needed, But blitz was bored, and if he wanted to go, he knew he could, At the time blitz was only 5 years old, and he had this much power, He is now 17 and some stupid idiot decided it was a good idea to lock him up

Blitz stood in a the corner in a streight jacket, He stood there with his eyes glowing and a million small balls bouncing off the walls, And the occasional big one

It was no use, the walls where basicly indistructible.. He couldn't get out, But he kept trying, The balls got bigger and bigger, Untill there where too many, The room was full of lead balls, the biggest only as big as his head,

Ciera

This is a tragedy.
Years
Name: Alexandra

Ability: Pyrokinesis (Creation and control of fire)

Reason for Captivity: They took her in because she had often, accidentaly, set things on fire, including her own home. They had deemed her mentally incompetant, claiming she had uncontrolable pyromania, or an obsession with fire, and burning things. They also claimed her insane, using her ploys of mental stability against her. In her files for the institute they have also written 'kleptomaniac' and 'bi-polar,' claiming she snatches things without knowing what she is doing, as well as claiming her bi-polar, only to up her medication to control the pyrokinesis, of which is absent from her files. Often they have also claimed her obsessive-compulsive, for her natural behaviour of cleaning up the smallest of messes, whether she made them or not, as well as straightening things of which hae been crooked.

Appearance: Alex has green eyes, black hair, a pale, caucasion complexion. She weighs about 126 pounds, and stands at almost 5'8". For clothing, she usually wears dark, and black, pants and tops.

Personality: She is usually quiet, yet when upset by someone, she will yell and scream and kick and bite. When in a comfortable enviroment, or around someone she likes, she will talk, and babble on about the littlest of things.

Roleplay Sample: The Tavern... I believe it has gone to a few pages back... umm... >_>

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
OOC: I sincerely apologize, but I'm going to be unnable to do this RP. Events IRL are sending me on a trip as of saturday, however, as soon as I return, I will be more than happy to try this roleplay again.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
Shiney, if you'd like, I could take over for you until you get back...

Name: Evieona Ravenwinge

Reason for Captivity: Evieona seems to love blood. She never went to church, and stays away from anything holy. She began disappring at night, and attacks began appearing. The victims were 'pale and cold, with looks of horror on their faces, holes in their necks, and an extreme amout of blood missing.' There have been reports of 'a strange girl appearing from the shadows, wearing all black clothing.' One night Evieona's older brother followed her out, and they found him dead the next morning. Before leaving, he told his parents he was going for a walk with Evieona. Thus, this strange girl was thrown in the asylum for murder charges, and being sick with a 'vampiric mentality illness'.

Appearance: http://www.hydepark.co.il/hydepark/upload06/050201_191932-20_Rag04.jpg

Personality: Evieona is a mishchevious little demonic girl. She often disappeares just when she's needed and reappeares at the worst possibly moments. Her creepy smirk often means she's up to something, and she is usually calm at bad times. She can be quick to anger, though, and there are times when she seems so depressed you'd think the world was about to end. Evieona tends to drive people crazy with her quirky bipolar personality, and there are many things she keeps to herself. Just when people think they've got her figured out, she'll throw something new at them. And, no matter how many times anyone and everyone asks, she won't remove her gloves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back